Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 4:19 pm
Correction can sometimes lead to reactive aggression. If Hank does not respect Mike, the correction has to come from the alpha.

Ways to see the bite coming, hard eyes, hard touch, freezing, looking at place of bite and of course, lifting lips and growling. As soon as any of these signs occur, the alpha has to yank Hank away and in a low voice, growl out "No" and then force him into a down so that he realizes that he is lower in pack structure

EDIT: ...also try to disconnect any feelings with Hank after he has aggressed towards anyone. Once he relaxes on the ground, then he can be let up  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 4:24 pm
Rainey_angel81
Correction can sometimes lead to reactive aggression. If Hank does not respect Mike, the correction has to come from the alpha.

Ways to see the bite coming, hard eyes, hard touch, freezing, looking at place of bite and of course, lifting lips and growling. As soon as any of these signs occur, the alpha has to yank Hank away and in a low voice, growl out "No" and then force him into a down so that he realizes that he is lower in pack structure
Tisk, tisk that's not how you do it. You are suppose to bite the dog back. Don't you know anything. Here I'll show you...

*goes and bites a would be biter dog... fight insues... drags self forward few minutes later bleeding and looking like ragdoll.* See, nothing to it *collaspes*

Well it works on mantises. <.< Although they never bite me in the first place but that is besides the point. >.>  

Krissim Klaw

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 4:25 pm
Krissim Klaw
Rainey_angel81

Tisk, tisk that's not how you do it. You are suppose to bite the dog back. Don't you know anything. Here I'll show you...

*goes and bites a would be biter dog... fight insues... drags self forward few minutes later bleeding and looking like ragdoll.* See, nothing to it *collaspes*

Well it works on mantises. <.< Although they never bite me in the first place but that is besides the point. >.>

uh....no.  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 4:28 pm
Rainey_angel81

uh....no.
Your just jealous of my mad dog training skills. Non of my dogs have ever disobeyed me. (Doesn't have any dogs) rofl  

Krissim Klaw

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 4:31 pm
Krissim Klaw
O.o this makes me think of my parents old cat. He used to be a indoor outdoor cat along with their collie. Well he would go and tease the other cats and get them all pissed and then lead them back within our property to the dog to do the fighting. <.<
That's hilarious.  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 4:52 pm
The problem is, is that you don't know when its coming, Rainey. Theres no signs at all! No stiff posture, no nothing. Not even looking at him. He's just suddenly biting him.  

La Vigie

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 5:02 pm
ah. does he break skin when he bites? You can use the same method, just make sure he's not biting down when he's corrected off, or else the correction will make him bite down harder.

the only other alternative is constant supervision between of Hank in the presence of Mike  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:50 pm
Thanks for all the pet advice everyone ^^ I do really appreciate it. I probably won't be able to get something until July, so that gives me plenty of time to look around and decide. Rats and Rabbits still sound like the best option, and it still depends on what's allowed. We'll see what happens 3nodding  

Af Mas

Darien_Thread

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:54 pm
I am a pretty good dog trainer. Must I am a strict master normally. I can be my dogs best friend but I can be rather mean to him as well if he is being bad. But I have never hit my dog before  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:59 pm
La Vigie
FogSage
Affy, get a neutered male cat. They're very affectionate and love to be petted or held on one's lap and mine like to chase stuff and bring it back to me.
I'd suggest female. They're just as affectionete, and cost much less in the long run, seeing as males are territorial and fight. Phantom has cost me well over a thousend this year in vet bills from fights.
Is that so? That females are just as affectionate? I've had four females and all of them were very shy. The two males I had were always wanting to cuddle and sit on my lap and give me love bites. heart  

FogSage

Manda_Tifa

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:04 pm
I have two girl cats. One doesn't pay attention to a THING you tell her and has no sense of training whatsoever and can be very violent and not very affectionate at all (but I still love her to pieces!). The other cat is VERY affectionate, but hates sitting in laps or being held.

I'm heartbroken that I can't bring them to Miami with me....I have to leave them with my boyfriend here in Vermont. crying  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:08 pm
I have only one female cat and she is very affectionate. We don't play with our cats or overly touch them, we allow them to come to us which I think makes the bond stronger. I think I've had pretty good luck with both sexes, our males don't spray and all three are affectionate up to a certain point.  

Rainey_angel81

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:34 pm
I have raised cats all my life and I have noticed two particular things when it comes to males and females. The females tend to be more tender and almost motherly with their affection while the males are a little more needy and pushy.

This can make the males seem more affectionate, but it is simple that they need affermation more than the females. Whom are usually easier to handle and will settle down in your lap easier.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:14 am
Rainey_angel81
ah. does he break skin when he bites? You can use the same method, just make sure he's not biting down when he's corrected off, or else the correction will make him bite down harder.

the only other alternative is constant supervision between of Hank in the presence of Mike
Sometimes, but not often. Alright, thanks. Constant supervistion isnt going to be happening..

Speaking of dog training, I don't belive its nessisary, ever, to SHOCK your dog. Especialy when it rolls around yelping and such. My uncles uses it, and unless your a professional German Shorthair trainer, you might as well not even say you disagree. I hate it when people are so friggin' opinionated you can't have an opinion =_=  

UglyCoyoteNG

Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games