Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Black Lake Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:18 pm
User Image

Celaena happily entered the boat as Ariana said she could. Yay! She was making new friends everywhere! She chuckled at the excitement in the other girl's voice but her eyes widened a bit at the change in color. "Why did your hair change color?" She asked curiously. She wasn't wanting to make fun but was quite curious. It was interesting! And she thought it was very neat! Especially if it reflected her mood. "Look! Now our hair matches!" She giggled.

[quote="Arkendrai]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:55 pm
User Image
                                                                    User Image
                                                                    ════════════════════════
                                                                    Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ |❶| Uɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ |❶| Mᴜɢɢʟᴇ-ʙᴏʀɴ
                                                                    ════════════════════════

Dani noticed the other girl approaching her, and smiled a bit self-consciously. It took her a moment to realize she really hadn't spoken to anybody on the train. When the other girl told her about how cute Sassy was, she replied, "Thank you, her name is Sassafras."

The other girl spoke about the owl she had, and then asked if she were nervous. Dani was relieved to know she probably wasn't the only one nervous. "This is all pretty new to me," she confessed nervously. "My name's Danica Stewart; friends call me 'Dani'." With a nod toward where she was seated, she added, "Why don't you climb aboard? Maybe between the two of us we can get where we're going without drowning, or getting ....um, eaten."

════════════════════════
                                                                    OOC:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:29 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

x
                                    ████████████████xxxxx███████

First Year | | Eleven | | Unsorted | | Single | | Metamorphmagus

Ariana was startled by Celaena's question, and didn't realised why she was asking it at first. Then, she took a strand of her hair into her fingers and realised that it was no longer the dark brown it usually was, but was bright blonde. She giggled at it, then looked at Celaena happily. "Oh! I...I don't really know..." She shrugged, "all I really know is that my...guardian...calls me a...'meta'...'metamorphmagus', I think it's called. I can change my hair colour and features whenever I want! Sometimes my hair changes with my mood though, like now!" Ariana grinned, letting go of the strands she had been holding, and letting them fall back to her shoulders.

"Watch this," Ariana whispered. She looked around a bit, and then back to Celaena. She scrunched her nose, and wiggled it a bit. As soon as this started, she felt her skin starting to shape itself into something else. She then knew, as her skin stopped stretching, that she had changed her nose into what you would see on a pig. She made a few silly faces, then set it all back to normal, giggling. "I can do all kinds of stuff! It's really cool! I don't really know where I got it from, but it's a lot of fun to play around with!" Ariana babbled on, excited that she could finally talk to someone about her powers. She knew she was unique, as she didn't know anyone else with this ability -- of course, she did know that she wasn't the only one with these powers. She was just happy she could finally say something about it without getting yelled at to shut up, and Celaena seemed genuinely interested in the whole thing.

clothing x ooc :: - - -

shabatha

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:02 am
User Image
єugene єridanos ωindsor

Unsorted First Year Half-Blood

xxxxxxxx I don't know what I want, so don't ask me
------------------------------------------------- 'Cause I'm still trying to figure it out
xxxxxxxx Don't know what's down this road, I'm just walking
------------------------------------------- Trying to see through the rain coming down

-------- ✎ Even though I'm not the only one who feels the way I do... ✦ --------

Jean then turned his head when the boy answered his question, "Yeah, first year. I take it you're one too? Or, well, you'd have to be if you're in this boat too. My name's Elijah. Elijah Pemberton. What's yours?" 'Oh,, Jean just realized that all the students here were first years, how could he not notice this? Then he decided to simply just laugh it off, "Ahahah, oh right. I just realized that," he chuckled to his own mistake, maybe at least the boy won't take it seriously.

Before he had a chance to introduce himself, a blonde girl joined their boat. The girl looked... petite and yet, cute. Well, he didn't say he liked her, nor disliked either. She just look cute and outgoing with her smile, that's all.

"You two missed joining the group of first years we had assembled on the platform. You two should have joined us, yao..." Jean bit his lip and scratched his cheek softly with his index finger, "Well, uh, I'm not used in joining in groups and well... yeah", he stammered. He wasn't shy and all, he's just not good in making friends by himself.

"We're all going to be classmates, after all, it only makes sense to get to know each other and be friends. I'm Cathaline, but feel free to shorten it anyways you feel fitting." 'This is the perfect time', he thought when he had the chance to introduce himself. "Yeah, good point. My name's Eugene Windsor, and feel free to call me Jean." He gave a small smile. "A~nd I guess Cathy is okay to you?", he added. To begin with, he liked to shorten people's nicknames as long it's okay.

Jean then glanced at the horizon, it seemed so far. He wondered about how far the school is, or what it looked like. Then he turned to the two, "Have you guys heard about this... Sorting thingy?" He asked.

-------- I'll be strong, I'll be wrong but life goes on. --------

Mood: Cool-headed, but pretty stammered too
    With: Elijah Pemberton and Cathy League

mc2
Diamond Wales

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:20 am
User Image

Celaena watched as soon, Ariana was so happy to get it out. She even changed her nose! It took a moment before she had a pigs nose! Celaena's eyes widened before she broke into a giggling fit, and even started to laugh. "That is so amazing! So not every one can right? And you can only do it at certain times? Or is it anytime you want? For some reason, wouldn't it be that people would get angry with you about that sort of thing? So you can look however you want? Does it take some of your energy to change it to whatever?" She asked very curious! But she continued to giggle about the nose, even after she had changed back to normal. That was so cool! The young Snow child had never heard of a Metamorphmagus before.

[quote="Arkendrai]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:54 am
User Image

My wand is springy and spiraled made of acacia wood with a fairy hair core and is 8.5 inches long. I am 11 years old. I am enrolled as a first year at Hogwarts Witchcraft and Wizardry! And, I don't know what house I am to be sorted into... my big brother told me there are four and something called the sorting hat makes the final decision. [Wearing: Plain Uniform]

Cathy raised a brow at Jean's apparent ignorance at the sorting, and then she remembered her brother said something about not everyone getting someone to tell them all about Hogwarts. She cocked her head to the name Jean and his stammering. Smiling she said, "Cathy is fine. Jean... ah a good solid French name. Parlez-vous français?" She asked him in French if he spoke the language, thinking it would be nice to have someone to practice the language with.

"Oh, and the sorting," She added, putting a finger in the air as if she just realized his other question. "I don't actually know that much about it, but my brother who is a third year says that a hat known as the "Sorting Hat" makes all the decisions of where you go. Basically it is put on your head and then it makes the decision which house you go to... I heard it had something to do with personality or something on the train ride, but my brother said, it also sometimes takes in people's opinions if they are really set on a particular house."

She smiled and suggested, "Maybe it turns different colors or something to show where you go. I actually only know the names of the houses, I really don't know much details... my brother said he wanted to keep me unbiased or something so he didn't tell me all that much about it. Makes it more exciting, though, right?"

"But you go to class with everyone regardless of houses so it isn't like houses matter that much besides being a set dormitory and common area from what I've heard," She added with a shrug.

I just can't wait to make new friends and meet new people! And I finally get to be at the same school as my brother! And to think we can all do magic, too?!

Diamond Wales
Laurel Mindfang

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:00 am
User Image
                                                    I believe the sun should never set upon an argument
                                                    I believe we place our happiness in other people's hands
                                                    I believe that junk food tastes so good because it's bad for you
                                                    I believe your parents did the best job they knew how to do

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════

Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ || Uɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ || Mᴜɢɢʟᴇ-Bᴏʀɴ

════════════════════════

Eli blinked at Linnie's description of what the Sorting was like, feeling a bit disappointed. He had hoped it was a bit different, but he was fine with it. He did pout a bit though, deciding to voice his thoughts. "And here I was hoping I would have to get past a raging hippogryff or something. Though, it means we won't have to get hurt or something, so that's a bonus. I wonder why a hat, though? It sounds kind of boring, to be honest."

He grinned at Jean, patting the other boy on the back. "Attention's overrated, sometimes. I've had a lot of people tease me, and well, that's the bad end of the spectrum as far as attention. Though, it would have been warranted if I had like tentacles or something sprouting from my face and I was eating people. Umm, there hasn't been occasions of that happening, have there? That would kind of suck. I mean, the eating people bit, not the tentacles part. Tentacles could be cool. Imagine what you could do with them!" He looked out over the lake, seeing if he could spot the elusive squid that the lady had talked about. It was there, right? Maybe it would come and say hi or something? Or eat them. He wasn't sure at this point. "You don't think the squid would give us tentacles or something, do you?"

════════════════════════
                                                    Thinking: Well, I'm here. I kind of miss Gypsy and those older students now...
                                                    OOC: Open for roleplay, if anyone wants to talk to him >_<

I believe you can't control or choose your sexuality
                                                    I believe that trust is more important than monogamy
                                                    I believe your most attractive features are your heart and soul
                                                    I believe that family is worth more than money or gold

mc2

Laurel Mindfang

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:10 pm
I will keep quiet.
You won’t even know I’m here.
You won’t suspect a thing.
You won’t see me in the mirror.
But I crept into your heart...
You can’t make me disappear-
'Til I make you!
I made myself at home...

In the cobwebs and the lies: Suffering
I’m learning all your tricks: I thought we'd be taking the carriages!
I can hurt you from inside: First Years
I made myself a promise: Black Lake

M O R V E N | G R A I N N E | V A S S
B L O O D T R A I T O R | U N S O R T E D | F I R S T Y E A R User Image

Thus far, Morven Vass was not impressed. She picked her way delicately down to the lake shore with the group of children, the look of utter disgust on her face hidden by the gathering darkness of the night. No one had bothered to mention anything about boats to her. She'd assumed she'd be riding in the carriages with the older students- it seemed a lot more safer, drier, and dignified than crossing the lake in boats rocking precariously from side to side. She wasn't dressed for getting wet, which she was sure would be inevitable, and if one of these idiots so much as splashed her... She surveyed the first years getting into the boats appraisingly. No one looked like anyone she might get along with, but people whom she might get along with were generally in short supply. The small girl went into a full on pout, and stepped towards an empty boat. Four to a boat seemed excessive, and she was afraid if she tried to get in any of the boats already occupied she'd fall out. The water lapping at the sides of the boat she was attempting to get in seemed eager to swallow her up. It really did look black. She sat in the exact center of the small boat, too tense to even move. This was going to be torture. She was sure of it.

YOU WILL NEVER SEE ME CRY.

You’ll never know what hit you...
Won’t see me closing in...
I’m gonna make you suffer...
This hell you put me in!
I’m underneath your skin...
The devil within...
I will be here;
When you think you’re all alone.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:36 pm
User Image

The owl had been enjoying it's nap, too, but it's young master was fretful and forlorn. He had no other choice. Locked away in her bedroom, it might as well have been the highest tower in all of the United Kingdom, especially with the enchantments and protection her father had encased her in. Owl and child both heard the teeming silence after the last minute scraping of shopkeeps dusted their porches and the thrust of goods in exchange for the chime of a few sickles and galleons. Diagon and Knockturn Alley had been quiet, especially considering that tonight was the night. The Sorting Feast.

Cassandra's steely nerves had edged her away from her windowsill on Knockturn Alley, the owl hooted hollow. The trumpet of crickets lurched in the wind as she set quill to parchment and began to write. Clumsy fingers scrambled in the darkness as the nib scratched noisily on the page, the owl hooted again. With a single red ribbon, Cassie tied her letter to the leg of a great horned owl with feathers gray, white, tawny gold and black as a lightning storm.

By the time the owl had reached Hogsmeade, the scarlet train lay dormant and the students were already milling around the station, loitering at the base of the entrance gates beside carriage and thestral, and the youngest of the bunch were slowly arcing over the edge of their wooden vessels, only to rock back and forth on the slow, choppy waters waiting to progress to the castle.

The owl found its target, a young girl in a boat all on her own, an undeniable pout on her face that reminded the avian very much of its own young master.

Cassandra Nott

Hey Morven,

It's Cassie, remember me? From Diagon Alley? I hope you got your Hogwarts letter.... I didn't. Do you think owls can get lost? Anyway, I hope my da's owl found you alright. He bites sometimes, but only when he's being a prat. I meant to write you sooner, only, I guess I figured I'd have all the time in the world at school to catch up.

Write me back when you can, tell me what it's like. Oh, and what house did you get in?

Forevermore,
        Cassie

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:09 pm
x
x
x
x

x
                                    ████████████████xxxxx███████

First Year | | Eleven | | Unsorted | | Single | | Metamorphmagus

Ariana started to giggled just as much as Celaena was."I guess no one else can do it. I've never met anyone who could, so I guess so." Ariana shrugged. She didn't really know the answer, she just knew that she could do it, and that she hadn't met anyone else who could. She also nodded when Celaena asked her if it was all the time. She then frowned when the blonde had mentioned her being hated because she could do what she could. "I...I guess people would get angry. I mean, it doesn't take up any energy or anything, as far as I've seen. And, I can't look however I want, there are things I can't do. I mean, I've only really been learning how to do this stuff, and I've only learned how to change my nose...my hair like to change on its own most of the time." Ariana said, shrugging. She hoped she wasn't disliked merely because she was a metamorphmagus. That would be a pretty odd reason to hate someone, as Ariana didn't do anything...so why would they want to hate her? She did, however, smile, as Celaena continued to giggle at Ariana's pig nose.

clothing x ooc :: - - -

shabatha

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

kasjafod98834sd

Ruthless Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:08 pm
Bianca Tristaine
Unsorted
User Image

Carefully, Bianca stepped into the boat with Dani. "I don't much care for the water..." She mumbled getting herself settled. "My older brothers did say that there is something big in this lake. They told me never to go swimming in it. It's a monster." She said trying to be polite, but realizing she was probably scarring the other girl. "But if we're in the boats, we should be fine. I mean, they both had to do this, and they're fine." Bianca nodded. She was mostly trying to keep herself reassured, but trying to not scare Dani either. "For all I know they could have just being giving me a hard time, ya know? I mean, they could have spent their summer concocting lies to tell me." Bianca laughed. "Then I'd tell all the other firsties, and we'd have a fright."

✗-✗-✗-✗-✗-✗-✗-✗-✗-✗

Where:
With: -
OOC:

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:16 pm
User Image

Celaena listened, other than being kinda giggly, she was enraptured. It was so interesting! "Well, I didn't mean that it was a sure thing. But at my old school, I got picked on just for being Blonde... That's all I meant. But that is still so awesome! So you have to practice?" She asked. She tried wriggling her nose but nothing happened but she giggled anyway.

[quote="Arkendrai]

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:57 pm
User Image
                                                                    User Image
                                                                    ════════════════════════
                                                                    ════════════════════════

Dani will smile at Bianca, and say, "I think we'll be fine. Besides if there were really a problem they wouldn't put us in these boats on our first night, right?" Despite her assurances to contrary, Dani made a point of watching the still waters of the black lake. "Of course, this far north, I wouldn't be surprised if ol' Nessie herself put in an appearance."
                                                                    ════════════════════════
                                                                    OOC:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:01 pm
Iris Alethea Whitte~Unsorted First Year~Pure Blood

Iris looked at the boats that dotted the shore, quickly filling with students that ran the spectrum from boisterous to nauseous with nerves. Her eyes flicked over the boats, then, with an internal shrug, she approached one with space. "May I join you?" she asked politely, her eyes flicking down for a second.  

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:07 pm
User Image
                                                                    User Image
                                                                    ════════════════════════
                                                                    ════════════════════════

Dani saw another girl approach, when she asked if she could join her and Bianca, she replied,"Climb aboard, the more the merrier."
                                                                    ════════════════════════
                                                                    OOC:

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games