Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:33 pm
Everyone would.

They cost a fortune.

I also want to know how he can afford production on these Acclamators..  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:34 pm
I would like to know how he built a fresh port, and an acclamator from scratch, all in the period of several days.

At least, that's what I get out of his posts.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

elvisnake

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:35 pm
Maybe he's selling everyting Wayland has, so that once he gets his dated assault fleet, he can move on to some other planet to decimate.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:35 pm
Ya, apparently he has a production line that can build them in days.

I remember a source teling me that an ISD took up to a month to build? And that's under Imperial pressure.  

FrozenPhoenix32

elvisnake

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:25 pm
Well, that either means that he's
A.) Really good.
or
B.)Doesn't know what he's talking about.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:29 pm
Or C) has the entire staff of Fondor Shipyards working on one ship.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:04 pm
where the hell is he procuring the raw Materials to build all these ships?
and what about ammunition? Food? War materials?
who is supplying these to his forces?
Replicatorsand fabricators dont exist in star wars. Everything has to come from something.
In LoP, I had to stockpile a crap ton of raw mats before I could even think about Refurbishing a battleship, much less build one.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:27 pm
I don't think he thought about the practical aspects of this, Just that it would be 'cool' to have a fleet.  

elvisnake

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:30 pm
I usually do worry about things like that.
When someone says 'hey! WTF?! How come you get a battleship?!" or some such, its nice to be able to prove that you did earn it.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:31 pm
Frankly, I like Link's aproach to life.
How more can you stand out in Sci-Fi than by living in a fasion berift of technological benefits?  

Sol Walker
Crew

elvisnake

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:50 pm
Realisticness, especially in a fantastic setting, is always a good thing.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:09 pm
Thats called Hard science fiction.
Where they bring in huge amounts of science and such to back up their story.
Star wars is of course Soft Sci-Fi, because it plays fast and loose with advanced technology and dumps the science for a sort of psuedo fantasy feel.  

Sol Walker
Crew

elvisnake

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:13 pm
Yeah, I didn't mean realisticness as in Hard Sci-fi, I actually prefer the looser, softer SW-ish Space Fantasy. What I meant was that I prefer realisticness in situations and backgrounds in the settings I enjoy. For example, an adequate explanation as to just how someone ammassed a giant fleet from just the profits and resources of one world would be preferable than just 'because it's cool'.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:16 pm
ahh....
I getcha.  

Sol Walker
Crew

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:32 pm
elvisnake
Yeah, I didn't mean realisticness as in Hard Sci-fi, I actually prefer the looser, softer SW-ish Space Fantasy. What I meant was that I prefer realisticness in situations and backgrounds in the settings I enjoy. For example, an adequate explanation as to just how someone ammassed a giant fleet from just the profits and resources of one world would be preferable than just 'because it's cool'.

I hate it when you're reading a book and they go into like 50 pgs just about how the cloning facility works.

Who cares? It might be interesting to put in a sourcebook or something, but is it really necessary for pacing?  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games