Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:58 pm
User Image
                                                  I'm broke but I'm happy
                                                  I'm poor but I'm kind
                                                  I'm short but I'm healthy, yeah
                                                  I'm high but I'm grounded
                                                  I'm sane but I'm overwhelmed
                                                  I'm lost but I'm hopeful baby

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ || Uɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ || Hᴀʟʙʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Karen had no idea what to expect about her sorting. Mostly because she hadn't the foggiest idea how it was all going to work. In any case, she eyed the hat shrewedly before she sat down, frowning and crossing her arms. Okay hat, do your worst, she thought.

xxxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                      ◊ PRACTICAL Karen is quite pragmatic and tends to work with what she knows. She uses what she has on hand, and doesn't often go above and beyond that. She also tends to have the mentality that something has to be useful, otherwise she gets rid of it.
                                                      ◊ INTELLIGENT Karen is quite intelligent. She can solve problems easily enough, and can look for interesting ways to do things. She often likes learning new things in the area that she's devoted herself to, and often can be seen with texts of that subject at hand.
                                                      ◊ HARDWORKING Karen is hardworking. When she starts a project, she gives it her all until she's finished. She doesn't like cutting corners to save work, as she thinks that would result in bad work on her part. However, she tends to hyperfocus and miss out on a lot as a result.
                                                      ◊ STUBBORN Once she gets an idea into her head, it's hard for Karen to let it go. She tends to hold to one opinion or one viewpoint, and refuses to change her mind. She needs to have a lot of evidence for her to accept some other view or idea.
                                                      ◊ QUIET Karen doesn't talk much. She tends to blend into the background at times, and has a hard time making friends as a result. She also prefers the quiet, as often she finds she works better without distractions to divert her attention.
                                                      ◊ EFFICIENT When she wants something done right, Karen does it in the least wasteful way possible. She doesn't like wasted effort, and prefers to streamline things to work better for her. As a result, she doesn't like expending anything unless there is some gain to be had.

════════════════════════

Thinking: I hope this isn't some sort of hoax...
                                                  OOC:

-◎-

I'm free but I'm focused
                                                  I'm green but I'm wise
                                                  I'm hard but I'm friendly baby
                                                  I'm sad but I'm laughing
                                                  I'm brave but I'm chickenshit
                                                  I'm sick but I'm pretty baby

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:17 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The Sorting Hat

Diamond Wales
User Image
                                                  I'm broke but I'm happy
                                                  I'm poor but I'm kind
                                                  I'm short but I'm healthy, yeah
                                                  I'm high but I'm grounded
                                                  I'm sane but I'm overwhelmed
                                                  I'm lost but I'm hopeful baby

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ || Uɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ || Hᴀʟʙʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Karen had no idea what to expect about her sorting. Mostly because she hadn't the foggiest idea how it was all going to work. In any case, she eyed the hat shrewedly before she sat down, frowning and crossing her arms. Okay hat, do your worst, she thought.

xxxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                      ◊ PRACTICAL Karen is quite pragmatic and tends to work with what she knows. She uses what she has on hand, and doesn't often go above and beyond that. She also tends to have the mentality that something has to be useful, otherwise she gets rid of it.
                                                      ◊ INTELLIGENT Karen is quite intelligent. She can solve problems easily enough, and can look for interesting ways to do things. She often likes learning new things in the area that she's devoted herself to, and often can be seen with texts of that subject at hand.
                                                      ◊ HARDWORKING Karen is hardworking. When she starts a project, she gives it her all until she's finished. She doesn't like cutting corners to save work, as she thinks that would result in bad work on her part. However, she tends to hyperfocus and miss out on a lot as a result.
                                                      ◊ STUBBORN Once she gets an idea into her head, it's hard for Karen to let it go. She tends to hold to one opinion or one viewpoint, and refuses to change her mind. She needs to have a lot of evidence for her to accept some other view or idea.
                                                      ◊ QUIET Karen doesn't talk much. She tends to blend into the background at times, and has a hard time making friends as a result. She also prefers the quiet, as often she finds she works better without distractions to divert her attention.
                                                      ◊ EFFICIENT When she wants something done right, Karen does it in the least wasteful way possible. She doesn't like wasted effort, and prefers to streamline things to work better for her. As a result, she doesn't like expending anything unless there is some gain to be had.

════════════════════════

Thinking: I hope this isn't some sort of hoax...
                                                  OOC:

-◎-

I'm free but I'm focused
                                                  I'm green but I'm wise
                                                  I'm hard but I'm friendly baby
                                                  I'm sad but I'm laughing
                                                  I'm brave but I'm chickenshit
                                                  I'm sick but I'm pretty baby

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Well well, you're a difficult one, for sure
I'm not sure what you'd consider 'my worst',
But I'll surely have to think on this...
You could go many places, dear, but, I think...
Yes, you'll do quite well in

Slytherin!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:09 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          ιf уσυ ωєяє fαℓℓιиg, тнєи ι ωσυℓ∂ ¢αт¢н уσυ
                                                          уσυ иєє∂ α ℓιgнт, ι'∂ fιи∂ α мαт¢н
                                                          '¢αυѕє ι ℓσνє тнє ωαу уσυ ѕαу gσσ∂ мσяиιиg
                                                          αи∂ уσυ тαкє мє тнє ωαу ι αм

spaceAmata lead the first years from the antechamber into the Great Hall, approaching the stool and the hat with the group lined up behind her. She unbound the scroll, and began reading off names to start the sorting so the evening could get underway.

ι'∂ вυу уσυ яσgαιиє ωнєи уσυ ѕтαят ℓσѕιиg αℓℓ уσυя нαιя
                                                          ѕєω σи ραт¢нєѕ тσ αℓℓ уσυ тєαя
                                                          '¢αυѕє ι ℓσνє уσυ мσяє тнαи ι ¢συℓ∂ єνєя ρяσмιѕє
                                                          αи∂ уσυ тαкє мє тнє ωαу ι αм

wнere - Head of the Great Hall
                                                          wнen - Sorting Ceremony 2040
                                                          wιтн - First Years

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:18 pm
User ImageUser Image

ι can ғeel тнe nιgнт вegιnnιng, ѕeparaтe мe ғroм тнe lιvιng
                                          υnderѕтandιng мe, aғтer all ι've ѕeen
                                          pιecιng every тнoυgнт тogeтнer, ғιnd тнe wordѕ тo мaĸe мe вeттer
                                          ιғ ι only ĸnew нow тo pυll мyѕelғ aparт

spaceByron waited patiently for the professor to call out his name for his sorting. Blair would go first, of course, since his name was first alphabetically. The thought struck Byron as odd, since he was the eldest, and had always been first before his brother. Even when it seemed as though he might not have magic, when their parents had begun focusing more on the younger Lockwood twin, they'd never completely left Byron behind, still waiting for their eldest to prove himself a worthy heir. And he had, of course, because he was a Lockwood, after all. But it'd certainly been odd to see the change in dynamic... and in his brother.

spaceHe expected them to be in the same house, of course. They were different, but not that different. Certainly not different enough to warrant being in different houses, he thought. And it would certainly be either Ravenclaw or Slytherin for them both, though he was leaning towards Ravenclaw. It was tradition, after all. When his own name was called, he was pulled from his thoughts, sparing a glance towards his brother to see where he was headed (how had he missed Blair's sorting? He needed to focus better) before walking towards the stool himself.

spaceThe hat was settled on his head, and Byron bit back his natural urge to wrinkle his nose at its condition. The hat was a sacred object, ratty and old as it might be. At least it didn't smell odd, he supposed. He still was going to give his hair a very thorough washing tonight, if he could manage it anyway. Sighing, he waited for the hat to make its decision, trusting that it wouldn't throw him for a loop and place him anywhere unexpected. He knew well enough that he wasn't Hufflepuff or Gryffindor material.

ι вelιeve тнaт dreaмѕ are ѕacred, тaĸe мy darĸeѕт ғearѕ
                                          and play тнeм lιĸe a lυllaвy, lιĸe a reaѕon wнy
                                          lιĸe a play oғ мy oвѕeѕѕιonѕ, мaĸe мe υnderѕтand тнe leѕѕon
                                          ѕo ι'll ғιnd мyѕelғ, ѕo ι won'т вe loѕт agaιn

wнere - Head of the Great Hall
                                          wнen - Sorting Ceremony 2040
                                          wιтн - The Sorting Hat
                                          - ooc -
                                          Personality under spoiler

ENTITLED
                                          xxx»» Being the firstborn son of an old and wealthy family, Byron is quite accustomed to getting his way pretty much all of the time. He dislikes being questioned or denied, and is never entirely sure how to respond to either situation. He thinks quite highly of himself, and as such looks down on most other people. He's always polite, of course, but only on the surface; it's quite easy to see through the veneer of manners.

SOPHISTICATED
                                          xxx»» Byron is exceptionally well-mannered, at least on the surface, and very well educated on matters deemed important by high society. He's well-versed in art and music, and carries himself with more poise than most adults, much less eleven year old boys. He's not actually quite sure how to 'relax', and finds it very difficult to engage with people on a casual level.

VINDICTIVE
                                          xxx»» Byron is quiet petty, and doesn't take well to being slighted. He tends to view life as a series of exchanges, and when he feels he's been wronged, it's only fair that he get to return the favor. He tends to prefer small scale revenges, being that he's less likely to get caught. His idea of the perfect revenge is causing several small disturbances to someone's day, in such a way that they have no clue he's behind it, or that anyone is. If he can make someone feel as though they've simply had the worst possible luck for an extended period, he's satisfied.

ASTUTE
                                          xxx»» He's a very clever child, quick to observe and to piece together puzzles from what he sees. He loves to read and absorbs information readily, having an excellent memory. He's good at solving riddles and loves to challenge himself mentally. He grows bored easily if he isn't being challenged properly, and tends to devise little tests for himself to keep his mind sharp.

CURIOUS
                                          xxx»» Byron can never quite leave well enough alone. His entitlement combined with his love of learning leads him to poke his nose into all manner of things he probably shouldn't. Once something has his curiosity, he's set on puzzling it out. It's rare that such an instance results in him losing interest. More often than not, he sees it through to the end, regardless of the consequences. He would much rather have all the information he sought and suffer a little for the victory than to let something go.

CREATIVE
                                          xxx»» While he might not seem it, Byron has a fairly active imagination. He's excellent with words and likes to dabble in poetry, not that he'd ever admit as much to anyone. He also enjoys art, finding particular interest in mediums such as charcoal, much to his father's chagrin. He tends to create quite the mess when he's left to his own devices, spending hours generating dust to try and get something just right. He's very skilled, and rarely draws from life. Rather, his pieces are fantastical depictions of things he dreams up all on his own, seemingly at odds with his outwardly haughty temperament.

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:24 pm
User Image
xCian Quinlan xxxx Unsorted xxxx First Year

You hear the door slam
                                                          And realize there's nowhere left to run
                                                          You feel the cold hand
                                                          And wonder if you'll ever see the sun
                                                          You close your eyes

Cian to be honest was totally digging this magic thing. Sure he was confused why things like magic elevators or escalators weren't at a cool magic school but he figured they has reasons; perhaps this was like P.E. class at his old school. The hike up from the boathouse and upstairs was not as fun as the boat ride itself. Gee he was going to need some food soon he ate too early in the train ride and now he was starving.

Walking into the great hall Cian was in awe. Dude the celing! That be sweet if he could do that with his bedroom. Would it make everyone wet if it rained or snowed though? There was likely a way it didnt but he have to hold that thought as the group stopped. He looked around people to see a very old hat. Eww how may heads has that thing been on!? He hoped wasnt going to get magic lice or something. He watched as the first person went and was pleasantly suprised to see it talked. Whoa wait was it like a magic mind reading hat? Oh forget the ceiling he liked this hat! He watch as it would talk then shout a silly or cool sounding name. Which one would he be in? Well he was soon to find out.

"Cian Quinlan" He heard as his name was called. Well showtime.... He carefully walked up to the stool and sat down under where the hat was being held up over him. The hat was set on him and it almost covered his eyes. 'Ok cool magic hat, which of these house things can hande me? I always told I'm a handful!' He thought. Hey if it could read his mind give it something to read right?

RESOURCEFUL Cian knows what he needs to do to stay out of trouble. Sometimes it's talking to the right person, sometimes it’s staying silent and letting another take the fall and making it up to them later. He prefers to avoid the later if at all possible.
                                                                            SELF-PRESERVING Cian will likely choose to save his own skin if he is forced to choose. Is it a crime to want to be safe and secure? He’d rather convince someone else to do the dangerous stuff. He will still help out just not at the expense of his safety.
                                                                            COMPASSIONATE Despite his preference to save his own hide, Cian does care. He is likely to try and comfort someone who is crying or hurt. While he hates to see people hurt he still looks out for himself. He won't necessarily put himself in danger for others but afterwards he help them feel better, even if he was the cause of their anguish. He would feel guilty otherwise
                                                                            AMBITIOUS Cian wants to be the best. Well, he at least wants to make it big and be successful. He wants to be the best in his class.
                                                                            SUPPORTIVE Cian is a good friend; he will have your back and may even take some heat for you if he knows you would do the same for him later on. Got a plan? Cian will back you up and help it become a reality.
                                                                            SNARKY Cian can sometimes be a creature of sarcasm. He does it for the fun of it; this oftens leads to friendships that sound like he is mean but in fact he is nice. However, he's not cynical by any means, he just thinks it funny.

And hope that this is just imagination
                                                                            Girl but all the while
                                                                            You hear a creature creeping up behind
                                                                            You're out of time

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:37 pm
Aurora Violet Devereux
First Year Unsorted
Little Dancer

Location : The Black Lake → Great Hall

Aurora skipped all the way to the antechamber. It was there she found her cousin Quinn. She was quick to complain about his invisibility all throughout the day. However, she brushed that feeling off when the deputy headmistress talked about the houses. Aurora hoped she was different like her brother. Maybe not Gryffindor different but different enough from the rest of her family. Not that she had anything against Slytherin. She would be happy with any of the houses.

Walking into the great hall, Aurora looked around curiously. It wasn’t until her name was called that the young girl took a breath and walked up to the stool. Taking a seat, she folded her hands in wait. “Okay mister sorting hat please let me know where it is I fit.” She asked it. ‘I know you know where’s best.’ She added her feet swaying as she waited for a response.

With : First years

Attire : Out of the norm...

OOC : - - -

xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                      ■ ARTISTIC I have a natural talent of the performing arts. My favourite is dance. I love it! I’ve been dancing ever since I could walk. If I couldn’t dance life wouldn’t be near as fun. I also play lots of instruments. I started on the piano and violin. I didn’t start learning the flute until I was eight. It took some time for me to make a sound but I picked it up quick enough for my liking. As for acting, I’ve never tried but I imagine I’d be pretty good at it.
                                                      ■ BUBBLY I’m a very happy person. Not to mention very outgoing. I love to socialize. I’m a social butterfly and it shows because I’m always happy to be around others. Bright and cheery most days, unless something is bothering me of course, it tends to show. I tend to be very lively always bouncing around and being very dynamic. It’s all my energy from dance I swear.
                                                      ■ DECEPTIVE Despite my bubbly personality, you might not get the real me. Why? I tend to act how other people do. Instead of being myself, I play the role others want me to play. I refuse to not fit in. My default in most cases is copying my mother’s behaviour. I do that by playing the role of what my brother calls a ditzy airhead. I don’t like being blamed or caught for things I’ve done wrong. I hate making a bad impression. Even though it’s wrong, I trying to play the innocent or even the victim to stay out of trouble. You can’t blame someone who is blissfully unaware, right? I wish my brother believed that sometimes…
                                                      ■ POLITE I may be a bit misleading or at times deceptive but I’m quite nice. I fact I’m very polite. My parents taught me to be a young lady. How to act and look at all times. My mother says I’m extremely well-mannered for my age. I take pride in that. It helps my whole persona I think. I say please and thank you and I can stand up straight and even curtsy. I respect those older than me, even my brother who gives me a hard time and my cousin Julius I don’t see eye to eye with. Course if you don’t give respect like my cousin Caleb I’m not about to give it back. Bullies don’t deserve such things. Though, I’ll still be polite.
                                                      ■ FORGIVING Oh, I’m also a forgiving person. I forgive and forget, like its water under a bridge. Mistakes are very fleeting to me. Moving on is always best. Thus I’m not the type to hold a grudge against someone. Sure I’ll be mad but that doesn’t mean I have to stay mad. Besides, sometimes people do things they don’t mean to do and you shouldn’t stay mad at them.

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:51 pm
Quentin "Quinn" Devereux
First Year Unsorted
Youngest Son

Quentin was rather content after the boat ride. He was even better when his cousin found him. She of course reminded him that hiding wasn’t a nice thing to do. Granted he hadn’t been exactly hiding. Quinn knew all about the houses so when it came time to listen to the deputy headmistress, he listened politely at least. He began to wonder where he’d end up. Entering the great hall, the blue haired boy watched his cousin as her name was called. It would be his turn shortly. Iso had already been sorted.

Time seemed to freeze from the moment he heard Aurora’s house to the time he heard his own name called. Quentin walked up to the stool. Turning to take a seat he found himself glancing at the Slytherin table, to his brothers… to the house his family was sorted into. Suddenly Quinn found himself feeling like he didn’t belong there. ‘People say you can read deep thoughts really well. I just want to say that if you don’t think I’m like the rest of my family that’s okay. I’m sure my parents won’t mind.’ He thought in a small silent prayer. ‘Oh… and if I could be around others that don’t think I’m abnormal that would be great.’ He added. Deep down he hoped to be with people that didn’t think art was pointless and talking was a waste of time. His brothers never really appreciated any of it. Aurora did though.

With : First Years

Attire : First Impressions

■ ARTISTIC I’m a very artistic type. The best in my family. Anything with a paint brush is my thing. I love to paint. I see things differently given my active imagination. I don’t have the talent to be a writer but I like to create things. Paintings tell stories as do other forms of art. Art helps me relax and be calm. When I’m happy or sad I just paint. If I couldn’t do it life would be very depressing. I once painted on my walls and mother wasn’t thrilled. She took away my stuff for a week… it was a horrible week.
                                                      ■ INQUISITIVE I always find myself getting into things wanting to know as much as possible. You could say I don’t believe in boundaries. I tend to pry into other peoples’ personal business. I don’t mean anything bad by it I just want to know things. When I have a question, I need to know the answer be it personal or not. I could probably work on that, but I can’t help but be curious.
                                                      ■ FRIENDLY As such I’m super outgoing. I like helping others and love making friends. The more the merrier. I’m a very friendly person. Sure, I may bug a few people with my need to know but I still love people. It’s nice to socialize. It’s far better then being lonely. I like the social interaction. I’m certainly not one to listen to the sound of my own voice. I have a warm temperament with people. My cousin Aurora says I’m a very kind person far kinder then the rest of my family. I think she might be right with that.
                                                      ■ DELICATE Being a sensitive person I take things harder then most. The tiniest comment can hurt my feelings leaving me depressed for a decent length of time. Since I’m easily hurt by other people’s words and actions, I’m very careful about my own. I watch what I say to others and treat them the way I want to be treated. I also don’t do well with confrontation. Though I’m subjected to it quite a bit by my brother Caleb. Still doesn’t mean I have to like it.
                                                      ■ DEVIOUS When confrontation does happen I tend to play the victim. Most times it really isn’t an act. If I do start anything myself, I usually play the good boy act. I only tend to do things I shouldn’t when my sister is involved. Though, I don’t like to own up to it. I tend to work in the background when I’m planning something. Being crafty and skillful to achieve what I want. Though I try not to hurt others while doing so. None of my goals are set to harm others at least not intentionally.
                                                      ■ RESENTFUL After my sister Monique was born, I felt a resentment towards my mother. She pushed me away. Just because she's a girl and I'm not. I wish I could make her change the way she treats me now. It's so unfair. Sometimes I visualize ways to fix things I don't like but I'd probably never go through any of them. Some thoughts aren't very nice sometimes. At least they’re just thoughts, right?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:02 pm
                                          ╔══════════════════════╗
                                          Philip Quimby-Winthrop
                                          Eleven Years Old - First Year - Unsorted - Adopted
                                          ╚══════════════════════╝

Philip's name was called, and it took him a second to realize what to do next. The boy walked up the stairs and sat in front of the hat, hoping he'd be put in the same house as the two friends he made at the platform; Iso and Quinn. He didn't need any new friends. The two he made were plentiful and they'd do just fine.

RECLUSIVE Philip is usually very quiet when meeting someone new. He prefers for them to do the talking and for him to just listen. He also tends to prefer to be alone than spend time with others because he doesn't like getting close to someone and then having to say goodbye. In fact, he spent the majority of his childhood playing with his imaginary Puck instead of humans.
                                          APPREHENSIVE This is especially true for when Phil is meeting a new foster family. In the past, he's been told he'd get to stay with a family for a very, very long time, but sooner or later, he'd always end up with a different family. Bouncing around from family to family made him anxious about suddenly having to pack up and leave again.
                                          MESSY Phil's bedroom looks like a tornado hit it. Toys and books and games and clothes are thrown all over the place. Once he is told to clean, he does so; however, within twenty four hours, all of his belongings are all over the place once again.
                                          EASY GOING Philip got very accustomed to going with the flow. This is why he doesn't get upset whenever plans change and his whole future, or at least the way he'd imagined it, changes.
                                          EVEN TEMPERED Phil does not get angry or annoyed very easily. There are only certain things that piss him off or kill his mood. Any other time, he is usually neither happy or excited, nor grumpy.
                                          POLITE Philip knows his manners. He says "please" and "thank you" when asking for something, pushes his chair in after standing up, and never physically hits anybody.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

❄❄ Gonna change the world with my hockey stick
                                          Gonna make a real difference; feed the poor and heal the sick

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:05 pm
Griffin Bran Fearon
Unsorted First Year
Half Blood Comic Collector

Location : The Black Lake → Great Hall

Griffin managed to give Manon his name before the boats took off across the lake. The ride wasn’t all that bad and before long they were at the castle. The pounding in his chest didn’t seem to let up as he listed to the instructions given by the adults present. The houses were enough for him to get. He learned enough of that from reading and his father. His father was a Slytherin. It was all he could think about as they walked into the great hall.

It wasn’t long before Griffin was sitting before the entire school. His only thought was the same it had always been. ‘I don’t want to be my father.’ That would never change. ‘Please don’t put me on the path to be like him.’ He thought. Though the house wouldn’t make him so, he didn’t want to be reminded of him. He only hoped the sorting hat understood.

Status : Feeling Free but Nervous
                                                  Company : Manon & Other First Years

Attire : Unsorted

■ ASTUTE I’ve spent my life with parents who didn’t really want me. As such I got really good at watching and learning. I notice changes with those around me. From my mother’s fear of what I could do, or my father’s desire for more then what he had. I pick up on things, learn from them, and hopeful learn what to do. It helps that I have a sharp mind and quick wit about me sometimes.
                                                      ■ RESOURCEFUL Being left to my own devices I became rather creative or inventive. Not only do I read a lot, but I also spend a lot of time creating things. With nothing better to do I needed to fill my time with something productive. While some of my ideas never worked out, some have. I’m actually pretty good at coming up with quick and clever ways when in a tricky situation. My dad at times came be particularly tricky.
                                                      ■ PRIVATE Now it’s not that I don’t like to share my thoughts or my feelings with others necessarily. Although I’m not always a fan of sharing my feelings. It’s that I don’t like talking about my personal or rather my family life. People don’t need to know that I have a mother who sent me away and a father who couldn’t be bothered with me. It’s all very complicated and I’m not one to get into it.
                                                      ■ SELFLESS My mum always said I’m a helpful person. I don’t know if I’d go so far as to believe her words though. When given the chance to I’m willing to go out of my way to give others a helping hand. That much is true. I’m even willing to put others before myself but only if they deserve it. I certainly won’t be putting someone ahead of myself if they were mistreating myself or others. If someone doesn’t wish to help others why should others help them?
                                                      ■ ADAMANT If you haven’t picked up on it, I’m a tad stubborn. Once I set my mind to something I’m not the type to change it. So, if I want to accomplish something no way is someone going to get me to stop trying. No matter the task or how impossible it seems. I’m not saying I can’t be talked out of things, but I can be rather determined from time to time.
                                                      ■ ALERT I’m alert if not a bit wary about potential dangers and/or difficult circumstances. At times I feel like something unsettling might happen but I’m rarely accurate. Perhaps I’m a tad paranoid when you really stop to think about it. However, I don’t dwell on the bad or I don’t try too. Though at least we can say I’m observant of my surroundings. Not much gets past me.
                                                      ■ PRUDENT With that said, I’m always thinking of the future. All actions influence what happens in the world. I would like to make decisions that will be helpful for the future. If I’m not looking ahead at the possible consequences of my actions I could turn around and make the wrong decision. Like my parents have done. They never thought about what would happen to anyone, not even themselves. Maybe if they were looking to the future they would see I’m miserable with the way things are.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:30 pm
User Image
unsorted • first year • pureblood

-----------------------------------------A N I Y A HxxxS P E N C E
              ------▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

It was the moment of truth. Aniyah sat in front of the room, all eyes on her as she peered up at the hat while it did its job. Aurora had gone before her though Annie had paid little attention to where exactly she had been placed. She was much too busy wondering which of the four houses she would be placed in to notice that she had gone up before her. "Not exactly the fashion accessory I was hoping to present to the school." She said to herself, leaning back and forth as the hat pondered where to put her. She would look back at all the sets of eyes staring her way and await her judgement.

RESILIENT
                          Growing up as the youngest sibling of three brothers makes little room for signs of weakness. Aniyah has suffered her fair share of scrapes and bruises, not afraid of getting her hands dirty or worn from whatever she wants to do. Once she sets her mind to something, she's in it until the job is done.

CARING
                          The fact that Aniyah hates to admit, believing it it makes you incredibly vulnerable to admit so. She cares deeply for the well being of her friends and acquaintances, even if they haven't done anything to directly benefit her. While in this state of mind, she becomes very attached, often refusing to leave her friend's side unless she's absolutely sure that they'll be able to get by on their own.

BRAVE
                          Not one to back down from a dare or challenge, Aniyah tends to see every obstacle blocking her path as another way to grow. She'll happily put her nose to the grindstone for a while and deal with whatever needs to be dealt with. She can be known to over do it, and go looking for something to waste some time if bored or has nothing else really going on in her life.

ENCOURAGING
                          Somebody's gotta have your back, but that doesn't mean they can take care of you always. Not wanting others to go through whatever hard times she's gone through herself, Annie is very helpful and wants to see her friends or classmates succeed more so over herself. She enjoys watching people learn from themselves and others, eventually doing whatever gave them trouble in the first place on their own. While she can push them too hard sometimes, the redhead only wants them to be as strong as her.

SARCASTIC
                          While not one to always joke around, Aniyah's sense of humor can be a tad honest for most people's sake. She picks up her sarcasm from her older brother, and wields it with just as much skill as he can.

HOTHEADED
                          Matching her fiery hair color, Aniyah has a bit of a short fuse when it comes to controlling her anger. Even joking around, she can sometimes become upset when somebody jokes about an area she's particularly sore about. One sure way to get under her skin is to make a ginger joke, which may or may result in a crude remark or fistfight.

Quote:

MashaRum

Newbie Bunny

850 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:52 am
❁ Mary Fidelma Conri-Dechering ❁ xxxxx
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx <1st Year> <"American Girl" and Georgia Peach>
Time: 2040-2041
Looking: All American
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Mary had traveled from the boats to the castle and to the Great Hall considerably quieter than she had been earlier. Her excitement quieting to awe. This is where she and her brother's parents met. Where they were likely conceived as well. They were Hogwarts children through and through and the place was magical. Mary gasped looking up at the ceiling and then grinned when she saw the magical hat that would determine her fate. Oh how she wanted to be a Gryffindor like her Dad! He would be so proud of her she was sure.

Soon her name was called and she walked to the stool with her head held high and a confident smile. Taking a seat she closed her eyes waiting for the hat to spark to life again and whispered, "Please put me in Gryffindor, Mr. Hat. I want to be in the same house my Dad was. Please Gryffindor... I... I think it would make him really happy if I was sorted there." She knew her brother was likely not a Gryffindor candidate as he and their father were so different and a bit at odds, so it was her duty to follow their Dad's footsteps right? Oh she hoped the hat listened to her plea!

SOCIABLE
                                                              Despite being home schooled by her grandmother she was always very sociable and involved in events at the local church that her grandmother raised her and her brother in.
                                                              OPTIMISTIC
                                                              Mary always believes in the best in others. Even when wronged she has trouble holding grudges or disliking others. Mary likes to see the glass as half full instead of half empty.
                                                              ADVENTUROUS
                                                              Being an optimist, Mary sees adventures in all she does and enjoys new things and experiences.
                                                              KIND
                                                              Mary believes in kindness not only to her peers and superiors but to those below her. She will spare a moment to help others without expecting anything in turn. Her philosophy is that helping one another is basic human decency.
                                                              BUBBLY
                                                              Mary is not only sociable she is easily excitable and finds joy in life. She loves to bring life and energy into a room. She enjoys finding cheer in even the littlest things in life.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
                                                              Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:05 am
✠ Quinn Ezekiel Conri-Dechering ✠ xxxxx
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx <1st Year>
Time: 2040-2041
Looking: Nervous/Worried
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Quinn did not know if he should be worried about his sister and her newfound quietness or thankful for it. It allowed Quinn to study their surroundings as well. Hogwarts may not have been magical to Quinn as this romantic place that their parents met like it was for Mary, but it was still rightly magical in its own way. The castle loomed over them and Quinn couldn't help but admire it. There was practically nothing even close to the architecture of the ancient castle and with the magical elements like the ceiling, Quinn was in awe as well.

He was finally catching some of Mary's excitement about the sorting, but he was worried too. Not for his sake did he worry but Mary's. Mary's heart was set on one thing: making their Dad proud by being a Gryffindor. Quinn was sure that it would be a disappointment for Mary tonight (maybe) and definitely in the future. Their parents, dear ol' Dad included, were better off to be seen as an aunt or uncle that lived far away than their parents. Their grandma raised them, and for that Quinn felt it was rude to her almost to cling to the hopes of being reunited all together the four of them as a happy family.

Quinn's worry about his sister calmed his nerves and at least his hair didn't keep turning orange. Instead a hint of yellow, turning his hair a shade or two lighter than his usual darker brown, was there and his eyes were a yellow-brown at the moment as he watched his sister and her sorting. Yet before he could process the results his name was being called. He knew that the likelihood of him being sorted in the same house was slim as they were in many ways opposites so he vowed to meet with his sister at Breakfast before class the next day since he was sure they didn't have time to catch up at the feast. Hopefully and likely, Mary would be busy meeting new friends.

Taking a seat Quinn let the hat be placed on his head and he tried to clear his mind as he closed his eyes waiting for the hat's decision. Unlike his sister, he was sure he would be happy wherever he was sorted though he preferred somewhere not as loud as Gryffindor seemed to be.

OBSERVANT
                                                      Unlike his sister, Quinn does not suffer from "rose-colored glasses syndrome." He sees the world as it really is and tends to notice the feelings of others around him more, especially when someone is trying to hide or hold back their feelings.
                                                      INTELLIGENT
                                                      Despite his parents (many) faults, they were not dumb. In fact they were professors at Hogwarts once upon a time. Quinn did inherit his parents' intelligence and wits. Quinn has always been the top of his class (though he was homeschooled so he argues he only had one person to compete with). Adults tend to remark on his brilliance though after he warms up enough to talk with them.
                                                      ANXIOUS/SHY
                                                      Quinn is unlike his sister and is not able to easily befriend strangers. In fact new people often make him nervous which still (to his dismay) causes him to turn slightly orange when nervous.
                                                      WRY SENSE OF HUMOR
                                                      Even at a young age Quinn has developed a rather wry sense of humor, especially compared to children of his own age. He is sure that it has to do with coping with his parents' craziness.
                                                      QUIET
                                                      Quinn never particularly liked loud games or even raised voices finding both to cause him to be a bit nervous. He does not seek to be the center of attention and is happier being an observer of the world around him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
                                                      Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:08 am
THOMAS MCGREGOR________
EDRIC_NOTT ______
Unsorted First Year ____
════════════════════
__

Edric had a while to wait. He fidgeted with the clasps on his robe, then the inky black hem which would soon be enchanted with the colors of his house. Logically, he knew he ought to want Slytherin. It's what his mother and father would have wanted. But, did he really belong there? He didn't think so. More than anything, he wished for Ravenclaw. It was a decent house, right? How disappointed could his mother be? And besides, his siblings were in Ravenclaw. He wanted to be with them, even if he wasn't the most brilliant boy out there. Not every eagle could be a prodigy genius, that would just be silly. The moment his name was called, he nearly missed it. Half of him was expecting “Thomas McGregor” to be called, not an “Edric Nott”. The headmistress was about to repeat herself until it dawned on him. 's**t, that's me, innit?' Then scampered up to the stool. 'Just put me somewhere I can be happy, tha's all I want, really.

■ CONFLICTED; The devil and angel like to call his shoulders home; there's always one part of him that will want to do the opposite of whatever he's done. Choosing the good path leads envy to the bad. The bad path brings heavy guilt from the good. He had been so sure of himself, once, but now every choice is filled with doubt.
■ HYPERSENSITIVE; The trauma of losing a family, twice, had an effect on Edric. He doesn't like to be reminded that his brothers aren't his brothers anymore. Reminders of his past life are emotional for him, good or bad. He reacts harshly, quickly, and with little regard for consequences. He's emotionally uneasy and not well equipped or mature enough to handle it.
■ PLAYFUL; Despite everything, maybe even because of everything, he tries to have fun in the rare moments when he can. If he can filch his uncle's broom for an unsupervised flight, he will, or throw himself into games as an escape from reality.
■ CAUTIOUS; It's not that he believes people are bad, or that they're all liars, but he does wonder who, of them all, might hurt him. He's guarded and jumpy. Nor very willing to put himself in harms way. Empty parking lots comes with horror music, and losing the sight of a guardian unleashes bullets of sweat. He's paranoid something will happen to him again.
■ IMAGINATIVE; Throughout it all, whether as Edric or Tommy or Edric again, his sense of imagination and wonder never wavered. He spends his nights daydreaming of impossibilities, and wastes his free time world-building fantasies instead of studying. He's also easily distracted, impulsive, and has a short attention span.
■ STUBBORN; Edric wants to feel like he has some control in his life, even if that control simply means saying "no." He doesn't like to be pushed if he's not ready. He doesn't change his mind easily.

╔═════════════════════════╗
【WHEN:: Fall of 2040
【WHERE:: The Sorting
【WITH WHO:: first years, the hat, and Harlowe
╚═════════════════════════╝

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:22 am

ISOLDE BLODWEN _____.___
Unsorted, First Year _____._____
════════════════════════
_______

Isolde could hardly contain her excitement. She bounced on the tip of her toes to catch a better glimpse of the four long tables and all of the different faces hidden among them. Somewhere, her sister sat in green. Maybe scowling, or more likely, not even paying attention. Which summed up her feelings for her sister's house in two brilliant words: hell no. Honestly, she'd rather the hat declare her a squib in front of the whole school then be subjected to her sister's ego for the next four bloody years. If she could make Gryffindor, even bloody better. Her name was one of the first to be called to the stool. She lurched from the crowd, nearly tripped, rolled her ankle, then bounced the rest of the way. 'Alrigh hat, my entire future rests on your bloody brim, please don't muck it up.'

■ COMPASSIONATE; Feelings of guilt, pity, and heartache have become quite normal for this child. She cares about every living creature and growing plant, and it hurts to see the world around her in pain. She's giving, eager to lend a hand, and always willing to share with people less fortunate.
■ SARCASTIC; Caring so much isn't easy in her family, they look down upon it and only offer snide comments. Isolde has to actively fight against herself. So she gets snippy, tries to push people away, and is starting to build a wall to guard her emotions.
■ BITTER; The world isn't fair and she rather wished it were. There's always a tragedy on the radio or in the newspapers; homeless are on the streets; children are apparently starving in Africa; but she has everything and more. And if that weren't enough, her family is always chastising and reprimanding her for wanting to be just and good.
■ CONSCIENTIOUS; Isolde is a just and fair child. She takes great care in always being equal. She works hard at everything she does, even if it's not typically what she should be doing. Isolde has a heavy conscience, white lies and fibbing is one thing, but she'd never try to hurt or steal from anyone.
■ BOLD; Her mother had always taught her to be herself. (Unfortunately that seemed to backfire on her.) Isolde stays true to her nature; she's kind but rebellious, and takes no shite from anyone. If she sees trouble, she's going to call it out for what it is. Especially if she sees someone being bullied.
■ INTROSPECTIVE; Isolde spends a lot of time in her head with her thoughts and moods. She enjoys alone time. When faced with a problem, she'll try to look at every angle and possibility before making a decision (even if that decision might not be the best.)

════════════════════
WHEN:: Fall of 2040
WHERE:: The Sorting
WITH WHO:: first years

════════════════════

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:43 am

( PurebloodUnsorted First YearHarp Player ) xx

I ғeel yoυ ιɴ тнeѕe wαllѕ
                                                        Yoυ're α cold αιr creepιɴɢ ιɴ, cнιll мe тo мy вoɴeѕ αɴd ѕĸιɴ
                                                        I нeαrd yoυ dowɴ тнe нαll вυт ιт'ѕ vαcαɴт wнeɴ I'м looĸιɴɢ ιɴ.
                                                        Oн, wнo leт yoυ ιɴ? Yoυ wαlĸ αroυɴd lιĸe yoυ owɴ тнe plαce
                                                        Bυт yoυ ɴever ѕαy αɴyтнιɴɢ. I cαυɢнт yoυ wαlĸιɴɢ ѕтrαιɢнт тнroυɢн мy wαllѕ
                                                        Gυeѕѕ ιт wαѕ αll мy ғαυlт, I тнιɴĸ I leт yoυ ιɴ

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Mera had never felt this feeling of being awestruck before, as she looked around the place with her green eyes sparkling with positive excitement. It felt so positive that she felt like for once, she didn't have to hold her emotions back as the the good overwhelmed her usually jaded thoughts. This was the school her parents met, especially in Hufflepuff. This was probably the school her Uncle Lazuli found happiness and ambition, especially when this was the school he met Aunt Georgia. Even if she barely knew her aside from the pictures Lazuli kept in the shop's work station.

The moment the hat called her by her full name, Mera put up a face and walked with her chin up, trying to look like she was ready for this. As she took a seat on the stool, she immediately saw her cousin for afar- most likely wanting to see where she'll end up to as well as giving her a thumbs up to assure her that it will be alright. She was honestly nervous and scared, most likely of surprises. Mera never liked surprises because it made her fidget more, no matter how she fought her emotions to keep her cool. She bloody worked hard for it, and she would rather look like a sociopath than someone who looked helpless and subject to pity.

Suddenly Mera felt uncomfortable when the mind-reading hat was on her head, knowing that it could see any thought and secret that was in her mind- including how she was covertly scared underneath her stoic expression. This was just invasion of privacy honestly. But she gritted her teeth and decided to suck it up. Logically, she wanted to be in Gryffindor to prove that she was not to be pitied, but on the other hand... Mera wanted to be in a house where she will feel happy. Time is gold, better cherish it while it last.

SKITTISHEsmeralda was understandably fearful to anything that bumps. Sudden noise, fights, conflict- she would jump at those kinds of things with her heart on her throat. She gets petrified when someone shouts at her, more so if they tried to do something bad at her or anyone she's close to. This often clashes when Esmeralda was trying to be stoic, as she cannot help but wait for the shoe to drop in the library yet want to keep herself together to prevent herself from looking fragile.

SOFT-SPOKENEsmeralda is quiet not because she's timid or shy, she just doesn't feel like it. One of her default traits since birth, she struggles to keep up with people with either loud mouths or poor hearing. If she could get something that could actually amplify her voice in a "typically accepted" volume without the need to stress her voice, Esmeralda would. However, having to speak louder is a lot of work for her, and so it annoys her if people told her to repeat everything she has to say. And thus, she doesn't really like loud-mouths, people who love the sound of their voices, or people who just like wasting their voices. The only time she has ever raised her voice was when she was angry or had enough with your obnoxiousness that she felt the need to snap.

STOICNot wanting to be pitied in a constant basis, Esmeralda learned to control her emotions and enduring many things with a straight face. She likes to think that she can handle anything, and so she does her best to not shed a tear and be beaten down by any circumstances. However, this made her look apathetic and aloof, but better look like that than looking useless. Fortunately, this practice gives her the ability to keep a level head and not letting her emotions cloud her judgement. But if she does reach the breaking point, Esmeralda wouldn't know how to handle her own tide of emotion once it got released.

BRAVEWhile Esmeralda would be lying to say that she isn't afraid of many things, she still does her best to endure it and go through it. She still has a lot of fears and would still be frozen at first, but she chose to move forward than dwelling in one place. And so, she always expects that the worst will barge in her door anytime, making her have a jaded worldview. And as much as she could empathize with unfortunate people, that doesn't mean that she will tolerate those who let tragedy consume them into a self-pitying mess. As a result, she pretty much looks down on those who are weak-willed and meek.

EMPATHETICEsmeralda doesn't see the point of dismissing people's struggles and thinking that she had it worse. Seeing her family struggle just like her, she came to the understanding that it's best to help them rather than competing over who has the most problems of them all. And so, she empathizes with them and would help them with the best of her ability. However, one should not play the 'Pain Olympics' within her earshot, as she would be angry at anyone who says that they're the most miserable person and thus let the earth swallow them.

RESOLVEDEsmeralda isn't the type to let the world make situations for her, instead she wants to be the one who gets to control her future. She plans and looks ahead, and strives to work hard for something to get what she wants as if there's a time limit. She after all values the concept of time and just doesn't like to waste it on doing nothing. This was because she felt that there will something out there who will try to stop her from getting to her goal, let alone a good life, so the fairest thing to do was to plan ahead. This makes her feel impatient and doesn't like people making her wait without anything to keep her occupied.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Never тнoυɢнт тнαт I woυld ғeel lιĸe тнιѕ
                                                        Sυcн α мeѕѕ wнeɴ I'м ιɴ yoυr preѕeɴce
                                                        I’ve нαd eɴoυɢн, тнιɴĸ yoυ've вeeɴ мαĸιɴɢ мe ѕιcĸ
                                                        Goттα ɢeт yoυ oυт oғ мy ѕyѕтeм, yeαн
                                                        Iт'ѕ мy нoυѕe! I тнιɴĸ ιт'ѕ тιмe тo ɢeт oυт
                                                        Iт'ѕ мy ѕoυl; Iт ιѕɴ'т yoυrѕ αɴyмore!
                                                        yeαн, I тнιɴĸ ιт'ѕ тιмe тo ɢeт oυт

xxxoυт oғ cнαrαcтerxxx
                                                        ((ooc))

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                        wнeɴ - Fall 2040xx
                                                        wнere - Great Hallxxxx
                                                        wιтн - Sorting Hat
                                                        xxxxxx

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games