Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Black Lake Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kasjafod98834sd

Ruthless Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:13 pm

Bianca Tristaine
Unsorted
User Image

"Of course, we still have room for one more after you." Bianca smiled as another girl joined the group. It was going to be way different for her. "I've never seen this many girls before. I only have brothers." She admitted. Bianca wasn't very lady like, even though her mother would have loved to have a proper little lady for a daughter. Apparently, her mother had been brought up as a debutant practically. Her eyes looked at the dark water and back at the other girls. "So, are you girls excited? Do you have any preference on classes? What are you most excited to learn about?" Bianca's personality was really shining through at the moment and her stomach felt like it was full of butterflies.

✗-✗-✗-✗-✗-✗-✗-✗-✗-✗

Where:
With: -
OOC:

User Image
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:15 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Iris Alethea Whitte~Unsorted First Year~Pure Blood

"Thank you," Iris said, climbing on board and settling her robes around her feet. "I'm Iris Whitte, pleasure to meet you," she introduced herself in a soft voice.

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:35 pm

x
x
x
x

x
                                    ████████████████xxxxx███████

First Year | | Eleven | | Unsorted | | Single | | Metamorphmagus

Ariana's eyebrows furrowed, "Just for being blonde?" She asked. Never had Ariana heard of anyone being picked on because they had a certain colour hair. Ariana looked up at the glowing castle across the lake. "I don't think it'll be like that here," Ariana nodded, then looked back to Celaena. "I know that not everyone has my ability, but everyone at this school is magical... I don't think I'll be bullied much about the whole thing, maybe a bit because it's strange but...I...I don't know..." Ariana admitted as she stumbled over her words. She then nodded when Celaena asked about practice. "I'm not too sure if it's the same with every metamorphmagus, but I sure have to. The only thing I never had to practice was changing my hair, as it's always done that on it's own, as well as when I just think about it turning a certain colour, like this" As soon as Ariana said 'this', her hair changed to a fiery red. It spread from roots to ends, and then she changed it back to her normal brown. "My hair is the only thing I can change without really concentrating on it, everything else I've really had to concentrate and learn with. I've been practising the nose changing since I was four, and all I can get is a pig nose and a duck bill!" Ariana explained. She did wish that she could change her nose into something other than those two, but it was work and she was learning. Of course she could change other things, but it always took a bit more time and thought.

clothing x ooc :: - - -

shabatha
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:40 am

User Image

Celaena nodded. "Because I am blonde with Green eyes. But I never let it bother me. It seems that Blonde and Blue eyes is the norm." She said with a shrug. And listened intently as Ariana spoke. "Well, if they do pick on you, then they will have to deal with me." She said and made a silly face. "And I can make all kinds of silly faces too! It'll scare 'em away!" She said starting t giggle. Then she changed her hair color to fiery red. "Wow, it almost looks as if I might get burned if I touch it. That's so cool!" She said with a chuckle. Then the comment about her nose. "Oh my! Pig nose and a Duck Bill!!! That's a lot though! Maybe someone can teach you?"

[quote="Arkendrai]

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:31 am

User Image

My wand is springy and spiraled made of acacia wood with a fairy hair core and is 8.5 inches long. I am 11 years old. I am enrolled as a first year at Hogwarts Witchcraft and Wizardry! And, I don't know what house I am to be sorted into... my big brother told me there are four and something called the sorting hat makes the final decision. [Wearing: Plain Uniform]

"A raging hippogryff? God, that sounds terrible," Cathy said. "I mean, I doubt many families and parents would be okay with sending their kids to a place that would endanger their students like that. Besides all I have done is small things. My mum is a witch and my brother is a wizard and my Dad came from a magic family and they all thought I couldn't do magic... I wouldn't think I'd be in good shape to go against something like that. Hmm... maybe a sphinx," She added with a smile, considering the fact that if sphinxes were real and like myths told she would just have to be able to get its riddle correct.

Shaking her head she listened as Eli talked about how attention is overrated and a lot of people teased him. And, he said that he would understand if he had man eating tentacles coming out of his face but as it was that wasn't the case. Though, apparently, Eli thought it would be cool if the tentacles existed as long as it didn't eat people. Is that normal thinking for boys? She wondered in regards to his comment about tentacles coming out of his face being cool. He also wondered if the squid would give us tentacles or something. She cocked her head to the side and said, "And wouldn't the tentacles be attached to the squid? I mean it seems weird for it to give up something that is part of it..."

She frowned and added, "And, from how I see it that most people tease and torment people only because they are unhappy with their own lots or are lonely themselves. Happy people don't make fun of other people..." Or at least that is what the obviously innocent blonde girl thought.

I just can't wait to make new friends and meet new people! And I finally get to be at the same school as my brother! And to think we can all do magic, too?!

Diamond Wales
Laurel Mindfang
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:12 pm

x
x
x
x

x
                                    ████████████████xxxxx███████

First Year | | Eleven | | Unsorted | | Single | | Metamorphmagus

Ariana shook her head, "that's stupid, who cares about 'the norm' anyway?" Ariana pointed out. She then giggled when Celaena started making silly faces and saying she would save Ariana from any bullies. "I'd run if I saw that face," Ariana joked as Celaena continued to make a silly then dropped her face into a smile, and looked up at Ariana's hair, commenting on the bright red. She smiled brightly. Then, she said that the two different noses she could pull off was a lot. "I don't need someone to teach me, it's not like that, it's just a bit hard to do the different transformations without some thinking involved," Ariana pointed out. "I can do a lot more, I've just been working on those two a lot more than any other." Ariana stated with a nod for conformation.

clothing x ooc :: - - -

shabatha

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:44 pm

User Image

ʻHer bone structure screamsʼ

ʻTouch her! Touch her!ʼ

ʻAnd she's got the curse of curvesʼ

Scanning the dock once more, she didn't see any stragglers and it was time to go. "We are going to set off now, stay in the boats, limbs and all. We will be heading to the boat house so just relax and enjoy the view." She explained, stepping into her own boat and pulling out her wand, she did a quick spell and the boats pushed forward on their own.

They started around the tree covered bend and out came the castle, it was the most beautiful at night and took her breath away every year still. She hoped this memory would stay with these children as it had with her all these years. She watched the castle grow as the headed to the boat house.

ʻI want someone provocative and talkativeʼ

ʻBut it's so hard when you're shallow as a showerʼ

ʻAnd from what I've heard with skin you'll winʼ

User Image

((Out.Of.Cuddles~ Please post going across the lake and then most to post here.))
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:08 am

User Image
єugene єridanos ωindsor

Unsorted First Year Half-Blood

xxxxxxxx I don't know what I want, so don't ask me
------------------------------------------------- 'Cause I'm still trying to figure it out
xxxxxxxx Don't know what's down this road, I'm just walking
------------------------------------------- Trying to see through the rain coming down

-------- ✎ Even though I'm not the only one who feels the way I do... ✦ --------

Jean raised his eyebrows when Cathy spokes something in French because his nickname is of French Origin, when Eugene was actually of Latin Origin. "About that... I don't speak French, raised in Scotland to begin with." He corrected.

Wait, a Sorting Hat? So they're going to be sorted by a hat? He expected something like having some tests and such, but at least they don't have to struggle with writing the answers. "Dad and Sera didn't tell me about this, I knew I should have spent time reading the history book at home," Jean pouted a bit, "But on the bright side, at least we're not going to do some tricky personality test and answering questionnaires. Those are tough to answer it took like fifteen minutes, He added.

He raised an eyebrow, "I really hope that the thing about a giant squid eating people was just something to scare us freshmen. But tentacle seems pretty okay, I mean you can use it to play a complex tune using an organ. I saw that in one movie I just watched last month," He chuckled, he really loved that movie he just watched. It didn't really matter if the movie's old or not, as long as the plot is awesome and with a pinch of humor and action.

-------- I'll be strong, I'll be wrong but life goes on. --------

Mood:
    With:
    Attire:

Diamond Wales

mc2

Laurel Mindfang

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:25 am

User Image

My wand is springy and spiraled made of acacia wood with a fairy hair core and is 8.5 inches long. I am 11 years old. I am enrolled as a first year at Hogwarts Witchcraft and Wizardry! And, I don't know what house I am to be sorted into... my big brother told me there are four and something called the sorting hat makes the final decision. [Wearing: Plain Uniform]

Cathy raised a brow when Eugene mentioned seeing a movie where a tentacle was playing a complex tune on an organ. She supposed it would be impressive but she was trying to figure out what movie would have that and even what genre it was in. "Sorry about the French," Cathy added with a smile. "I was hoping to find someone to practice with. And, just because you are raised in Scotland it would be silly to assume you hadn't somewhere picked up another language."

Before she could say more Cathy heard the woman who had led them there announce they were going to set off and they should relax and enjoy the view. Turning, her brown eyes grew wide as she watched the Hogwarts castle appear, its majesty contrasting against the dark night speckled with stars. She never realized there could be so many stars in the sky-then again she had spent her whole life in London so the city lights and pollution would naturally block some of the stars, not that she was registering that or might have. All she knew was this was definitely what a magical school should look like! It was like a fairy tale.

Still staring in odd at the castle she added to Jean, "I... I have never left London till today and for example I picked up Mandarin. Like I said you never know, I definitely am not Chinese..." she added with a small shrug, though most of her attention was focused at the awe-inspiring sight of the castle. To imagine that all this existed and she never knew anything about it! She watched the castle until finally the boats arrived at a wooden boathouse where the view was blocked significantly.

I just can't wait to make new friends and meet new people! And I finally get to be at the same school as my brother! And to think we can all do magic, too?!

Diamond Wales
Laurel Mindfang

{OOC: Next post boathouse-make that the antechamber}
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:45 am

User Image
єugene єridanos ωindsor

Unsorted First Year Half-Blood

xxxxxxxx I don't know what I want, so don't ask me
------------------------------------------------- 'Cause I'm still trying to figure it out
xxxxxxxx Don't know what's down this road, I'm just walking
------------------------------------------- Trying to see through the rain coming down

-------- ✎ Even though I'm not the only one who feels the way I do... ✦ --------

"I was hoping to find someone to practice with. And, just because you are raised in Scotland it would be silly to assume you hadn't somewhere picked up another language." Eugene bit his lip with a pinch of embarrassment, he couldn't help but accept how logical her answer was. "Well, that actually happen when you live in a suburban in a distant place..." He shrugged and felt a little bit awkward.

He glanced at the boat where the lady was, announcing that they should relax and enjoy the view. He turned his head and his jade green eyes sparked with awe as he watched the castle of Hogwarts. 'The school was a castle?' he thought. The castle was so big and majestic, for his eyes. He even didn't listen to Cathy's last line, but it didn't matter because she's amazed at the scenery anyway. He watched the castle until there's a 'Pak!' and a bump from the boat. They finally arrived but he frowned when the scenery was blocked, but that's okay. Maybe the interior was much more beautiful, right?

[EXIT TO : Antechamber]

-------- I'll be strong, I'll be wrong but life goes on. --------

Mood: Amazed
    With: Cathy and Eli

mc2

Diamond Wales

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:00 pm

[]User Image
                                                                    User Image
                                                                    ════════════════════════
                                                                    Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ |❶| Uɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ |❶| Mᴜɢɢʟᴇ-ʙᴏʀɴ
                                                                    ════════════════════════

At the command given by their guide, the flotilla of tiny boats skated across the mirror-smooth waters of the Black Lake, like water bugs upon a pond, and Dani glanced back to see the beach recede behind them, and she checked to see her passengers were doing okay. She held the lantern aloft, while Sassafras meowed piteously, and buried her face under Dani's armpit.

The boats glided across the waters, making little noise save for the slight gurgle of water splashing against the prows of the enchanted dinghies. Dani turned to face the front of the craft, and watched as the landscape rolled past, and as they departed the tiny cove, she got her first sight of the castle.

In all honesty, Aunt Bella told her precious little of what to expect, other than to tell her it would be an experience she would treasure always, and now Dani understood why. She figured the school wouldn't be situated in a traditional building, like the public school she'd attended not so many months before, but Dani drew a deep breath and her eyes grew wide upon seeing the many-spired Hogwarts Castle.

The castle looked nothing like the grim fortress of Castle Black, nor the wind-swept and rustic Winterfell, where the Starks dwell, but rather more like the sun-kissed castle of King's Landing. The castle, with its many towers and spires rose high upon a promontory, looking over the Black Lake, the lights from its many windows and galleries shone out like beacons in the night welcoming the tiny fleet as they were steered onward toward it.

Dani had started to wonder if this place even existed, and that all the changes in her life she'd endured thus far be for naught. All fears and doubts were quashed like the fog before the morning sun, her first sight of the castle erasing it with all alacrity. She wanted to get her Smartphone out to snap off pictures of the mighty fortress, but couldn't do so and hold the lantern aloft as well. Dani was content to stare at the castle in silence, scarcely daring to even draw breath, lest so slight a sound or action be enough to ruin this perfect moment.

Impelled as they were by their guide's command, the boats drew close to the cliffs below the castle, and it soon be clear their course would take them into an ivy-covered entrance in their stone face. Soon the lamps held by the students were the sole source of illumination as they were steered into the long dark tunnel beyond.

════════════════════════
                                                                    OOC:

[]
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:25 pm

User ImageUser Image

xxxxxPandora reached the shores of the Lake before any of her students did. It was a good thing, as she needed to make sure she would be all set up for the lesson. It was one of her more complicated lesson plans and involved quite a bit of planning. She had the Gillyweed ready, but she also had to track down some towels.

xxxxxOnce her class had arrived, the professor decided to start. "Most of you are probably wondering why we're meeting here instead of back at the Greenhouses. Well, today we are going to be studying Gillyweed," the woman explained. "Now, Gillyweed is quite the useful plant. When eaten, it allows you to grow gills, as well as webbing between your fingers and toes. This means that you're able to process oxygen while underwater, as well as to navigate the water easier."

xxxxxOpening the crate, Pandora picked up one of the plants. It was slimy, but she didn't mind. "This is Gillyweed. If you wish to have a more hands on experience with the plant, you are more than welcome to take some and go explore the lake. However, I should warn you, it only lasts for an hour, so don't stray too far. I'm also willing to give house points to anyone who would like to try."

OOC: This is a class. Please refrain from interrupting unless you speak with me first. Also, the Gillyweed runs out when I say it does. So, yeah. Don't drown, although Pandora won't let it get that far. xD

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:19 pm

User ImageUser ImageTook your advice and did the opposite
Just being young and stupid
I haven't been all that you could've hoped for
But if you'd held on a little longer
You'd have had more reasons to be proud...

Time: Wednesday, Block 1, (Morning, 8:00-8:45)
In Company of: Herbology IV
Wearing: My uniform

We're supposed to swim in the lake? I don't think our uniforms are exactly the best swimwear...

Veronica had followed the directions and found she was the first to arrive at the lake. She crossed her arms and listened to the professor a bit intrigued figuring they would be studying some water plant of some sort. When she introduced the subject of Gillyweed, Veronica didn't get caught that off guard, she had read about it and its effects before. Yet when Professor Thorne introduced the topic of swimming in the lake and using gillyweed, Veronica almost choked in shock. She was a good swimmer-for years her Dad would take her to the beach for a week over the summer-or he did when he was still alive-but they were all wearing their uniforms, not exactly prime swimwear.

Considering it for a moment and thinking more or less 'What the Hell' and that she would have time to change before Cursebreaking, she shrugged off her robe, took off her boots and jewlery and belt, untied her tie, and then slid off her thigh high socks. At least this year she had started wearing the sweater vest, she figured a white shirt wasn't exactly ideal for swimming. Tucking her wand into the rolled up sleeve of her shirt she said stepping forward, "I'll give it a try. Advantage of growing up in Southern England, close to the ocean to learn how to swim well."

Taking some Gillyweed in her hand she waded into the water, wincing slightly at the colder water than she normally swam in and took a deep breath and swallowed the gillyweed, finding that it tasted a bit like seaweed or what she assumed seaweed tasted like and had the texture of water bogged spinich. In less than a minute she felt herself gasping for air and touched the side of her neck where there were gills, now, and she quickly dipped her neck in the water finding herself able to breath again and kicked out a few strokes more into the lake. She wasn't sure how adventurous she wanted to be swimming in the lake-the gillyweed only lasted an hour, even if she was a good swimmer it didn't mean she could normally breath water, and there was of course the giant squid and who knew what else that lived in the lake.

So many questions
But I'm talking to myself
I know that you can't hear me any more
Not anymore
So much to tell you
And most of all goodbye
But I know that you can't hear me any more...

{ }
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:34 pm

User Image
                                                I’m stronger
                                                That I ever thought that I could be, baby
                                                I used to go with the flow
                                                Didn’t really care ‘bout me
                                                You might think that I can’t take it, but you’re wrong

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Fᴏʀᴍᴇʀ Sᴇᴇᴋᴇʀ || Qᴜɪᴅᴅɪᴛᴄʜ Rᴇғᴇʀᴇᴇ

════════════════════════

Bronwen led the students down to the boats, mindful of the dock and it's boundaries. She then smiled and waited for them to gather around. She then gestured to the boats. "All right, everyone pick a boat and climb in, Four to a boat, and the person in front has to carry the lantern. Also, please be careful getting in. We wouldn't want someone to accidentally fall into the lake now, would we?" She smiled, then gestured to the boat she was going to get into. "If anyone has any issues with boats or is nervous about the trips, they may climb into my boat and ride with me. I'm pretty sure I won't let the squid eat you."

════════════════════════
                                                Thinking: Hrm, is that everyone yet?
                                                OOC: EVERYONE PLEASE POST GETTING INTO A BOAT, AND I WILL POST THE LAKE CROSSING. PLEASE DO NOT POST CROSSING BY YOURSELF.

Here I go, on my own
                                                I don’t need nobody, better off alone
                                                Here I go, on my own now
                                                I don’t need nobody, not anybody
                                                Here I go, alright, here I go

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:48 pm

User Image
Oh you should've stayed home.
You should've known better!

Wendy Madeline Chaisty
[UNSORTED]

Wand: Hazel and Merpeople Scales, Inflexible, Decorated Shaft,
9 1/2 inches in length
Blood: Pure.
Currently: a 1st Year
Wearing: Plain Black Uniform

-----------------------------------------------------------

Wendy was one of the first to follow the brunette woman who called all the first years to follow her. When she heard that they were to take a boat and climb in-something she already knew was coming-she wasn't really that concerned. She liked water. The Avery Manor where she lived wasn't far from the ocean and she liked to spend time there a lot. A boat ride sounded far better to her than a carriage ride anyways to her. Listening to the lecture about being careful on getting in and not wanting to fall into the lake Wendy resisted the urge to roll her eyes and walked confidently to one of the empty boats and sat away from the lantern: someone else could bother with it, in her opinion.

Instead she tapped a finger to the dark water of the lake curious who she would be stuck with to join her for the ride and what this year held for her-probably classes and not much else, to be honest. It was a school only after all.

You thought you were gonna throw it back in my face,
but tell me how do my leftovers taste!

<>
The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games