Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Pokémon Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's #1 Pokémon Guild. Come talk, trade, battle, or just hang out! 

Tags: Pokemon, Black White, HeartGold SoulSilver, ORAS, Nintendo 

Reply Roleplay Subforum
Pokémon Legends: Court of Kings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Spinne Biss
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:08 pm
He knew Ratio's name. Helena paused for a second, took a deep breath, and tried to stand confidently.

"To save this country. The whole world. The court, their plan is indefinsible. Their actions, their control, everything they do. It's like they see themselves as the only ones who count as people, and everyone else is a fraction of that. It can't keep happening. Ratio knows I can see that. He knows I can see the depths of what they'd do. Who they would work with." The image of Jean-Pierre in her head made her shudder.

"He offered me power. To make me strong enough to save everyone. To make sure nothing bad could happen to my loved ones or me again." Gurkinn had mentioned power. Helena watched him, cautious but curious.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:11 pm
'Yes, Helena,' Gurkinn said. 'But a thousand people see that point of view. Do you know why Ratio wants you so badly?'  

Marsuru
Vice Captain

Spinne Biss
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:19 pm
"Because I know what needs to be done." Fury had seen that in her even before the girl knew it was a trait that she possessed.

some people just need killing

Ratio's words echoed in her head. Helena might have rejected that before, but since she had met Jean-Pierre she knew it to be the truth.

"I knew the truth of this world. Of this whole thing." She paused, she didn't know the monk. It felt wrong to lie to him, but more than that, Helena knew better than to try. This was another one of them, she could feel it. Not literally, but the sense and feel of him. Like Ratio, like Jean.

"The court. Jean-Pierre. The nobles who empower and work for and with them. The people who do the same. They all have to die."  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:33 pm
Rivière Walk

'We're live on the ground in Shalour City and the atmosphere is tense. Police have congregated opposite The Tower of Mastery, a local religious ground believed to be the site of an attack by Orrean terrorists.'

The screen with the news relayed the events of Shalour City. None of it concerned Jean. Not as far as the outcome was concerned.

The Inferno spoke into his earpiece, "You want me to leave the girl?"

"Yes. If she can't survive this, then she's worthless." Jean was dressed for a funeral. His curly hair, usually warn messy and unkempt, was straightened and pulled tightly back into a ponytail. His black suit was pristine and perfect, in every measurement and across every inch of it. Not a stray strand of thread, not a loose button, all of it was made to perfection, as if it had been sculpted around his body.

"Yeah, I got another lead anyways," The Inferno spoke again. "By the way, that Grant guy dead?"

"I'll let you know," Jean said, and he hung up the call. Looking over at Jullien Nostrad, Jean-Pierre smiled. "Is Grant Mei dead?" The sponsored trainer with whom Helena had spent a lot of time. Jean didn't expect Lord Nostrad to know right away, but he could find out. It would be better, Jean thought, than going through that guy to get an answer.  

Spinne Biss
Crew

Marsuru
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:38 pm
'A bold statement for one so young,' Gurkinn replied, an amused tone playing at the edge of his voice. 'Ratio offers you a war path, a fast, messy solution whose consequences are beyond your reach. Do not let Ratio use you as a puppet for his own ends, Helena, for there is hatred in his heart. I agree that not all is well in Kalos, but do you truly believe death is the only option, or is that Ratio speaking through you?'

The flame began to die down. Gurkinn bridged his fingers.

'Find your peace, and from that foundation your choices will become clear. Ratio chose you for your potential. Few have an aura capable of shining so bright, and with capability comes the capacity for change. You may be party to a destructive change, a trail of death without end,' Gurkin extended his hand, 'or you might find the path to peace, here on this island, and with it become a force of good for this world.

'Let me show you the way, Helena. The right way.'  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:45 pm
Gurkinn's words gave Helena pause for a second time. She had spent so much time seeing this as inevitable that she had begun to try and convince herself that she could change. That she could become the way Ratio wanted. After her encounter with Jean-Pierre, and learning the truth from Ratio himself, she felt herself wanting to, more and more.

It would be different if Zack had made her this offer. Her older brother, who she wanted to believe in absolutely, lacked the power to back up that type of promise. Even teamed up with Salieri and whoever else. Gurkinn, however, was not a man so easily doubted.

"What if somebody dies while we're waiting around?" It wasn't a what if, really. People were going to die. Helena already felt miles behind where she needed to be.  

Spinne Biss
Crew

Marsuru
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:00 pm
'People are going to die,' Gurkinn echoed Helena's thoughts. 'The Court takes life only when necessary, so while they are stable those deaths are few. There is time to learn, and it will not be wasted. If you are any semblance to your brother, you should master mega evolution effortlessly. We can progress from there.'  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:03 pm
"Mega Evolution?" Helena watched Gurkinn, curious as to what he meant. With anyone else, she would have teased them for making up something that sounded like it belonged in a children's cartoon.

She couldn't see any humor in the way Gurkinn spoke.  

Spinne Biss
Crew

Marsuru
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:08 pm
Gurkinn bonded his aura to Helena's for a moment and felt her confusion. Wait, did she really not...?

'Your brother did not mention...? I am, ah,' Gurkinn cleared his throat. 'I am the Mega Evolution Guru. You have truly never heard of it? It's all over Kalos right now. It is sort of our thing, very en vogue... Mega Evolution is the next stage in, ah,' Gurkinn clapped his hands together. 'Did you ever watch Dragon Ball Z?'  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:10 pm
For a moment Helena wondered if Gurkinn was insulted. Did he expect to be somehow famous?

"Uhhh, yes. That was a big deal in Unova. Are you saying it's like making your Pokemon go super saiyan?" Helena thought about Loki shining gold with spiky hair.  

Spinne Biss
Crew

Marsuru
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:31 am
'More like SSJ4 but yes,' said Gurkinn, breathing comfortably and stroking his chin. 'There are pokémon who are capable of temporarily surpassing the limits of standard evolution. If such a pokémon were to possess a Mega Stone and its trainer a Keystone, then the bond they share will allow the pokémon to evolve further. Your brother proved to me that the bond between a master and servant is sufficient for mega evolution, though I believe that the process comes naturally to those with bright auras.

'Bonds allow us to connect to the world on an emotional level, and all aura control is the process of manipulating the bonds around us. Becoming comfortable with Mega Evolution will set you upon the path, if you choose to pursue it.'  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:25 am
Riviére Walk

“Grant Mei…”

Jullien Nostrad rolled the name over on his tongue with his eyes on the news in front of him. A tap of a button on the side of the limo door turned the volume off and replaced it with subtitles. He’d heard the name before, somewhere.

Ordinarily a funeral procession would be a most distasteful place to talk about prospective assassinations, yet with the procession stalled by the breakings news in Shalour City they had time on their hands. Jullien’s usual regal attire of green robes with gold trimmings and frills was toned down, greyer on the color scale for the occasion. Still, he looked just as immaculate as Jean Pierre, which was fitting as they shared a stylist.

Grant Mei, Grant Mei. Now Jullien remembered. Grant Mei was a sponsored trainer, one from Sinnoh, and therefore born common. He set himself apart from other league participants by using earpieces for quiet communication with his party. Other than that, he was more technical than flashy. Another trainer with some potential. The boy was on the list to be picked off by Nicolette’s League maintenance unit, but he was a low priority target, one that didn’t require an assassination so much as a plane ticket home.

“I don’t know,” he confessed to Jean, activating his Holocaster to make a call. Balibar was most likely mobilizing one of the Royal Quillon to take care of this terrorist attack, but Jullien liked to have a hand in these matters. “Why? Does this concern your pet project, Jean Pierre?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jullien’s limousine was near the rear of the line, and Matheson’s was near the front with the rest of House Leroux. He and Juliet shared this ride privately, the two of them glued to the news on the screen with great concern. Math pointed as the camera tried to track the trainer with the Charmeleon.

“That’s Zack Redgrave.”
Juliet leaned closer, narrowing her eyes to make sure. “…you’re right.”
“How far are we from the Chateau?” he asked, unbuckling his seatbelt.
She rolled down the window and stuck her head out. “Maybe a mile.”
“Merde, it’ll take us some time. C’mon.” Math opened the door and straightened out his suit before offering Juliet a hand.

She took his hand and felt that familiar spark run its course down her arm and into her brain, the one that always shocked her when she touched his skin. He hadn’t hesitated to abandon an honoring of his dead to save the living. That unwavering dedication to the people of Kalos despite himself was just one of the many reasons Juliet was so in love.

They left the limo and closed the door. “Don’t wait up for us, Shane,” Math hollered to his driver with a tap on the window and the wave, and the engaged friends started their brisk march to the Chateau. It was the closest building on this stretch of road, and without a Teleporter, they’d have to rely on Metis’ Magic Door Key to get them anywhere quickly.

“Have you ever been to the Tower?” Matheson asked Juliet.
“A few times. I’ve perused their library. I don’t remember any doors with keyholes.”
“We gotta find one,” Math grumbled, his Holocaster flashing on and running the Tower of Mastery through the search engine. He scoured through the pictures as he walked, looking for any door they could use. “Do you have your full party? We’re dealing with pirates.”

Juliet brushed her coat back to reveal the Pokéballs on her belt. “Always. What about you?”
He flashed her a grin. “Always.”
“But are you ready to actually fight this time, Matheson?”
Math avoided her eyes and went back to the pictures. “This doesn’t have to be solved with violence.”
“Don’t be so naïve. We’re dealing with pirates.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Farther along the Riviére Walk, at the Battle Chateau, two guards stood at the gates of the facility. Security was lighter than usual today since Chateau assets were being used to guard Gabriel’s funeral procession. That didn’t mean it was non-existent, just more manageable.

To their side, near the courtyard wall and in the tall grass, Moze was crouched low, silent and watching. He was adorned in the black cloak and dark steel armor synonymous with Ratio, though his smiling sun mask did not match his master’s.

His felt a tug on his arm. Moze looked down at Shepard Fairey. The Whimsicott gave him a raised eyebrow, a non verbal question asking him if he was ready. “I’m in position,” he told Shepard. Truth be told, he was antsy. Moze never liked lying in wait, ever since he was a little boy. He was a doer, a go-getter. His master taught him the importance of patience, and reconnaissance, and he knew it was all necessary and good and yadda yadda but the Chateau was right there.

And every time Moze was close to the nobles, he felt his icy, ingrained anger crackle to the surface, just like his sister. The best way for him to tame it was to stay active, move along, let it happen. So he waited for his opportunity, but he was not happy about it.

He licked his lips. “Ready to go.”

Anistar City

'So far the authorities have refused to comment on the situation, currently ongoing, though we can confirm the sighting of a military airship over the island. No word has come from the tower, which is under lockdown, and the status of its residents is unknown. We can only pray for their safety.'

The giant monitor on the side of the closest skyscraper had interrupted the usual advertisements for this breaking news. Commuters and everyone else on the side of the road stopped to watch. Alexa, who had been typing furiously on a laptop on a café’s terrace, looking up from her work to watch as well.

Orrean terrorists? She wondered what their source was as she looked over her shoulder for her Stalker. Kalos and Orre’s past transgression was years ago but it was still an open wound for Orre, the country that had been invaded. It was no surprise to her that there was a faction looking to wreak some havoc. Then again, she didn’t have a source either. It was all speculation.

She saw someone in all white walking towards her. Alexa closed her laptop and stood up, a lump forming in her throat. The woman in white veered left and walked into a mall. Alexa sighed and looked around again. No sign of her Stalker, but she had been in one place long enough. Time to keep moving.

Gotengo

’We’ve received word from several eyewitnesses that another trainer flew into the clouds above the island just minutes ago, followed by a group of Pokémon. There’s no ID on the trainer yet, only that she’s a young woman on a Torkoal. More on that later, for now we turn to the police for a statement.’

There was new footage covering the situation, this time from a news helicopter hovering over the Shalour coastline. “That’s Salieri!” Youngsters Carter and Anais yelled from the couch where a dozen Gotengo kids sat in a semi circle in front of the television. They all cheered, not grasping the immediate danger of what was happening. All they knew was that their hero and gang leader was in the thick of a battle on TV.

Mia did, which was why she was at the PC in the middle of the room, wearing a headset with Bass perched on top of the monitor and typing line after line of code to reach her AI. “Ivan, get back to me. I know you’re listening.”
Beepboop I’m busy, mother,” chimed Ivan’s voice. “Any more multitasking will slow my processing.
“And that’ll speed up the block on the cannon, I know. I’m trying to help you.”

Ivan was her direct line into the Fishbone, and the line connected to the Miasma Cannon. Hooking it up to a digital system made it more vulnerable than weapons of old, and from here Mia could do her best to reinforce the access firewall Ivan had set up. A firewall that was getting chipped away rapidly. Someone on the ship wanted their cannon back, and they were inching closer every second.

Mia felt like she was there, an out of body experience, floating through the world wide web. Her focus was on the data one hundred percent, and in a way she was just as present on the ship as Erin was. It was intense, knowing that every keystroke she made right now actually mattered. Even if she wasn’t in danger right now, slipping up could cost people lives. Was this how Salieri and Zack felt when they were in a fight? Suddenly she could understand why Benedict was willing to consider all his options when it came to the Stalker’s Curse.

“Patch me into Salieri,” she commanded.
Adding you to the call. Please hold.

Ivan’s generic waiting music began to play. As much as she wanted to mute it, Mia needed to keep it on so she could hear when Salieri picked up. At the time she rewrote Ivan, she thought it would be funny to make them a troll. Now she was thinking a personality scrub might not be a bad idea.  

Jump Einatz
Crew

Spinne Biss
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:08 pm
Tower of Mastery

"Like this?" Helena asked as she produced the Scizorite from her bag. She showed it to Gurkinn. The strange stone hadn't been an evolutionary one, but she'd held onto it regardless due to the strangeness of it. At worst she could sell it for a quick buck if needed.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:31 pm
Benedict felt his pokemon falter under Ska's pokemon's attack, and took a breath. Manny prepared himself for the next move, and as Ska was caught up in his own trap, they were given time. That sense of time, the disorientation, would have normally been enough for the pokemon to fall, but Manny inside Francis' head helped him to keep moving in time with the other pokemon, if not his own sense of it.

Quick attack activated, sweeping the group around Ska, the priority for that turn no longer relevant, but with Manny helping he still managed to use it, if shakily.

Once they swept around, Ben hopped from Francis' back as Ska recovered from the explosion, now he stood in front of the pirate's path to the beach...

Francis used quick attack again, this time before Keasbey would have time to use Quash, and with the speed of Quick Attack behind him, Manny would move off the bird and strike with a Force Palm aimed at Lopunny's neck. If Lopunny wasn't quick enough to react, or the paralysis took hold, Psychic would activate and attempt to blast the other pokemon back.

The quick attack, meanwhile, would strike towards Keasbey, whose eyes no longer had the flying type's gaze.

Benedict, meanwhile, held his position in front of Ska, ready to counter any new pokemon with one of his own, or fight if it came to it. "Hello Neighbor. That wasn't very good hospitality."

Caboose glanced back to see Hazard as the ghost called to him. He pointed up towards the ship that Salieri and others were fighting at.

[We're avoiding the hell out of that fight and sabotaging a cannon or something. Maybe the whole ship? But apparently some kind of cannon.]

He would continue at a more stealthy speed up towards the ship, away from the fighting. And below a bit, as well. They needed a way on board that both of them could use without being spotted.

[Can you see any way on that thing I can use?]  

Klarp Glornharm

Spinne Biss
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:54 pm
Riviére Walk - Lord Nostrad's Limousine

"It doesn't concern it, no. But it helps it." Jean was watching the news screen, reading the subtitles. The image of Zack with the Charmeleon rocket plank caused his smile to widen. "That's one of the people who fought Ratio."

Jean leaned forward, his elbows resting on his knees, now fully tuned into the news.

Riviére Walk

"Gogandantes," Balibar's voice boomed, it was old and scratchy and deep, but still it cut clearly through the air. The Quillon was brought before him immediately. The Sceptile was garbed in the custom armor, and it looked up to Balibar, who stood towering over anyone else present.

"Eliminate the airship and the Orrean pirates in Shalour City." With a nod Gogandantes sped off, boosted by Agility.

Garbed in his funeral attire, Balibar turned to Absolon. "Oversee that any surviving pirates are taken into our personal custody."

Absolon nodded, grabbing his Talonflame's ball, and the two were off into the sky, headed toward Shalour city.

Shalour City Pokemon Center

"I wanna fight pirates," Bridgette complained, Azucena keeping a firm hold of her shoulders.

"No no no, absolutely not."

"Why does he get to?" Bridgette asked, pointing out Zack on the screen.

"I'm not even sure that he's heading to fight them. What if he is a pirate?"

"Then I want to fight him specifically"

"Absolutely not."  
Roleplay Subforum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games