Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
The Rainbow Paw Club (General chat) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 ... 1438 1439 1440 1441 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xx_Hanyuu-San_xX

2,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:11 pm

Garek Maxwell
XxTwisted_Desire_PantsuxX
Wow, gaia is a ghost town. :X

Curiously am I the only one who hates FF4 and it's "Exagerated" bs?
Honestly, FF4 can be beat by IE9 that's right "INTERNET EXPLORER" it's complete rubbish.

Fire fox always beats IE until IE gets addons.

I rarely, if ever, see an ad which makes pages load much faster and reduce my browser's RAM and CPU needs (I often do multiple things at once), I have an add on that conveniently downloads youtube videos, another that organizes Fur Affinity submissions by artists and saves with a single click, another add-on that filters out language I got tired of hearing (Fa***** is now person, along with so many other words I honestly don't know anymore what the person intended to cry about and I'm happier for it.), also I have a few random, sometimes useful add-ons for things like downloading every image on a page or linked to image, weather updaters, and some other things like saving google book pages.

I doubt IE9 can do any of that.

Wow, saying things without seeing reviews and testing them......talk about a Fanboy or are you just another Troll? Anyway.....

Things IE9 does that FF4 doesn't.....hmmm how about Proper support for the NEW web standards and HTML5 video? FF4 only supports one codec type for HTML5 while IE9 supports BOTH HTML5 video codecs and displays them more than twice as Fast especially when it comes to hardware based play back, this is from tests not claims.

Also why is it all you FF fanboys whine that addons instantly make it better? I can do that in windows with and without utilities.
Oh and wow speaking of Ram and Cpu usage, did I mention that FF4 runs like s**t on anything less than a Gig of ram and anything slower than 2.4ghz processor?
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:50 pm

Wow, saying things without seeing reviews and testing them......talk about a Fanboy or are you just another Troll? Anyway.....

Never once did I act rude about all this in my reply, I just said all the things I could do and doubted IE9 could do any of it. You, on the other hand, need to keep your attitude in check.

Things IE9 does that FF4 doesn't.....hmmm how about Proper support for the NEW web standards and HTML5 video? FF4 only supports one codec type for HTML5 while IE9 supports BOTH HTML5 video codecs and displays them more than twice as Fast especially when it comes to hardware based play back, this is from tests not claims.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML5_video
IE9 doesn't support everything, just like FF4.
Last I checked, Chrome was the only one to support all HTML5 related junk.

However, HTML5? Lets be honest here, it's not replacing HTML4 overnight. Youtube? Yeah, they still use flash to show videos AND HTML5, because they know they can't switch overnight. People still use IE7. So don't even try the "it doesn't support the latest stuff" as being why one is superior to another in a medium where the latest isn't used instantly for good reason. You want to communicate with others, not lock them out the second a new set of code is introduced. That, or have your information display incorrectly.

Also why is it all you FF fanboys whine that addons instantly make it better?
I can do that in windows with and without utilities.

Because they do make it better and they're extremely convenient. Let's go down my list and you explain to me the faster and/or simpler method of doing the same thing in IE9 (or windows, as you put it).

1. Ad blocking to where you rarely, if ever see an ad. No flash, no pics, it just doesn't even bother to load them.

2. Clicking a button on furaffinity to have a picture saved directly to your hard drive, pre-specified, and placed in the artist's folder or have a folder created for the artist instantly with no more than one single click of a button. Just one click!

3. Download youtube videos using virtually the same method as saving a file to your hard drive.

4. Specific word and phrase filtration allow me to replace those specific words or phrases (case sensitive if desired) with anything I want. No *'s, anything.

5. Within 3 clicks (after setting it up of course), having all images, flashes, etc, and JUST those, no HTML, no text files, no anything else, saved to my hard drive, including linked to images. Alternatively, with a few changes in settings, saving just text files, or just javascript, etc. Not everything else once more. Also, the ability to specify no files under XXX kb, and all that good stuff.

6. Saving google book pages under virtually the same method of saving a file to your computer. Not digging through folders, trying to find the directory they're stored and trying to copy and rename it every page.

Oh and wow speaking of Ram and Cpu usage, did I mention that FF4 runs like s**t on anything less than a Gig of ram and anything slower than 2.4ghz processor?

Meh, I don't honestly care with all the great and useful features I have. I have a computer that can run it fine. I usually run photoshop 7 and/or macromedia flash MX 2004, memory hogs by the way, while watching youtube, viddler, etc videos which can be up to an hour in length. Pretty big files that hog a lot of ram.

Garek Maxwell

O-TO-KO-YO

Dangerous Conversationalist

6,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:42 pm

Prince Puck
-chews tongue-

O_o? ... Is it good?
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:01 pm

O-TO-KO-YO
Prince Puck
-chews tongue-

O_o? ... Is it good?
it's delicious smile

Prince Puck

Original Gawker

6,950 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Healer 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

O-TO-KO-YO

6,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:28 pm

Prince Puck
O-TO-KO-YO
Prince Puck
-chews tongue-

O_o? ... Is it good?
it's delicious smile

Interesting. What does it taste like?
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:30 pm

O-TO-KO-YO
Prince Puck
O-TO-KO-YO
Prince Puck
-chews tongue-

O_o? ... Is it good?
it's delicious smile

like hedgeytongue

Prince Puck

Original Gawker

6,950 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Healer 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

O-TO-KO-YO

6,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:44 pm

Prince Puck
O-TO-KO-YO
Prince Puck
O-TO-KO-YO
Prince Puck
-chews tongue-

O_o? ... Is it good?
it's delicious smile

like hedgeytongue

Makes sense.
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:02 pm

Garek Maxwell
Rant

Oh no she didn't.

<3 for IE9

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML5_video
*smashes last bits of hope*

Boo addons

Reasons why you love me:

1. I rock

2. And roll

3. All

4. Night

5. Long

6. Sweet Suzy
FACT! Haha!

Blah blah, LOOPHOLES!

Edited by Maya to size down post.
To locate the original post of awesomeness go to the upper half of page 1378

Yes, I did have fun doing that, but more importantly, your awesome.
That is all.

O-TO-KO-YO

6,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

MioTheLion

Friendly Kitten

9,425 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 3:16 am

umm....
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 7:15 am

haaaay.... what ever happened to mortella?

Jungle Boots

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 10:06 am

O-TO-KO-YO
Garek Maxwell

FACT! Haha!

Blah blah, LOOPHOLES!

That is all.

Haha, thanks. xd
I probably could have made a better argument on the whole resource hog thing...but I just didn't feel like it since I use so many other programs that are worse. razz

I'm sure if someone wanted a browser that used as little resources as possible, then that would probably eliminate the most commonly used ones. It's probably some weird linux only browser that super geeks only know about. surprised
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 10:35 am

Garek Maxwell
O-TO-KO-YO
Garek Maxwell

FACT! Haha!

Blah blah, LOOPHOLES!

That is all.

Haha, thanks. xd
I probably could have made a better argument on the whole resource hog thing...but I just didn't feel like it since I use so many other programs that are worse. razz

I'm sure if someone wanted a browser that used as little resources as possible, then that would probably eliminate the most commonly used ones. It's probably some weird linux only browser that super geeks only know about. surprised

Hehe Not entirely reliant. On an economical standpoint, I would gladly give up the opportunity cost of extra speed for my decision to keep flexibility and personalization at a top priority. The time I save on using my customizations could very well equal the time saved on speed. Again it points to firefox being the right choice for me. Much like I'm a big fan of google. The fact that there is so much possibilities and intense inter-workings with such a sleek interface... well it's almost a turn on.

Yes, it was one of those super geeks that introduced me to firefox when it was still just a baby. I'm pretty sure she would call me a looser if she still knew I was using it.
(I secretly wish I could be a super geek)

Oh, you don't think I seemed rude to Pantsu do you? I wonder if I should apologize...

O-TO-KO-YO

6,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 8:54 pm

O-TO-KO-YO
Hehe Not entirely reliant. On an economical standpoint, I would gladly give up the opportunity cost of extra speed for my decision to keep flexibility and personalization at a top priority. The time I save on using my customizations could very well equal the time saved on speed. Again it points to firefox being the right choice for me. Much like I'm a big fan of google. The fact that there is so much possibilities and intense inter-workings with such a sleek interface... well it's almost a turn on.

Yes, it was one of those super geeks that introduced me to firefox when it was still just a baby. I'm pretty sure she would call me a looser if she still knew I was using it.
(I secretly wish I could be a super geek)

Oh, you don't think I seemed rude to Pantsu do you? I wonder if I should apologize...

Oh, many of these add ons more than make up for any possible slow down. The ad-blocker alone makes everything run smoother and faster with less ads, especially flash based ones. The downloading tools really take out the clicking tedium for most websites.

I love google search for it's simplicity as well. I still remember the days of ad ridden searches that got me no where. Google was amazing back then. Still is, but many search engines copied them to bring back users.

I heard lots of geeks were using Opera, but it always felt like a paired down firefox to me. Never saw a better one, but I would love to find a better browser someday. It's just a matter of time.

Ehhh, ignoring my personal displeasure from the earlier conversation with her, it's probably a good idea. No need to create more drama and such after all. Do what you feel you want to do, but I think it may be for the better to apologize. Just a suggestion, don't treat it as an order or anything. razz
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 10:43 pm

-enters the bar-

Hnng mad

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Winged Timberwolf

Friendly Werewolf

13,075 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 3:11 pm

*blinks at long ranting about FF4 and IE9*

Hm. I find flaws and advantages to both, but FF4 tends to glitch less. In either event, I have both downloaded on my comp and interchange them for different purposes. :U

I use FF4 more often, regardless xD"

It's really just personal opinion and/or what you want out of the browsers, though. :3 What's good for you may not apply/matter to someone else.

But it's fun reading your points. biggrin
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 ... 1438 1439 1440 1441 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games