Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
$The Random Caravan$ Your Spontaneous Spam Space! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Starlock
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:20 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Not often.

Hey Starlock, was it you that mentioned William James to me? Cause I've got a philosophy of religion prof now that hates him with a passion.

It might have been me. I read some of his stuff in the religion course I had in college and also gave a bit of his stuff a breeze in my free time, though not with as much detail as I'd have liked.

I'm not surprised that there are some who dislike William James. There are vehement haters of Thomas Aquinas too. James' general ideas on religion though really made a lot of sense to me, probably since he was also a psychologist and I've studied a fair amount in that field too.

And oh dear... it appears I'm relocating again. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:30 pm
Relocating as in moving to a different house/home, or in a different sense?  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Starlock
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:36 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Relocating as in moving to a different house/home, or in a different sense?

As in physically moving. It will probably be temporary again like my last stay was, but... (sigh). I was hoping to find something in my hometown since I really like it there but my deadline to accept an extension on my last job has come too soon for me to find something else yet. I'm just not the type who likes to be unsettled; it's typical for those starting out in conservation to move all around the country like some traveling circus preformer. This won't be quite like that, but still.... xd

It will be awesome to be in Chicago again though.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:39 pm
Well, I imagine that moving around a lot lets you find out about yourself in that you'd constantly be examining your likes and dislikes in what you own when packing up.  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Starlock
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:44 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Well, I imagine that moving around a lot lets you find out about yourself in that you'd constantly be examining your likes and dislikes in what you own when packing up.

I suppose that's one way of looking at it. Moving around a lot makes it hard to connect with a community though and that's the big part that would suck. It can be a challenge to learn a new area, where things are even to get basics. I actually might have an option to go somewhere else a bit closer to home, but upon looking at these small towns I was like... er... no. These are the kinds of small towns where everyone knows everyone elses' buisiness and... I wonder how they'd react to a Neopagan in town? xd  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:05 pm
Now is that a healthy or unhealthy being in the closet? wink  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:51 am
Nihilistic Seraph

Small towns aren't bad in and of themselves. It's more of the people in the small town that make it a good or bad place to live. As for me, I want to live in areas with the biggest Neopagan population I can find 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:42 am
Atma311
Nihilistic Seraph

Small towns aren't bad in and of themselves. It's more of the people in the small town that make it a good or bad place to live. As for me, I want to live in areas with the biggest Neopagan population I can find 3nodding

I'm not going to be staying there anyway. If I did, I'd probably still wear my ring everywhere. I got a new ring recently that has a tree in the background so people might take a little less offense to that. But amusingly, the tree upside down looks like some sort of horned Satanic demon too. xd I wonder if they did that on purpose....  

Starlock
Crew

Starlock
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:36 pm
Oh, and I made a new entry in the datahenge. People should check it out and ask questions. I thought about posting it in the main forum, but... it technically doesn't belong there. I might move it out here temporarily to garner some more attention than shove it back where it belongs though.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:58 pm
w00t! i just found a copy of Liber Null and Psychonaut in a Borders And bought it w00t! i'd been looking for this book for months
mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen  

Twack

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:31 pm
Psychonaut?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:33 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Psychonaut?

I second your confusion confused  

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:37 pm
Atma311
Nihilistic Seraph
Psychonaut?

Nono, I know what it means, I was just wondering what relevance it had to the book.

I looked it up, and it's quite appropriate when looking at chaos magic. A psychonaut is someone who explored their own psyche.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:08 pm
I had no idea sweatdrop  

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Twack

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:52 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Atma311
Nihilistic Seraph
Psychonaut?

Nono, I know what it means, I was just wondering what relevance it had to the book.

I looked it up, and it's quite appropriate when looking at chaos magic. A psychonaut is someone who explored their own psyche.
Chaos magic book, one of the more renown ones And yes as psychonaut is a person that explores their own mind and it's connection to the overwhelming chaos that creates this world.  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff