Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

elvisnake

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:47 pm

Well, I liked his writing, and his changing of the Solos was probably due to lack of knowledge about them, due to his not having read the books before. I actually liked NJO Solo children more than the earlier versions, anyway.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:49 pm

elvisnake
Well, I liked his writing, and his changing of the Solos was probably due to lack of knowledge about them, due to his not having read the books before. I actually liked NJO Solo children more than the earlier versions, anyway.

One of the reasons I really like NJO was because it made the Solo kids age.

I mean, yeah they aged literally, but it didnt feel like it.

In all the earlier books (Crystal Star, YJK, JJK) they always got out of it through a deus ex machina like someone trying to teach them a lesson, or Luke just bailing them out.

NJO shook them up. They lost Chewbacca, and it was partially Anakin's fault. Anakin and Jacen were in a philosophical battle, adn then Anakin DIED. Jaina slipped to the Dark Side, and Jacen learned pain for the first time.

FrozenPhoenix32

elvisnake

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:55 pm

Yep, maturation of childish characters is what it's all about, and while I'll never forgive Salvatore for killing Chewie, He's still a good author.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:57 pm

But Bob didn't want to kill Chewie.
Darth Fatass made him do it! gonk

AFK Masturbating

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:57 pm

Don't hold a grudge, it was scripted in the NJO outline from the start, he just happened to have to be the one to do it.

Otherwise I'd be hating Denning, and he's my favorite author.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:19 pm

Yeah, I don't hate Bob for it, It's the Fat Darth I harbor a grudge for. First Chewie dies, then no more Jedi wookiees, when will this furry persecution end?

elvisnake

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:22 pm

elvisnake
Yeah, I don't hate Bob for it, It's the Fat Darth I harbor a grudge for. First Chewie dies, then no more Jedi wookiees, when will this furry persecution end?

Killing Anakin instead of Jacen because two Anakins would confuse people?

This is the guy who says that the EU is not in the same universe as his, it just builds on it.

SO WHY THE ******** ARE YOU PLACING RESTRICTIONS?!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:24 pm

If forced to choose between Jacen dying or Anakin Dying, I would definitely have chosen Jacen to die. Who knows, the next'll probably Be Ben Skywalker, so there aren't too many Bens.

elvisnake

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:27 pm

elvisnake
If forced to choose between Jacen dying or Anakin Dying, I would definitely have chosen Jacen to die. Who knows, the next'll probably Be Ben Skywalker, so there aren't too many Bens.

Jacen was a b***h.. He whined, he moaned and now he's a Sith.

Anakin was calm, collected, he was a mix of A. Skywalker, Han, Luke and Obi-Wan. With some Mara and Wedge.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:33 pm

Wait, Jacen's a Sith? I really need to read the Legacy of the force books. If only I could afford hardbacks...

elvisnake

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:37 pm

elvisnake
Wait, Jacen's a Sith? I really need to read the Legacy of the force books. If only I could afford hardbacks...

Are you a Barnes and Noble member? You get it for 13 bucks that way.

Or go to Borders, read it and then return it. It's like an unspoken code with the sci-fi sections @ my Borders, that as long as the people know you and you buy the paperbacks, they give you back your money for the hardback after you read it.

Might not be like that at yours though lol.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:39 pm

Nope, i don't visit that often, that the employees know me. Oh well, that's what Libraries are for.

elvisnake

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:40 pm

That too. They should probably have it by now.

I requested Dark Lord from mine.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:04 am

DA, I hope I'm not taking too many liberties with Angel's bro.

Sol Walker
Crew

elvisnake

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:33 pm

Someone should write a book about the life of Biggs...
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games