Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Black Lake Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:31 pm
Lin Daiyu
Unsorted ** First Year ** Seer

User Image
"Honesty is being blunt,
being blunt is right.
Never back down from a fight,
let your courage and wisdom make you right.

After getting off the train, and the very awkward conversation she had when she actually did attempt to speak to someone, Lin was almost glad for a reason to bury her head back in a book.

Opening a copy of, The Tales of Beetle the Bard, Lin waited patiently for the long trek to the castle to be sorted.

When they were lead down to the lake, Lin walked along with the other first years, still absorbed in her book, "Hmm....A boat ride?" Shrugging she just took one of the still empty boats, wondering if anyone would join her. Maybe she could strike up a conversation with Persephone?

Then again who even wanted to speak again after the sheer awkwardness both of them experienced.

Looking down some, Lin returned to her book.

I feel calm you know?
My inner thoughts are, "Hmm..."
I'm in the house of Unknown
I am a proud first year
My puppeteer says "..." Out of character.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:53 pm
User Image

User Image Location: Black Lake

Mira wasn’t sure what to make of this girl. Not that she was trying to make anything of her. Glancing over at her she really didn’t know what to think when she opened her mouth. It almost sounded to Mira as if Wendy was asking her to do something while making it sound like she was incompetent. It was either that or it was just the way she presented herself. The young girl really didn’t understand. “I don’t mind at all.” Mira replied trying hard not to sound irritated. Anything to avoid a confrontation, right…?

Luckily Mira wasn’t the type to start fights over the first thing that pissed her off. That and at least Wendy was telling how things were going to be she was only asking. Being what it was she could have said no but there wasn’t much point in that. Someone was going to hold it anyways. Maybe she could pawn it off on someone else if they decided to join the two people who didn’t plan on socializing much. Regardless Mira would make the most of the boat ride across the lake before they got to the castle.

Thinking things over in her head Mira realized now was probably her only chance to at least learn the names of her fellow classmates.
‘Not that you care but you should at least try to talk to someone… even if it is this girl…’ she thought as she took the lantern. “Mind if I ask what your name is?” Mira asked casual as she looked back over at Wendy.

User Image

With: Other first years... Wendy

Wearing: Plain Black Robs

OOC: ---

Spice the Rat

mc2

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:20 pm
User Image

Emily Strauss Vanadeth

╔═════════════════════╗
Where: Platform 9 3/4
With: Elliott Holt
Thoughts//OOC: Yay!
Outfit: Polyvore isn't working for me right now. So she is just wearing a lightblue shirt with a panda on it, and a pair of knee length blue jeans.
╚═════════════════════╝

Emily had lost the friend she had made. Elliott had disappeared in the crowd... She had looked, but had given up after awhile. She had gotten into a conversation with some other First year. When she got off the train, before she could look, they were called to the boats and she was in awe to realize that there was such a huge castle actually sitting there. Her parents had said there was, but she had been skeptical. But now? She wasn't even sure what to say! And that was a first. The first year was kind of shocked by all the small boats. Didn't seem all that safe to her... In fact, she wasn't sure she even wanted to get into one. Until she saw Elliott. He was in a boat! She smiled and skipped over. "There you are! I was looking for you but the crowd was too big I suppose. Do you mind if I ride with you?" She asked.

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:21 pm
User Image
Location - Hogsmeade Stationx x x x Company-Students x x Thoughts:Feelings - Ugh, do I really have to go by boat. : Annoyed and anxious. x x Wearing-What she is wearing in the picture (Pink Sweater), black robes over it. x x OOC- Feel free to say hi.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████████████ ███████ ██████████ ███████████████ ███████ ██████████ ███

The boats did not make the young girl feel any better. Why children were forced to travel over a dangerous omnius lake made no sense. Though not many things did in a magical world, but of course being difficult as always Gen just had to question everything. She looked over the boats, almost cringing as she saw so many students engage in such happy conversation. My, to be friends in just a day, truly these people could not be more naive. A distrustful little girl Gen decided to avoid too much attention for now, she thought it would most likely be easier was she was sorted to mingle with others.

Her light grey eyes surveyed as many boats as she could, till she fell on a familiar face. It was the girl from the wand shop, though she was not surprised, both were shopping for their wands so of course they would be joined here. Sighing she figured no one could be better, at least it was someone she had seen before. Tugging a loose strand of hair behind her ear and fidgeting with the uncomfortable black robe she made her way toward the boat. Another girl also sat there but Gen had lost the little nerve that had struck her.
"Mind if I join you?" She asked in the sweetest tone she could muster, though her usual distant attitude burned through. No waiting a response she carefully hopped in, only looking toward the water once.

murruelecreuset
mc2

fangbanger18

Gracious Millionaire

hulusis

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:23 pm
User Image
User Image

First Year House Half-Blood

you are a catch 22, either way i miss out
all of the grief i give you, is energy i can live without
but i could stand you one more night

xxxxx Once Henry had apologized and the girl he bumped into also apologized, Henry felt a bit better, and not nearly as bad as he had about bumping into her. "Oh, no, no, it's totally my fault. But yeah, I agree, I do feel pretty weird. First day jitters I guess." Henry made sure to shake her hand when she extended it, keeping his grip firm. Well, at least she didn't totally hate him for bumping into her. That was always good. "I'm Henry. Nice to meet you Genevieve." Henry didn't say anything, but he followed Genevieve to the lake, as did all the other first years the were behind them.

xxxxxIf Henry was completely honest, he realized that he wasn't sure what he was going to say next. That was something that Henry wasn't used to. He wasn't used to having to think before anything happened because in the past he didn't really care when something happened that was negative in his life. He had his family at his back and his dad could fix nearly any problem. But here at Hogwarts, Henry was practically on his own. He could only rely on the people he was just meeting, and that was a slightly uncomfortable thought for him. Before Henry could say anything, else, he realized that he and Genevieve were already at the lake. Okay. So his dad hadn't lied when he mentioned crossing the lake in boats. He briefly wondered if his dad was also telling the truth about the squid that lived in the lake, when he noticed that Genevieve was already getting onto a boat with two other first years, both girls, that Henry didn't know. He looked around at everyone else-most of the other first years already in boats-before asking "Can I join you as well?" Henry stayed on shore, awaiting an answer.

Where: the Lake
With: Genevieve and two other strangers
Mood: Cautious
OCC:
fangbanger18

murruelecreuset

mc2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:08 pm
User Image

Arianna gasped as she took in the view of the lake and the boats. It was stunning the moon reflected off the lake in a way that it made it look like glass. Her mother had mentioned the beauty of Hogwarts once but it was so long ago she didn't remember the full conversation.

She snapped back to her senses when the professor started handing out instructions again. She noticed most of the boats were already filling up. She panicked not wanting to be left behind she made her way to a boat with vacancy. This one had a girl reading. Ari read the cover and smiled recognizing it as a fairy tale book that she grew up to.

"Hello, do you mind if I join you?" Ari asked nervously not wanting the girl to refuse her. "Good book. Have you read it before?"

Squeeky Luff

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:12 pm
User Image
Oh you should've stayed home.
You should've known better!

Wendy Madeline Chaisty
[UNSORTED]

Wand: Hazel and Merpeople Scales, Inflexible, Decorated Shaft,
9 1/2 inches in length
Blood: Pure.
Currently: a 1st Year
Wearing: Plain Black Uniform
Joined by: Mira Mitchell, Genevieve Le Feuvre, Henry Jace Isles Jr.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"And if I said I did mind...?" Wendy asked Mira with the slightest bit of amusement, letting her hand leave the water and sitting back more properly and stiffly regarding the girl. "No, it doesn't matter. I am Wendy Madeline Chaisty, a member of the Avery Clan. Technically a branch family member." She answered with a smile that said nothing-good or bad. It was just a neutral expression if anything. Wendy didn't even bother asking Mira's name. If the girl gave it to her fine, Wendy, thought, but she wasn't that concerned with making friends especially when she hadn't a clue about them. At least after the sorting she'd have a vague idea of each student and their personality, though, it wasn't wise to make enemies this early, either.

Soon another girl asked in an overly innocent tone whether they minded if she joined them but climbed in before either Wendy or Mira could answer. It was just a pleasantry someone might say before they did whatever they wanted. Annoying but smarter than asking and then if you get a negative response to go ahead and do so anyways. However, soon a dark haired boy came and asked if he could join, and thus it would fill the boat. When Henry asked 'Can I join you as well' he at least waited on the shore first. He was the sort that was easy prey in Wendy's book. And she rather Mira who didn't bother her by saying anything and waited to be addressed. It seemed more proper around strangers. Besides the boat ride couldn't be that long.

"I don't know 'can you'?" Wendy said with a raised brow before letting out a sigh and said steadily. "It isn't like we actually have the authority to stop you if you did want to join. There is still one more empty spot in the boat after all."

You thought you were gonna throw it back in my face,
but tell me how do my leftovers taste!

murruelecreuset

fangbanger18

hulusis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:04 am
User Image
                                                I’m stronger
                                                That I ever thought that I could be, baby
                                                I used to go with the flow
                                                Didn’t really care ‘bout me
                                                You might think that I can’t take it, but you’re wrong

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Fᴏʀᴍᴇʀ Sᴇᴇᴋᴇʀ || Qᴜɪᴅᴅɪᴛᴄʜ Rᴇғᴇʀᴇᴇ

════════════════════════

Bronwen looked over everyone and smiled before she stepped into her own boat. It seemed like everyone was settling in, and those that weren't were soon to be settled. Giving a glance toward the shore one last time, she picked up the lantern and looked back over the boats. "All right, we're heading off! Keep your limbs in the boats, and we won't have any issues here. Go ahead and enjoy the view. Pretty sure that it's going to impress." She tapped the wood of the boat, and it lurched forward, the other boats doing the same. Soon the lake was filled with boats making the yearly crossing from the shore to the castle.

════════════════════════
                                                Thinking: Hrm, is that everyone yet?
                                                OOC: PLEASE POST THE CROSSING, AND WAIT FOR ME TO POST AT THE BOATHOUSE. THANK YOU.

Here I go, on my own
                                                I don’t need nobody, better off alone
                                                Here I go, on my own now
                                                I don’t need nobody, not anybody
                                                Here I go, alright, here I go

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

khiaavess

Sparkly Star

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:05 am
User Image

Khiaave Lennox
First Year ~ Unsorted
Mixed Blood

Khiaave watched Lilly intently as they walked and skipped all together towards the boats. Her head started buzzing of thoughts of merpeople and curiosity of what else may lie in the water ahead of them. She felt relieved and comforted that were seemed to be no piranhas to disturb them, and by Benjamin's account they must not be too bad she thought. She grinned at Timothy and shared his note to Lilly and Benjamin also.

"So your parents are a bit older then, Lilly?" Khiaave asked Lilly before turning her attention to listen to Benjamin also as he started speaking too. Khiaave scrunched her brow, causing her thin red eyebrows to come together as she tried to remember all the people she saw in Flourish and Blotts. "I did get my books there, but I saw several people. It was quite busy when we went. I'm sorry." she told him, finally smiling again, erasing her wrinkled features. "But my Mum is a Mediwitch as well at St. Mungos! Maybe you've heard of her, Mitsuki Lennox. She's Japanese so she didn't go to Hogwarts." Khiaave told the whole group excitedly about her mother. "But my Dad's a muggle. He has told me a little about Hogwarts, but only what he heard from my Aunt. And my Mum loves Quidditch, she even took me once to see the HolyHead Harpies! Do you guys think you'll want to play?" Khiaave chattered on gleefully that she felt more comfortable with these three than she ever did with her muggle classmates. How odd to be comfortable talking about such strange things she thought.

Khiaave squinted and tilted her head towards Timothy's new note to read what else he had written. She instantly felt bad that she didn't know sign language, then nodded to herself with determination before saying to him, "Sadly, I don't know BSL but I will be glad to learn it! If you would be willing to teach me? I'll have to check the Library too." She pondered for a moment, "I wonder if they have any books on sign language?" BSL and merpeople would be fun to learn and maybe they could all explore the Lake together this year. Her little heart did a double jump again of excitement as she had a quick vision of the four of them swimming in the Lake and going to classes together this year. You can't get too excited now, just stay calm and see how it goes remember, she reminded herself.

Having heard the Professor direct them into their boats, she climbed in and settled herself sure to keep her arms inside the boat. No way would she tempt this Giant Squid she thought with a shiver. She glanced up finally towards the castle, the the sun now set completely and the dark all around her, it really seemed to glow magnificently and she felt entranced.

l_Shoobie_Doobie_l
Yukina101
mc2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:05 am
User Image
User Image

First Year House Half-Blood

you are a catch 22, either way i miss out
all of the grief i give you, is energy i can live without
but i could stand you one more night

xxxxx Henry sighed quietly to himself on shore before moving to climb into the boat with the three girls. "Well, I was trying to be nice, but whatever." Before Henry got on the train, he knew that there were going to be people at school who were less than pleasant, but he figured that he could avoid most of those people because Henry was sure that he'd butt heads with those people. Better to have friends that would offer to things for Henry than would serve as competition. He assumed that the girl who he'd just spoken to was someone he'd butt heads with. Before anyone else could say anything else, Henry spoke up. "Well, anyway, I'm Henry." He was unsure if the girl with red hair would say anything else, but he knew that whatever happened, he'd need to be ready. Besides, what's the worst that could happen? She was a girl and it was the first day of school.

xxxxx Soon enough, the boats were starting to move, and not long after the professors boat moved, did the boat Henry and the three girls were on move forward as well. The professor had said that the view was going to impress but: Hogwarts Castle, sitting on top of cliff that overlooked the lake, at night, with lights shining warmly out to the lake. Up close, it was huge, and approaching, it was getting bigger the closer they got. The reflection across the water rippled as the boats crossed, and Henry had to fight the urge to keep his hands in the boat. He just wanted to reach out and touch the water.

Where: the Lake
With: Genevieve and two strangers.
Mood: Feeling like his old self.
OCC:
fangbanger18

murruelecreuset

mc2

hulusis

fangbanger18

Gracious Millionaire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:12 am
User Image
Location - Hogsmeade Stationx x x x Company- Wendy, Mira, Henry x x Thoughts:Feelings - Bunch of new students and scary lake? Great. : Nervous and anxious. x x Wearing-What she is wearing in the picture (Pink Sweater), black robes over it. x x OOC- Feel free to say hi.

Genevieve was not even looking at the other females till Henry walked up. She only arched an eyebrow at the red head's response. Genevieve could not help but snicker softly before scooting over to let Henry sit beside her. Just as Henry spoke Gen gave him a smile, no matter who it was or the personality they carried she was sure everyone was a bit nervous. Usually Gen would carry the same attitude as the redhead but she felt the first day was not appropriate for it.

Turning toward the woman who spoke Gen only rolled her eyes, Fantastic, we are really crossing... Somehow she was hoping it as only a tease and the would be switched to carriages. But of course not, the boats spun to life and off they were. Gen could not help but lean a bit toward the water, could there really be something down there. But as quickly as her curiosity came it left and she sat still. Finally gazing up at the castle she only felt butterflies.
"It is quite larger than I imagined..." She managed to whisper as she stared in awe at the sight before her.

murruelecreuset
mc2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:39 am
User ImageUser Image
xxxx

Jayden's skateboard rolled onto the dock loudly and he cursed even louder as he noticed the boats leaving without him. He flipped his skateboard into his hands and made a flying leap for the closest boat. He of course landed safely within it, although the boat rocked rather dangerously.He grinned and flopped into the bottom of the boat, seeing as all the seats were full, looking at the other first years round him.

"Hullo. I'm Jayden. How are you all?" He smirked at all of them and flipped his hair out of his face in what had to be the cockiest manner he could pull off. Personally he was wondering if anyone on the boat was afraid or water or drowning. Because if they were, he sure as hell just gave them a mighty scare.... and he found that to be utterly hilarious. As he examined those within the boat around him, placing his skateboard across his knees as he did, and found the boat to be occupied by a little blonde girl, a brunette who seemed rather nervous, a dark haired boy, and last but not least a red head.

mc2

hulusis

fangbanger18

murruelecreuset

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Forks Anonymous

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:55 pm
User ImageUser Imagex
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

ᴛᴛɪʀᴇ ﹕﹕ [x]
                                                  ᴀᴍs ﹕﹕ [x]
                                                  ᴏᴏᴅ ﹕﹕ Patient
                                                  ᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ﹕﹕ Boat
                                                  ᴏᴍᴘᴀɴɪᴏɴs ﹕﹕ ???
                                                  ʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs ﹕﹕ '..............'

Odelia was thankful that, while everyone at the Station seemed to have begun dispersing, the first years were still just getting on their strange little boats when she’d reached the shore. It seemed strange to her, having to take a boat across some lake when there was talk of carriages. Of course, Odelia would have preferred to ride a horse instead of being drawn by them in a carriage, but from what she had gathered from the senior students during the train ride was that the so called ‘horses’ drawing their carriages weren’t actual horses. They were things called thestrals. Odelia’s boat was practically empty, and while she would have preferred to be socializing with the students the girl knew better than to have a fit. Besides, watching was almost just as good as doing, and already Odelia had picked out the students that she would want to ally herself with in the coming years – those that she saw were sociable, intelligent, witty… basically, anyone that she thought would be useful in the future, who would help her consolidate power in the most subtlest of ways. And of course, all of this was done with a genuine, charming little smile on her face. ’Mother always says a smile is among the most lethal of weapons in a woman’s arsenal.’ She reminded herself as she observed and listened.

(( OOC ;; open for interaction ))

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:18 pm
      User Image

❀❀❀
                                                    ____Lillith Matilda Hoult

_____________________________another day another life --unsorted--
                                                    _____________________________passes by just like mine --pureblood--
                                                    _____________________________it's not complicated --first year--
                                                    post layout by perpetual apocalypses

do you ever wonder if the stars shine out for you?xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A shrug of Lilly's small shoulders was the response to Khiaave suggesting her parents were a bit older than most. Mid-thirties wouldn't really be considered to old, would it? Nadia, Lillith's mother, had her little bundle of joy at the age of twenty three, so she was relatively young. "No too much older, I was only being dramatic in my wording." She giggled a bit and brushed a small piece of her hair back behind her ear as she spoke. soon the topic changed again though, all about family still. Benjamin bringing up that his mother own Flourish and Blotts! That was quite a well known job. She did interact with her possibly but she wasn't too sure. She couldn't even remember a majority of her school shopping other than finding Rodrick and having her wand choose her. "I think I may have spoken with her!" She exclaimed. Her smile was beaming, hoping to possibly gain some insight as to what his mother looked like. Even now, Khiaave spoke up about her parents. It was so interesting! Her mother being a Japanese Mediwitch and then her father being Muggle. She had never even met a muggle before. She always loved to hear about non-magical lives. She would really have to ask the red head about the muggle world. On the talk of Quidditch, Lillith's ears perked up. She really wanted to possible try out for her house team when she was sorted. It would be an enormous amount of fun and she knows her father would enjoy that. "Yes! I maybe will try out next year. My father adores Quidditch, even though he didn't make the Gryffindor team."

She let her mind grace over the new note that Timothy had handed her and Khia. She agreed with the girl next to her about the fact of her lack of knowledge towards British sign language. "I'm in the same group as her." She jabbed her thumb over and gave a sympathetic look to the boy before her. "I too will research that. It'll be a bit easier afterward, not having to right everything down. We shall hit the books as soon as we can! Right, Khia? I'm sure they should have some, even if they are in the restriced section." She grinned at her friend then shifted it to Tim, holding the same amount of care and glee, throwing in a wink about the dreaded 'restricted section' of the Hogwarts Library. All too soon, it was time to focus on their travel to the school. delicately stepping into the rocky boat with the others, she seated herself comfortable in the back row. She felt a mild jerk on movement as they set off. The sun was creating beautiful colors in the sky that set against the stony and ancient look of the castle that awaited them. She could feel herself almost bubble over with excitement.

float down
                                                    like autumn leaves

OOC:
                                                    khiaavess
                                                    Yukina101
                                                    mc2

Trippy_Gazelle

Quotable Noob

5,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Member 100

fangbanger18

Gracious Millionaire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:08 pm
User Image
Location - Hogsmeade Stationx x x x Company- Wendy, Mira, Henry, Jayden x x Thoughts:Feelings - Just what I needed! I will murder that boy if I fall into that water. : Nervous and anxious. x x Wearing-What she is wearing in the picture (Pink Sweater), black robes over it. x x OOC- Feel free to say hi.

Genevieve in the beauty of the sight before her, so when the boat rocked harshly it was no surprise that she instinctively reached out grabbing onto Henry. The distant color of her eyes suddenly shimmered to life as she glared harshly at the new intruder. She realized her grip on Henry, once again settling int her seat as her racing heart died down.

It was only when the boy spoke that she looked up again, a distasteful look on her face, not for him but his actions. Out of all people he ha to bother her, scoffing to herself she took a glance at the castle, hoping they were closer to getting off the damn boats. The boy seemed to have done it purposely, with the smug look on his face she had no doubt.
"Well that depends, before your arrival I would say I was doing swell, now I am not entirely sure." She responded with her bratty tone and fake smile trying to keep herself from throwing him overboard But after a few seconds of silence she had calmed and turn to look at him again. "Genevieve, can't say it is a pleasure to meet you quite yet." She said, smirking herself now as she finally introduced herself.

murruelecreuset
mc2
Devlyn Maycry
hulusis

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games