Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:04 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The Sorting Hat

Miss GryffindorK
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

xx✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Hogwarts Castle - Great Hall
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Macie, everyone else
xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Sorting Cermony
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Why is everyone and their mother here to watch?!

Elijah had spent the entire trip fidgeting nervously. He was lucky it was just her, because he couldn't control his impulses very well, and kept accidentally taking small things, like candies and at one point a pen that he wasn't sure she'd brought along. Weird. After the train, they were corralled off to a spooky lake to ride some wooden boats that looked entirely unsafe. After that, they were led up to the castle. He'd been inside a castle before as part of their adventures, but it was never anything quite like this. He grinned at his sister, though when he looked beyond her at the bajillion students beyond, he found himself even more nervous. He didn't want to be displayed in front of everyone! Subconsciously, he looked down, making sure he was fully clothed. He'd had that naked-in-front-of-everyone dream before, and wanted to make sure this was real. Green eyes flicked around, waiting on their names. He was called first, so he curled his hands into his pockets and hurried to the front. He sat on the stool and let the hat sit upon his head. How did this work again? Would it read his mind?! Worse yet, would the hat think he was a total weirdo? He really hoped not...

xxx𝓟𝒆𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂xxx

xxxxxAᴍʙɪᴛɪᴏᴜs:
                                                                Elijah's got big dreams, and he loves working toward making them a reality. Sometimes his dreams are a bit wild, but he doesn't care at all, and in fact likes to think up crazy scenarios to achieve mundane ideals and vice versa.
                                                                xxxxxRᴇʟɪᴀʙʟᴇ:
                                                                Elijah can always be counted upon for anything. He never makes a promise he won't keep, and will often go out of his way for the sake of an earlier promise. He holds his word at very high value, and makes certain he always follows through. Having to break promises makes him very upset, so he tries to achieve them at any means.
                                                                xxxxxExᴄɪᴛᴀʙʟᴇ:
                                                                Everything seems to excite Elijah. Whether it's getting the mail or new socks, he's always happy to do things. To others, they might seem boring, even droll, but never to Lija. He takes pleasures in the simplest of things, and sometimes boasts about his joy, even if others get confused by it.
                                                                xxxxxCʀᴇᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ:
                                                                Elijah always has creative solutions to odd problems, even the ones he makes up. Sometimes his illogical thinking lands him in trouble, but he's pretty good at coming up with neat ways to make himself and others happy, even out of bad circumstances.
                                                                xxxxxOᴘᴇɴ:
                                                                Due in part to his oblivious nature, Elijah is incredibly open about everything in life. He is always one to blurt out exactly how he's feeling, what's on his mind, and sometimes even accidentally land himself in hot water for his lack of thinking before he speaks. He has no problem telling everyone everything, and for that, isn't a great secret-keeper.
                                                                xxxxxOʙʟɪᴠɪᴏᴜs:
                                                                It takes a lot for Elijah to notice things. Subtlety is his biggest enemy. It is best to be a bit blunt with him, since it's highly doubtful he'd pick up on any hints dropped. This, paired with his kleptomania makes for a bad combination. Sometimes he says or does things a bit inappropriate for the situation, though he doesn't usually notice that he is the oddball of the room.

I sᴘᴇɴᴛ ᴍʏ ʟɪꜰᴇ ʙᴇᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ ɪɴᴠɪsɪʙʟᴇ. Iᴛ’s ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀɪɴᴛᴀɪɴ ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ’s ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ʙʏ
          I ᴅᴏɴ’ᴛ ʀᴇᴄᴀʟʟ, ꜰɪɢʜᴛ ᴏʀ ꜰʟɪɢʜᴛ sᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ɪɴ, I ʜᴀᴅ ɴᴏ ɪɴᴛʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴ
          I ᴊᴜsᴛ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜᴇ ɪᴛ ɪɴ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀɪʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ’s ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
          I ᴏᴡᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ. Tʜᴀᴛ’s ᴀʟʟ I’ᴠᴇ ɢᴏᴛ ꜰᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ
          Aɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ’ʟʟ ʙᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ. Tʜᴀᴛ’s ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴍᴇ
          Sᴏ ʏᴏᴜ sᴇɴᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜɪɴ sᴀɪʟᴏʀ’s ᴋɴᴏᴛs
          Aɴᴅ I ꜰᴇᴀʀ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀɴᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴇɪɢʜᴛ ᴏꜰ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs
          Mʏ ꜰᴏᴏᴛsᴛᴇᴘs ɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴡᴏɴ’ᴛ ᴇᴄʜᴏ ᴛᴏᴏ ʟᴏᴜᴅʟʏ

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Well well, you're quite the interesting mind
I'm not sure 'weirdo' is the right word, however
Unique, I think, is a better one
And I do believe they'll appreciate that about you in

Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:06 pm
The Sorting Hat

Devlyn Maycry
FORMAT COMING SOON PLEASE EXCUSE MY LACK OF PREPAREDNESS

MACIE BEAUMONT -- UNSORTED -- FIRST YEAR

Macie arrived at the great Hall with the estimate of the students. She was feeling a bit nervous and a bit excited. She wasn't sure where she was going and she only hoped her and her brother weren't split up. She had grown up with him all her life... she wasn't sure what it would be like to be apart from hjm. She supposed even if they were separated into different houses they still would be able to spend loads of time together though, so she was probably worrying for no reason. With a deep breath she stepped forward as her name was called.

■ SPORADIC Macie is sporadic and spontaneous. She never has plans and even when she does have plans she usually veers off course long before they are even close to being complete. She doesn't mind this though, she actually quite enjoys it. 
■ LOUD Macie is loud. She's always talking, or laughing, or squealing. She is always making noise, and the family home is never quiet because of this. When it is quiet she gets bored and lonely. 
■ CREATIVE Macie, like her mother and brother, is creative. She's always thinking of new ideas and learning new things to express herself. She loves to paint and adores writing just like her mother. 
■ OBSERVANT Macie is very observant. She notices the smallest changes in people and the environment around her. Especially her brother. She can catch him doing something before even he knows he's doing it... but they are twins. She figures its that psychokinetic connection or whatever. 
■ EXCITABLE Macie is very excitable. Even the smallest surprise gets her going and its hard to stop her once she starts. She is always happy to try new things. 
■ RELIABLE Macie is very reliable.
She can be counted on for anything and is always the friend that is there to lean on when needed. She will never break a promise. 

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
You worry too much, my dear
It'll take more than different houses to keep you apart
Now then, let's see... For you, I think

Ravenclaw!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:08 pm
The Sorting Hat

Winsome Fey
                                                                Was there ever any question
                                                                On how much I could take?
                                                                You kept feeding me your bullshit
                                                                Hoping I would break

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Where am I? Great Hall
                                                                Who am I with? Everyone
                                                                What am I doing? Being Sorted
                                                                What am I thinking? I wonder where I'll go...
                                                                What am I wearing? First Year

Despite being younger than Byron, Blair's name came first in the alphabet. However, it still jarred Blair a bit to hear it come before Byron's, making the younger twin look over to his brother briefly before taking a seat on the stool. He felt the hat lower onto his head before frowning, wondering where the hat was going to sort him. He doubted he was Gryffindor material, and Hufflepuff seemed unlikely as well. However, he wasnt sure he wanted to go to Slytherin or Ravenclaw, Slytherin because of its reputation and Ravenclaw because while it seemed like the best fit, he wasn't sure if he wanted to follow his family's tradition. He sighed, hoping that the hat would decide his fate quickly.

QUIET
                                                                xxx»» Blair is quiet, not speaking unless spoken to and often not speaking unless the person is being respectful. He ignores those that are acting rudely, and maintains a distance from rowdy individuals as a result. He also tends to spend long stretches of time by himself, unless he is with his brother.

RESENTFUL
                                                                xxx»» Blair is also quite resentful. Ever since he was young, he always was told he was the second-born and thus was the 'spare heir'. He doesn't like it when he is thrust into the spotlight and forced into situations he doesn't like. He is most resentful toward his brother, who, through no fault of his own, thrust the spotlight on him when they were younger and Blair hasn't been able to escape it since.

INTELLIGENT
                                                                xxx»» Blair is rather intelligent and doesn't have to work hard to accomplish anything academically. He has an easy time with studies, and can complete complex problems with ease. He also has an easy time figuring out puzzles of all kinds and loves to stretch his mental prowess.

CREATIVE
                                                                xxx»» Blair is also creative. He loves to create, and enjoys drawing and painting quite often. However, this is tempered because his parents don't feel it is becoming of their children to pursue any sort of artistic pursuit, feeling it a waste of their talent.

SOPHISTICATED
                                                                xxx»» Blair was raised to be an exemplary young man, minding his manners and knowing how to act appropriately in all social situations. He rarely acts in a manner that could get him in trouble, and finds others that act in such a way boorish.

STIFLED
                                                                xxx»» All in all, Blair is rather stifled. He rarely gets to act in what he feels is how he wants to be, often bowing to his parents' expectations. They were the ones that emphasized that, while he was the second son, he could easily inherit should something happens to his brother. As a result, he has learned to wear a mask to hide his true thoughts and feelings.

OOC:

Is there anybody out there?
                                                                Is there anyone who cares?
                                                                Is there anybody listening?
                                                                Will they hear my final prayers?

Tradition? Bah!
I don't sort people because of who their parents were, my boy
You can rest assured, wherever you go, it's on your merits and yours alone
That said, I do believe you'll find yourself best suited for

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:10 pm
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
I O N A D U F F Y
First Year Unsorted
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

xFeeling: Nervous
xLocation: Great Hall
xWith: Everyone
xStatus: Single

Iona had managed to not talk to a single soul on the entire trip from London to the school, having done so by sitting alone with a book to help her ignore everyone. But now she was here and there were a lot of people. Yay, one of my least favorite situations, she thought to herself. When her name was called, Iona moved out of the crush of students, thankful to finally get this over. She sat and waited for the hat's decision.

Out of Character: {...}

SMART Above all else, Iona is smart, but more than that, the thirst for knowledge was drilled into her head at a young age. She was raised speaking English, French and Spanish. When she started her tutelage, she was also taught Latin. Iona wants to learn everything she can.
STUDIOUS Studies are first on her list, putting aside all other cares. If her grades were to slip a little, Iona would be in trouble. So she focuses on studying more than anything.
MUSICAL As part of her upbringing, her mother insisted she learn to play a musical instrument, and faced with her choices, she picked the violin. She plays it well, but that doesn't necessarily mean that she likes it.
ATHLETIC Her father insisted that part of being a well rounded young girl was physical activity. He instructed her in the physical, preferring that she participate in gymnastics. But she quickly drew interest in Quidditch.
CREATIVE In the course of her studies, Iona discovered she could write a lot. Creative writing and musical creativity though, when she tried painting and drawing, she wasn't very good at it.
RESERVED Iona doesn't really like to discuss herself much, or talk that much in general. In conversation, she tends to focus on others and get evasive if people ask questions about her. She also doesn't overly show emotion unless it's a very strong emotion.

Summer II

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:10 pm
The Sorting Hat

Diamond Wales
User Image
                                                  My accidental happily ever after
                                                  The way you smile and how you comfort me with your laughter
                                                  I must admit you were not a part of my book
                                                  But now if you open it up and take a look
                                                  You're the beginning and the end of every chapter

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

𝕌𝕟𝕤𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕖𝕕 || 𝔽𝕚𝕣𝕤𝕥 𝕐𝕖𝕒𝕣 || 𝕄𝕦𝕘𝕘𝕝𝕖𝕓𝕠𝕣𝕟

════════════════════════

Izzy was of course the first of the Hawthorne kids called, but she felt nervous as she stood there waiting for it. She wasn't sure what the hat was going to say, especially since besides Aunt Nell, no one else in the Ellis family had really gone to Hogwarts. Well, besides her cousins, but they didn't count in this case. Most of them were still attending school, after all. The Hawthornes were mostly in two houses, making it hard for her to figure out what the others were like. Izzy decided to take a seat and wait for the hat to descend. thinking that if nothing else, the hat would figure out a good place for her to go.

Quote:
                                                  ◊ BOLD Izzy is not one that allows people to speak for her. She has a mind, and is willing to say what's on it when she wants to. She has no problem with speaking up when she needs to.
                                                  ◊ FRIENDLY Izzy is pretty friendly when she wants to be. She will strike up conversations with people without hesitating, and be there for people when they need it. She's always there with an open ear for those she is close to, and won't hesitate to be there for strangers either when the situation calls for it.
                                                  ◊ STUBBORN Izy is particularly stubborn. She won't be swayed easily if she doesn't want to be, and sometimes it takes her a while for her to change her mind. She can hold quite a grudge if she feels the person is deserving of it as a result.
                                                  ◊ COURAGEOUS Izzy is quite brave, often putting herself into trouble to help people. She doesn't hesitate when her friends or family are in trouble, and will often face down danger when she needs to. It's not a lack of fear that drives this, but rather a strong feeling of protectiveness coming from when she lost her mother.
                                                  ◊ INTELLIGENT Izzy is quite intelligent and observant. She can easily read people, and has no problem with solving problems presented to her. Because of this, she is hard to fool and can pinpoint lies easily enough.
                                                  ◊ FREE-THINKING Izzy likes to form her own opinions of things, and would like to have evidence given to her regarding things. She hates it when people try and impose their beliefs on her, as she wants to establish them herself.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Okay hat, do your worst!
                                                  OOC:

You're the best thing I never knew I needed
                                                  So when you were here I had no idea
                                                  You the best thing I never knew I needed
                                                  So now it's so clear, I need you here always

Well now, dear, that is what I'm here for, after all
And I assure you, my worst isn't something you need to worry about
I think you'll do quite well in

Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:11 pm
The Sorting Hat

Summer II
I O N A D U F F Y
First Year Unsorted

xFeeling: Nervous
xLocation: Great Hall
xWith: Everyone
xStatus: Single

Iona had managed to not talk to a single soul on the entire trip from London to the school, having done so by sitting alone with a book to help her ignore everyone. But now she was here and there were a lot of people. Yay, one of my least favorite situations, she thought to herself. When her name was called, Iona moved out of the crush of students, thankful to finally get this over. She sat and waited for the hat's decision.

Out of Character: {...}

SMART Above all else, Iona is smart, but more than that, the thirst for knowledge was drilled into her head at a young age. She was raised speaking English, French and Spanish. When she started her tutelage, she was also taught Latin. Iona wants to learn everything she can.
STUDIOUS Studies are first on her list, putting aside all other cares. If her grades were to slip a little, Iona would be in trouble. So she focuses on studying more than anything.
MUSICAL As part of her upbringing, her mother insisted she learn to play a musical instrument, and faced with her choices, she picked the violin. She plays it well, but that doesn't necessarily mean that she likes it.
ATHLETIC Her father insisted that part of being a well rounded young girl was physical activity. He instructed her in the physical, preferring that she participate in gymnastics. But she quickly drew interest in Quidditch.
CREATIVE In the course of her studies, Iona discovered she could write a lot. Creative writing and musical creativity though, when she tried painting and drawing, she wasn't very good at it.
RESERVED Iona doesn't really like to discuss herself much, or talk that much in general. In conversation, she tends to focus on others and get evasive if people ask questions about her. She also doesn't overly show emotion unless it's a very strong emotion.

Don't worry, dear, this won't take long
Yes, I can see, you're definitely a

Ravenclaw!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Fuzzymelonlord

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:10 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Company
Miranda and fellow 1st years
Mood
Eager

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Ariel felt his breath hitch into his throat when he heard his name called, he cast a glance over to his sister and gave her a small reassuring grin before he made his way to the stool.

Taking a seat he muttered softly to the hat."If possible could you put me in the same house as Miranda? I don't think she would be well off without me" this was only partially true, sure he did think that he and Miranda would be better off in the same house....but he also didn't really like the idea of being separated from his elder sister.

TRAIT Patient Ariel has the patience of a saint, especially considering his sister has no patience at all. Because he has dealt with her all of his life, he has grown accustomed to having to wait for people to be honest with him or for someone to calm down. Because of this he doesn’t easily lose his temper
TRAIT Kind-Hearted Ariel rarely holds grudges and tends to forgive people a bit to easily. He honestly believes that there is good in everyone. This does make him seem very naive.
TRAIT Gullible This boy will believe just about anything he is told. If he doesn’t have evidence to throw back at someone, then he will believe that he is being told the truth.
TRAIT Cultured Along with the different languages he has learned, Ariel made it a point to also learn about the cultures of the different places. He liked the idea of learning about the many different societies that he could communicate with.
TRAIT Observant Ariel likes to think that he is pretty good at reading people at least once he learns their tells. He can read his family as if they were open books but the only person he really confronts about their actions is his sister.
TRAIT Private Ariel isn’t one for oversharing. He likes keeping his personal life to himself unless he truly knows someone. He doesn’t have anything to hide he just doesn’t want everyone to know his business. This also causes him to keep his feelings to himself most of the time, especially if he is upset.
Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:32 pm
The Sorting Hat

Fuzzymelonlord
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Company
Miranda and fellow 1st years
Mood
Eager

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Ariel felt his breath hitch into his throat when he heard his name called, he cast a glance over to his sister and gave her a small reassuring grin before he made his way to the stool.

Taking a seat he muttered softly to the hat."If possible could you put me in the same house as Miranda? I don't think she would be well off without me" this was only partially true, sure he did think that he and Miranda would be better off in the same house....but he also didn't really like the idea of being separated from his elder sister.

TRAIT Patient Ariel has the patience of a saint, especially considering his sister has no patience at all. Because he has dealt with her all of his life, he has grown accustomed to having to wait for people to be honest with him or for someone to calm down. Because of this he doesn’t easily lose his temper
TRAIT Kind-Hearted Ariel rarely holds grudges and tends to forgive people a bit to easily. He honestly believes that there is good in everyone. This does make him seem very naive.
TRAIT Gullible This boy will believe just about anything he is told. If he doesn’t have evidence to throw back at someone, then he will believe that he is being told the truth.
TRAIT Cultured Along with the different languages he has learned, Ariel made it a point to also learn about the cultures of the different places. He liked the idea of learning about the many different societies that he could communicate with.
TRAIT Observant Ariel likes to think that he is pretty good at reading people at least once he learns their tells. He can read his family as if they were open books but the only person he really confronts about their actions is his sister.
TRAIT Private Ariel isn’t one for oversharing. He likes keeping his personal life to himself unless he truly knows someone. He doesn’t have anything to hide he just doesn’t want everyone to know his business. This also causes him to keep his feelings to himself most of the time, especially if he is upset.
Quote:

Such concern for your sister!
You're a kind soul, I can see that
Hm, yes, and I think you'll do quite well in

Hufflepuff!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Fuzzymelonlord

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:26 am
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Company
Ariel and fellow first years
Mood
Tense

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Miranda watched as her brother was sorted, her arms crossed over her chest and a heavy stare fixated on the stupid hat. As her brother made his way towards his new house and classmates she heard her own named called.

Taking a seat on the stool she clenched her hands into her lap and muttered to the hat. "Any house but Hufflepuff would be fantastic." It wasn't that Miranda didn't want to be in the same house as her brother, but she had lived with him for 11 years now she needed a break from his shadow. This school, it was her time to finally beat him, her time to shine and she wasn't going to let anyone take that away from her.

TRAIT Stubborn Miranda doesn’t back down from anyone once she has set herself to something. Even if someone has obvious evidence that her way of thinking is wrong or that she has incorrect information, the girl will almost always refuse to admit that she is wrong.
TRAIT Aggressive Miranda isn’t one to mince words or hold back her actions. If something makes her mad, she is going to say or do something about it. If someone insults her brother, they’ll probably end up with the other party getting a bruised ego or a bloody nose. She will explode to anything that angers her.
TRAIT Determined Her determination is just about as strong as her stubbornness and it pairs well together since she won’t stop until she has accomplished whatever goal she has set out for herself, be it making a higher grade than her brother on a test (which...doesn’t happen as often as she would like), to something simple like reading a whole book in one night. She doesn’t let things get in her way.
TRAIT Ambitious Simply put, Miranda wants to be the best for no other reason than to simply say she is better. Years of living in her twin brother’s shadow has made her strive to do better than him.
TRAIT Protective Once you’ve gotten close to Miranda she will stick up for you, the only person she is currently like this with is her younger twin brother(despite her undying need to be better than him). She doesn’t let people talk bad about people she cares about. If there is a situation where this happens she will retaliate, most likely with a fist or a cruel comment.
TRAIT Self-Critical Despite all her outward aggression, she has quite a bit of internalized aggression as well. She tends to get down on herself when she isn’t first, or doesn’t have the highest grade. This usually causes her to act more aggressive than usual.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:28 pm
The Sorting Hat

Fuzzymelonlord
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Company
Ariel and fellow first years
Mood
Tense

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Miranda watched as her brother was sorted, her arms crossed over her chest and a heavy stare fixated on the stupid hat. As her brother made his way towards his new house and classmates she heard her own named called.

Taking a seat on the stool she clenched her hands into her lap and muttered to the hat. "Any house but Hufflepuff would be fantastic." It wasn't that Miranda didn't want to be in the same house as her brother, but she had lived with him for 11 years now she needed a break from his shadow. This school, it was her time to finally beat him, her time to shine and she wasn't going to let anyone take that away from her.

TRAIT Stubborn Miranda doesn’t back down from anyone once she has set herself to something. Even if someone has obvious evidence that her way of thinking is wrong or that she has incorrect information, the girl will almost always refuse to admit that she is wrong.
TRAIT Aggressive Miranda isn’t one to mince words or hold back her actions. If something makes her mad, she is going to say or do something about it. If someone insults her brother, they’ll probably end up with the other party getting a bruised ego or a bloody nose. She will explode to anything that angers her.
TRAIT Determined Her determination is just about as strong as her stubbornness and it pairs well together since she won’t stop until she has accomplished whatever goal she has set out for herself, be it making a higher grade than her brother on a test (which...doesn’t happen as often as she would like), to something simple like reading a whole book in one night. She doesn’t let things get in her way.
TRAIT Ambitious Simply put, Miranda wants to be the best for no other reason than to simply say she is better. Years of living in her twin brother’s shadow has made her strive to do better than him.
TRAIT Protective Once you’ve gotten close to Miranda she will stick up for you, the only person she is currently like this with is her younger twin brother(despite her undying need to be better than him). She doesn’t let people talk bad about people she cares about. If there is a situation where this happens she will retaliate, most likely with a fist or a cruel comment.
TRAIT Self-Critical Despite all her outward aggression, she has quite a bit of internalized aggression as well. She tends to get down on herself when she isn’t first, or doesn’t have the highest grade. This usually causes her to act more aggressive than usual.

Ah, well this is new
Siblings usually want to stick together, not be apart
But, no fear, child, you're certainly not your brother
No, I believe you're better suited for

Gryffindor!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:20 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                  ωнєи тнє ℓєα∂єя σf тнє вα∂ gυуѕ ѕαиg ѕσмєтнιиg ѕσfт
                                                  αи∂ ѕσαкє∂ ιи ραιи, ι нєαя∂ тнє є¢нσ fяσм нιѕ ѕє¢яєт нι∂єαωαу
                                                  нє мυѕт'νє fσяgσт тσ ¢ℓσѕє нιѕ ∂σσя
                                                  αѕ нє ¢яαикє∂ συт тнσѕє ∂ιѕмαℓ ¢нσя∂ѕ
                                                  αи∂ нιѕ fσυя ωαℓℓѕ ∂є¢ℓαяє∂ нιм ιиѕαиє

spaceCharley's expression morphed into a faint glare as her named was called. She didn't want to do this, to be in the middle of the Great Hall with everyone's eyes on her. Hopefully she was a quick sort. It shouldn't take the hat long, she wasn't a complicated person. Straightforward. Then again, she wasn't quite sure where she'd end up, other than that it wouldn't be Hufflepuff. She reasoned it was likely that she'd be a Ravenclaw like her uncle, since they were quite similar, despite his... eccentricity. Slytherin was also an option. Perhaps even Gryffindor, if the hat was feeling cheeky... Well, now she'd just gone and confused herself again.

spaceIt didn't matter, she thought, settling onto the stool so the hat could be place on her head. It would be over shortly. Never mind that she hated this, hated everyone's eyes on her. She wanted to be sorted and to join her new housemates and sink into her thoughts. Her hands twitched, itching to grab the lock that rested in her robe pocket. She wanted to take it out, to fiddle with the mechanism while the hat worked. But surely she wouldn't be up here long enough to warrant it? She certainly hoped not. She wasn't complicated. Sorting her should be easy.

ι ∂σи'т киσω ιf тнιѕ ѕσиg ιѕ α ѕυяяєи∂єя σя α яєνєℓ
                                                  ι ∂σи'т киσω ιf тнιѕ σиє ιѕ αвσυт мє σя тнє ∂єνιℓ
                                                  уσυ'яє тнє נυ∂gє, σн иσ, ѕєт мє fяєє
                                                  ι киσω му ѕσυℓ'ѕ fяєєzιиg, нєℓℓ'ѕ нσт fσя gσσ∂ яєαѕσи
                                                  ѕσ ρℓєαѕє

wнere - Head of the Great Hall
                                                  wнen - Sorting Ceremony 2040
                                                  wιтн - The Sorting Hat
                                                  - ooc -
                                                  Personality under spoiler

INDUSTRIOUS
                                                  xxx»» Charley doesn't like to waste time doing nothing. She prefers to always be active, either mentally or physically, it doesn't really matter. She enjoys being challenged and finds it hard to focus when she isn't. It's often a struggle to keep her attention on something that doesn't make her think or present her with a problem to solve. She keeps books of riddles, brain teasers, and puzzles on hand at all times, as well as carrying a small collection of locks, so that if she finds herself bored, she has something to occupy herself with.

RETICENT
                                                  xxx»» Charley doesn't like to mince words or waste time with smalltalk. If forced into it, she will answer in as few syllables as possible, and often very readily convey her lack of interest in the topic at hand. When she's actually interested in what's being said, she prefers to listen than to contribute, though she will happily offer her two cents if she thinks it's necessary. Typically, such interjections are reserved for when someone says something factually inaccurate. She rarely bothers to offer opinions, unless what's being said is exceptionally idiotic.

HARSH
                                                  xxx»» Charley generally finds things like tact to be a waste of time, prioritizing someone's feelings over what needs to be said and done. As such, she doesn't like to bother with it. She'd much rather state things outright and deal with the consequences. To her mind, what's being said is going to be said eventually, and trying to find nicer words to say it rarely changes the reaction. Of course, this only applies when she actually realizes that someone might be hurt by what she has to say, which admittedly isn't always the case. She's a very frank person, and not very emotional, so sometimes it simply doesn't occur to her that her words might hurt.

CURIOUS
                                                  xxx»» Charley is a sponge, constantly seeking new things to absorb. She can't seem to keep her nose out of things, always watching and listening to the world around her, even when she really shouldn't be. It rarely occurs to her that a conversation might be private until it's too late, but she fails to see a problem with this since she's not prone to gossip. She likewise tends to completely ignore boundaries, poking around in other people's things to learn about them, despite a general lack of interest in interacting with them. She'd rather learn by observing than by interacting. She reads voraciously and usually has anywhere from three to six books stacked on her bedside table. She rarely bothers with fiction, finding it pointless, though she can be swayed with the argument that it's a study of human psychology, provided the book is well written.

PERCEPTIVE
                                                  xxx»» Because she spends so much time watching and learning, Charley tends to see things that others don't. While she's not particularly good at dealing with people, she nonetheless is excellent at noticing the changes in their behaviors, and in reasoning why those changes have occurred. She rarely does anything with the information, preferring to file it away in the case it eventually becomes important or useful to her.

WITHDRAWN
                                                  xxx»» Charley isn't exactly shy so much as she is uninterested in the world around her. She'd rather poke her nose into a book or act as a spectator to her own life than actually be involved in much of anything. She rarely engages in social interactions, seeing no point in them if they don't serve some higher purpose. If she sees some way that she benefits from the interaction, she will engage, but for the most part she remains in her own head.

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:48 am
The Sorting Hat

Cara MiaKitty
User ImageUser Image

ωнєи тнє ℓєα∂єя σf тнє вα∂ gυуѕ ѕαиg ѕσмєтнιиg ѕσfт
                                                  αи∂ ѕσαкє∂ ιи ραιи, ι нєαя∂ тнє є¢нσ fяσм нιѕ ѕє¢яєт нι∂єαωαу
                                                  нє мυѕт'νє fσяgσт тσ ¢ℓσѕє нιѕ ∂σσя
                                                  αѕ нє ¢яαикє∂ συт тнσѕє ∂ιѕмαℓ ¢нσя∂ѕ
                                                  αи∂ нιѕ fσυя ωαℓℓѕ ∂є¢ℓαяє∂ нιм ιиѕαиє

spaceCharley's expression morphed into a faint glare as her named was called. She didn't want to do this, to be in the middle of the Great Hall with everyone's eyes on her. Hopefully she was a quick sort. It shouldn't take the hat long, she wasn't a complicated person. Straightforward. Then again, she wasn't quite sure where she'd end up, other than that it wouldn't be Hufflepuff. She reasoned it was likely that she'd be a Ravenclaw like her uncle, since they were quite similar, despite his... eccentricity. Slytherin was also an option. Perhaps even Gryffindor, if the hat was feeling cheeky... Well, now she'd just gone and confused herself again.

spaceIt didn't matter, she thought, settling onto the stool so the hat could be place on her head. It would be over shortly. Never mind that she hated this, hated everyone's eyes on her. She wanted to be sorted and to join her new housemates and sink into her thoughts. Her hands twitched, itching to grab the lock that rested in her robe pocket. She wanted to take it out, to fiddle with the mechanism while the hat worked. But surely she wouldn't be up here long enough to warrant it? She certainly hoped not. She wasn't complicated. Sorting her should be easy.

ι ∂σи'т киσω ιf тнιѕ ѕσиg ιѕ α ѕυяяєи∂єя σя α яєνєℓ
                                                  ι ∂σи'т киσω ιf тнιѕ σиє ιѕ αвσυт мє σя тнє ∂єνιℓ
                                                  уσυ'яє тнє נυ∂gє, σн иσ, ѕєт мє fяєє
                                                  ι киσω му ѕσυℓ'ѕ fяєєzιиg, нєℓℓ'ѕ нσт fσя gσσ∂ яєαѕσи
                                                  ѕσ ρℓєαѕє

wнere - Head of the Great Hall
                                                  wнen - Sorting Ceremony 2040
                                                  wιтн - The Sorting Hat
                                                  - ooc -
                                                  Personality under spoiler

INDUSTRIOUS
                                                  xxx»» Charley doesn't like to waste time doing nothing. She prefers to always be active, either mentally or physically, it doesn't really matter. She enjoys being challenged and finds it hard to focus when she isn't. It's often a struggle to keep her attention on something that doesn't make her think or present her with a problem to solve. She keeps books of riddles, brain teasers, and puzzles on hand at all times, as well as carrying a small collection of locks, so that if she finds herself bored, she has something to occupy herself with.

RETICENT
                                                  xxx»» Charley doesn't like to mince words or waste time with smalltalk. If forced into it, she will answer in as few syllables as possible, and often very readily convey her lack of interest in the topic at hand. When she's actually interested in what's being said, she prefers to listen than to contribute, though she will happily offer her two cents if she thinks it's necessary. Typically, such interjections are reserved for when someone says something factually inaccurate. She rarely bothers to offer opinions, unless what's being said is exceptionally idiotic.

HARSH
                                                  xxx»» Charley generally finds things like tact to be a waste of time, prioritizing someone's feelings over what needs to be said and done. As such, she doesn't like to bother with it. She'd much rather state things outright and deal with the consequences. To her mind, what's being said is going to be said eventually, and trying to find nicer words to say it rarely changes the reaction. Of course, this only applies when she actually realizes that someone might be hurt by what she has to say, which admittedly isn't always the case. She's a very frank person, and not very emotional, so sometimes it simply doesn't occur to her that her words might hurt.

CURIOUS
                                                  xxx»» Charley is a sponge, constantly seeking new things to absorb. She can't seem to keep her nose out of things, always watching and listening to the world around her, even when she really shouldn't be. It rarely occurs to her that a conversation might be private until it's too late, but she fails to see a problem with this since she's not prone to gossip. She likewise tends to completely ignore boundaries, poking around in other people's things to learn about them, despite a general lack of interest in interacting with them. She'd rather learn by observing than by interacting. She reads voraciously and usually has anywhere from three to six books stacked on her bedside table. She rarely bothers with fiction, finding it pointless, though she can be swayed with the argument that it's a study of human psychology, provided the book is well written.

PERCEPTIVE
                                                  xxx»» Because she spends so much time watching and learning, Charley tends to see things that others don't. While she's not particularly good at dealing with people, she nonetheless is excellent at noticing the changes in their behaviors, and in reasoning why those changes have occurred. She rarely does anything with the information, preferring to file it away in the case it eventually becomes important or useful to her.

WITHDRAWN
                                                  xxx»» Charley isn't exactly shy so much as she is uninterested in the world around her. She'd rather poke her nose into a book or act as a spectator to her own life than actually be involved in much of anything. She rarely engages in social interactions, seeing no point in them if they don't serve some higher purpose. If she sees some way that she benefits from the interaction, she will engage, but for the most part she remains in her own head.

Quote:

So you wish for this to be over quickly, eh?
I can't fault you for that,
No, with as inquisitive a mind as you have,
I believe you would fit in well in...

Ravenclaw!

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:21 pm
User Image
                                                  The more I stray the less I fear
                                                  And the more I reach the more I fade away
                                                  The darkness right in front of me
                                                  Oh it's calling out and I won't walk away

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Uɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ || Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ || Hᴀʟꜰʙʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Dean took a seat one the stool the moment that someone had indicated his name had been called. Not that he blamed the professor if she got frustrated though. It was hardly her fault he couldn't hear her calling his name. Besides, he was just excited to go to school with Whitney, and he was having a hard time concealing it. Hopefully the hat would sort him quickly, he thought.

◊ AMBITIOUS When Dean sets his mind to doing something, he wants to do it, and will do what he needs to to make sure it's accomplished. He won't go to extreme lengths to make sure his goals are met, but he won't let much get in the way.
                                                  ◊ MISCHIEVOUS Dean is rather mischievous, often pulling pranks or telling jokes. He often will use his deafness to prank people, often by either pretending that he lost his hearing aids when he's actually wearing them, teaching hearing people the wrong signs for things, or by offering to lipread and getting the conversation he's eavesdropping on completely wrong. He often does this to get a laugh and enjoys the look on people's faces when they realize what happened.
                                                  ◊ CLEVER Dean is actually pretty clever. He can come up with ideas on the spot, and often has no problems with school. He also enjoys finding out new things and new ways to do things, since he figured that he needs to improvise sometimes to get the results he wants.
                                                  ◊ CONTRARY Dean, with his mischievous nature, also likes to act contrary to what people expects. People will expect one thing, and he will do the complete opposite. He doesn't like being bossed around, and will often do the opposite of what the other person wants if they try it with him.
                                                  ◊ VINDICTIVE Dean has a bit of a vindictive streak in him. He believes if you've done wrong, then you should get what you deserve. He doesn't like it when people get away with rudeness or cruelty, and will find humiliating ways to get back at the person responsible.
                                                  ◊ FRIENDLY Despite this, Dean is rather friendly. When he finds friends, he'll stand with them and do his upmost to help them out. He doesn't like it when his friends run into trouble, and will often help them out with problems they're having.

════════════════════════

Thinking: I wonder where I'm going.
                                                  OOC:

-◎-

I would always open up the door
                                                  Always looking up at higher floors
                                                  Want to see it all give me more
                                                  I was always up for making changes
                                                  Walking down the street meeting strangers
                                                  Flipping through my life turning pages

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:27 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Company
Fellow First Years
Mood
Curious

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Giselle watched as the many students that went before her were sorted into their new houses, did these things always take this long? She was mildly cursing the fact that her surname was so far back in the alphabet.

As she heard her name called, she was practically power walking to get to the stool. She wanted to know if she would be in the same house her father had been in or if she would be somewhere different. The possibility was rather exciting and she would have to tell Gerard about how strange the hat looked when she wrote a letter home. "Hello Mr. Hat, it must be exhausting to sort so many people, well exhausting and fun since you get to see so many new people. Am i right? which is it more? Exhausting or fun? "She let her mouth run off as she sat there, wanting to make sure she could answer any question Gerard could possibly fire at her.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                          OOC
                                                          Speak here

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

username goes here

Fuzzymelonlord

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:31 pm
The Sorting Hat

Diamond Wales
User Image
                                                  The more I stray the less I fear
                                                  And the more I reach the more I fade away
                                                  The darkness right in front of me
                                                  Oh it's calling out and I won't walk away

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Uɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ || Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ || Hᴀʟꜰʙʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Dean took a seat one the stool the moment that someone had indicated his name had been called. Not that he blamed the professor if she got frustrated though. It was hardly her fault he couldn't hear her calling his name. Besides, he was just excited to go to school with Whitney, and he was having a hard time concealing it. Hopefully the hat would sort him quickly, he thought.

◊ AMBITIOUS When Dean sets his mind to doing something, he wants to do it, and will do what he needs to to make sure it's accomplished. He won't go to extreme lengths to make sure his goals are met, but he won't let much get in the way.
                                                  ◊ MISCHIEVOUS Dean is rather mischievous, often pulling pranks or telling jokes. He often will use his deafness to prank people, often by either pretending that he lost his hearing aids when he's actually wearing them, teaching hearing people the wrong signs for things, or by offering to lipread and getting the conversation he's eavesdropping on completely wrong. He often does this to get a laugh and enjoys the look on people's faces when they realize what happened.
                                                  ◊ CLEVER Dean is actually pretty clever. He can come up with ideas on the spot, and often has no problems with school. He also enjoys finding out new things and new ways to do things, since he figured that he needs to improvise sometimes to get the results he wants.
                                                  ◊ CONTRARY Dean, with his mischievous nature, also likes to act contrary to what people expects. People will expect one thing, and he will do the complete opposite. He doesn't like being bossed around, and will often do the opposite of what the other person wants if they try it with him.
                                                  ◊ VINDICTIVE Dean has a bit of a vindictive streak in him. He believes if you've done wrong, then you should get what you deserve. He doesn't like it when people get away with rudeness or cruelty, and will find humiliating ways to get back at the person responsible.
                                                  ◊ FRIENDLY Despite this, Dean is rather friendly. When he finds friends, he'll stand with them and do his upmost to help them out. He doesn't like it when his friends run into trouble, and will often help them out with problems they're having.

════════════════════════

Thinking: I wonder where I'm going.
                                                  OOC:

-◎-

I would always open up the door
                                                  Always looking up at higher floors
                                                  Want to see it all give me more
                                                  I was always up for making changes
                                                  Walking down the street meeting strangers
                                                  Flipping through my life turning pages

Well, well, well, aren't you an interesting one
Sharp and quick, with an interesting sense of justice...
I think you'll do well in

Slytherin!

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games