Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Black Lake Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:26 pm
User Image
Seymour Benjamin Ryans
[UNSORTED]

Wand: Curupay Wood with a Pixie Wing Core, Pliable and Bent
Blood: three-quarters magical
Upcoming 1st Year

-----------------------------------------------------------

"I'm not sure about who my Dad's coworkers are. He talks more vaguely about his job than including names," Benjamin said in regards to Khia's mother and added, "Ah, my Dad's mum is a muggle. She found out fairly late apparently about grandpa being a wizard but was really cool about the whole thing. She just makes him do more housework now because he can do magic and she can't."

"As for my Mum if you went into the shop you probably did see her," Benjamin added. "She owns it and works in it whenever it is open. Red hair, has a glare that can flay your flesh-oh no, that is only if you do something like set off dung bombs or something in the shop or in the loft. Never mind the glare thing," he added with a laugh as the boat set off.

He listened as the girls mentioned quidditch, and though his Dad played it in school, Benjamin never paid much attention to it and his parents didn't seem to keep up all that much with it, though he supposed it might be fun in theory. When the two mentioned looking for BSL books Benjamin sighed and said, "Yeah, I'll just have Timothy teach me. The less I'm in the library the happier I'll be but I'm up for learning another language."

"As for quidditch I might actually be interested in it if it wasn't something else people would expect me to show up at some ridiculous set time for. Classes will be bad enough," He added with a smile, knowing Timothy would be horrified to hear Benjamin's theory about deadlines also applied to appointment times including set class times.

Yukina101
l_Shoobie_Doobie_l
khiaavess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:39 pm
User Image

User Image Location: Black Lake

Mira shrugged. “Then I suppose you could refuse to tell me.” She answered her expression remaining unchanged. Honestly Mira didn’t care if the red head told her or not. When she did however it made the blond girl think. Avery? Why did that sound familiar? Where’d she hear it before? Pushing the thought aside she didn’t see it to be that important. It would come to her eventually. “Well Wendy, I’m Mira Mitchell.” She replied falling silent. At least she shared her name with someone even if it was someone she really didn’t seem to overly enjoy.

When Gen came over and without waiting on a reply joined them in the boat followed by a boy, Mira smiled. Yes, the girl who took hardly ever smiled actually did.
“Hello again.” She spoke to Gen before looking over at the boy. He unlike the girl she remembered from Olivander’s waited for an answer. Of course as Mira expected Wendy made a comment that spelt Slytherin. Why did that bother her? “I’m Mira.” She said politely introducing herself to the two since she couldn’t remember if she introduced herself to Gen or not.

As they began to head across the lake, Mira held the lantern as she watched the castle get closer. It really was pretty big. Sure when you think castle, you generally think big but still she hoped she didn’t get lost. It certainly would be fun exploring the castle though. Her thoughts were disrupted when Jayden made his rather sudden entrance.
“Are you trying to tip us?” Mira asked not even trying to hide her annoyance. “I’m with her.” She agreed feeling as if she had been better before Jayden had done what he did. “And it’s Mira.”

User Image

With: Other first years... Wendy, Gen, Henry, and Jayden

Wearing: Plain Black Robs

OOC: ---

Spice the Rat

mc2
Devlyn Maycry
hulusis
fangbanger18

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

hulusis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:52 pm
User Image
User Image
First Year HouseHalf-Blood

you are a catch 22, either way i miss out
                                                      all of the grief i give you, is energy i can live without
                                                      but i could stand you one more night

xxxxx While Henry had been staring at the approaching castle, he'd failed to notice another first year chasing after them, who jumped into the boat Henry was in with the other girls. The boat rocked back and forth and Henry was so surprised that he gripped the side of the boat with both hands and looked around at source of the boat rocking. Henry didn't even realize that Genevieve was holding onto him, at least, not for the first couple of moments when Henry was still trying to find his bearings. "Jeez," he whispered, glancing at the boy.

xxxxxHe was a bit taller than Henry, but only when he was sitting. Henry wouldn't know if he was actually taller than Henry or not unless they both stood up and that last stunt and the rocking wasn't actually something Henry would like to repeat. The other boy had dark hair and Henry didn't need to hear him say anything to know that he was probably some cocky kid that thought that he had all the right money and that it could get him out of anything. He introduced himself as Jayden. It was the exact kind of pretentious name that he would expect out of a rich kid, not just the wizards, but muggles too. They all took turns introducing themselves to Jayden, and Henry caught the name of the one of the girls in the boat, Mira. He must have missed it last time, if she had introduced herself before. "Henry," he said with his lips forced into a tight expression. "And I'm alright." Henry watched Jayden's expression carefully as he spoke, watching how he would react to Henry speaking.

Where: the Lake
                                                      With: Genevieve, Mira, Jayden, & a girl.
                                                      Mood: Feeling like his old self.
                                                      OCC: I have to go back to school shopping -.- so see you guys later.
                                                      fangbanger18

murruelecreuset

mc2

Devlyn Maycry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:58 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

My silence was the silence, silence of rocks,
My silence, it was the silence of the stones,
Rocks and stones,
Rocks, stones and trees;
Of the landscapes
Full of ups and downs.

Timothy shrugged as both girls offered their apologies for not understanding sign language and then gave a large grin when they decided that they would just have to learn. When his sister told him he'd meet friends that wouldn't care he was different he believed her but he didn't really believe it. So he felt a small ball of warmth settle within him hearing them all talk about learning it just for him. Well...Benjamin saying he was just going to learn it from him instead of going to the library with the girls making him roll his eyes but still smile in thanks. Finally they were told they could get in a boat and head towards the castle so he climbed in after everyone else and got settled trying not to jump in excitement. Lily was still a bit surprised hearing about giant squids and merpeople so he didn't want to rock the boat too badly. He wrote another generalized note to show to both the girls and also Benjamin. "Thanks, and I'm sure the library would have some books on BSL, but I can also teach you myself along with Benjamin. It's not so hard after you've memorized the alphabet and a few simple words." he offered to them. When the topic switched over to quidditch he chuckled but didn't say anything (figuratively of course). He didn't mind the game, not a fanatic quite like Tanya, but he did enjoy watching it. Timothy groaned, silently, and slapped his palm to his face after hearing his friend talk once again about the perilous demands of a deadline. He swore he was going to get him one of those obnoxious watches that yelled at you for christmas if he kept that attitude! "I'm going to get through to you one day!" he scribbled for his friend and tore the note out for him.

After the all commotion, [Unsorted]
Ruffle and rustle, [Black Lake]
Saw I silence, [Seymour, Khiaave, Lillith]
All quiet and silently [Getting ready to go to school!]
Prevailing upon. [OOC]

mc2

l_Shoobie_Doobie_l

khiaavess

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

khiaavess

Sparkly Star

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:15 pm
User Image

Khiaave Lennox
First Year ~ Unsorted
Mixed Blood

Finally she turned her eyes back to her *hopefully* new friends, albeit a bit mesmerized as she was by the castle and its luminescence. Lilly's remark of the Restricted Section had certainly perked her ears. She was definitely happy to research the Library with her, though it seemed as though Benjamin was totally apposed to the idea. She deemed he was already pretty smart as it was anyway, but they could all still have fun doing other things. "I would love to hit the books with you Lilly! Do you think they'll let us first years in the restricted section? I bet we could get permission if not, two nice girls like us?" she giggled lightly in her high pixie voice.

"It would be so much fun, all learning BSL together! Imagine what we could do then! We could share secrets and talk right in front of everyone with not many others knowing what we said! Not exactly like our own secret language but close. Only if that is ok with you Timothy. I wonder if anyone else here knows it?" she chattered excitedly to the three, her voice rising and falling in pitch while beaming at them all in turn even when it meant turning about a bit. This movement wobbled the boat however and she stopped fidgeting immediately, her eyes growing a bit wide to look much like large green discs. "Oh my, I should be more careful" she added in a whisper. "I'm sorry, please excuse me" her head bowing slightly, trying not to disturb the boat; which strangely, she finally noticed, was suddenly moving all on it's own farther out onto the lake.

l_Shoobie_Doobie_l
Yukina101
mc2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:52 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxx

A bubble of laughter burst from the young boy's lips at everyone's reaction to his very sudden entrance. He grinned up at all of them, tapping fingers against his board with one hand and dangling the other over the side of the boat in the most nonchalant manner. "I'm quite sorry I disturbed all of your evenings." He apologized as they all seemed to reprimand him for appearing. Except the one girl, the red head who had yet to speak. Whatever she was thinking, he was sure to not care about anyways. He still had another firey red head caught in his mind.

"And no Mira, I wasn't trying to tip you. That would have ended just as badly for me as it would have for all you. As for why I made such a rude entrance.... well I'd rather not be left behind. I do want to get sorted after all." He smirked, his teeth poking out from between his lips in what could have almost been a fang like manner. He lifted a hand to scratch at his hair, pushing bangs out of his face once again before leaning back to stare up at the fast approaching castle. "It's pretty magnificent eh? Anyone scared of getting lost?" He'd find it hilarious if some poor bloke or gal did get lost, but he wasn't going to lie. It was one of his many worries. Hell he'd gotten lost a good few times back in his own home. The bloody place was a maze at the best of times.

hulusis

murruelecreuset

fangbanger18

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Clockwork Muse

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:02 pm
User Image
╔═..══════════╗
Rɪʏᴀ Mɪ
Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ
Uɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ
Hᴀʟғ-Vᴇᴇʟᴀ

╚══════════..═╝

Riya had managed to find herself a pretty good group of students, but ended up loosing them in the crowd. Oh well, it wasn't like she had known them before getting on the train. This was a night for making new friends, and that was just what the girl was going to do. Making friends really wasn't hard for her. It seemed to be just as natural as breathing really. Looking around, she tried to find a good boat to join. She didn't want to join one that was too full, but at the same time, she didn't want to join one that was too empty. The professor seemed to be getting ready to set off, and so, running short on time, Riya got into a boat with a little blond girl.

"Hello," she smiled politely. It was important to be friendly. Riya was about to continue on the conversation, when the boat lurched forward. Startled, she quickly grabbed the lantern. Hopefully the other girl wouldn't be too offended about any of this. Maybe she had wanted to be alone. "My name's Riya. What's yours?" she asked. The least she could do was try to befriend the girl.

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:11 pm
User Image
Location - Hogsmeade Stationx x x x Company- Wendy, Mira, Henry, Jayden x x Thoughts:Feelings - Just what I needed! I will murder that boy if I fall into that water. : Nervous and anxious. x x Wearing-What she is wearing in the picture (Pink Sweater), black robes over it. x x OOC- Feel free to say hi.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████████████ ███████ ██████████ ███████████████ ███████ ██████████ ███

Genevieve felt no surprise when the others agreed to her feelings. It was surely nothing personal against the boy but no one was really in the mood for a night dip. Gen looked over the blonde, Mira, and then at Henry, reading the emotions on her face. The red head had fallen silent, though you could tell how she was feeling by the look of her face.

The look on Gen's face when Jayden broke into laughter was of confusion. He must be mad... She thought, finding nothing as amusing to bring laughter. Apologizing didn't seem to suit him, she hardly found it genuine and just scoffed quietly. But his explanation made sense, he was late, still he could have done it in a more civil manner, right? Whatever the cause the moment had passed, Gen could care less how he got there or not. Her eyes found themselves lingering on him for a moment, that was till he spoke and the castle stole her gaze.
"Scared? Not really, I suppose if we were to get lost inside something would keep us entertained." Turning to Jayden she smirked, now adventure was something Gen could not love more, being a curious cat she would never mind getting lost. Leaning forward slightly as she spoke to him gave a questioning look."Think of all the wondrous secrets such a grand place has. She said with a hint of excitement before she shrugged her shoulders and broke her gaze with Jayden"Getting lost almost seems like a fun thought, unless you're afraid to get your hands dirty."Her eyes wandered over her new home, truly intrigued by the place,Just what secrets could such a place have.

████████████ ███████ ██████████ ███████████████ ███████ ██████████ ███

murruelecreuset
mc2
Devlyn Maycry
hulusis

fangbanger18

Gracious Millionaire

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:21 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Single
                                                          Looking Cute at the Lake with the First Years
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Confused
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ What's going to happen to me...? ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

I don't know where everyone goes; ❦ ❦ ❦xxx
                                                          It's not like us to follow. ❦ ❦ ❦xxxxxx
                                                          It seems that we are alone, ❦ ❦ ❦xxxxxxxxx
                                                          And don't know where to go. ❦ ❦ ❦xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spacePersephone blinked a bit as another girl joined her in her boat, caught a bit off-guard. She really shouldn't have been, after all, there were only so many boats, but it had still come as a surprise that someone had sat with her. After how awkward she and Lin's conversation on the trip to Hogsmeade had been (or, the first ten minutes, since the awkward had gotten so intense that they'd both just pulled out a book to read), she'd really not expected anyone to pay her any attention. Before she could reply, the boat lurched, and she sucked in a breath. The sudden movement had made her stumble a bit, which she hadn't even thought it was possible to do while sitting down. After a second, she looked back to the other girl, offering a small, shaky smile. "Um, I'm Persephone," she said, somewhat thankful that the darker-skinned girl hadn't offered her last name. It meant that Seph was free to follow suit. Not that she was ashamed of her name... or was she? In any case, the entire school would know it after the sorting. She could at least enjoy this little bit of time where no one knew who she was. She tried to think of something to talk about, but was at a bit of a loss. She didn't really want to talk about houses, since the entire subject was making her more nervous than she'd ever been. She glanced out at the lake, eyes wide. "I've never been on a boat before," she said finally, voice full of awe. It was true, this was the first time. She'd never even gone swimming, actually. Her family thought it was crass. Ava had wanted to take her, especially this last Summer, but her father had insisted it wasn't safe. She wondered if maybe next Summer he'd take a day off of work and they could all go... surely it'd be alright if he were there?

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx❦ ❦ ❦ But I'm safe right here.
                                                          xxxxxx❦ ❦ ❦ We know we are.
                                                          xxxxxxxxx❦ ❦ ❦ And it's kind of scary,
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx❦ ❦ ❦ Thinking of what is out there...

(( OOC: ))

Clockwork Muse

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:40 pm
User Image
User Image

He was greeted by a smile and laugh drawing another smile out of him. Chase was surprisingly easy to get along with. She seemed honest and open, not concerned with making her thoughts known. "Well if my dad is anything to go off of soon that really won't be a problem. The men in my family are tall." He replied with a shrug. Suddenly a warm hand had his and off they went through the crowd. A faint pink spread across his face as embarrassment crept over him. Lior expected this behavior out of Melody. The silver haired girl would steal him away during trips down Diagon Alley half of those ones ending up with them in a new shop doing things they shouldn't be. Before he knew it they were before a boat and a momentary panic swept through him. What about the things in the lake? More then one stormy evening was spent listening to his father and his good friend Xenos talk about this lake. Spooky tales of creatures from the depths, horrifying tales of students going for a swim never to be seen again....needless to say they seemed to delight in terrifying their children.

"New friends is good. I just hope they can deal with us." Lior replied shaking his head lightly as the girl bounced from the dock into the seat. Crouching lightly he placed a hand on the boat to steady it more before sliding calmly down into it. Taking a seat across from Chase he barely got settled when the boat dipped again. "Well at least they should not leave without us. That would be tragic would it not?" Joked the young woman who climbed in and sat down next to Chase. A tiny mischievous smile on her face, bright green eyes flitted between the two of them. "At least I would like to think that. I cannot wait to see where we end up. Lior dear has anything upstairs shown you where we'll be going?" Melody inquired lightly tilting her head when she spoke. "You know it doesn't work that way, Mels." Lior murmured heat raising to his face again. That was the last thing he wanted to get into conversation wise now.

Neither here nor there: In the boat
A vision or two: Of all the things she had to mention
Kept at bay: Nervous, excited
Keeping me grounded: Delphina, Chase, Melody
With a swish and flick: 10 1/2 inch Silver Lime containing an Ashwinder ash core. Smooth shaft with a bendy disposition.
A glimpse of the future: o3o

Devlyn Maycry

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200

hulusis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:42 pm
User Image
User Image
First Year HouseHalf-Blood

you are a catch 22, either way i miss out
                                                      all of the grief i give you, is energy i can live without
                                                      but i could stand you one more night

xxxxx If Jayden cared about what any of the members of the boat thought, then it wasn't showing. Henry was pretty sure that Jayden didn't care what anyone thought, so Henry decided that he didn't particularly care for Jayden or anything that he thought. Henry was surprised when the other boy laughed, confused, for a moment, about what was funny. But then Jayden apologized. Henry rolled his eyes. That's not an apology. That's just a joke that he thinks, for some reason, is funny. But Henry didn't speak. He didn't say anything for a long time. He just listened to the conversation that the others provided until Jayden asked if they'd be scared of getting lost. Now that he thought about it, Henry guessed that he would probably be a little scared of getting lost. Genevieve disagreed. "Well, I don't know about you," he told her, but he was talking to everyone in general, "but I'm not sure I'd like getting lost in the castle very much. Probably not at all. I mean, we probably wouldn't die if we got lost. Unless we were late to class because we got lost. Some teachers would probably have our heads on pointy sticks for the rest of term, huh?" Henry let the end turn to question, but it was rhetorical, he didn't actually care if anyone else agreed or not.

xxxxx Meanwhile, he was thinking about the things he feared. Getting lost was not exactly high on his list of things that were terrifying. Creatures of the night (and night in general) were pretty terrifying. And Henry always worried about what other people thought of him. Did that guy like him, did that girl think his clothes were cool? Constant questions plagued his mind. Of course, there was also his mother, but that was a whole other story on it's own.

Where: the Lake
                                                      With: Jayden, Genevieve, Mira, and another girl
                                                      Mood: Contemplative
                                                      OCC:
                                                      fangbanger18

murruelecreuset

mc2

Devlyn Maycry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:18 pm
X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X User Image

User Image

∞ Halfblood ∞ First Year ∞ Broken Family ∞

✖I can't seem to fight these F E E L I N G S
                                                        I'm caught in the
                                                        middleof this.
                                                        And my
                                                        ฬ ๏ ย ภ ๔ ร are not нεαℓιиģ
                                                        I just wanna know the truth!
                                                        W A N T ✖ T O ✖ K N O W the truth...

Chase shrugged about the tallness. "I don't remember my parents but my oldest sister was pretty tall before she died but my other sister is like 5'3'' maybe?" She shrugged. She'd been told by her sisters that she looked like her mother, and that was about as much detail as she knew about her parents. Her family had kept no pictures and the house they used to live in Sage had burned. Chase didn't even remember what the house looked liked. She'd been only a baby when it all happened. The way she spoke of her family made it seem like she had barely been effected by it. As if their deaths meant nothing to her, and on the outside that was the best she could do. She had to pretend everything was okay, because the minute she stopped pretending like it didn't hurt she'd break down.

The smile spreading across her face was nothing but real. Even for all the pretending she did, she was still in general a happy child. She enjoyed life as long as she didn't think too har. Chase couldn't help but laugh at his very careful decent into the boat. Compared to her launch into it, it was even more hilarious. The girl was honestly scared of nothing..... except for snakes. She hated snakes. At that moment Melody came climbing into the boat and Chase waved towards her as well as she dug into her robe pockets for a few extra chocolate frogs she'd hoarded in there.
                                                        "Here!" She said, handing one out to each of them as the boat began to move. She quickly scooted around so she could look up at the castle they were slowly approaching. It was huge. She stared up at it with wonder in her eyes before turning back to Melody and Lior just in time to catch mention of something upstairs. "Upstairs?" She asked curiously. "What do you mean? How would he know where any of us will be sorted?" She was absolutely and utterly confused.

The moment after she spoke though, she noticed how uncomfortable Lior seemed to be about the subject and blinked a couple times. She didn't want to make her new friend uncomfortable on the very first day they were friends! She chewed on her lip,
                                                        "Honestly for me, I have no idea. With my family it was always pretty clear cut. My oldest sister was destined for Hufflepuff. My brother a Ravenclaw and if my other sister had been able to go she would have been a claw too. And Audri..." She cut herself at the youngest of her oldest sisters. She was now older than her though. Technically speaking. She chewed on her lip harder before forcing out the rest of her sentence. "Audri would have been a Slytherin. I'm sure of it. But I'm the wild card I guess. Always have been." She turned back to face the castle once again quietly. She hoped her rambling had brought the topic away from whatever was making Lior uncomfortable

akureikami

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:50 am
User Image

William xXx Wynters

x. ███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███
                                              xx`◜ w i l l˟↘ ᴛʜᴇwhat, now? - ᴋɴɪɢʜᴛ ɪɴ sʜɪɴɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴍᴏᴜʀ
                                              xx( ) THAT'S A s o l i d one AND IT'S STUCK TO MY NAME ↘↘
                                              xxx FIND ME UP A LITTLE HIGHER FIND ME UP A LITTLE HIGHER - UP A LITTLE HIGHER
                                              xx▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ( I WANT A TURN IN THIS GAME )

( feeling : omigod . ♔ . with : that kid! and this girl . ♔ . at : a boat, the lake, duh )
                                                    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxfirst year . ↘ . unsorted . ↘ . swordsman . ↘ . pureblood

- "Ohh my Gooood!"

- His legs pumped, feeling the soles of his feet pounding against the stone of the path as he raced down it as fast as he possibly could. He'd taken a doze on the train and woke up to a lessening din, realizing he'd overslept on the ride. Moving with a panicked speed he didn't know he actually possessed, it took a few minutes of flurry to shove his robes on and fix them so he didn't look as despairingly messy— though he doubted that mattered now, he thought sourly. Mother would probably throw a fit if she saw him now. Still, if it weren't for the impending doom and the completely panic he was having at possibly missing the boats, William might have actually found the dash he was currently doing to reach the shore fun. His summer was mostly on more ways to handle his broadsword and horseback riding.

- Reaching the shore, the blond only grew in panic— if it was even possible, he was this close to hyperventilating— when he realized that the vessels were all slowly pushing off the shore. Oh, Merlin, was he going to have to jump? Dear Circe, William could only pray for strength. Fighting the urge to not squeeze his eyes shut because wow, wouldn't that just be such a good idea when one was attempting a running jump into a moving vessel atop a deep body of water infested with giant molluscs and possibly murderous and definitely dangerous creatures of both magical and non - magical origin? That was a little too long for sarcasm, he thought wildly, but then again, there wasn't really much time for it when one was attempting something as stupid as this. Taking a running jump, William aimed for the closest one, clamping his jaw shut at the insane urge to screech his head off at the sensation of flying through the air over a watery death - trap. Surprisingly, he didn't fall into cold, creature - infested waters. He landed on a very wooden, very bruising surface instead. He had managed to make it into the boat, rocking it wildly as it accommodated to his rather dynamic entry with some worryingly violent sways.

- He let out a strangled sound, possibly of relief, he couldn't really tell.

- After taking a few moments to balance the boat, which was most important, he went on to make sure all his parts were in order and maybe sweep his hair into something reasonably suited to his pre - windmangled hairstyle (he succeeded somewhat on that, thank Merlin) William managed to right himself into a proper enough position to face the two first years he had quite rudely barged into as he steadied himself enough to take a seat. "Oh, Circe, Hecate, Merlin and Morgana— I am so sorry about that— I'm truly sorry, I know it was horribly rude of me, I'm just— I'm William, by the way, William Wynters and, well— you!" He gaped for a moment, staring incredulously at the one occupant he recognized. He was that rude prat from Ollivander's from summer! He held him partially accountable for the fact that Marzaan got lost that day. Ugh. Who cared if it was unfair— he probably deserved it, the stuck - up thing.

- But then again, he was in rather a situation. Also, he had to be polite. It was the right thing to do, and it wouldn't do well to be starting any arguments, and there was a lady in the boat with them. Lord. Glancing between them for a few turns, William sat down abruptly on the wooden bench, though he was careful not to be so forceful as to actually, you know, tip the boat. Taking a few deep breaths, he reorganized his inner self, trying to restore order to the mental mess before talking again. Once that was done, he looked up at the occupants again, a sheepish smile on his face and firmly trying to tamp down the various not-so-pleasant thoughts regarding the other male of the boat. It worked, of course. His mother may be a completely frigid witch, but she was a great role model for those kinds of things. "My apologies again for my, uh, dynamic entry." William cringed inside at the wording. Something had just clutched at his heart. "Pleasure to meet you, though I wish it weren't under such circumstances. I do beg your pardon."

o o c : 5give me 8,D

Cara MiaKitty

shabatha

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:40 am
User Image
User Image

Neither of them argued the chocolate as it was offered up. Lior quickly tore the package open with teeth taking a quick bite of the fast moving sweet. Melody on the other hand tucked it into her pocket. "For later, not sure if they will have anything good inside yet." Melody explained patting the pocket it was safely tucked into. When Chase inquired as to what she was talking about 'upstairs' the young girl winced. She hadn't thought that through had she? An apologetic look was all Lior got but he smiled lightly knowing she hadn't meant anything by it. Chase spoke up again and Melody turned her attention to her honestly interested in what the other girl was saying. She loved to see how other families had turned out. Part of her was curious though about how Chase said things. Would have been a Ravenclaw? Destined for? Not for the first time since meeting her Melody wondered what had happened in the past for her. "My family has always been either Ravenclaw or Slytherin. My grandparents were that way, my fathers were that way. I can't help but feel like I'll be going that way too." She added trying to keep the conversation going as well. What good would it do to let things stay awkward?

Lior on the other hand had remain quiet while he devoured the chocolate frog. Should they just get it out in the open? He smiled lightly as the pair talked about their family and what houses they had been in. "Dad and Grandpa were Hufflepuffs. My mother didn't go here and well Gran was a Squib. I don't know what to guess for me." Lior added looking up at the castle as well. He was quiet for a few moments, the dark silhouette of the immense stone building barely illuminated by the moon and lights within. Silently he hoped that when they did get there that finding their way wouldn't be hard. "Well Chase we should probably get this out in the open now. Mels was talking about me, my family and what we can. I'm a Seer, registered and all that fun stuff. Have been for a while." Lior said with a light sigh deciding it would be better to have it out in the open and not hide if from his new friend. "I don't get visions that often, it's been a while since my last major one to be truthful, but sometimes I get them in a my sleep. Dad says he gets them all the time in his sleep but unlike me he actually remembers them sometimes. I just don't want to freak you out if I go crazy talk and fainty." Lior explained smiling a bit at the brunette when he was done. It was nervous and worried as if the young boy was concerned she wouldn't want to deal with him because of it. He knew people had worse problems in the world but he also knew people mocked Seers.

Neither here nor there: In the boat
A vision or two: No time like the present right?
Kept at bay: Nervous, excited
Keeping me grounded: Delphina, Chase, Melody
With a swish and flick: 10 1/2 inch Silver Lime containing an Ashwinder ash core. Smooth shaft with a bendy disposition.
A glimpse of the future: o3o

Devlyn Maycry

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:47 am
User Image

Emily Strauss Vanadeth

╔═════════════════════╗
Where: Black lake on the boats
With: Elliott Holt and William Wynters
Thoughts//OOC: Oh my is he okay? That was so dumb but so very fun looking!
Outfit: Hogwarts Uniform
╚═════════════════════╝

Emily had gotten onto the boat when the woman had said to head off towards the castle. She was holding the lantern, it was heavier than she had thought. It suited her fine. They were the last boat to start moving, and she had her eyes on the castle. When she heard something. She turned to see a male running towards the end of the pier. And then he jumped! And landed in the boat she was in! It started rocking but she was more concerned that he would fall in. She put her hands out incase he went to fall but he stabilized himself and she helped stabilize their almost flipping boat.

When it had stabilized she watched as he did a 180. First apologizing then yelling at Elliott. "Hi. I'm Emily Vanadeth. Nice to meet you. It's fine, wouldn't want you to be left behind right? Although we probably could have found a way to paddle the boat back to the pier... And it's good you didn't end up in the water either." She said with a smile. Of course she was just melancholy at this.

Cara MiaKitty

Grespeciatto

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games