Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
SW Games Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Manphish

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:49 pm
Jedi are the guardians of peace in the galaxy.

Jedi use their powers to defend and protect, never to attack others.

I know, which is why I very much want Bioware to be the ones to make it alongside Lucasarts.

Jedi serve others rather than ruling over them, for the good of the galaxy.

Jedi seek to improve themselves through knowledge and training.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:38 pm
I personally, was really content with EaW until the battles stopped being epic.

I mean, it has the right idea, but very rarely do you actually get two huge fleets to meet and duke it out.

If, and when, they ever do EaW2, I want bigger battles, with ISDs as the basic unit ship. Include Dreadnaughts, Cruisers, Battlecruisers, and Heavy Destroyers too.

In fact, create a way to build and organize fleets, that way you can lead out with something like Death Squadron in ROTJ, before you unless all the smaller toys.

Ah hell, I just want an accurate space-strategy game.  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:40 pm
You can organize your fleet.

Its called the pathfinder slot, in the FoC expansion. That one unit will deploy, and then you can pick which others you want to hyperspace in.

EaW2 shouldn't have bigger battles; I'd rather see the computer attack me with a force less than 100 units for a change. I've yet to see that happen against an installation. Even on Hard mode, its impossible to have a reasonable fleet attack me... It gets old when a 200 unit fleet gets defeated by a 18 point one time and time again. And where do they get that much money to waste?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:48 pm
Devil Mikey
Manphish
That's because it's currently all fan-fiction. I don't think that they're even going to make it, but for some strange reaso there's been a rumor spreading about Kotor 3.
ok
Sometimes I think you're a bot.

Then I realize how much I don't care. evil  

Jaden_Ordo

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:20 pm
Him being a bot would imply intelligece.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:37 pm
ElladanKenet
I personally, was really content with EaW until the battles stopped being epic.

I mean, it has the right idea, but very rarely do you actually get two huge fleets to meet and duke it out.

If, and when, they ever do EaW2, I want bigger battles, with ISDs as the basic unit ship. Include Dreadnaughts, Cruisers, Battlecruisers, and Heavy Destroyers too.

In fact, create a way to build and organize fleets, that way you can lead out with something like Death Squadron in ROTJ, before you unless all the smaller toys.

Ah hell, I just want an accurate space-strategy game.

You want Warlords and Star Wars Rebellion mixed together in a witches cauldron... Because that's about what you're describing.

Nelowulf
You can organize your fleet.

Its called the pathfinder slot, in the FoC expansion. That one unit will deploy, and then you can pick which others you want to hyperspace in.

EaW2 shouldn't have bigger battles; I'd rather see the computer attack me with a force less than 100 units for a change. I've yet to see that happen against an installation. Even on Hard mode, its impossible to have a reasonable fleet attack me... It gets old when a 200 unit fleet gets defeated by a 18 point one time and time again. And where do they get that much money to waste?

So you want to fight with formations that are smaller then the Katana fleet. Amen.  

stellarmagic

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:42 pm
Well, I mean, instead of spending more time on the smaller ships, have an AI script in place that you can set, like "Support Fire", or "Anti-Fighter", or "Long-Range Bombardment." Then, you can spend more time orchestrating the battle between the bigger ships.

And when I meant organizing fleets, I meant in the way they come in. Have a Dreadnaught lead the prong, while at the same time being surrounded by six Destroyers.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:44 pm
ElladanKenet
Well, I mean, instead of spending more time on the smaller ships, have an AI script in place that you can set, like "Support Fire", or "Anti-Fighter", or "Long-Range Bombardment." Then, you can spend more time orchestrating the battle between the bigger ships.

And when I meant organizing fleets, I meant in the way they come in. Have a Dreadnaught lead the prong, while at the same time being surrounded by six Destroyers.

You know... rebellion did all that, and when did it come out... Lets see nine years ago.  

stellarmagic

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:46 pm
Hm. I might look into it. It must certainly be better than Galactic Battlegrounds. xp  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:47 pm
Is Mikey back?  

elvisnake

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:51 pm
Yes and as dumb as ever.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:52 pm
ElladanKenet
Hm. I might look into it. It must certainly be better than Galactic Battlegrounds. xp

A pity the graphics suck... Oh, when 3d was young and 256 colors was all we had... rolleyes  

stellarmagic

elvisnake

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:56 pm
I liked galactic Battlegrounds...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:58 pm
I did too, but the lack of space was a letdown.

My favorite part was the formations, though. Nothing beats building armies of droids and marching down the Naboo and Gungans.  

ElladanKenet
Crew

JRay18

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:31 pm
Yeah, I had the original plus the expansion pack. One of the letdowns though, was the combat. The troops never moved. They just stood in one spot and fired. Their wasn't loads to it. You just built a huge force and beat everyone through overwhelming force.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games