Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blaze Starwind

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:55 pm
FogSage
I was at KFC today, waiting in the drive thru line, and my radio was on, and all of a sudden......

"Vote no on Same-Sex Marriage Bill # 12345 (or something). The sanctity of marriage MUST be kept sacred. Homosexual activists will stop at NOTHING to try and destroy the holiest union of marriage. Vote no and God bless you all."

I was so shocked by this I almost drove into the car in front of me. Since when is marriage a union at all these days? Marriage is nothing more than being enslaved to another person for the rest of your life. Besides, gay marriage is nothing more than a little thing that'll be handy to put down on your taxes. Sure, love might have something to do with gay marriage, but for the most part, it's all about the rights attached to marriage.

I wanted to find whoever recorded that and smack them. confused

Tsk, tsk...You seem to have a very positive outlook on marriage. rolleyes

No, marriage is not being enslaved to someone for the rest of your life. For some people, the relationship degrades to that point so it may seem like that, but for many (Although a decreasing number), they stay loyal and loving to one another for their whole lives. While I'm sure it does for some, marriage has nothing to do with the benefits. The government just so happens to give benefits to those who are married. I can honestly say I'd never get married just for the benefits, but instead, to form a bond between my mate and I, and be recognized by the world as a family.

You don't like the idea of marriage? Fine by me...Just try not to make such huge sweeping generalizations, saying people only want to get married for the benefits. Marriage is all about the bonding.

Also, were you listening to a christian radio station? That seems like the only place where an advertisement like that would appear.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:08 pm
Marriage is indeed a union, but there is nothing sanctified or holy about it. Sure, for some people there are religious implication but it is in fact a legally binding contract.

Here is something people need to realize, anyone can get married to anyone else, there are no laws preventing you. However, with current sets laws you are not guaranteed that your union will be legally recognized, meaning it is not a legal marriage. That is not to say that it is illegal. rolleyes

Selene Aries

Shaviv

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:02 pm
There are a number of differences between marriage and slavery, but the most obvious one I can think of is that you can't get out of slavery by filing for emancipation in a court (mostly because most slaves don't have access to courts).

The point of marriage is also that you wouldn't get married to someone you weren't in love with and who wasn't your best friend (at least, that's my take on it, from my parents' example). If the relationship begins to crumble because the partners in question aren't putting enough work into it to balance the strain, well... in that case, you should always say so, and talk about what to do. Possibly, ending the relationship is the best way. Yeah, it hurts, but it hurts even more to say "I love you" when it's a lie.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:42 pm
crying Just hit a patch of angst.  

punchIT

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:23 pm
Sabi.exe
crying Just hit a patch of angst.

*trims patch*  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:35 pm
Today has been the weirdest day for me at the guild. At first, Krystal asked me to be her mate, then a little while after Sabi did, then now Sakii I think is starting to. What is with me D= Im just a siberian husky pup sweatdrop  

Record Producer Jay-Z

UglyCoyoteNG

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:39 pm
Ya know, I've been in and out of "love" with Hannah for over a year, and today we talked and she finealy said she didnt have any feelings for me, at all. I knew it was comin'. But it still stung. I think I just lust after her. But how do you explain "lust" when your heart says "Love" ...sigh.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:41 pm
UglyCoyoteNG
Ya know, I've been in and out of "love" with Hannah for over a year, and today we talked and she finealy said she didnt have any feelings for me, at all. I knew it was comin'. But it still stung. I think I just lust after her. But how do you explain "lust" when your heart says "Love" ...sigh.

There is a pretty fine line sometimes. But, if you have doubts about whether it's love or not, it's most likely not. I hope you feel better soon, I know it hurts.  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:53 pm
Nanaki_Red XIII
Today has been the weirdest day for me at the guild. At first, Krystal asked me to be her mate, then a little while after Sabi did, then now Sakii I think is starting to. What is with me D= Im just a siberian husky pup sweatdrop

Quite the ladies man tonight, huh? xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:55 pm
shoki_de_nai
Nanaki_Red XIII

Quite the ladies man tonight, huh? xd

Nanaki is a d00d? omgz

(Yes, I'm kind of clueless about this kind of stuff. I don't usually pay attention to people's sex if it seems ambiguous...)  

Shaviv

Record Producer Jay-Z

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:57 pm
Yes Im a guy ._.; Didnt you know D=  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:28 pm
Ever been on the computer so long you feel like your eyes are bleeding? I probably shouldn't be on, I have work in the morning. It's about...2:30 am right now and I have work at 9:45...so that should be at least seven hours of sleep if I go to bed now.
But I can't seem to make myself go to bed early. I really need to start doing that, but the summer's here so it's rather pointless. I wish I would have done it sooner though.
So I guess I'm here to whine about my lack of sleep when I could fix it myself xd  

Sirus Jin

Ootheca

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:30 pm
Sirus Jin
Ever been on the computer so long you feel like your eyes are bleeding? I probably shouldn't be on, I have work in the morning. It's about...2:30 am right now and I have work at 9:45...so that should be at least seven hours of sleep if I go to bed now.
But I can't seem to make myself go to bed early. I really need to start doing that, but the summer's here so it's rather pointless. I wish I would have done it sooner though.
So I guess I'm here to whine about my lack of sleep when I could fix it myself xd
I do that too, espectially when it comes to doing compy art on photoshop. Visine is my hero <.< I have the same problem with sleep too. I always go to bed to late. Was really bad the last month of school or so. I was only averaging 1-3 hours of sleep then. @.@  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:36 pm
Yes, I have had to come to learn the wonders of eye drops after getting so little sleep the past two weeks that my eyes became so blood shot that people at work and my mom were asking me what was wrong. I of course did not realize it myself till they pointed it out and have been working on reducing the redness this week. By trying to actually sleep properly as well as use the drops. xd  

Selene Aries

FogSage

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:08 am
Diana Vulpes
Marriage is indeed a union, but there is nothing sanctified or holy about it. Sure, for some people there are religious implication but it is in fact a legally binding contract.

Here is something people need to realize, anyone can get married to anyone else, there are no laws preventing you. However, with current sets laws you are not guaranteed that your union will be legally recognized, meaning it is not a legal marriage. That is not to say that it is illegal. rolleyes

That is perhaps the most accurate description of what's going on. Thank you, Diana. While some may marry because of love, most marry because....they just do. There's no rhyme or reason to it, they figure, "Okay, we've had sex enough times, we've gone out for almost a year or whatever, why not get married?" Most marriages were BASED on love when they started out, but then they slowly dissaparate into "get your a** in the kitchen and start cooking" and "why can't you be romantic anymore?" Yeah. Marriage. It's fine for some, but not for others. So there.

I will never marry. Partly because all I'm good for is making grilled cheese sandwiches and doing laundry.

.....OH GOD, I'M MY MOTHER! T.T  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games