Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply --○Lake of Dormancy○--
Excalibur (medieval-fantasy/intermediate) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sun Salutation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:03 am
User Image

The edges of Lucinda's mauve-colored lips curved upward, the curve was so minimal, the expression it created hardly qualified for a smile. She closed her eyes momentarily and nodded. "Then what is it you seek from the weilder? Is it protection? Power? Security?"
((By the way, Im mean security as in like, a safe place, a place to live, a stable for your horse, ect.))

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:32 am
((Clear enough))
The horse flipped it's mane once, either impatient or nervous, the rider could not tell, nor cared. From the way this conversation was heading, it sounded more and more like a proposition. Whether that be the case or not, she did not mind, as long as she could get what she wanted.
"Safe passage," the woman rider repeated to the inquiry, "All I ask, is the ability to travel, without danger from those who would stop me. Perhaps it is protection that I seek." she amended.

SpunkyOtaku

Sun Salutation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:40 am
User Image

Lucinda smiled, Walking up to the woman and the horse. Her pace was not hurried, nor was it overly cautious. About 10 paces away, she stopped, so as not to startle the horse, most animals didn't partiularly like her for some reason. "Then join me, aid me in my quest for Excalibur; and in return, I shall grant you this."  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:38 pm
The golden yellow eyes were wary, though not accusatory of the woman as she approached. Simply general caution. Though she knew there could not be a real reason for the woman to turn against her. She settled a gloved hand upon the horse to settle it. It did not really like strangers (humans to be more specific) let alone those with special powers. At least, that was what she assumed.
"What is it you require of me?"

SpunkyOtaku

Sun Salutation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:33 pm
User Image

Lucinda let her gaze drift to the horses head, watching its movement as she spoke with minimal intrest in the horse itself. "All I ask for is you trust, your loyalty. To fight along side me if I am pulled into battle. Once you agree to my terms, you cannot leave. In doing so, you will lose your privilage to safe passage and I will wipe your memory of ever meeting me, including this proposition, with my dark magic." She looked up into the hooded woman's face. "Are you willing to agree to these terms?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:40 pm
She considered the woman's terms. They were hardly demanding, and they seemed fair enough, at first glance. Unless the woman took herself into battle everyday. Threatening with memory was better than threatening with life, something she could not risk gambling with, not now.
"Trust is not given, it is earned, it is the way of people." she warned. "However I will not ask questions, and do as you ask. I am not a great warrior, just to warn you. My specialty is long range attacks. Other than these things, I agree wholeheartedly to aid you."

SpunkyOtaku

Sun Salutation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:08 pm
User Image

Lucinda gave her a small smile, satisfied with her answer. "That will be fine, I am quite skilled at moderate to close range combat." She to several steps closer to the cloaked woman, glancing at the horse once more, then looking directly at the woman again. "Now, I you could, please give me your hand." She hald out her left hand, Palm side up. At the base of her hand was a dark purple circle with a large concave triangle in the center, all sides of the triangle touching the circle inside. It was the signature of Dark magic.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:15 pm
A contract of Magic. She had actually been expecting such. This woman was too skilled and crafty to be too careless. It was only fair, and she did not plan to betray the woman, she saw no problem with it.
The black beast snorted, but made no movement. She lifted her gloved hands from the horses' reins. Slowly she removed the black leather from her right hand. Dark chocolate skin on the slender hands showed in the heavily filtered and faint sunlight. She placed the creamy side of her palm on the surface of the magical medium.

SpunkyOtaku

Sun Salutation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:36 pm
User Image

((Sorry my replies are so far apart, my internet is really slow today.))

Lucinda placed her right hand atop the back side of the woman's hand, securing it in place. "La Con'cunae de na elae krishnam." She chanted darkly.

There was a bright purple flash from the stack of hands, and the woman was sure to have felt a painful sting from the contract bind. A dark red liquid seeped from below the hooded woman's hand and began trickling down Lucinda' left wrist; blood. "The seal will sting for the remainder of the day, and be tender for the next three suns." She aid in a business-like tone.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:47 pm
((Bah, we all have technical difficulties at times))

Her hand curled and flinched from the sting, though did not pull away. She blinked reflexively from the flash, but other wise was calm. The horse itself twitched under her and neighed once. She put her hand upon his head and forcefully calmed him. She took out a cloth deep within the folds of her cloak, ready to clean the blood once her hand was released. She had a suspicion she would see a cut replica of the magic seal on her palm, and was curious to see if she was right.  

SpunkyOtaku

Sun Salutation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:58 pm
User Image

Lucinda released the woman, Whith her right hand, she reached into her own cloak, producing a hankercheif of her own.

"Now, where do you suggest we search for the holy sword next?" She inquired, wiping the blood from her arm. "And what is it I shoould call you?" As she prompted the question, she did not look at her new accomplaice, only examined her arm to clean it of the sticky red liquid.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:57 pm
Sure enough, there was the circle and triangle merged into one. Curious, she had never seen it on flesh. She padded the red cloth on the palm, and curled her fingers to keep it in place. With her free finger she pulled down the wrap around her nose and chin, letting free her strong jaw and brown and pink lips. She tied the cloth onto her hand, using her teeth to pull at one end of the knot and hold it in place. She slipped back on her glove.
"Maya, will do fine." she answered her new employee. "There are many who say the sword might be hidden on Merlin's Mountain, or the Lake of the Lady."
She only repeated the rumors people had mentioned along her travels, even if she did not agree wholeheartedly with them. If she were to hide a sword, it would not be in such obvious places. Of course her own idea would make some shocked and suspicious.

SpunkyOtaku

Sun Salutation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:27 am
User Image

"Hmm, Merlin's Mountian or Lake of the Lady....now, Lake of the Lady was where Excalibur was forged, Though I know Arthur was much more clever than to put it in such a obvious place...." She pondered, folding up the hankercheif and replacing it in her cloak. Her brow furrowed in concentration as she weighted the two against each other in her mind. She stared down at the ground, he head angled down to the left.

Lucinda sighed, placing her right hand on her hip and idly twirling a strand of dark hair with her left index finger. "But then again, If the sword had been stolen before his death rather than hidden, a distinct possibility, the fool might have brought it back to the place its creation, the simpleton."
She allowed her left hand to drop from its place twisting her curls. She looked up towards her new companion, "Well? What is your opinion on the matter? Do you beleive the Holy sword was hidden? Or stolen?"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:29 am
It was strange, she had considered the swords's location before of course, but somehow having another person to consider options with made her mind work in ways different than before. No matter how she thought however, her mind still circled back to her original idea. Perhaps this might be more productive anyway.
"Hidden. otherwise they would have sounded the alarm, instead of spreading to rumors." She furrowed her black brow in thought while putting back up her cloth mask. "But it can't have have been hidden by someone of the court. Even they know human greed would make one of them go straight to the place and claim the sword for themselves. It had to have been taken by someone trustworthy of the king, yet not quite part of the main political castle."

SpunkyOtaku

Sun Salutation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:08 am
User Image

"Your theory is logical. I have heard that he did not give his trust out freely in the latter years of his life, though. He would have not chose Merlin, I pray, For he is to obvious of a choice." Lucinda began to walk, lifting her hood over her dark hair as she ambled down the path, expecting Maya to follow suit. "Many times has the sun revolved this planet since I was last in this land. So tell me, who was know to be in the Late King Arthur's social circle?"  
--○Lake of Dormancy○--

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff