Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply .:. Shadows of Africa .:.
[OOC] Newbie/Oldbie Thread: Questions and Advice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheMadHatter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:05 pm
There is, and no she can't. Nothing will make sterile hybrids fertile.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:07 pm
Aaalright. <3  

Feral Mule

KoopaTroopa18

Dapper Gekko

5,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:29 pm
Thanks Iris_Virus for answering my question!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:03 pm
Ok i just joined this guild. Now I have a question. How do you get a breedable here? I'd like to get a lioness or lepord but i just don't know where. Also how do you even get a mate for them? please help me! T.T  

InuHalfDemon30

Wealthy Kitten

10,250 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Popular Thread 100

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:04 am

Read everything on the front page of the shop thread.
It tells you everything you need to know.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:10 pm
Two questions:

1- Are there any special rules for getting cosplays, or do they just count as a regular custom SoA?

2- Just out of curiousity, in the rp, how long has it been since Mufasa, Simba, etc. were alive and how are they viewed by the creatures of SoA in general?  

Inejwstine

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Popular Thread 100

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:08 pm

1) It counts the same as a normal SoA cosplay. You may get a cosplay SoA, but it can't be line-edited. If it has clothes or something, they'll just be colored onto the SoA. Not all colorists like doing that, though, so you might be better of picking out your cosplay idea and having a SoA inspired by the character instead of completely based-on. But yeah, cosplays are allowed.

2) They were all G-1, and all the new gens of SoA are G-9, so it's been a considerably long time, especially since Sarabi died of old age quite a bit ago.
So it's been a while. Not sure how long it has been in definite IC years, though.
Mufasa and Sarabi were King and Queen of the Pridelands. Simba was their son, but he died as a cub.
As for how they're viewed by other creatures of SoA, I guess it depends upon the character and owner of the SoA. The elephant graveyard pack of hyenas, for example, know of them pretty well. The Antianeira I think must know of them since Mufasa and Sarabi's daughter is the Queen of that pride. So it varies from SoA to SoA and place to place.

Maybe someone else will post with more info than me, but I hope you can get something from that for now. XD;

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:41 am
Okay, so I guess major line edits (clothes, etc.) are usually only allowed with SoA Gods then, right?

eek Simba died as a cub?! How sad!! gonk  

Inejwstine

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Popular Thread 100

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:38 am
Mila Farrell
For items, it must be stuff reasonably made out of bones/leaves/etc. Think tribal. No elaborate cosplay clothes that obviously could not appear in Africa on a lion, like, Matrix-style or anything.

The only SoA I've seen wearing clothes are the Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings edition SoA.
And I think I remember reading that they can't be RP'd under normal circumstances anyway.

And any line edits are only available via god customs. Regular SoA with line edits are given away through events, not customs.

And yeah, there was a terrible plague that killed many, including baby Simba.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:12 pm
yes, another one. sweatdrop

Since avian familiars come in a variety of "shapes, sizes, and colors," can a custom avian have a slightly different lineart? I mean something like changing the shape/size of the beak; nothing big.  

Inejwstine

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Quickbeamed

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:04 pm
No, but there are several premade variations (hawk, eagle, 'regular' avian, vulture, and falcon) that you can choose from. No edits means no edits.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:22 am
I'm not sure where this would be whether it would be within this thread in teh main guild or if I should PM Mkodi with teh question concerning May Customs. I am just curious to know that the rules say that you can get as many customs as the amount of gold and items you ahve can allow, but what does this mean for God/Goddess customs? I can't find the rule, but I remember that at one time there was a rule implemented to assure that everyone would ahve a fair try at getting a God/Goddess custom. I believe it stated that one individual could only get a God/Goddess custom through customs or pet/art trades once every four months. Does this apply for Major May customs? I am assuming yes, but I am not sure as there are no clarification posts on this specific question within that thread.

If someone could let me know that'd be great so I could prepare for May

ninja  

WolfwoodBlade

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:16 pm
No, it doesn't apply for May. It's a free-for-all for everything. You can post for as much as you can afford.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:46 am
Hey, I just want to say thanks to everyone who's answered my questions in this thread! You've been a great help! biggrin  

Inejwstine

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Clessie

6,075 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:34 pm
How do I get an SoA? sweatdrop  
.:. Shadows of Africa .:.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games