Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Avatar Battle Royale Guild: R.I.P. KING OF POP ;A;

Back to Guilds

Reply IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-D-D-DUEL
Got Ideas? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OffSide7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:13 am
Marshu
thanks for the incuragement offside AND I just got a bad a** idea for the easter event pirate

Yay! People agreed with me and Pie loves me and Marshu's got an idea for an event!

Maybe I'll come up with something in the future and take Pie up on the offer to start something.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:20 am
Hey guys!

I have a few ideas not relateing to the Easter event, how about an OC battle? And on the first few pages someone mentioned themed rooms, I think thats a great idea! No?

Pkuu

animecrazy101

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:57 am
LagreF
Hey guys!

I have a few ideas not relateing to the Easter event, how about an OC battle? And on the first few pages someone mentioned themed rooms, I think thats a great idea! No?

I was thinking of more along the lines of a plotted-out RP using illustrations instead of words type thing...  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:03 am
OffSide7
This guild is NOT going down the pooper! There are maybe 5 or so regular posters in the main thread. This guild is possibly the most awesome part of Gaia! I mean, GD and ED are full of worthless nonsense, and so are most of the other boards, and even the art community isn't that great- you go looking for critiques in the Picture Post forum and you get three "omg that's soooo gud" and three "ha ha ur teh suk" and then the thread recedes into oblivion. I thought Gaia might be a resource for other things. I tried asking for suggestions for books to read, and I listed some I didn't like, and those got suggested a whole bunch of times!

Let's face it. Gaia sucks! The avatars are the only reason I stick around. They're so gosh durn cute, but why not simply use those Gaia dream avatar simulators? ...Well, it's not as satisfying, but also having avatars kind of gives you an identity you can work like clay. And what do we do with those identities? Well... nothing. Except duke it out in ABR! Really, I think ABR is honestly one of the best parts of Gaia, if not the best, and frankly Gaia doesn't have that much else going for it.

Huff huff. Wow, I didn't expect that to come out. Sorry. Anyways.

I don't see why we can't beat the snot out of the Easter Bunny like the Pumpkin King? Maybe we could just have another art exchange? Maybe we could divide into teams and go on an Easter egg hunt, and we have to find them in creative ways- like ripping them out of eachother's chests? I mean, snow seemed fairly straightfoward, but that was still pretty fun.

Oh, and Marshu, I can't speak for your time nor your willpower, but I know for a fact you have the talent. I less than three your art!

Offside...*tear*...thank you. That entire thing is so f***ing true it' s not even funny. I hardly post because I find other things to draw and can never stay on one subject long enough for it to look good. ABR is the only thing on this whole d*** site that is worth while. If ABR weren't here, I would go inactive for good. Honestly, with all the n00bs and idiots on this site...I've been searching for another better online community and haven't found a f***ing thing...  

animecrazy101

Pkuu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:44 am
Im thinking team battles? Everyone gets assigned into a team and we battle it out?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:59 am
animecrazy101
Offside...*tear*...thank you. That entire thing is so f***ing true it' s not even funny. I hardly post because I find other things to draw and can never stay on one subject long enough for it to look good. ABR is the only thing on this whole d*** site that is worth while. If ABR weren't here, I would go inactive for good. Honestly, with all the n00bs and idiots on this site...I've been searching for another better online community and haven't found a f***ing thing...

Aww, man, it makes me so happy to hear people agreed with that, instead of just shaking their heads and thinking something like, "Man, OffSide, relax, you're sort of weirding people out."  

OffSide7

Baka Keiichi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:21 am
Hmm..I think things really are screwed up here. I'll bet that the majority of people on gaia are under 16. I myself am 19. Too many kids that are really immature, and think they are somehow smarter than everyone else. I think it's kind of a popularity thing. The high school disease. Most likely, they get cool clothes and a lot of friends, and then suddenly they can't be wrong. Anyway, I really like ABR, and I need to post more often. I think I would if I could use a scanner. I have a hard time drawing with my tablet sometimes. It's really good, but it still doesn't have the same stable feel of a pencil and paper on a table. whee
I'll try to get a little more active soon. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:19 am
LagreF
Im thinking team battles? Everyone gets assigned into a team and we battle it out?

that's a pretty good idea, I think 3nodding .

@the whole offside abr speech: I actually just realized that the abr is my whole reason for staying on gaia. I have momentary art laspses, sometimes...the abr usually gets me out of them whee . So if it goes down...*sniff* I don't even wanna think about it. The whole PP is so friggin' monotenous at times and it's certainly repetative, though there are some kooky people who go there from time to time. I'd have to say the same thing for the AD and WF. I rped so much in past forums(not on gaia), I can tell yah I wrote a novel in at least one place sweatdrop , rp will definately end up the same here, I'm sure. Anyhoo I would post here, like, everyday(unless art block preventsXP) but the school keeps pulling me away as well as other things. But I'll definately try to post more often...

@Baka:yeah, when I first joined here I did realize the immaturity level was...HIGH. okay, so I'm basically a kid myself(sort of)...but even when I was 13 I didn't act like most of the people on gaia.  

TIPme

That Hawt Therapist

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:33 pm
if we really want to try and do a holiday based battle..we should think of it months ahead..and not a few days before it or else nothing gets done

so..we could probably do a Bad a** october event pt2
like what happens after..a sequel or somethin..unless the mods were already workin on it  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:20 pm
Well.

The next holiday...

IS THE END OF SCHOOL YEAR DAY.

HOLY s**t.

GRADUATION.

Oh yeah. Hit people with some provincial exams and SATs.  

The Pie

6,850 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

I Feel Toast

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:58 pm
It would be cool to have an illustrated roleplay/collaborative story in this guild...The Battle Royales tell their own stories in comic form, but we could have a novel-style roleplay with a non-comic illustration or two per every post.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:18 pm
I Feel Toast
It would be cool to have an illustrated roleplay/collaborative story in this guild...The Battle Royales tell their own stories in comic form, but we could have a novel-style roleplay with a non-comic illustration or two per every post.

Well.

Marshu doesn't want any... written work here. The ABR is solely an art guild. But. Well. I like your idea too, since it combines the two of them. Hm.

Fufufu. I'll try talking to him about it.  

The Pie

6,850 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

DrunkenStyle
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:35 pm
As illiterate as I may sound right now, I prefer everything to be drawn. EVERYTHING. Even the description of the dirty underwear hiding under your bed.

Words don't appeal to me as much as pictures do.

If there were two Harry Potter books, one the textbook and one the manga, I would go and rape the manga. I like being fast-paced and excited, not sit-down-and-read-while-you-gain-weight type of thing.

Like American comics. They talk too much. Way too much.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:26 am
DrunkenStyle
As illiterate as I may sound right now, I prefer everything to be drawn. EVERYTHING. Even the description of the dirty underwear hiding under your bed.

Words don't appeal to me as much as pictures do.

If there were two Harry Potter books, one the textbook and one the manga, I would go and rape the manga. I like being fast-paced and excited, not sit-down-and-read-while-you-gain-weight type of thing.

Like American comics. They talk too much. Way too much.
whee Well, it's not like everyone would have to participate, just the people interested...

I like both words and pictures, whether seperate or combined. I thought the roleplay would give a good chance to do art that is still of eachother's characters. The artist would be able to read a written description of what is happening, and then draw an illustration instead of a comic. Comics rock, but it'd be fun to have a thread for making more detailed single pictures. 3nodding The written portions of the roleplay wouldn't have to be long, seeing as there would be images to supplement them.  

I Feel Toast

EnoughisEnoughisEnough

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:27 pm
I dunno - this might have already been suggested.
But, just for fun...
User Image  
IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-D-D-DUEL

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games