Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply -•`~The Roleplaying Realm~`•-
Welcome to the CIC Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:30 am
Aväris nodded sagely, already having considered such an alternative.

"While that may seem a good idea, my little friend, it's not so easy as it may sound. To actually draw such energy from another source would take just as much energy as I would have needed from it in the first place. So I would basically just be replacing my own energy with another's energy. And if I siphoned off the energy of another being towards the spell, I'd have to use my own energy to move such vast amounts of energy, thus defeating the purpose. Do you see?" Aväris asked.

Across the table, Maar sat bored, chin in his palm, elbow resting on the table top. Sometimes, it seemed as if Aväris was talking too much just to hear his own voice. Of course, this wasn't the case, but one would never guess from listening to the flihva that he didn't often like to speak. Heck, it took Maar a long time just to figure that out!

"But keep thinking Strider," Aväris encouraged. "You've already spewed out some great ideas. I'm sure you'd think of more."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:40 am

The goddess nodded a bit to herself as Deron began to truly fly, even if what he was doing could hardly be called flight. True, he was aloft and moving about in the air without flailing or falling, but he hadn't the knack for moving about in the air yet, not graceful like the real birds of prey she'd created and seen in action. When he became a true flier, like one of his newly aquired brethren, then she would acknowledge that he could fly. Until then, however...

"That's good enough," Lyra said aloud, eying Deron's progress. The falcon was at least able to glide and raise altitude. Though his turns could maybe use some work, his flight skills were good enough to get him to the city. He would probably have a bit of a problem keeping up with her, but he'd learn soon enough. Those jesses on his legs were spelled, and if he disobeyed her or did something to displease her, a very unpleasant feeling would erupt from the enchanted strips of leather, a feeling Lyra was sure Deron would not enjoy.

Lyra straightened in the air, hovering slightly in her place, wings stretched out wide and striking a delicate pose to keep her still in one spot in thin air. The thermals and updrafts were working well with her, and as such, would work well for the falcon.

"Just keep the city in sight and all will be well," she said, slowly leveling out into a horizontal position, belly toward the ground. Wings pumping vigorously, Lyra shot away from her previous position and shot toward the city, moving slower than she appeared to. She hadn't chosen a peregrine falcon for nothing; its speed was something she admired, and the speed at which she was going at shouldn't be too hard for such a falcon to obtain, not even a newly turned one.

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:10 am
((Sorry, I'll be away; look at the away thread for more information. I'll be back by Sunday hopefully.))  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:40 am
((Darn, gain a partner back only to loose the other one. That's fine though, I understand. I'm pressed too.))

"O-Oh no!" Miren bowed quickly. "No, I mean I should have introduced myself to you first. Forgive me."

Now that she thought of it, she had not given a proper introduction of herself, had she? Oh, she was so embarrassed! How rude of her.

"My name is Miren. Miren Hitataki. I'm just..."
Still lost is what she was. She wondered how she could possibly explain what she was doing here, if she did not understand it herself. The thought of the horrifyingly intimidating woman almost made her shudder.

SpunkyOtaku

SpunkyOtaku

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:43 am
((Avarice? Is that the inspiration?))

Strider considered these words in grave thought. Yes, that would make sense. To move energy of course would require energy. Basic laws of energy and physics. But there had to be some other way, some other alternative. He started pacing yet again. He voiced his thoughts aloud, becoming, more jumbled since he was not trying to communicate so much as to brainstorm.

"What about something made ahead of time? Something someone else could make to keep with you. Maar could-" he took one look at the song Flihva and shook his head. "Never mind. And the less people, the less chance of mistakes. Or maybe I could try to make a..."

He rambled, trying to just make sense of what they were about to accomplish. He blinked as he suddenly thought of something. "Where exactly are we doing this?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:20 pm
Oh no she didn't.

Deron, had it been physically possible, would have smirked. He curled his body, like a sprinter preparing on the track, and arched his wings just before he launched forward. Forgoing caution, forgoing the sake of learning, his newly turned body (and his competitive nature) focused on the task of controlling and flapping his wings for flight.

He he been forced to brake his path, he would probably crashed, but as momentum and determination soared, so did his speed. The magicked human boy kept an eye both on the breathtakingly beautiful woman still just a bit ahead of him, and the city slowly but surely growing in size. Not too much longer before he reached an even pace and speed. Just a little more.

SpunkyOtaku

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:21 am

Ahead lay the city, behind lay the learning falcon. Lyra wasn't sure which one she felt more anticipation for: her city, the which she had created from the very foundations and the which that contained all that she held dear, or the falcon, the which would be the source of her entertainment and delight for the next... however long she had him. He was unlike anything she had ever seen before. Of course, she'd seen humans before, but this one was not her own creation. Like the girl before him, there was no pang of familiarity when she looked into his eyes, no scrap of recognizable element that Lyra would have felt had Deron been her creation. Keeping him close would give her an opportunity to learn about his origins.

Glancing back, Lyra saw that the falcon had managed to fix his flight, and he was going at a steady place. His speed was not quite on par with hers, but it was decent. At this rate, the competitive Deron would be giving her a run for her money.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:34 am

||I know, I'm sorry. It's so frustrating. :[ ||

The trees were thinning and the first glimpses of low, squat buildings came into view. The buildings were made of dull brown bricks, created from clay gathered from a nearby riverbed. The roofs were made of green interwoven leaves, thick and water-resistant. The brick and greenery were fire-resistant and although the fraes had to constantly change the thatching, the roofs were quickly and efficiently made.

"Miren Hita...taki?" Rietha repeated thoughtfully. "What a strange name, if you don't mind me saying. I've never heard of such an odd surname. Where are you from, child?"

Upon their arrival, a group of fraes, gathered about the entrance of the village, watched the trio curiously. They were especially intrigued by the underdressed human girl, accompanied by the village elder and a child. Refinne basked in the attention and proudly walked next to Miren.

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:46 am
||Yay, you got it! :]||

Maar caught the kitten's drift.

"Hey!" Maar said indignantly. "Don't cut off when you're talking about me! You don't have to make it so obvious..." In truth, Maar was a little stung, but he was being melodramatic about the whole thing. He knew he was terrible with magic, but it was fun messing with people. Maar adopted a hurt expression on his face.

Completely ignoring his foolish friend, Aväris turned his attention to Strider.

"Any magical artifacts that could be of any help are guarded and are not available to just anyone, not even Maar," Aväris replied, alluding to Maar's status though not quite touching on the fact itself. "Though I could think of a few things that would greatly help out..." A look of longing passed over Aväris's face, though his thoughts were not on the current conversation. Maar stared at Aväris suspiciously for a moment. But Aväris caught himself and returned himself to the situation at hand, pretending nothing happened. Maar continued to stare at him suspiciously and curiously, but refrained from speaking out.

"As for the place, the plains outside the city will do; we'll be away from prying eyes and watchful sentries. But most importantly, we'll be away from her."

Maar and Aväris both repressed a shudder at the thought of her.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:43 am
"Umm..." Leena looked down at her feet awkwardly. "Yes, I had a destination... and I suppose I still do. I am looking for my brother ! But I can't seem to find him. I have directions...that led me here, but he's obviously not here..."  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

SpunkyOtaku

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:22 am
Yes, hahaha! He was strong, he was fast, he was invincible! He just had to gain a bit more speed first. Just... a little... further.

Already he forwent the constant flapping of wings, getting the hang of the needed glide for flight. A powerful thrust, a second of bulleting through the gusting winds. He had not gained experience and strength, so his speed could not improve too much, though it was not from lack of trying.

As they neared the white marble city, he did not have time to blink and wonder and fully realize just where he was going and what he was doing. He was too focused on just trying to get to an even pace with the gorgeous woman he still had no name for.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:36 am
((Hey don't worry about it. You're posting, right?))

"Oh, um," she guessed it would be strange here. After all, what strange names were Refinne and Rietha? "I'm from..."

Self-consciously Miren brought her barely covered body closer to the leading woman, not taking heed if Refinne beside her. Her own brown eyes flitted about the curious fraes examining her. She did not even have the luxury to wonder and see the buildings around her.

"Judiken." she finished quietly. "South of Hyrule? In Faron woods? Have you heard of it?"

SpunkyOtaku

SpunkyOtaku

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:02 pm
((See? I IS smart!))

At Maar's melodramatic reel, Strider merely blinked his wide blue kitten eyes and licked his paw, and groomed the soft little fur on his orange stripped fur. Just keep up the cute innocent act.

Once started, he continued his grooming campaign to the bitter end while he listened to Avaris's explanation, and wondered about Maar. Next in line to become the God of Song, right? Darn, not even his status could help, whatever that was considered right now. Enough of a distraction could let one of them easily sneak into where ever the artifacts were kept, or any security-

He cut off that train of thought with a simple putting down of his paw. No, this was not a matter of life or death, such an act could not be condoned. At least, not unless he could know for sure...

Her? The tiny little ears on the kitten's head twitched. He knew that tone all too well.

"Who's 'her'?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:05 pm
"Let me see the directions." Waloen offered over the slowly increasing sound of pounding feet and fiddle and singing. "Maybe I can see if you made a mistake somewhere and I can help."  

SpunkyOtaku

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:29 pm
"Um... I don't have written directions..." Leena replied awkwardly. She finally looked up and shook her head fiercely, as if trying to shake some sense into herself. Her reddish hair flowed with her movement.

"Umm... Well, you see, I was told to come here by a friend of my brother's...." she finally said.  
-•`~The Roleplaying Realm~`•-

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff