Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Salutations, Greetings and Introductions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SiLViA CALLiSTO

2,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:08 pm
Alright, then...

I'm HikariKoukon, thirteen years old (almost fourteen) and living in the United States. I was born to a family of readers so I found txt tlk really annoying when I first encountered it (heck, it confused me when I first saw it; all I saw were numbers and badly spelled words). I also play a lot of video games on the PS2, the Game Cube, and the PC, and I also have tallents in singing, writing, and drawing (still improving on all). I also have interests in anime.

Okay, enough about me...  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:05 pm
Ello, my name is Dark and as of now I am a mere fourteen-years-old. I love to read and write and I'm very literate.

dark and demented

Holx

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:30 pm
Ok, introducing myself, and making sure to keep my grammar fairly accurate. Shouldn't be to hard so long as I'm coherent.

My name is Nicholas, I'm a nineteen year old College student currently attending a local community college just to get the basic trivial items out of the way, and I'm looking to transfer to either UF (University of Florida), or Rollins college at the moment (Nice little private school in Central FL that's rated one of the top schools in the region).

I've been honing my typing and grammatical skills for about six or seven years now by playing MUDs (Multi-user Dungeons, best described by D&D online, no pictures, just text). It was with that at age thirteen that I started typing, increasing my vocabulary, and more specifically my grammar.

Anyways, I'm still relatively new at posting forum RP games. I'm trying to get used to the habbit of logging on in constant intervals, but can't keep my interests entirely consumed. I'm rather divided at the moment trying to find something that I can truly delve into. I also play Guildwars, a fairly nice MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game) that has its perk in the sense that it doesn't require monthly fees.

Oh, and final note, I'm going to school for an AA currently and an AS (Paralegalism) and then hope to transfer over to one of those two schools for either Pre-law and a Minor in Spanish or Psychology, and seeing if I can't get into a decent graduate school for a Legal program.

That would be me in a nut shell. Yay?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:35 pm
'Ello 'ello, I'm Trynn, and GLAD to have found refuge from the Chatterbox. Ugghh. I'm sixteen, and overly OCD about grammar and punctuation. I love to role-play, which is probably how I got this way, and I simply adore all sorts of writing. I love art in almost all forms, and am planning to persue photography through college if possible. I'm currently going into the 11th grade and taking advanced classes, so once school starts up, I'll be getting a little busy and possibly not posting as much, but no worries, I'll come by. I'm also a proud member of Job's Daughters, my "youth group" of sorts, and spend much of my time with it. Otherwise, I've been playing Gaia for a year or so (not on this account, mind you) and I'm very happy to find some fellow literates. If anyone wants to talk, feel free to PM me.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Miss Conception

Phantom

Hope Everlasting

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:40 pm
Hi everyone!
My name is Aimee, but if it's easier to call me Hope that's fine. I don't mind. I'm 17 years old and just joined this guild. I really don't have that much else to say; I just wanted to introduce myself.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:58 am
Hello, everyone! Call me Kelsey, it's easier for people to remember. I am a bit of a grammar nazi; I admit it. My friends fear my Red Correcting Font of Doom. I do it when people are talking too. As a matter of fact, while reading a webcomic, I once was so upset by the spelling and grammar in the rant below the comic that I copied it, corrected it (in a red font, of course), and sent it to the person who had written the rant with a note that said, "I give you an F." He retaliated by sprinkling his next rant with deliberate typos.

I write. I write a lot. Mostly I write Harry Potter fanfiction. I post it on FictionAlley.org, because they have very stringent requirements on spelling and grammar. I am also writing a few books, but I have not yet finished them.

Here is more stuff you may wish to know about me:

Name: Call me Kelsey, call me Bre, I'm not overly picky. I'm used to answering to Kelsey online, though.
Birthday: October 8.
Position: Standing when not sitting or lying down.
Hogwarts House: Ravenclaw.
Favourite Manga: I don't really read manga.
Favourite Movie: Oh, gosh...The Adventures of Robin Hood, 1938, with Errol Flynn.
Favourite Anime: I don't watch anime. A friend of mine keeps trying to get me in the Anime Club at school, but so far, no luck.
Favourite Game: Chinese Solitaire or Rummy. Anything with cards, actually, except poker.
Favourite Live Action: Forensics--that's public speaking, not digging up dead bodies.
Favourite Food: Macaroni and cheese--any kind of pasta, really.
Favourite Drink: Apple juice, cream soda, or a cherry ice-cream soda from Doumar's.
Favourite TV programme: Law & Order, hands down. (It's really all I ever watch.)
Favourite colour: Blue and grey.
College major: Creative Writing, or it will be when I start...
Favourite Harry Potter character: Remus Lupin and George Weasley are the most fun to write. I think Ron Weasley (or the actor who plays him!) is cute, though...

Story behind my user name: Kelsey Potter was an OC (that stands for Original Character if anyone is interested) I had when I first started writing fanfiction. She was Harry Potter's long-lost twin sister, and I was rewriting the entire series (which at the time was only three books long!) to include her. There were also two other Potter children--an adopted girl by the name of Jessica, whom I killed off early on, and for some reason Cedric Diggory. I don't remember why I thought this was a good idea, but I very quickly realised it wasn't, because by Christmas I scrapped her as a character. I wrote one last story with Kelsey Potter in it--Travelling Soldiers--and "retired" her. However, I had joined FictionAlley with that name, and it was my pen name--I couldn't shake it. I started using it as my user name on other websites and quickly discovered that, while the character of Kelsey Potter was a bit of a Mary Sue, I liked being Kelsey Potter myself.

One of my best friends and I discovered we were both Harry Potter geeks when we met at Girl Scouts--it's why we're still friends now. When I told her that I wrote fanfiction and that my screen name was Kelsey Potter, she declared that if I got to be Kelsey Potter, she wanted to be a Lupin. Her "Potter persona", as she put it, was Dechorah Lupin for the longest time, but at some point she changed it to Katrina Lupin, and she has been Katrina Lupin ever since (except here on Gaia where she is Lady Slupe, a combination of Snape and Lupin). We formed a group called the Marauderettes, which numbers five: Kelsey Potter, Katrina Lupin, Bridget Black, Lucinda Snape, and...Sara, who doesn't have a Potter Persona yet.

Somewhere along the line, I gave myself the middle name of Anne--I think it was while writing another story. Yes, I was working on The Road You Take Don't Always Lead You Home, and I had a character named Kelsey Fieldman, Hermione's daughter. Hermione asked if Kelsey and her older sister Randi (Randi Harriet, if you want to know) would watch after their brother Paul. Kelsey retorted with "Does the Pope work on Sundays?" and Hermione answered, "Don't get mouthy, Kelsey Anne." The "Anne" just sort of popped in there...and I have been Kelsey Anne Potter ever since.

Oops! Sorry, I didn't intend to write a novel...  

KelseyAnnePotter

Rycil-kun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:39 am
My name is Rycil ???. (I'm not the type to tell you my last name.)

I am actually ver surprised to be invited to this guild. I don't feel that I have been litterate on fourms, and I don't seem to know anyone from this guild.

Enough of that, I am happy to find literates, but I'm not quite sure if this is the proper place to do so, but I am thinking of creating an RP version of my book, The Tale of the Twinsoul. Gaia's ADD persona has rejected it from most places, either because they think I'm trying to sell something, or because people cannot comprhend what I'm trying to do.

Great, now I sound like an elite snob...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:58 am
Hello, everyone! I'm Sheaye, but that's all you'll be getting out of me! I don't ever reveal my real name.

I'm 15 years old and new to Gaia. A friend of mine introduced me to the site, and it's wonderful so far.

My favorite color is purple, so I tend to use it a lot. x3

That's all for now, if you wish to know more, you should get to know me better! <3

Sheaye

Suneru

7,850 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:20 pm
Hello to all! I am Sune, and yeah... hi? redface  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:12 pm
Hello everyone. My name is Bob. That's all you get to hear, really. If you knew anything else, say, my SSN, you'd use it to purchase lots of stupid s**t without my consent or knowledge and therefore ruin and over-extend my credit history. You evil bastards smile .

I'm a first-year Undergrad student at New Mexico State University, and I intend to study Graphic Design when I get my gen-ed's out of the way. The reason for this is because the major marries my artistic vreativity with my love of computers, so I can work in a comfortable environment. Also, I'll end up learning Photoshop, Flash, and Maya 7, which are all programs I've alwayed wanted to use. I believe that I can finally turn most of my ideas into Flash films or maybe even independently-produced CGI short films.

Don't hate me because I stole your format razz

Name: Call me Bob, because everyone else deals...
Birthday: 6-5-86
Position: Laying, with my torso at a 35-degree incline (so I can read, duh)...
Favourite Manga: Ragnarok (when Tokyopop still cared enough to localize it).
Favourite Movie: V For Vendetta
Favourite Anime: Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
Favourite Game: Ragnarok Online
Favourite Live Action: ...V...For ******** Vendetta...
Favourite Food: Roadrunner Pizza - a local chain here in the Las Cruces/El Paso region, that serves actual "BACON" bacon on their pizzas. That, along with their signature sauce and baking methods, and add some mushroom and extra cheese to the bacon itself, and Roadrunner is REALLY tasty food.
Favourite Drink: Athrun Zala - I just recently found the recipe online, as this drink is an alcoholic drink made at the G-Style Cafe in the old Bandai museum. The recipes for all of the Gundam-themed drinked got leaked and this one involves a lot of really light liquors combined with subtle fruit flavors...Athrun Zala the character is a (censored).
Favourite TV programme: TV Sucks.
Favourite colour: Dark Blue
College major: Graphic Design

That's about it, folks. I'm a huge Gundam fan. I enjoy building Gunpla and watching older 1980's UC Gundam series. That's really all I do is pay attention to Gundam happenings...  

Cyrus Adler

Distinct Conversationalist

10,600 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Bookworm 100

[Oh Johnny]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:08 pm
I'm literate but concise. Since I was a child my mother, being an English teacher, has always corrected grammactical errors I make. As annoying as it can be, It's paid off on Gaia! I'll just close by saying I'm thrilled to be here. =^.^=  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:40 pm
Hello. I am 19 and am female. I love reading and especially writting. I have recentle been writting some poetry. I have tons of stories that I need to finish. And that is me.  

farfromsight06

Fashionable Hunter

5,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Elysynos

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:12 pm
'Ello-hay to everyone, and thank you for letting me join your guild. I don't mind what you call me as long as you don't mispronounce it smile
I've just reached the age of 18 and starting college; I'm aspiring to be a research geneticist. In a real life social setting, I'm rather quiet and unimpressive, but on paper and on-screen I can be quite verbose. Ha, actually, I'm pretty silly in any situation rolleyes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:57 pm
Hello.. my name's Brittany, though I answer to nearly anything, the result of having so many nicknames. sweatdrop
I just turned 16 recently, I'm a junior [11th grader] in high school... and I like BDSM. twisted

Dystopia Lycanthropia

mr1989foster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:53 am
Hello. I am Timothy. I have just turned 17 (the twenty-fifth of September). I am male (just to clarify) and I am British (rather than Scottish!) I am glad I was accepted to join this guild and I hope to be an avid contributer.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games