Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
NC5: Introducing an Old Man to an Old Friend Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:02 pm
Well, I went to my grandparent's home today, to mow and dig holes for my grandmother's tomato plants.
After I finished those chores, I drug a rifle case over to the table my grandfather was sitting at.
I opened the case, and extracted something familiar to him, and his face went nostalgic.
I handed him the M1 Carbine, and he worked it like he had just gone through training with it yesterday

I offered for him ot shoot it, but he couldn't. He wanted to, but it was too hot and humid. As he's really getting old, he has to use oxygen to breath properly, and heat/humidity debilitate him.
It was worth the work to see the look on his face.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:08 pm
uryu ishida
Well, I went to my grandparent's home today, to mow and dig holes for my grandmother's tomato plants.
After I finished those chores, I drug a rifle case over to the table my grandfather was sitting at.
I opened the case, and extracted something familiar to him, and his face went nostalgic.
I handed him the M1 Carbine, and he worked it like he had just gone through training with it yesterday

I offered for him ot shoot it, but he couldn't. He wanted to, but it was too hot and humid. As he's really getting old, he has to use oxygen to breath properly, and heat/humidity debilitate him.
It was worth the work to see the look on his face.

See if he would be able to go to an indoor gun range.
Those are kept at a nice temperature and good humidity.

uryu ishida
Oh.
My.
God.
Not only did I find somewhere with .30 Carbine IN STOCK, it's NOT GOUGED!
Anyone have any opinions on the Magtech all-copper rounds?

ARGH!!!!

I would say buy me some but then you'd have to mail it but you can't.

I can't find .30 Carbine anywhere. A backorder at the CMP seems like my only option.

Speaking of CMP; I wonder how many people buying ammo on there are turning around and selling it at gun shows.  

OberFeldwebel

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:44 pm
I finally got around to cleaning the PT1911 after putting 50 rounds through it, and I got one thing to say.

HOLY s**t IS WWB DIRTY.
Damn, I had TONS of carbon fouling everywhere. I used about 50 patches on it to clean it and then I had to go at the camber and feeding portion with a nylon brush (not like I own a brass brush).
Well, Berryhill's Ultimate Gun Lube holds up perfect. It had ever-so-slight fouling in it, and just wiped right off. I've replaced it. Only one or two more treatment cycles and the metal will be impregnated with it. It's great stuff.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:38 pm
uryu ishida
I finally got around to cleaning the PT1911 after putting 50 rounds through it, and I got one thing to say.

HOLY s**t IS WWB DIRTY.
Damn, I had TONS of carbon fouling everywhere. I used about 50 patches on it to clean it and then I had to go at the camber and feeding portion with a nylon brush (not like I own a brass brush).
Well, Berryhill's Ultimate Gun Lube holds up perfect. It had ever-so-slight fouling in it, and just wiped right off. I've replaced it. Only one or two more treatment cycles and the metal will be impregnated with it. It's great stuff.

Get Fiocchi or Sellier & Bellot;
Cleanest ammunition evar.

Also, Fiocchi makes the more 'exotic' ammunition;
.30 Luger, 7.62 Nagant, .455 Webley, 7.63 Mauser etc etc.

Sorry, no .32 RF  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:00 pm
OberFeldwebel
Sorry, no .32 RF
Nobody's made .32RF in twenty or thirty years. We have two boxes, but the brass is green.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff