Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
Musings of a bunny on her day. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:55 pm
Surprised no one has mentioned akitas.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:25 pm
Rainey_angel81
Dane drool is NO MATCH for the Bloodhounds!

I personally love large dogs, but I would love to have a Shi Tzu or a Pug one day.

I would also like to have a Bloodhound, a doberman, a german shepherd--I want a German german shepherd, not an American bred shepherd- an english bulldog, a bull terrier, border collie, a wolf hybrid, irish wolfhound and a scottish deer hound.
Lol don't bloodhounds also have a unique doggy odder too? XD

And you have several breeds I'd like also. Namely the border collie, doberman, and German Shepherd (German working lines) I shudder at most American lines. They look so crippled with their way over angulated rears. They also often lack the proper drive and proper temperament.

Another breeds I lust for is the Belgian Malinois

Diana- Sunegami mentioned Akita's. Lovely breed, but I prefer more biddable velcro canines.  

Krissim Klaw

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:58 pm
Pixeliciousness
So for you a part of it is the sensation of the fur itself? Are you a very tactile person, or is that just part of where you immerse yourself within the persona?

I've found I love the feel of great textures, especially when it comes to animals. I love stroking and petting animals with soft fur, like kittens and stuff. I have a Pomeranian, which is a toy breed with a LOT of fur. And his fur, especially on certain parts of him, like his paws, ears, head, and belly is very soft and silky, and just wonderful to touch.

I am also very tactile when it comes to sensuality and sex, although before people get the wrong idea, I don't associate the petting of animals with sexual or sensual things... I'm not attracted to animals in a sexual manner, no matter what furry haters might think.

But I can understand why people are into the furry thing, and could see that if a woman was mostly human but had very soft silky fur like my dog's head or a rabbit or something, that stroking that could be very sensual.

Also, I saw people playing with hair and I love it when women play with my hair! *sticks head out*  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:00 pm
Thanks Lee! You remind me of the Tenacious D lee song!

I've actually discovered a big thread for furries, as it was, seems to be sensuality and touching. Very touch oriented.

I would imagine that it would be very sensual. Really if you just softly stroke your hand along someones arm or back or face, your pretty much guranteed to get a response. I would think fur would double it for both sides, they'd get the added stimulation, and so would you.

Though, furries with the paws, wouldn't it sorta numb it some?  

Pixeliciousness

O.G. Elder

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:04 pm
Krissim Klaw
Rainey_angel81
Dane drool is NO MATCH for the Bloodhounds!

I personally love large dogs, but I would love to have a Shi Tzu or a Pug one day.

I would also like to have a Bloodhound, a doberman, a german shepherd--I want a German german shepherd, not an American bred shepherd- an english bulldog, a bull terrier, border collie, a wolf hybrid, irish wolfhound and a scottish deer hound.
Lol don't bloodhounds also have a unique doggy odder too? XD

And you have several breeds I'd like also. Namely the border collie, doberman, and German Shepherd (German working lines) I shudder at most American lines. They look so crippled with their way over angulated rears. They also often lack the proper drive and proper temperament.

Another breeds I lust for is the Belgian Malinois

Diana- Sunegami mentioned Akita's. Lovely breed, but I prefer more biddable velcro canines.

Yes..they do have a very unique odor to them, especially if you don't clean the drool off their ears or their wrinkles.

@Pixie: I do agree that Wolf hybrids are not good pets, since they have more of the feral strain in them. But it is the same with any pariah dog out there from a third world country. However, because they are crossed with a domesticated dog and then placed into a home environment right away, they are able to adapt to that lifestyle.
The great things about dogs are that they are very adaptable and are able to survice regardless of the circumstances placed in front of them.
he hybrids that I have met and trained with tend to have extreme aggression as well as the constant need to escape.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:25 pm
Thats the problem for me.

I don't want my puppy to be able to 'survive anything', its my job to take care of it so it doesn't have to worry about survival and can get to important tasks, like playing with a sock.

In the same vein, I don't know..an animal that doesn't want to be in captivity is sad to me. Like a prisoner.  

Pixeliciousness

O.G. Elder

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:34 am
Pixeliciousness
Thats the problem for me.

I don't want my puppy to be able to 'survive anything', its my job to take care of it so it doesn't have to worry about survival and can get to important tasks, like playing with a sock.

In the same vein, I don't know..an animal that doesn't want to be in captivity is sad to me. Like a prisoner.

well...personally, if something happened to me or everyone around me that left my animals alive. I would rather that they be able to live on their own than sit at the door waiting for me to come home.

I don't like how breeders have bred dogs to be so...dependent. That's where you tend to run into so many behavioral problems such as separation anxiety or general anxiety. Even facilitated aggression stems from a dependent relationship.

Dogs like to work, they like to have some place to belong. For small dogs, they may like to be lap dogs. For german shepherds, shiba inus, rottweilers, dobermans, they are naturally protective dogs. Border collies, australian shepherds, english sheepdogs are naturally herding dogs. You can breed more of a prey instinct into them and out of them, but they will always be a natural herder.
Retrievers will always be retrievers and hunters.
Hounds will always be hounds.

Let your dog be a dog

EDIT: not to be mean or anything, I just have an issue with animal rights activists that yell at you when they think you're abusing your dog by making them a service dog or having them work  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:11 am
Pixeliciousness

By that vein at least 50% of all dogs would be prisoners because they would much prefer to be allowed to roam as they please than have to stay in a fenced yard or collared and leashed when walking.

Didn't you mention you wanted a Malamute? They have a very similar temperament when it comes to independence, natural confidence/willingness to be dominant, and dog aggression. they are also a breed that would prefer to be free to run to their hearts content. They are sled dogs after all, running for hours/days in the great outdoors is in their blood.  

Krissim Klaw

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:30 am
Krissim Klaw
They are sled dogs after all, running for hours/days in the great outdoors is in their blood.

Poodles are like that too I hear.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:38 pm
Hmm...I supposed I hadn't thought of that. I guess it'd make be a bit of a hypocrite. I let my dogs wander as far as they want(during the day, there's racoons and foxes out at night), my cats come and go. I hadn't thought of that as survival though.

I guess I retract that statement. I still don't necessarily agree with 'wanting a half wolf' or a coy dog, as it where, in that I suppose that inters wanting the animals bred just to have a half feral animal.

I get bugged by people that get an animal that is absolutely miserable. Like people that get a dog then chain it up in their yard and will go days without really visiting it. Or sigfried and roy buying tigers.

I'm sorry if I bothered anyone with the comment, I must have not thought it through!  

Pixeliciousness

O.G. Elder

Shaviv

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:48 pm
We've had some success with retriever mutts. Walk them four times a day, take them to the park where they can run around, throw balls to them at home or in the park... they seem happy.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:53 pm
I like to wressle, I always keep at least two dogs, and I have a 4 year old daughter. My puppies are perpetually pooped. Stitch is a big baby though. He wants to get carried.  

Pixeliciousness

O.G. Elder

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:52 pm
Well I think Rainey was mentioning survival just to point out how adaptable dogs can be. Its one of the reasons why they not only make such popular pets but can be found doing a variety of jobs from leading the blind to herding sheep.

Rainey is also far from an average dog owner. Since you might not know she does dog training and has a lot of experience working with canines. She knows exactly what she would be getting into getting a dog from feral lines.

I certainly wouldn't advocate a wolfdog for the average owner or person looking for a pet. At the same time however I don't like to place rules that stop good people who are willing to put the time, money, and energy into getting exotic animals. I mean were do you draw the line? Is a snake too wild? Exotic parrot, surgar gliders, ferrets, praying mantis? There are some people who think all animals but cats and dogs should be banned from the pettrade. Some of these same people also support BSL and would like certain 'dangerous' breeds such as the pitbulls banned too. Wouldn't be surprised if Malamutes make the lists of should be banned dogs in some places.

Another point to note, is if someone is interested in having the joys of owning a more exotic animal that doesn't mean they have to support breeders throwing dogs and wolves together all willy nilly. There are many rescues that cater to taking in wolfdog mixes after they have become too much trouble for their original owners and are dumped.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:06 pm
I think sugar gliders should not be pets. I tried to nurse one to health after its owner died and the thing just....it was heart breaking.

I didn't know she was an animal breeder. I'm a bit of an exotic animals buff. I do volunteer at shelter/perserve. I see dangerous animals and unfit animals...well, thrown into the garbage. It really makes me upset.

I'm sure she could take care of the animal and give it alot of happiness. And probally knows more about dogs then me by far. I guess I was just vicariously expressing frustration at breeders. They make it so the animal can't survive as a pet -or- as a wild animal, and thats just....abominable.  

Pixeliciousness

O.G. Elder

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:41 pm
Pixeliciousness
I think sugar gliders should not be pets. I tried to nurse one to health after its owner died and the thing just....it was heart breaking.

I didn't know she was an animal breeder. I'm a bit of an exotic animals buff. I do volunteer at shelter/perserve. I see dangerous animals and unfit animals...well, thrown into the garbage. It really makes me upset.

I'm sure she could take care of the animal and give it alot of happiness. And probally knows more about dogs then me by far. I guess I was just vicariously expressing frustration at breeders. They make it so the animal can't survive as a pet -or- as a wild animal, and thats just....abominable.
Aww was the sugie depressed over its owner's passing? They are such social little critters and can bond very closely to their owners. There is a reason they are nicknamed bra babies. I actually plan to get some one day and find they make great pets if you know what your getting into and willing to put in the time to properly bond with them.

Sadly however you get irresponsible people owning all sorts of animals than dumping them when they are too much trouble. Seems many people don't bother to research or even use their common sense when they decide to go to a petstore *gag* and buy any animal that catches their eye.

It's nice that you volunteer. I need to get back into doing it now that I'm back home from college. I used to do a lot of volunteer work with a wildlife group known as fur and feathers. Over the summer I used to get placed with a lot of baby birds since I had the time to do the many feedings they they would need each day.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff