Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 11 Level 3 - Advanced RPs (archive)
Door 2 - The Wasteland Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SirBayer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:11 pm
"Mason!" Smith roared. "Hit the eyes! Or just smack it! Do SOMETHING!" Smith was wrestling the tentacle for his massive hammer, trying to get enough purchase on it to free up one hand to retrieve a firearm, any firearm, from absolutely nowhere. In an effort to push it away, Smith put a foot up and pushed against it - and then it swept his other out, leaving all his weight on the sledgehammer and his foot.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:45 am
"Luckily for you," Mason replied slowly, the stone of his arm shifting as he saw what stood before him, "Hitting things is among my many and varied talents." He didn't know quite what it was but it clearly was infected.

And that meant Crushing Time.

Mason rushed forward and leaped into the air with his stone arm drawn back, twisted his whole body into a mighty blow with the full force of his flying body at the creatures upper torso.  

Venom3001

NativeForeigner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:29 pm
The creature, currently involved in the tug of war over Smith's hammer, was in no way expecting the sudden blow from behind, sending it lurching towards Smith before collapsing upon him.

Now with two people in the fray, everyone had to be careful with their gunfire so as not to hit Smith or Mason.

The creature swung it's club-arm backwards towards Mason in a half-hearted attempt to knock him back. He deflected it with his stone arm, but was sent stumbling a few feet back nonetheless. As he stumbled, the tentacle became untangled from Smith's hammer and came after Mason, seeking to tangle up his legs and then constrict him. As this happened, the creature shifted as best it could to bring the club-arm back down to crush Smith.

Gunfire peppered the club-arm, causing the creature to halt mid-strike and howl in frustration and pain as gunfire severed several of the spike-like protrusions. It's club arm dropped just to the Smith's left.

It raised it again as it continued to try to keep Mason tangled with it's tentacle, this time determined to strike.
Simultaneously, the Wreck from the garage finally emerged, revealing Mick's modifications.

As well as making it friendly, Mick had also made several improvements: The Wreck now stood straight, making its total height about nine and a half feet.The combustion system was now completely internal to prevent it from being easily damaged and to allow more efficient combustion, the only external systems on the back were two steam vents that went up to about a foot above its head, which was now raised to allowed for a greater field of vision and improved cranial mobility. An antenna protruded twelve inches above the rights side of its head.

As well as all this, its legs and arms had been more heavily armored (the legs more so than the arms) and its joints have been reinforced.

The machine adjusted briefly to it's new design, experimentally moving each limb and rotating it's head while scanning for hostiles.

Mick emerged from the room, "Looks like its adjusted to its new programming." he commented as it set its sights on the creature for just a moment, the white glow from its eyes shifting to red. It took a step forward, followed by another. It quickly picked up speed, steam puffing from its vents and gears churning. It ran more quickly than its counterpart and closed the distance between it and the creature quickly, sliding to a halt and grabbing a hold of the club-arm, preventing its descent towards Smith.

With a mighty blow of steam, the Wreck overturned the thing, freeing Smith, but not yet Mason.

Max smiled, "I'm glad you understand." he nodded towards Jake, "I'm sorry to hear you won't come with us, but I also understand. I bid you farewell. Come, Orion, we haven't far to travel."

With a wave, Max led Orion a good way into the Wasteland before pausing for a moment. He flipped down the lenses of his monocle and glanced around.

"Here looks good, we're far enough away from anyone else."

Without waiting for a response, Max withdrew a small blade from one of his pockets and made an incision...in the air?

The air where he had cut began to split and open, creating an entryway not unlike that of the doors in the manor.

"The reality is weak, here, with the right tools, you can cut through it to create a pathway. It's basically a temporary door back to the manor, any rip in reality will lead you right back to the manor. We're not really sure why the Manor, but that's how it works."

He ushered Orion through and immediately followed. It was as if they had simply walked through another door, as Max had suggested, and they both found themselves walking into the Tower Room out the door labeled "2".

(Move your posts to Empyrea, Sol, right after mine)

Juliet's magazine: 0/24 (SMG) [0]/ 12/12 (Glock26) [3] | 20/20 (Five-seveN) [4]
Alastair's magazine: 36/36 (AR) [0], 12/12 (SIG) [4]
Gwen's magazine: 10/12 (HG) [1], 3/5 (Rifle) [4]
Orion's magazine: 9/12 (HG)/ 9/12 (rifle) Battery life: 80%
ROUS: 6/6 [?]
M82: 8/10 [?]
Smith's Men (1): 8
Enemy: Mid-Level Infected

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:45 pm
Smith rolled to his feet. "HAMMERS ARE GREAT FOR CUTTING, I KNOW IT!" he roared, swinging the hammer in a poorly controlled arc at the tentacle. Hopefully he wouldn't end up hitting the Wreck. Or Mason. Or anything else, really.

He really needed a bladed weapon... that would be something to remember in the future.  

SirBayer

NativeForeigner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:04 pm
Luckily, Smith managed to hit the tentacle, causing the creature to cry out in pain and release Mason.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:04 pm
"Mick, I've said it before but you're a godsdamned genius!" Mason called out, throwing the creature off him with the stone arm as he returned to his feet.  

Venom3001

NativeForeigner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:21 pm
"I know, I know." Mick hacked out as he left the room and hobbled over to the room on the opposite side of the factory. He was soon seen up on the catwalk, doing some work on the vents near the ceiling and walls.

The creature attempted to stand, but the Wreck was right above it, punching it's torso repeatedly and causing visible destruction to its flesh with each blow.
Before too much damage could be done, the creature wrapped its tentacle around the Wreck's legs and managed to knock it over with its club-arm. As the Wreck tipped backwards, the creature tightened its grip on the Wreck and used the machine's weight to pull itself up before releasing the Wreck and swinging a club-arm at Mason.

Mason's Arm: Awesome/Badass

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:30 pm
"Stop that," Mason commanded the Infected, smashing its club-arm with his golem-arm. The Infected was clearly outmatched in that respect.  

Venom3001

NativeForeigner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:39 pm
The two forces nearly canceled each other out, Mason sliding only a few feet. The tentacle began to creep its way towards Mason's golem-arm. As this happened, Smith brought his hammer around, smashing it into the creature's back, causing it to drop its club-arm and cease movement as it tried to regain its footing, its eye clamped shut.

Taking the opportunity, Mason twisted back his golem-arm and released it into a devastating punch. The creature's remaining eye opened just in time to glimpse the mass of stone crushing it with a sickening and squishy pop, rendering the creature blind.

It howled in pain, flailing about in a blind attempt to retaliate, yowling endlessly.

By this time, the Wreck had righted itself, and the next thing the creature realized was that there was a large, metal construct in it's mouth...and protruding from its back. The Wreck had punched into the thing's mouth and out its back. As the creature, stunned, choked on the fist, the Wreck gripped one side of its sideways mouth with its free hand and the other with the other hand.

The creature fought fruitlessly, its strength fading, the Wreck began to pull its mouth open, exerting a great amount of force and steam. Gears grinding, it ripped the creature apart from the mouth with a victorious, mechanical roar.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:52 pm
"Fire. Now. We need to burn the body, we can do it in the mansion," Mason ordered.  

Venom3001

NativeForeigner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:37 pm
"Mason and I will take care of the body." Smith announced, "You're free to join up with the other Guests, if you want. My men and I can handle it from here, thank you for your help. You all did great!"

The tension in the room gradually lowered, after everyone realized that the fighting was done for now.

"You want to go through the door with a "4" on it. Get some rest." Mason added.

Mark nudged Gwen, "Hey," he said, "You did good, really."

Cindy was quickly down from her position and approaching Smith.

Alastair placed a hand on Juliet's shoulder, "Are ye okay, lass?" he asked.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:28 pm
Gwen immediately turned bright pink and looked down at her shoes. "Thanks," she mumbled. Carefully, she clicked the safety onto both of her weapons. "And thanks for the loan," she added, holding them out.  

Elesariin

Bashful Lunatic

NativeForeigner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:25 pm
Cindy approached and saluted Smith before addressing him. She spoke with him briefly afterward, just out of earshot from Gwen and Mark. After a moment of supposed thought, Smith nodded. Cindy saluted and headed for Gwen.

"Hey sweetie! You did great out there, how are you feeling?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:43 pm
Jake walked in to the factory. A relax aura filled the room that did not loosen the tension around Jack. Though many wouldn't notice, those who did could tell that the news brought by him would not be joyous. He approached Smith and saluted then said, “Smith, somethings happened that I need to tell you and the civilians.” Jake's face couldn't be read though the tension around him could.  

Dark Angel of Sol

SirBayer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:21 pm
Juliet shook her head, feeling somewhat ignored by her puppet-master sighing. "I've been better," she responded honestly, holstering her handgun. "Think there's any point in holding on to this submachine gun?" she asked Alastair. "No ammo left, not in this one, no spare magazines."

Smith turned to Jake. "Nobody's stoppin' you from speaking." To Mason, he said aside, "Why burn the body in the mansion? Here's as good as anywhere."  
11 Level 3 - Advanced RPs (archive)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff