Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Miscellaneous Threads
Getting in shape for cosplay - Support~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BLUEthefishDRAGON

6,700 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:50 pm
Dr Rex
BLUEthefishDRAGON
So, I thought I'd put up my goals.. hehe.
Um, I'm not the thinnest person you've ever met.. 5'2'', 230 pounds... and I'm rather young.. its depressing. I want to cosplay but I'm too big. Now I know almost everyone here will say "Oh don't mind people you're fine" But I know in the back of each and every single one of your minds you're thinking of that one HORRIBLE cosplay of a chick who was just too fat..

SO, as of recently I've been pushing myself. I do some crunches, sit-ups etc every once in awhile.. I've really fixed my diet..I mean.. its a drastic change.
I'm eating, instead of 3 HUGE meals a day, 4-5 Small meals. And by small I mean, for example, yesterday I had a yogurt for breakfast, a lean pocket for lunch, a banana around 3, noodles for dinner, and another yogurt later that night.

I'm also starting to drop weight from a random drastic weight gain because of some medication I'm on. It sucked.

I've been an asthmatic all my life and for as long as I can remember, I've struggled with an eating disorder and sever depression. I could really use some support in my choice to drop this weight so that hopefully by my next con (not a&g in march) I'll be able to have a cosplay put together and be able to show off smile

Cardio... Nothing will help you burn faster than that.

You said you were asthmatic, I suggest going for fast paced walk for 1-2 miles. do it at enough of a pace it labors your breathing and take effort to sustain but not enough to make you have an attack. once you are comfy with that start adding spurts of jogging using the same rules as above. Your asthma will get better by a moderate degree and you should start seeing results.

Also, your meals seem like they aren't set. if you eat three standard sized meals a day while doing some calorie counting to stick around 2000-2500 range for the day that alone will help. Body will start clinging to everything you give it if you eat at erratic times and only eat a few bites when you do eat. My two cents worth :/

Exercise. Doing crunches and everything is good for building yourself but don't make that all you do. My lunch is over but I will post some good easy ones for you after work.

Thanks.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:16 am
Wow! What an awesome idea. Im so glad there is a thread like this here. biggrin Wel this year both of my kids are in school and Ive had a hard time getting a job. So basically Ive been here alone..sitting on my computer all day since school started. I also quit smoking back in November and than there came Christmas..lol. Needless to say Ive gained about 15 lbs this year. gonk Right now Im 5'3 and at 136. So basically I need to just quit being lazy and do something..lol. I have till September so Im pretty sure I can do it. I want to get back down to like 120-125. Im thinking about picking up running really. We live in a nice neighborhood for running. I really dont eat a whole lot but Im gonna make sure i buy more raw veggies to snack on throughout the day. And I guess I need to cut down on my most precious coffee. crying  

Mibelle26

xXMakorikXx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:41 am
So i weighed myself and i am currently at:
140 lbs
:]
and my next goal is 135 lbs. so 5 lbs to lose.

keep it up everyone~

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:32 am
So i finally started working out today..lol. I did 20 minutes of cardio(kickboxing/bootcamp video) and 10 minutes of pilates core exercises. Ive also whatched what I ate. I hope I can keep the motivation up! biggrin User Image  

Mibelle26

BLUEthefishDRAGON

6,700 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:32 am
UPDATE: So, been doing some cardio, been playing some wii fit as well.

Currently 225.

Hoping by A&G to be down to 215 which is about what I weighed last year at that con. Hoping by May 1st to be under 200.

I want to be 160 by the end of all of this. smile
seems I'm doing ok now. Also. meals are now 3 a day. Usually breakfast is yogurt still. Usually lunch is sandwich, banana (or other fruit), and drink. Still drinking pop, but intake has dropped SEVERELY. Also drinking more water.
Dinner is kinda random.. but serving is much less than usual

I'm really proud of myself, I've been over 200 pounds for 2 years now.. I want to be back down to a decent weight again and just keeping a log along with others for support has helped smile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:26 am
Ok SO i'm not exactly outta shape or fat just have a tiny bit of pudge i'd like to get ride of and then start to tone and gain muscel mass i'm 6'6" 210lbs  

immortalguardian

8,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200

xXMakorikXx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:39 am
immortalguardian
Ok SO i'm not exactly outta shape or fat just have a tiny bit of pudge i'd like to get ride of and then start to tone and gain muscel mass i'm 6'6" 210lbs

6'6"?!?!? wow, ur tall xD  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:05 am
xXMakorikXx
immortalguardian

lol yea i know ^_^ i love being tall however i don't enjoy having random people at walmart going "excuse me can you please get this off the top shelf for me" lol gets annoying after awhile  

immortalguardian

8,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:41 pm
LOL I feel so weird because I have not put an update on here 4 a while.
I was 144 I went down 2 140 and then I went up 2 146 pounds right now (hopefully muscle). I am 6'1 (yes I am thin, but things still jiggle a little).

So I just got DDR a few days ago and I have been playing that 4 a bit, it makes me work up a sweat. I do crounches once in a while. I usually eat chicken, fish or ham during lunch with a side of rice and some veggies (broccoli, potatoes, carrots, etc.) I stopped drinking soda and I drink cranberry juice or water. I take vitamins and I also have fiber powder thing (probably not important) that I have 2 put in my water b4 I sleep.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:22 pm
Just checked my weight this morning. Down to 180. Might be all from my stomach but at least I know I can loose something.  

Myopsida

Demonic Dabbler

9,475 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Overstocked 200

Hypocritical Persecution

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:31 pm
immortalguardian
xXMakorikXx
immortalguardian

lol yea i know ^_^ i love being tall however i don't enjoy having random people at walmart going "excuse me can you please get this off the top shelf for me" lol gets annoying after awhile

Damn, but we rely on tall people! None of the staff are around when you actually need them...

I started doing some cardio on Monday, and then did the same thing again Tuesday and it was a full body workout. My muscles must've shaped my fat, because it's already showing results. I'm following this calorie rule.. It makes sense I guess, it's not cutting out major amounts of calories, just saying you should eat 10-12 calories per pound if you're dieting, or 14-16 per pound regularly. If I actually follow that, the last thing I eat tonight is dinner, which would be a good idea.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:17 am
Gaymeboy
immortalguardian
xXMakorikXx
immortalguardian

Damn, but we rely on tall people! None of the staff are around when you actually need them...

I started doing some cardio on Monday, and then did the same thing again Tuesday and it was a full body workout. My muscles must've shaped my fat, because it's already showing results. I'm following this calorie rule.. It makes sense I guess, it's not cutting out major amounts of calories, just saying you should eat 10-12 calories per pound if you're dieting, or 14-16 per pound regularly. If I actually follow that, the last thing I eat tonight is dinner, which would be a good idea.

Yea cutting calories and snacks outta the equation is a good idea! i lost my first pound today ^_^ i just want my six pack back sweatdrop  

immortalguardian

8,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200

Hypocritical Persecution

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:15 am
immortalguardian
Gaymeboy
immortalguardian
xXMakorikXx
immortalguardian

Yea cutting calories and snacks outta the equation is a good idea! i lost my first pound today ^_^ i just want my six pack back sweatdrop

I heard eating sixe small meals helps also. When you at less and more frequently is supposedly fires up your metabolism and keeps it going.

A six pack? Man, I've been skinny before from stomach exercises, but never have I had a six pack. How the heck did you do it?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:32 pm
immortalguardian
xXMakorikXx
immortalguardian

HOMG can i be one of those people xD i love tall people, they're sooo cool...so therefore. you're cool x]  

xXMakorikXx

Hypocritical Persecution

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:44 pm
Today, I found this cool site, so it's easier to manage your diet. Just enter your goal per week, and body info, and it'll give you your Daily intake guide. It's going to help me, so I don't have to fret over calculating everything right, or reading a s**t ton of labels.

livestrong.com

And of course it depends on what kind of diet your on. I myself, if I hadn't said it earlier, am on a high-protein diet, but the Daily intake for me should me 35g. Which, might be enough, but I'm probably eating more than that. Eating lots of protein isn't going to detriment your health, so...

Basically, if you're hoping on making dieting a little easier, go sign up. It's free, and it's helps a lot.  
Miscellaneous Threads

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff