Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
~Merry Meet~ The Introduction Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PurpleSyn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:55 pm

Name: PurpleSyn (You can call me Syn for short.)
Path: Eclectic Pagan with perspectives from many other religions.
Likes: I love to learn new things, helping people, animals (especially horses and dogs), my children, strategy games, RPGs, music of many types, pizza, drawing, chinese food (moo goo gai pan), seafood, horseback riding, reading
Dislikes: Closed-minded people, rats, snakes, mustard unless its on a hot dog or corn dog, lies, hypocrasy, back-stabbers
Details: I am a 35 year old mother of 3 (ages 16, 14 and 11 mos.). I live in a community that is right in the middle of the bible belt so, its difficult to find people who aren't pagan wanna-be's to talk to or hang out with, not to mention open minded enough to tolerate a 'witch' in their midst. I was raised in the Presbyterian religion but never really felt like it was quite right for me. I found Wicca about 10 years ago and jumped in with both feet though I have cooled my jets somewhat over the years since then. I've also developed my own philosophies concerning religion.. most parallel some part of modern religion though there are a few beliefs that I've come up with on my own. I'm always open for conversation and I'm looking forward to participating in this guild.
Personal Statement: When you're handed lemons, ask for the salt and tequila.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:02 pm
Name: Zachery
Path: Shinto/ecclected pagan-of-sorts, though i worship no deities, and dislike being associated with any of the pagan paths as religions. -.- i study the practices, but do not worship the gods.
Likes: all kinds of art forms (which are NOT at all limited to what everyone else calls art. even murder can be an art if you know how to make it artfull.), beauty of every kind. (once again, very broad, and is nnot limited by the norm.), all kinds of myths and supersticions (alot of which i don't believe in.), stones and their stories and powers, expanding my vocabulary, learning how to manipulate the world, learning in general, and thinking over many things in the world in a search for understanding and theorizing everything.
Dislikes: my biggest hatred is discrimination, and prejiduce. i also have a strong dislike toward an ordered society. i hate civilization. i want to be an anarchist. maybe find a way to revert the world back to being mainly nomadic, and having no need for an economy.
Details: trust me, too much to tell... -.-
Personal Statement: just when i thought i've seen it all...again. i think i have to stop thinking that. sweatdrop  

twilight insanity

Jette Vala

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:22 pm
Name: Fall of the Daystar

Path: Educated in Gardnerian Wicca, seeking a Celtic path.

Likes: Another list of epic proportions. *Deep breath* Religions, ancient history, writing, reading, occasionally drawing, historic movies, learning, video games (I had to counter the 'learning' thing somehow. XD), anime, cosplay, period dress, Renaissance Faires, hiking, playgrounds, FERRETS! (I have one, he's badass). And, coming soon, when I have the cash to gain the proper tutelage: horseback riding, period costume making, martial arts, fencing, and a plethra of other odd crafts.

Dislikes: Obnoxious behavior, rude behavior, pessimism, watching/reading the news, snow.

Details: Let's see... I'm Fall, I'm 22. Straight, single, female... About 5' 5", I suppose those are the basics. XD On to something more substantial!

Everyone and their grandmother is an aspiring writer, or artist, or some other fabulous thing that promises no hope of profit or grandeur....

I won't lead you to believe that I'm going to be any different. ^_^ False hope is no fun.

So, yes, I'm aspiring novelist, throwing all my hope into my way with words. (I promise, my fantasy turns out much better than my biographies. XD) Though, right now, I'm a sales account manager in an industrial supply distribution center. Not nearly as romantic.

On top of that, I plan to own a metaphysical shop someday in the near future. Call it my five year plan. Partnering up with my (unconventional) Christian soul-sister Jessi, we shall dominate the whole of the greater Worcester area! *Insert maniacal laughter here.*

*coughdie* x_x

Right, so just making a living will be fine with me. Money isn't a big deal in my life, and never has been. Which is a GOOD thing!

Anyhow, I'm fairly friendly, I like making new friends, and, as to be expected of a member of this guild, I'm very open-minded!

Personal Statement: "We're all a part of one world
We all can share the same dream
And if you just reach out to me
Then will find deep down inside
I'm just like you."
~ Celtic Woman - One World

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:01 pm
Name: Eliza

Path: Celtic. earth based wicce, but looking for more education.

Likes: Victoriana, celtic history/ art work, tattoos, graphic novels, art in general, the summer time, paranormal and occultism, amphibians and fish, hiking, walking, outdoorsie stuff, writing and fruit! Oh yeah and my hubby!

Dislikes: Cheese! Being in the city too long and chavs!

Details: I'm totally shy, 21, short a**. I want to be a graphic novelist when I finally get out of university. I've turned to paganism due to my love of the countryside. I am drawn to the more rustic and natural side of life and find my love and religion out doors and I want to pay my respect and show my love for it. I've felt this way since I was a child as I was brought up rurally but I've desided to do something about the way I feel.

Personal Statement:
Ah, can't think of anything now...  

She Who Hunts Angels

MollyFu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:56 pm
Name: my friends call me Eris....of chaos that is...no seriously

Path: Hedgewitch, kitchenwitch following mostly Seax-Wica with many other influences.

Dislikes: being called a "chick", being ignored, and anyone that uses the word "irregardless".

Details: Married mum of twins married to a Christian that accepts me for who I am. I've studied 5 or 6 religions before I turned to Wicca. Still studying today.

Personal Statement: "Say nothing and let them think you're daft, instead of opening your mouth and removing all doubt."  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:07 am
Okay... new here, so here's an intro...

Name: Jessica Cathryn (AKA Tree)
Path: A mixed one! Mostly Wild Witchcraft with some Faerie, Folk, and Wicca mixed in.
Likes: Drawing/Painting, Reading, Writing, Dogs, Cats, Movies/TV, Trees, Cooking, Candle Making and Witchcraft of course!
Dislikes: Close minded people, and people who say they'll do stuff just to be nice, but don't really mean it (if you say you'll do something you should at least mean it at the time!).
Details: I'm an artist/writer who works hard to bring about the Greening (it's a spiritual greening - something to bring Mundane and Magic closer together for everyone through creative work like art, writing, cooking, teaching etc). I do a lot of trance journey and consulting with Faerie.
Personal Statement: Treat others as you would like to be treated, even if they don't treat you that way. Know yourself.  

JessicaCathryn

SonarP

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:44 pm
Name: SonarP
Path: None, but hoping to follow a shamanic path
Likes: Video games, tv, music, reading/writing/drawing/painting, going outside and being able to hang around with other people, teaching/learning, using the Timmy, (astral, whenever I get the chance to) traveling,....just getting out there and being active!
Dislikes: People who say paganism is "bad" without any proof other than it's "fiend's worship", or say that homosexuality/bisexuality, etc is "a disease", the texture of onions, bell peppers...and other things.
Details: Maybe I'm a bit of a fluff bunny. I consider myself to be, but I'm sincere in what I want to do. I want to find a path, all the while finding myself and helping people. I live in Florida, not too far from a stick-ville called Brandon. I'm a high school senior going on to a community college with the hopes of majoring in psychology, also wanting to take on massage therapy and botany. I was one of those kids on "special skittles", and that wasn't too good for me. One of the meds did let me travel in astral for a while. And a friend of mine began to help me discover some things that I'd never even think I'd know unless I was a fictional character. ^_^;
I've been researching shamanism for about 6-9 months now, and I'm trying to develop little theories that tie in psychology and spirituality. I'm also trying to find pagan communities where I might be able to reach them..I don't know if it's right to even call myself "in the broom closet" right now since I have no path. My family is Christian, save for me and my brother. The only ones who know that I want to do this is my brother and my father. My father encourages it. He just wants me to have an instructor that he can "see", since, if I were to follow a path and grow stronger, I'll have entities that won't be so friendly, as well as other situations that may come up.
Personal Statement: "I know people are going to be better than me, and some people are going to be at a lower level than me. It would be foolish to become vain or haughty, but it happens sometimes. Hey, I'm only human!...As far as I know." heart

Yeah..I'm new here.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:11 am
Name: Physical: Joanna Hendrdicks, Magickal: Phaedra Metsa (background on this further down.)

Path: Wicca (for all of eight months)

Likes: Reading, swimming, rain, outdoors, proper spelling and grammer even though I suck at it, all water, small spaces, some hights as long as I'm not standing on a crumbling cliff, mentors as long as they aren't too bossy, sitting in the trees or by a brooke when a bird comes to sit on me (this has actually happend and it was SO cool! biggrin ), moonlight streaming through a window or onto my face, freah air, 90 degree weather, writing, Fantasy reading, archery, (more to come as I think of it.)

Dislikes: My bad spelling, people that think they can diss a good writer just because he/she isn't there to defend themselves, the fact that most people hate me for no good reason (not an exageration.), emnotional pain, biggtary, (more to come as I tihnk of it).

Details: I'm 14 and just started learning Wicca about eight months ago. I would like to learn as much as I can but I have to keep everything secret from my parents who are strong christians. I would love to have a mentor in Colorado (where I live) who I could actually meet with, I learn things better that way. Oh, and my other account got banned for something I didn't do, Arya Elda was the name, and I'm trying to fix it.

About my magick name: I bought a book of names that would be good for that purpose and I really liked Phaedra and Metsa so I decided to use Phaedra as a kind of first name and Metsa as a kind of last name. Phaedra is greek, she was a goddess, I don't like her background much, but I didn't decide that. (She did it with her son and then told her husband that her son molested her, her son got hung or excuted. In some versions she kills herself and in others she lives.) and Metsa is Finnish and means forest, I've always liked the woods and trees so I thought it would be approite. It took me almost three weeks to decide on it.

I think that's all. I know it's a lot to read but that's not even the half of it. If you want to chat or be my mentor please pm me as I won't be checking this or anything else very often because of my parents. Or you could e-mail me at arya.elda@yahoo.com

Phaedra Metsa

cheezypopcorn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:09 am
Name: cheezypopcorn
Path: Finding my way as a pagan
Dislikes: relgious people with nothing better to do then make fun of there peoples religion
Details:I am a person that hates people who stand around doing nothing to help with any issue
Personal Statement: Life has many twist and turns, sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worst. Though this is true I keep moving on, even if I wish not to, I do think that it is worth all the effort that I put forth. This may just be a rambling signature but I put my true feelings into it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:39 am
Name: Alanna
Path: A really messed up path that is based on Buddhist and Pagan ideas
Dislikes: Closed-minded people
Details: I am your friendly neighborhood nutcase. I am in love with the world, and really, do I want it any other way?
Personal Statement: Hakuna Matata.  

Wings Akimbo

safkef

Liberal Shopper

10,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:23 pm
Name: Susan

Path: Eclectic Pagan. My path is positive

Likes: my daughter, positivity, gaia, neopets, homeschooling, my family, reading, writing.

Dislikes: negativity. Any path that embraces hate or discord.

Details: I am a happy homeschooling pagan mom and nanny. I love my life and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Personal Statement: We are all responsible for our own lives and what happens to us.  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:14 pm
Name: Zachary

Path: Atheist

Likes: Reading, drawing, hiking, meditating, drinking, Ralph Waldo Emerson. I like nice, independent, self-reliant people.

Dislikes: judgmental or dishonest people. I don't like it when people make assumptions or jump to conclusions.

Details: I am a current college student with an undecided major

Personal Statement: Envy is ignorance, imitation is suicide.-Ralph Waldo Emerson  

Hen-na-gaijin

twilight insanity

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 4:58 pm
SonarP
Name: SonarP
Path: None, but hoping to follow a shamanic path
Likes: Video games, tv, music, reading/writing/drawing/painting, going outside and being able to hang around with other people, teaching/learning, using the Timmy, (astral, whenever I get the chance to) traveling,....just getting out there and being active!
Dislikes: People who say paganism is "bad" without any proof other than it's "fiend's worship", or say that homosexuality/bisexuality, etc is "a disease", the texture of onions, bell peppers...and other things.
Details: Maybe I'm a bit of a fluff bunny. I consider myself to be, but I'm sincere in what I want to do. I want to find a path, all the while finding myself and helping people. I live in Florida, not too far from a stick-ville called Brandon. I'm a high school senior going on to a community college with the hopes of majoring in psychology, also wanting to take on massage therapy and botany. I was one of those kids on "special skittles", and that wasn't too good for me. One of the meds did let me travel in astral for a while. And a friend of mine began to help me discover some things that I'd never even think I'd know unless I was a fictional character. ^_^;
I've been researching shamanism for about 6-9 months now, and I'm trying to develop little theories that tie in psychology and spirituality. I'm also trying to find pagan communities where I might be able to reach them..I don't know if it's right to even call myself "in the broom closet" right now since I have no path. My family is Christian, save for me and my brother. The only ones who know that I want to do this is my brother and my father. My father encourages it. He just wants me to have an instructor that he can "see", since, if I were to follow a path and grow stronger, I'll have entities that won't be so friendly, as well as other situations that may come up.
Personal Statement: "I know people are going to be better than me, and some people are going to be at a lower level than me. It would be foolish to become vain or haughty, but it happens sometimes. Hey, I'm only human!...As far as I know." heart

Yeah..I'm new here.

fairly odd parents, i love bell peppers, and i just had to point that out. what i realy want to say is,
it is silly to think you don;t have a path. you are going after something right? and just being alive you have a spiritual path, whether you know what your believingin or not. just because some people say that you don't have a pth just because your not of a particular religion, or havn't but barely even started on one, doesn't mean that they are right. you have a path. you are interested in, and learning about, shaminism. see? ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:51 pm
Name: Kelzari
Path: Eclectic Pagan
Likes: Being in nature, animals (especially felines), singing, reading, astrology, tarot, sudoku, taking naps
Dislikes: Being rushed or pressured into doing things I don't want to do, hypocrites, dishonesty, negative energy, people that don't care about the environment or their fellow man/animals
Details: I am a 20 year old female currently at a point of confusion regarding what I want to do and experience in this lifetime. I have always maintained an intense interest in spirituality, the occult, witchcraft and mythology, and am always thirsting for more knowledge of this sort. I consider myself pagan, however I am always open to learning more about any sort of religion and incorporating ideas from them into my belief structure if they feel right for me. Astrology is a great love of mine and I have been studying it for many years now. I am also a strong believer in reincarnation.
Personal Statement: "That one cannot endure within itself it finds as a fault in others. That thou findest as a fault in others is thine own greatest fault, ever." -- Edgar Cayce  

Kelzari

Belial750

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:59 pm
Name: Greg (Belial is my internet Identity when I don't feel the need to use my real name, Belial is a demon of sorts smile read apocrypha, its amazingly fun)

Path: Agnostic atheist

Likes: Theology, philosophy, history, europe, reading, writing, conspiracies(interesting to read up on), ancient stuff, Myths, polytheism, monotheism, Atheism, the girlfriend, music, books, professors, colleges. people willing to teach me what I want to know. I am a teacher and a student. Just as it should be.

Dislikes: people who do are unaccepting of different religions (however i am not keen on satanism, ask and i will answer). But I try to be nice anyways. I don't like disrespectful men who hit on girls who they KNOW have a boyfriend. Its just rude. people who debate with pure opinion and no support

Details: I breathe religion. It is my passion to learn and to teach it. I have my own agenda to learn as much as I can. This requires me to take teachers. But I am accepting of them. I am an EX-RRS(rational response squad) member. I previously ran the teen sect of RRS(free thinking teens) and had began the Ohio sect of RRS. But I have found them to be too... aggressive. I have an abundance of theological information. I will most likely know an answer to a question you have. If not, I will find out. I am meticulous. I love martial arts (9 years of training so far) ninja

Personal Statement(s):

"It is not our purpose to become each other; it is to recognize each other, to learn to see the other and honor him for what he is: each the other's opposite and complement." - Hermann Hesse

"Sometimes lies were more dependable than the truth." - Ender

"How mysterious this life was, how deep and muddy its waters ran, yet how clear and noble what emerged from them." - Narcissus  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff