Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:14 pm
Pluto of Time
Ariana was nervous as they entered into the Great Hall. She knew that this was it. She would start her first year at Hogwarts hoping to be placed in Ravenclaw like her father. SHe gave a small jump as her name got called. With her shaky legs, she made he way over to the stool and placed the worn out hat on her head, slipping over her eyes. She could here a voice whispering in her ear.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm I very quiet girl. I am fairly intelligent even if it does not always show show it with a little bit of wit to go along with it. My friends say that I am loyal to my family and my friends. I have learned some patience, however sometimes it may not always seem like that.

"Ariana Knethell!" the Professor squinted as he read the last name. It had been smeared slightly on the document, so he hoped he had said the name correctly. When the girl approached the stool, she nearly stumbled. When she finally sat on the stool, Icarus placed the Sorting Hat on another student's head.

User Image

The Sorting Hat
User Image

"Hmm... let me see..."
the Sorting Hat whispered to itself,
"a-ha! You have the potential to succeed best in...
Ravenclaw!"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:21 pm
Vavila
Jackyll Coldstring
User Image

Jackyll walked into the great hall. His brothers descriptions couldn't tell him what he was seeing right now. He smirked as he waited for his name to be called. Everyone in his family seemed to be placed somewhere differently. When his name was called he handed some random person his cat to hold onto as he went up to the sorting hat. He was slightly nervous but he wouldn't show it.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm A person who can't stay out of trouble. Its not my fault that strange switches just look so shiny and the secret passage ways aren't so secret.

"Jackyll Coldstring!" the Professor smiled at the boy as he walked up to the stool and sat upon it. Icarus almost knew the house of the boy even before the Sorting Hat called it.

User Image

The Sorting Hat
User Image

The Sorting Hat barely brushed
Jackyll's head before shouting,
"Slytherin!"

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:26 pm
ElegantVictiorainRose
User Image

Nevin was amazed by the look of the room. His heart was racing as he approached the stool. He closed his eyes tight hoping he'd get the same house that Cyrus will get.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm shy, closed off, unsocial, pretty much anything that combined together would mean wimp...ya....I don't like to get into or cause trouble. My sister tends to stick up for me and it makes everyone laugh...she says I need to be a man and stick up for myself..but it's so hard to do sometimes... But if you asked my family they would say I am nice, smart, a big help when someone needs it. I tend to be more open around my family.

"Nevin Asphodel!" Professor Skylar's eyes scanned the group of first years, until one came up to the stool. Nevin sat down on the rickety stool and Icarus gently placed the Sorting hat on his head.

User Image

The Sorting Hat
User Image

"Quiet... hmm... but a good heart,"
the Sorting Hat muttered to itself,
"You want to be with your sister,
but I know you are best suited for...
Hufflepuff!"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:29 pm
ElegantVictiorainRose
User Image

Levana smiled as she saw her brother enter the room. She was so excited about being sorted she couldn't sit still. Once her name was called she rushed to the stool.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm Calm, cool, collected. I like to keep a level head in stressful situations and am not afraid to hurt someone if my brother or friends are threatened. I am a kind person who likes to be social and make friends.

"Levana Asphodel!" Professor Skylar wondered if they were related and, if they were, were they twins? Either way, when Levana sat down, the Hat plopped onto her head.

User Image

The Sorting Hat
User Image

"Ahhh... your brother must learn
to stand up for himself.
And I know that your courage
to stand up to those who would harm him
make you a great asset to...
Gryffindor!"

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:32 pm
ElegantVictiorainRose
User Image
Dante covered his mouth as he yawned. He knew EXACTLY what house he was to be placed in. He had always wanted to be in Slytherin ever since he could remember. That was were all of the elite witches and wizards went. Although he didn't like to flaunt it, Dante felt he was one of the elite.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm Arrogant, conceited, and quick to anger.Oh and I have received cocky as a description of me except I can back up my cockiness.

"Dante Prince!" Icarus was dancing with joy on the inside. Another boy who smelled like a Slytherin! Icarus' hands shook with joy as he placed the hat on Dante's head.

User Image

The Sorting Hat
User Image

Just as it had with Jackyll,
the Sorting Hat didn't even get a chance
to fall on Dante's head,
"Slytherin!"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:44 pm
Gideon Commando
John "Hans" Mason
First Year
User Image
John hadn't looked around much when they entered the hall, he was too shy to look any of the other students in the face. He stood thier quietly with his, seemingly more excited, classmates until his name was called. He hadn't looked around until he sat upon the stool in front of the hall and was amazed by the grandeur of it as he awaited for the feeling of the hat being place on his head.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm usually fun loving yet shy but with a rarely seen dark side that only comes out when I feel extreme anger.

"John Mason!" Professor Skylar called out calmly. He was happy that there would be a few Slytherins this year. It pleased him greatly.

He put the Sorting Hat on John's head and waited for the hat's response.

User Image

The Sorting Hat
User Image

"I would not put you in Slytherin
because I see you dislike snakes.
That makes two of us,"
the Sorting Hat chuckled,
"I believe that you will do well in...
Hufflepuff!"

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:47 pm
Sparkycc
~Layla Wolfe~
Layla stood staring around the massive room. "Wow", she whispered looking at all the students and the ceiling, where she could see all the stars.
It took her a minute to register that her name had been called. She skipped excitedly up to the Sorting hat. She sat on the stool, and the hat was placed on her head....

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a very intelligent student, but very modest about my abilties. A kind, loving person.

"Layla Wolfe!" the Professor placed the hat on the girl who was eagerly waiting to be sorted. She had almost raced up the steps to sit on the stool to be sorted.

User Image

The Sorting Hat
User Image

"What a vast,
knowledgeable mind you have,
my dear," the hat chuckled,
"This choice is quite simple,
you would do well in...
Ravenclaw!"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:52 pm
Akureikami
User Image
A little scared to be separated from his new friend, Cyrus tried to focus on breathing and not running into anything. He found himself hoping feverently that Nevin would be in the same house as him. When his name was called he carefully moved up there. This was not a place he wanted to trip in.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a bit quiet but I don't always stay that way. I love to have fun even if that means sometimes doing things that'll get me introuble. I like to study and learn about everything I can. Sometimes I find myself day dreaming and tend to ignore people when I do that, so alot of people think I'm snooty because of it.

"Cyrus Eli Keaton!" Icarus was becoming more and more confident. Perhaps the spiked pumpkin juice Yuki had given him earlier had anything to do with it?

Icarus put the Sorting Hat on the boy and hoped for another Slytherin.

User Image

The Sorting Hat
User Image

The hat was silent for a few moments,
making the room eerily quiet.
Then, without warning,
The Sorting Hat called out,
Hufflepuff!"

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:56 pm
SearchingDreams
Lori Hansley was surprised. For the first time since she left her father in the train station she was nervous. She had made it so far without it really setting in. Lori had grown up in a large mansion that had been passed through the Hansley family for centuries, so she wasn't afraid of the humongous castle, and hers was a wizarding family, so she wasn't afraid of the magical ceiling or the fact that she was surrounded by witches and wizards. But there was something that made her nervous, almost twitchy. She wouldn't be the first one to get sorted, but she knew that she was about to be put into one of the four houses for the rest of her Hogwart's student life. There wouldn't be any changing, she would be stuck and she hoped that the hat chose the right one for her or else her school life would be down hill from here.

It was finally her turn. Her name was called and she took a firm hold on her kitten as a means to keep her hands still. Lori didn't want the other students to see that she was shaking, and if it looked like it now then she could always blame it on the cat. She took a seat on the stool and felt the sorting hat fall over her head. It was way too big and it settled over her nose. She sneezed before she could stop it.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm cold hearted and strong willed. They say that I am selfish and I expect things to go my way. I'm not greedy, in fact I find having everything in excess is just as bothersome as having nothing at all. I am calculating, and play the cards to my advantage even if it means occasionally hurting someone along the way.

Icarus pouted, his heart beginning to ache from the lack of Slytherins. He just wanted one more! "Lori Hansley!" the professor sounded down.

He placed the Sorting Hat on the girl's head and waited for the house to be called.

User Image

The Sorting Hat
User Image

The hat whistled,
"Your personality would
suit you best - undoubtedly - in...
Slytherin!"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:59 pm
Saoyuan
Andrew Walfred
1st year

=============

Andrew walked into the great hall, He get interested with the ceiling of the great hall when he look up.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm Kind, polite and not very talkative. I don't likes fighting over unnecessary matters and I will stand up if someone hurt my friends. I am happy making a lot of friends and I am getting angry when something is not in the right place.

"Andrew Walfred!" the professor was so happy with another Slytherin, he didn't even care what house this student got in. Well, he did care... just not as much.

User Image

The Sorting Hat
User Image

"Your willingness to stand up for what's right
has led me to believe that,"
the Sorting Hat cleared its throat,
"you will be best for...
Gryffindor!"

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

Vavila

8,600 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:59 pm
Vampire Toy
Vavila
Jackyll Coldstring
User Image

Jackyll walked into the great hall. His brothers descriptions couldn't tell him what he was seeing right now. He smirked as he waited for his name to be called. Everyone in his family seemed to be placed somewhere differently. When his name was called he handed some random person his cat to hold onto as he went up to the sorting hat. He was slightly nervous but he wouldn't show it.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm A person who can't stay out of trouble. Its not my fault that strange switches just look so shiny and the secret passage ways aren't so secret.

"Jackyll Coldstring!" the Professor smiled at the boy as he walked up to the stool and sat upon it. Icarus almost knew the house of the boy even before the Sorting Hat called it.

User Image

The Sorting Hat
User Image

The Sorting Hat barely brushed
Jackyll's head before shouting,
"Slytherin!"

He smirked...He was the first one in his family to become a Slytherin. His mother would be wherry but he really couldn't care less. He walked up to the slytherin Table  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:00 pm
~Christine Grass~

Christine walked in and stood silently waiting.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm nice but can be a real mean person.Some think I'm an angel but normally they don't get near me because I'm so mean sometimes.  

KAMT

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:36 pm
KAMT
~Christine Grass~

Christine walked in and stood silently waiting.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm nice but can be a real mean person.Some think I'm an angel but normally they don't get near me because I'm so mean sometimes.

"Christine Grass!" Icarus was eager now to see where this student would go as he placed the Sorting Hat on the girls' head. He readjusted it once and then let it be.

User Image

The Sorting Hat
User Image

"Your personality and thought process...
I can see that your past is not a good one,"
the Sorting Hat paused,
"from what I can tell,
you would excel better from
artistic and mental stimulation.
You would do well in...
Ravenclaw!"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:41 pm
Sakato Yagami First year

She walked up timidly and wonder what class she will get sorted into.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm really happy crazy and I would stand up for my friends and if angry I get a little scary and sometimes I speak japanese words when I'm mad or any other emotions. Sometimes I can be a cry-baby about things that are small but I stop pretty quick and I like to plot revenge on people if there mean to me. I am also scared with new people I dont know.  

Meuxy

Lonely Lunatic

Calais Reed

Dangerous Bibliophile

10,300 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:44 pm
User Image
osette 𝔄urelie 𝔓rewitt
Hogwarts' New Student

You shadow of forgotten dreams

You come to take away

My hope on your b l a c k wings...

Cosette entered the Great Hall with growing nervousness. She was momentarily distracted by the splendor of the hall, but then noticed all of the students staring at them and her nerves came back to her, doubled in size. She licked her lips nervously, then reprimanded herself. 'Cosette Aurelie Prewitt, now is not the time to be nervous! Stand up straight, show them your family pride!'

It helped, but even so, she couldn't prevent herself from praying as she waited for her name to be called, 'Please let me be in Slytherin...' When her name was called, her manner as she gracefully stepped forward was so calm and stately that she would have made her parents cheer with delight--or it would have, if they hadn't been too dignified to do such a thing.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a perfect, prim young lady. The truth is though, that's mostly a mask. Deep down, I'm a calculating, cunning strategist. I am almost always planning, watching everyone carefully, learning their fears and secrets. If you do anything to annoy me, I'll spend a long time plotting, then use what I know to get you when you least expect it.

Come and come to me, R a v e n h e a r t
Messenger of e v i l

Come to me. What's the news?

Here I'm still left l o n e l y...

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games