Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
Paved Courtyard ("The Quad") Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:31 pm

Ariana Hawthorne
First Year: Unsorted

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana thought about taking the class, but then erased the thought from her mind. "I don't know if I'll take it, and I'm not making that decision now. We haven't even been sorted yet," she said, not wanting to think or worry about anything.

wearing

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:53 pm
User Image
User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

(( Wow, I completely deleted my post. And I can't remember what I wrote. I'm so sorry! 8( ))

User Image
User Image

(( OOC: My pic is back! biggrin I have no idea what happened, but I'm glad its fixed! ))

Nova_Cattus

Mythical Shapeshifter

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:24 pm
User ImageShina frowned. "You are first born of the primary line, and were decreed a cadet branch? How awful!" she exclaimed. "And I will never understand why Westerners are so obsessed with male heirs. If your heir is female, simply adopt the husband into the family when the couple is married to carry on the name. Personally, I think females are better if you want to be sure of the line. After all, it is difficult to claim that a woman giving birth isn't the child's mother, but there are disputes over paternity all the time," Shina said with a shrug.  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:08 pm
User Image

Eretria was merely watching everyone at this venture, only nodding to Jennifer's description of what teevee was. She doubted seriously if she would ever see such a contraption, ao she just filed it in her mind as useless information at the moment, though she could never be so sure that it would stay that way. Instead, she noticed the two boys arguing, and immediately realized the cause of it. The blond seemed to be arguing with the darker one about... well about everything it seemed. She didn't know about whether the two would remain rivals or not, but decided instead to say nothing and catalogue it away in her mind as something that could prove useful.

She was also noting the conversation between another group of students about everything from classes to family lines. To be honest, she kinda agreed with the oriental-looking girl about how they descended. She herself would experience the same sort of exclusion, had it not been for the unfortunate circumstance of her brothers being squibs. Her father was instead trying to look into pureblood, or heck, even halfblood witches about marrying his sons to ensure that the Whitethorne name didn't end with squibs. Her first thought about the subject was that it could instead be passed onto any children she may have, and just pass her brothers completely. However, not every pureblood family would accept it, and they potentially would disclaim it simply for her having the wrong set of organs. A pity, really.  

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:59 pm
User Image

Unsorted|1st year|Muggle-Born|Single

Why must I be judged upon the purity of my blood?

Steele looked around at the rambunctious, noisy children and wondered if he was ever going to get to calmly talk to them, but it already seemed like there were groups of people talking together, giving off that aura of exclusion in which he has came to know. So why even bother talking to these kids? What do they have to offer him? He was sure that none of them would find the decency of befriending a mudblood like himself. Yes, he already learned of the word mudblood and its derogatory meaning, for he has already been called that on more than one occasion. It hurt him emotionally to be called this, but he was just going to have to endure the mental beating for awhile. He needed to make a name for himself, but he didn't know how. He wanted to impress them so his family history could be looked past. The only way he knew how to do that was to use his guitar, the instrument he had been playing for roughly about seven years. He picked up the guitar when he was four and he was extremely good, playing unlike anyone around his age. He was very good at guitar, but he didn't believe even something like a song could sway the position of any of these little people with amazing powers.

To get his mind off of things, he set his eye upon the castle, not really surprised at all, or even amazed. It looked just how he believed a castle would. Many towers, a huge expanse of field behind it. He then set his eye back upon the lake. It was beautiful, the moon reflecting off its icy surface. One could not even describe. He was scared of it though, for he did not know what lie underneath the dark surface. Were there monsters? If there are wizards, then there definitely has to be monsters. He cringed at an image of a huge sea monster feeding on him that he conjured in his head. He definitly wanted to stay away from this lake.

Finally, he awaited the 'opening ceremonies' to start, quiet as a mouse, silence unbroken. He wouldn't even sound a syllable unless someone else spoke to him. He anxiously awaited the teacher to bring the group of kids into the castle. He wasn't surprised by the outside of the castle, but maybe the inside as different.

Will I ever be the same?

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:28 pm

Ariana Hawthorne

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana's eyes fell upon the castle door as it opened. It was time be sorted. She turned to face her three friends. "Whatever happens, we'll be friends," she reassured them. Turning back around, she followed the students into the castle.

wearing

((Next post here))

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:29 pm

Amanda Davis

User Image
You Touch Me..
I break you.

Amanda walked into the castle along with the rest of the first years.

wearing

((Next post here))

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:49 pm
User Image

Who's
up for a...

User Image

User Image

Ben was getting the upper hand on Matt, and he had to admit, it felt good. The whole thing was moving just as he'd expected. All traces of anger were fading like a winter sunset, now it was all just fun. It had been a long while since anyone had challenged Benjamin McCloud this much. It thrilled him. Unfortunately with Matt's next words, a stalemate was the only clear thing that would come of this. Doing anything more would only result in the tables being turned on Ben himself. Ben returned Matt's stare unwaveringly. Ben too noticed the others' stares on them. He quickly maneuvered to dissolve the situation. "Well that was fun wasn't it?" he asked with a seemingly sincere smile before leaving to join the others on the way to the sorting hat. Friends or enemies, Ben wasn't quite sure what Matt and him were, but he was sure that whatever they'd come to be would be amusing.

...little friendly competition?

King_of_Tarts

Ruthless Man-Lover

9,900 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tipsy 100

Nova_Cattus

Mythical Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:23 pm
User Image
User Image

Rue could only grin endearingly at Shina. "It's always been thought that, since the male is the "bread-winner" and provider of the home, being head of the house would come naturally. No one exspects a matriarch to rule a testosterone dominant role. But old families are usually set in their ways and won't budge even to save themselves; especially if they're super stubborn and mean. Its hard for them to adjust to new ideas and customs." She shrugged again in indifference. "Honestly, I don't mind not being the heir. It takes a little weight off my shoulders. I feel bad for my new born cousin though. He's going to have a lot to deal with when he gets older. Hopefully they won't try to corrupt him..." 'Of course, should he ask for our help, we'll be glad to give it.'

A ripple of nervous energy ran through the crowd of first years as a woman came forward and motioned them to follow her. Rue's pulse picked up. "Looks like its time to get sorted!" She grabbed Shina's and Elliot's hands suddenly; looking them in the eyes with an expression of joy. "No matter what house we all end up in, I hope we can be friends. Or at least be on good speaking terms." Laughter escaped, her happiness overflowing. "Let's go!" She said jubiantly, attempting to tug the two along in her excitement.

User Image
User Image

(( OOC: Already posted here. ))

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:34 pm
User Image

Annabelle Humphrey
Unsorted First Year

When Mark replied to Annabelle's question, she merly looked at him and giggled.
"I know you are a boy..." she paused for a moment "I am a girl, I was aking who that boy you tried to avoid is" Annabelle said and smiled.

It was time for sorting, Annabelle clapped her hands cheerfully.
"Mark, lets go, time for sorting!" she exclaimed excitedly and pranced through the entrance of the great hall.

(( Continued here ))

M i n i R e d S t a r s

Mistypaw

9,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:53 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
First Year ~ Unsorted

It felt a bit like a center of a tornado, at least how she imagined it might feel. All the chatter and commotion going on around her, and she felt so still and quiet. She could listen to petty squabbles and normal rather boring facts about people's basic information... some of it even actually interested her. 'I wonder what pureblood genetics would work like? Is there a thing they can find that makes us be able to do magic?" she wondered.

Juniper looked around, there were also people who were also being quiet. Some seemed like bundle of nerves, uninterested in the crowd, or lacking the nerve to talk to people. Eretria seemed more like her. 'The two of us seem very similar... that could be a good thing perhaps.' Their silence was not a thing of fear but a strength. Though it might be a bit selfish keeping to herself right now, there would be time later for others. This was a crossroad that would dictate her future. There was a stirring in the line in front of her. It was time.

{{OOC: I didn't see a post from a VC saying it was time to go to the sorting room... but the room does say it's open... }}

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:13 am
User Image

Joseph Luxton
Unsorted First Year

It was time to head to the sorting hat in the great hall. Joseph had to control himself from wetting himself from excitement or clapping like a little school girl. Because he was not going to wet himself infront of his new friends, or behave like a small child. He merly smiled and headed into the great hall, filled with his fellow first years and the rest of the school.

(( Continued here ))

M i n i R e d S t a r s

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:15 am
Marko James

I may not fully SEE you....
I may not fully HEAR you..

User Image ````Marko sighed. He heard her say she was a girl. But the rest was drowned out. He smiled. Or tried to. He was tired in truth.
But I KNOW you are there.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:40 am
User Image

Leanne Harris
First Year - Unsorted
~~~~***^^***~~~~

Leanne looked about as she stepped out of the boat that the four girls had sat in, immediately reaching down and picking up Ishtar with a quiet apology to Payton. She looked over the group of first years and suddenly felt nervous. Here she was, a farm girl, and suddenly she was surrounded by a whole lot of people she didn't know, who were speaking of things she had no clue of. She almost felt like bolting back into the boat, but strengthened her resolve enough to walk foward. Noticing that the group was moving toward the castle, she realized that they must be going to get sorted. "We'd better hurry up," she said quietly, her nervousness returning in spades.  

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Peoplewatcher 100

enoetoe

Witty Citizen

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:16 pm
User Image

█ █ █ █ █ █

J E N N I F E R - K A P L A N

f i r s t y e a r - u n s o r t e d

█ █ █ █ █ █

"to be or not to be, that is the question."
- william shakespear

╔══════════════════╗

Okay then, sorting it is. Time to find out what those houses mean, and which one I'm in for that matter. Jennifer thought, patting on her thighs in a rhythm. How is this supposed to happen anyways? Is it pre-decided? Or does it happen right now? Gah, this is confusing. Jennifer could figure that--- based on personalities--- she wouldn't be put in the same house as Joseph, Juniper, or Eretria. Honestly, I don't know if that's a bad thing or not. They seem a whole lot quieter and smarter then me. Whatever. Noticing the line move into the school, Jennifer glanced back at the lake before going inside to get sorted.

╚══════════════════╝
ooc;; next post will be at the sorting hat.

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games