Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dragon Quest/Warrior Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all your Dragon Quest/Warrior needs! 

Tags: JRPG, Slimes, Roto, Alefgard, Zenithia 

Reply Party Chat (Chatterbox)
Rate the Person's Video Game Composition Above You! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Lolwut Pear
Captain

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:21 pm
If you didn't know (who doesn't know?) FE5 is my all time favourite FE ever, and this is coming from playing all the FE's, the recent 13 included, so there may be a bit of bias, just so you know.

For this piece, it plays after Leaf nearly loses his castle- which he just regained, so the triumphant fanfare is no doubt 150% matching. I also greatly enjoy the brass sounds in FE5, they sound so clean and handsome. Although I enjoy the low brass (i.e- the brass that plays at the beginning of "Base" ) more, the higher brass also sounds great. While the percussion is sort of undermined by the blaring, fantastic brass, it's okay, because the brass is great anyway! 8.5/10

Fire Field from F-Zero composed by Yumiko Kanki
(I would STRONGLY recommend listening to the piece with headphones if applicable, as one cannot truly enjoy F-Zero SNES music without the bass)  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:36 am
I suppose it's time to bring this thread back to life again!
(Since it's been quite some time actually...)

Ah so FE5 is your favorite~
It's really been growing on me lately from what I've played so far... xp

So it's Fire Field from F-Zero. I never heard of or grew up with the game personally, I'd say it was when I played Smash Bros Melee when I heard those tracks like Big Blue or Mute City etc. It wasn't until much later when I got curious to check out the game on the Super Nintendo.

But still, for a racing game there's some really neat tracks, for some reason the music in the game has always had this really epic feeling to them and this one is no exception.

That bass just simply sounds awesome! I think what I like about this piece the most is the way the beginning builds up and gives this intense feeling like a rush or something. Which is very fitting for a racing game.. I sorta do have a bit of a nostalgia towards Big Blue and Mute City, but this one is still great too. I'm giving it a 9/10!

I've been having a little bit of a Layton week lately. XD Sooo my next piece will be...

Professor Laytons theme, composed by Tomohito Niishiura from Professor Layton and the Curious Village.  

Ninja Ryu11

Friendly Seeker

9,025 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

The Lolwut Pear
Captain

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:35 pm
I've always wanted to play this series, as I hear so much good things about it, and apparently, the soundtrack is definitely worth looking into as well. It sort of has a European theme going on with it, with the accordion, but the strings and percussion really do help in fleshing out the feel to the piece. While all that's going on, the piano ingeniously gives the piece a whole fresh underline melancholy, mysterious feeling even while the vibrant melody is playing, and it takes a lot of creativity to pull that off. 9/10

Odyssey from Granada Espada composed by Kubota Osamu  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:35 am
Wow, it's been nearly since June since the last post... eek Well, time to bring this thread back again! At least I hope more people will return and gather round the music frenzy~

But yeah I loved the Professor Layton: The Curious Village. It's the only game I've played of the series I've beaten. It's rather fun to play. I'd recommend the series to anyone that loves puzzles and mystery plots. I'm very reminiscence of the Phoenix wright games in a sense actually. But moving onwards!

As for Leaf's piece, Odyssey. I gotta say I greatly enjoyed it. The vocal accompaniment really matches with the overall tone of what it's trying to portray. It's a very bizarre, eerie kind of feeling but all the same I really like it! The coolest thing about this piece is how it freaking builds and builds. From the beginning to end especially near the end. That's gotta be my favorite part when everything starts to pick up the pace. Plus that fast paced piano in the background is pretty insane. The title is a tad bit confusing though. I wouldn't really see it fitting as an adventurous piece, but more closer to intense feeling of despair or something like that. Or maybe it's because I'm unsure where it's supposed to fit in the game. But still a great piece though! I'll give it an 8/10!! =D

Welp, my piece will be Go Go Go! from Lunar Silver Star Story Complete, composed by Noriyuki Iwadare. I recall Tiki posting one of the tracks a long time ago before I was around here.(Still one of my favorite songs from that game.) The series isn't really all that well known and there are very few games unfortunately, but it has its fans definitely. But I've been feeling very in the Lunar mood lately, so I went ahead and brought it back again. So anyways enjoy! ^_^  

Ninja Ryu11

Friendly Seeker

9,025 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

The Lolwut Pear
Captain

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:42 pm
You picked a great time to revive the thread, because I played a lot of great games that I want to share!

Lunar: Silver Star Story, eh? I have a copy of it for PSX, but I still have yet to get to it. Everyone likes it, so I better play it soon. One thing I missed about the PSX soundfont is the synth, and this game sounds like it has some sick synth beats to it. The beginning, and my favourite part of this piece immediately jumps into the "Go!" aspect of it, which is very much so motivating, as is the hyper percussion line. While at times I was unclear as to where the piece was going (as in it starts out strong, goes quiet briefly, then goes back strong), it still managed to motivate me. With this motivation, I should go do my textbooks readings or something, jaja. 8/10

Mine Menace Donkey Kong Country Returns composed by Kenji Yamamoto,
This is the piece I think of when I am driving in downtown Montreal during rush hour.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:21 am
Welp, there hasn't been a response for a pretty long while. So why not, there's always room for music love.(I just hope we can get some more new faces around here.) .And I'm feelin the flow for it today~ xP

But oh yes Hassan, Silver Star Story is all around wonderful. I'm more of a fan for the second game, but there's just so much to love about Silver Star Story... crying

So here we've got Donkey Kong. I've had many fond memories for the second game on the super nintendo way way back. Though, I think I have mentioned this a few pages pack when nom posted the mine level from the first game.. For some reason I've never had the pleasure of playing the first game for the snes. Although, I did have the gameboy advance port...(I never did get to beat it since something happened to it. Something I don't like to remember..)

Anyways, so this is mine menace from Donkey Kong Returns game for the wii huh... What a jazzy tune! I really like how lively this piece can be. Donkey kong music just seems to do that eh? XD As for a title like Mine Menace, it's supposed to be insanely intense like you're running out of time. It's almost the feeling you get when things are being thrown at you. There's no time to wait for a break. I believe that's exactly what this track does and it's done pretty well. Though, usually the atmosphere in exploring a mine or a cave in most games tend to have more of an adventurous feeling to it. And I guess in a way it's sort of a unique way of doing it here. 9/10~

My piece shall be Hidden Leaf Village Gate at Night from Naruto Clash of Ninja 2, composed by Shinji Hosoe. Yep, it's from a Naruto game. I'm not exactly too big on the anime series or anything like that. It's got a pretty big fanbase that's for sure. But I dunno I kinda have a soft spot for it. And the games are a bit of a guilty pleasure for me... sweatdrop Clash of Ninja especially...  

Ninja Ryu11

Friendly Seeker

9,025 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

The Lolwut Pear
Captain

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:21 pm
Cool, guild's hit thread is revived, and at 200 replies.

And Naruto is cool, I read the first few mangas in high school, and my girlfriend is really into the anime, so beef on it. I DO have the complete anime somewhere on my external hard drive, but I am currently watching the Gundam series, so I'll have to watch it at a later time.

Anyway on to the tune. I do love the jumpy, Asian woodwind line that plays above the electric guitar at the beginning, it gives the piece a conflicting mood, split between a light atmosphere that feels like nothing is wrong. Yet at the same time, when the flute isn't played, particularly when the strings are present, there is sort of an ominous atmosphere. The loop to the beginning is a bit arbitrary though, but in terms of overall quality, I enjoy the moods the piece presents. 9/10

Neo Bowser City from Mario Kart 7 composed by Kenta Nagata

My complete obsession with Mario Kart is my dirty secret. While there is nothing wrong with an adult playing and enjoying Mario Kart, I am currently sitting at 116:53 on playtime in MK7. This is in part due to my friend, who always wants to play online with me, and being a good stress reliever. No one will ever beat me at Airship Fortress!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:48 pm
Nothing wrong with some Mario Kart. wink

I do remember playing Mario Kart 64 with some old friends of mine back in the day. Fun times~

I haven't played the newer games or even Double Dash unfortunately.(Which I heard was an great game for the gamecube) I suppose I'm not huge into racers unless I'd play with my friends on few occasions. XD

So, Neo Bowser City... When I first read the title, I kind of figured it'd be something futuristic, menacing or something grand. Because I mean this is Bowser we're talking about right? But I rather like this track, It's a very catchy tune and extremely lively. There's lots of things happening in this piece for sure. And it even does have a futuristic sound quality to it. I really like the later parts of the theme when it starts to hit home from the fast tempo. Almost in a way, it kind of feels like you're soaring in the air and gliding in for a landing. I think that would be the best way to describe it. At least that's how I feel about it...

It does seem a little repetitive, but there's actual build up to it which is excellent. I suppose it would've been cool to go for something a little louder or menacing, but it really works well here imo.

I'd give it a 8/10.

My piece will be from a game called God Eater. It's titled God and Man ~shall we meet again~ composed by Masaru ( Go ) Shiina. I haven't personally played the games before, but I've heard a few tracks out of curiosity.

And i figured I'd go for the original game version, though there is a remastered version in Project X Zone too. I'll post it here if anyone wants to check that one out as well.  

Ninja Ryu11

Friendly Seeker

9,025 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

The Lolwut Pear
Captain

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:03 pm
Welp, my iPod corrupted, and all 135 GB of bliss went alongside it, because I'm too risky to back things up. So if anyone's been wondering where I've been, no not in China any more (which was awesome), but sitting in front of the fan, tinfoil over the window and re-downloading all my music again. I promise once I get all my music again, which the progress is going surprisingly quick, I'll post elsewhere. I really, REALLY want to get back to H5 mode FE11, and I have a lot to say about DQII, but that will have to wait until my motivation and music returns. sad

That being said, there is always time to look at video game music.

There is definite emotion behind this piece, and furthermore I love that the cello is the instrument that does most of the lifting. The minute the cello takes the reins is when the concept of inevitable reunion becomes apparent. I did hear the beginning riff quite a bit played throughout the piece, but every time it was reintroduced, there was always something altered about it, like the brass accompanied it, the strings were on a different dynamic and whatnot. The ending in my opinion was my favourite part, as it surprised me by breaking away from the riff it was playing doing hitherto, and went into a completely secular, climatic ending, pumped the the brass, my favourite component in a traditional orchestra. The ending tied everything up in the sense that it ended quiet like how the piece begun.
I did listen to both versions, but I enjoyed the first one more, the brass doesn't seem that powerful in the other version, which is a shame, as they give the climax of the piece such a powerful kick. All in all, I give this piece a 7.8/10, could use some differentiation with the melody, instead of relying on one riff, but it nonetheless does a fantastic job at portraying the emotion is it trying to convey.

Cherry Tree Bridge from Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard, composed by Yuzo Koshiro. A series I got into last year, and still am completely obsessed with.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:26 pm
I like the original game music myself personally. xP

First time I've heard of Etrian Odyssey actually. The art cover is kinda cute I suppose. Anyways, as for the piece itself, It definitely gives me that cultural vibe in the later half of the piece. I especially liked the eerie silence of the atmosphere when the song begins. But the rest of the piece is more so optimistic and upbeat so there's a clear balance of that. I do feel like it drones on at times, but the tone of it as a whole does sound nice.

I think I'll give it an 8.5/10.

Ah, here's one piece I've been thinking about for some time.

It's from a personal favorite game of mine I loved in the past.
The piece is titled Tetyth, the Underwater City from Riviera the Promised Land. To my knowledge it was composed by Minako Adachi. Shigeki Hayashi might've been involved with this one too but I'm 100% not sure. The game's soundtrack was mostly composed by Minako as far as I'm concern.
But enjoy!  

Ninja Ryu11

Friendly Seeker

9,025 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

gabriel sama

High-functioning Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:26 pm
I'm honestly survived this thread survived. Which is great considering since I've managed to acquire all sorts of new material since my last appearance. Let's see what I have to work with...

Riviera's 'Tetyth, the Underwater City' huh? It definitely has a rather upbeat digital tune for a city, though my gaming senses are telling me that this is more of a dungeon than an actual town where you go and meet NPCs and buy new gear. I rather enjoyed the rises and falls that make up the majority of this piece. I was expecting it to have a more... aquatic feel to it, considering it is a city under the water. It would definitely fit with Ragnarok Online's music.

I can dig it. 8.5/10.

Let's see... I guess I can go with Is That Blood Thine or The Enemy's from Etrian Odyssey III, by Yuzo Koshiro. He seems to be everywhere. XD

Watch out for that F.O.E!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:41 pm
Ah, EOIII, the only EO I haven't 100% beat yet. I like this F.O.E battle theme in particular, as it's the first time I actually felt panicked from fighting them, as opposed to the first two EO's, which are suspenseful and fabulously written for that matter, but not scary, like how F.O.E battle themes SHOULD evoke (i.e: Stalker and every pallet swap F.O.E of Muckdile *shiver*).

The beginning is my favourite part, as it's the most hectic, with the blaring synth, the epic percussion and the underline, fast moving bass, but I also like the part around :53, one of the few times the synth does it's own thing for awhile, which sort of reminds me of the final battle theme from Yoshi's Island. I also want to bring up the bass solo near where it loops over, although it screams typical Koshiro, I do nonetheless enjoy it, as it really does remind me of classical Koshiro (i.e Ys I&II), another series I am partly obsessed with. All together, for being the first scary F.O.E piece, and in generally sounding great, I'll go with a 9/10.

PS: SUPER, SUPER psyched for the remake of EOII for the 3DS, as EOII is my favourite by far, OST and gameplay wise.

Start of Operations from Dai-3 Ji Super Robot Wars Taisen, written by Shinichi Tanaka, another series I recently got obsessed with.
(If you're familiar with the classical FE OST, this would be the equivalent to “Story 2 - Each Map's Beginning”, or "Trouble!" in FE11)  

The Lolwut Pear
Captain

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Ninja Ryu11

Friendly Seeker

9,025 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:55 pm
It's been awhile since I've seen much of gaia.. .sweat: But I'm always in the mood for some DQ music thread!

Now, as for your piece Hassan. I have little experience with the Super Robot Wars franchise. But man! There's some really awesome music from what I've listened to.This one is no exception with that amazing Snes synth.

Talk about a catchy theme.The intro begins with a lift off! It definitely seems like there's a plan of strategy going on, but yet it feels like there's sense of danger and ominous mystery surrounding the air. There's a very nice sounding quality to the beats that I just really like about it. And I absolutely love the way those scales rise and fall. My favorite part is where it's going higher, but then it leaves you in a dramatic suspense. The beginning does feel a little off to me. But I'll still give it a 9.5/10!

I actually have a piece I've been wanting to post for soo long, but I never could find the right version until now. I'm sure ThePersonInFrontOfYou A.K.A the Third Loto will appreciate it.

My piece shall be... Wise Owl Forest from Dark Cloud composed by Tomohito Niishiura.  
Party Chat (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff