Welcome to Gaia! ::

Odd One Out

Back to Guilds

The sweet little slice of Gaia reserved for the bizarre, twisted, and/or bored. 

Tags: Random, Debate, Discussion, Chat, Competitions 

Reply Main Forum
The Chatbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 19 20 21 22 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Funkyblueeyes
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:42 pm
Biyanka
Funkyblueeyes
Biyanka
Funkyblueeyes
Biyanka
Hi. I haven't been on Gaia in so freaking long! I honestly have no idea what made me think of checking in here tonight.

Hope everyone is well!

All is awesome ^_^

My favourite thing about this guild is that it's always here when us old fogies decide to check back wink Hope life has been good to you since you were last on!! heart
Ooh, awesome is extra great! biggrin I read through to see what I've missed and from what I read you're working on MLP and engaged?! Ahhh that's so awesome!! biggrin

Things have been pretty good I guess! I feel like I'm a totally different person than I was in some ways. I can't remember if I stopped coming on before or after I got into working out and running. I'm kind of ridiculously addicted to working out and clean eating now, to the point where I'm kinda a b***h and I've alienated everyone because missing a workout/dinner out kinda freaks me out. D:

Ah geez, that is both good and unfortunate! Haha everything in moderation. I'm not on MLP anymore, moved off of it and now I'm onto top secret projects ;D Nothing super exciting but until it's announced officially I'm not allowed to blab about it on the internet.
What've you been up to aside from excessive exercise razz

Ahh well still sounds like you're doing well! I always wished I had the artsy skills haha. I have crafty skills, but I've always wanted to be able to draw and animate!
Nothing much! Literally life revolves around working out now, lol. I like running into old people I knew and not have them recognize me though, so that's kinda fun. I quit my job and have a new one with better (less?) hours to be able to work out more, but I make bath goodies now also. I used to do it for fun when I was younger, 13 or so, but now I make them to sell. Started because (ah again!) pain from workouts and messed up hips and knees, and needing baths to help soothe muscles. It took off from there, so that's good because it makes up for what I miss now that I just teaching nurturing parenting classes. And other crafty things, like right now I think if I'm not out running or making soap or bath bombs, I'm making messy bun hats. haha. I did take up Stand Up Paddleboarding this summer and I love it and really miss it in the winter.

Zachary and Noelle are 14 now which is ridiculous, too.

It's really easy to write a book on Gaia when you're procrastinating on a (...) workout XD. Knowing that I'll spend about 20 out of the next 40 minutes on the floor in plank makes it hard to get moving. It's sooooo cold.

Geez! Sounds like you might really be overdoing it! Maybe it's good that I distract you for a little while razz

I can't believe they're 14, holy cow. Are they becoming total stereotypical teenagers?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:47 pm
Funkyblueeyes

Geez! Sounds like you might really be overdoing it! Maybe it's good that I distract you for a little while razz

I can't believe they're 14, holy cow. Are they becoming total stereotypical teenagers?
On some things I know I am overdoing it. Kind of eating disorder overdoing it. But that's kind of the problem too; when you develop and eating disorder when you're already thin to begin with, you go to the hospital. When you develop and eating disorder when you're not thin to begin with you are a success story. So I have a lot of people who will congratulate me on losing over 100lbs. And that feels great, ya know? I'm not going to say I'm not happy to have the weight off. But it comes with a complex. People who never gave me a second look are now suddenly interested. I love all the positive attention because it was something I craved years ago, but when you're usually used to being called fat and ugly, it's also scary and it makes me think, "oh my god. What'll happen if I gain all this weight back?" So it adds even more pressure on me and adds anxiety. I can pinpoint all this too, and when I've brought up trying to get help working through all this, people (family, friends, and even medical professionals) tend to just roll their eyes. "Well, most people with an eating disorder/mental health can't self diagnose." or "You're too fat to have an eating disorder still." "Oh, just do everything in moderation or find the balance." Ranting there! Sorry, haha. But yeah. I can pinpoint that I take the exercise and healthy eating way too far, but how to stop it, I'm not sure. It's not something I can turn off, but it's not something I can easily get help for because I don't fit the stereotype, I guess. Phew!

I know, 14. They'll be 15 in June, but that's still a ways off. And on some aspects they are typical teenagers. Haha. As in they both think I'm absolutely clueless, Noelle the most, but I thought my mom was clueless on stuff too. Stereotypical in that way I guess. I'm clueless, they know everything. wink . But for the most part? They're great kids. I love bragging about them. Zach loves football. I used to hate football and tried and tried to get him to like another sport. Haha. But now I'm glad he has chosen it and I've even learned some about the sport and enjoy going to the games. He went to state this year and his team won so that's exciting. Noelle takes honors art class and plays the flute. She was in band, but she gave that up because she really wanted to be in color guard but she wasn't picked. sad But she's found her niche in creating. She likes to sew and create her own outfits. She reminds me of someone who walked out of a 90s grunge magazine and that suits me just fine. XD  

Biyanka
Crew

Funkyblueeyes
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:13 pm
Biyanka

Aw man your kids sound amazing! It's great that they're finding their own interests and being passionate in what they do. This seems like a weird question to ask after so many years but did you ever make up with your family? The only time I ever remember them being mentioned was when the kids were young, and if I'm remembering right they had pretty much abandoned you. Sorry to be so blunt with my questions haha, we don't have the privilege of getting to sit together for coffee and ease into stuff!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:04 pm
Funkyblueeyes
Biyanka

Aw man your kids sound amazing! It's great that they're finding their own interests and being passionate in what they do. This seems like a weird question to ask after so many years but did you ever make up with your family? The only time I ever remember them being mentioned was when the kids were young, and if I'm remembering right they had pretty much abandoned you. Sorry to be so blunt with my questions haha, we don't have the privilege of getting to sit together for coffee and ease into stuff!
No worries, I don't mind haha. But yes, to a degree things are better! I'm actually living at home right now. Which kind of sucks, especially with the whole turning 30 soon complex. I definitely don't want to seem like the millennial living in mom and dad's basement type stereotype. Things are tolerable with them now, especially if the kids are around. I don't think it'll ever be peaches and cream, but I think I've changed enough to where I know I can put my foot down and stand up for myself. The worst that can happen (being totally abandoned, taken advantage of, and pretty much left stripped with nothing) has happened before and I made it through. And they've kind of changed too, to a degree. I think mostly now it's I can deal with bullshit a little better lol.

And yes! Oh, I'm so proud of them. I was just talking the other day about how I don't have to worry about them doing bad things like drugs and drinking, bullying other kids. I love that I have a couple cute, nerdy kids! haha.  

Biyanka
Crew

Funkyblueeyes
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:31 am
Biyanka

That's awesome to hear. Family support can make all the difference in the world. When my mom had me at 17 my grandparents stepped up to help out and I don't know where we'd be if we didn't have that.

I'm 27 and still living at home and NOT raising two teenagers, so don't worry about it ;D Not even planning to move until another year and a half or so. The fiancee is in school, so we want to get him graduated and working and then we'll be made in the shade.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:49 pm
Funkyblueeyes
Biyanka

That's awesome to hear. Family support can make all the difference in the world. When my mom had me at 17 my grandparents stepped up to help out and I don't know where we'd be if we didn't have that.

I'm 27 and still living at home and NOT raising two teenagers, so don't worry about it ;D Not even planning to move until another year and a half or so. The fiancee is in school, so we want to get him graduated and working and then we'll be made in the shade.

I can second that, im 25 and I live with my mom, it helps her out as well. A lot of people are living at home as atleast in my area housing is hard to find and is expensive.  

shalina_the_1st

Funkyblueeyes
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:47 pm
shalina_the_1st
Funkyblueeyes
Biyanka

I can second that, im 25 and I live with my mom, it helps her out as well. A lot of people are living at home as atleast in my area housing is hard to find and is expensive.

Tell me about it. My city is repeatedly voted one of the most expensive housing markets in the world Hahaha. Everyone's always like "Durr well don't buy in the city then!" But every city within 2 hours of here costs the same. I'd have to quit my career to move far enough away to avoid this housing crisis! Nevermind moving away from the entire support network of my family. What a world.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:01 pm
Funkyblueeyes
shalina_the_1st
Funkyblueeyes
Biyanka

Tell me about it. My city is repeatedly voted one of the most expensive housing markets in the world Hahaha. Everyone's always like "Durr well don't buy in the city then!" But every city within 2 hours of here costs the same. I'd have to quit my career to move far enough away to avoid this housing crisis! Nevermind moving away from the entire support network of my family. What a world.

Yeah it sound like most places are having the same issue to my understanding! Its frustrating how money runs everything.  

shalina_the_1st

Eophyrhim

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:40 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
User Image
hiii~
User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:50 am
Eophyrhim
User Image
hiii~
User Image
User Image

Hiya! Did you have a good holidays?  

Funkyblueeyes
Captain

Sincerely Metalhead
Crew

Omnipresent Genius

6,125 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:12 pm
Santa Claws came. His horde of evil penguins were close behind. I survived.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:13 am
Funkyblueeyes
Eophyrhim
User Image
hiii~
User Image
User Image

Yep :3 I had to babysit tho. But it was nice, I got to feel like a kid again~  

Eophyrhim

Dangerous Hunter

Funkyblueeyes
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:45 am
Sincerely Metalhead

You survived only by skinning the largest evil penguin and wearing his skin as a disguise?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:45 am
Eophyrhim
Funkyblueeyes
Eophyrhim
User Image
hiii~
User Image
User Image

Yep :3 I had to babysit tho. But it was nice, I got to feel like a kid again~

Aw that's cool! I feel like kids put magic back into the holidays.  

Funkyblueeyes
Captain

Sincerely Metalhead
Crew

Omnipresent Genius

6,125 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:34 pm
Funkyblueeyes
Sincerely Metalhead

You survived only by skinning the largest evil penguin and wearing his skin as a disguise?

Duh. That's the smart strategy. Then I killed Santa.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 19 20 21 22 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff