Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
Dueling Club ~ [[Open 2059-2060]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xistund

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:09 am
User ImageUser Image

Darius came to the club late, he hated being late for things like this. The duling club and Quidditch was some the best things at this school "Sorry I'm late, This Prefect stuff is annoying, I don't know how you managed to be on time at all." Darius said cracking his joints ready to work out.

{OoC:}

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:07 pm
I can see, when you stay low nothing happens
Does it feel right?
Late at night, things I thought I put behind me
Haunt my mind
I just know there's no escape
Once it sets its eyes on you
But I won't run, I have to stare it in the eyes
Stand my ground, I won't give in

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD SLYTHERIN
SIXTH YEAR PREFECT
User Image
Though this might just be the ending: Excited | Of the life I held so dear: Another year of dueling! | I won't run: Duelists | There's no turning back from here: Dueling Club (Clock Tower Courtyard)|

Marina clapped her hands together in a rare show of delight. "Expelliarmus is a great spell to know, especially when you're just in second year. Flipendo is another good example, thank you. Edajin, that's a very clever move, and not one many would think of. You can use the environment around you to your advantage, which is something a lot of people forget." She gave Darius an understanding look. "It's fine. I'm still not used to being in charge of people myself," she said wryly. "Right, everyone! I'll match you all up for duels, if that's okay with everyone? I'll let you pick whoever you want to face next time, just since this is the first meeting and all... I want to make sure every fight's fair. Darius and me, Ronna and Amory, David and Edajin, Raphael and Dmitri, Tobi and Shayna, Miranda and Victor, and Dom and Amanda." She looked around at the group. "Again, if you're a first year, please go off to the side and watch. Please pick a circle everyone, and take this one easy. For a lot of you this will be your first duel. It's a learning experience, okay? Don't get overwhelmed or panicky. You bow and go five steps back, before you start the duel. Got it? Okay." She turned to Darius with a slight smile. "Well, it's you and me, Silver. Ready?"

A hero is one who knows how to hang on just one minute longer

((please fill out the form on the front page, if you wish your character to join, everyone. pm it to Essy ze Ninja))

[No more denying, I've got to face it
Won't close my eyes and hide the truth inside
If I don't make it, someone else will
Stand my ground
It's all around, getting stronger
Coming closer, into my world
I can feel that it's time for me to face it
Can I take it?

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:10 pm
User Image

User Image
"The violin plays a soft melody,
as my mind starts to feel ease.
Let the music wash over my soul,
make my mind pure and whole.
Let me be renewed."

Victor gazed in wonder at the spells that were thrown around, some he wasn't sure if he could do yet. They were probably higher year spells. Victor then giggled, this was gonna be interesting~
Victor frowned as he thought of what event led him to join something he would normally avoid, he wasn't going to let Claire get the best of him anymore..
Looking up when Marina clapped her hands and smiled at the compliment. Maybe even someone like him could do this?

He then listened as she started to pair up people, he waved at Ronna to wish her good luck as he went to search for his dueling partner.

I feel nervous you know?
My inner thoughts are, "I...I can do this!"
I'm in the house of Hufflepuff.
I am a proud second year
My puppeteer says "..." Out of character.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:27 pm
User ImageUser Image
Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 12
Year at Hogwarts: 2nd year
Height: 5'3"

➳ ➳ ➳

[Wearing:Casual Clothes]
Company: Dueling Club

➳ ➳ ➳

Dark haired Slytherin girl in our grade who doesn't say much right?

➳ ➳ ➳

Ronna nodded and smiled as Victor waved to her wishing her luck. She considered her partner, Armory: wasn't that the Slytherin girl in their year with dark hair who was generally quiet? Ronna raised a voice glancing over to the girl who had been talking to who she was pretty sure was a third year Slytherin boy. She wasn't going to underestimate the girl merely because she was merely quiet, though, Ronna thought it was odd for someone who seemed to be so quiet to join the dueling club. Then again, Ronna, had trouble figuring out Slytherins at times.

She nodded to Armory and said with a good natured smile, "Armory?"

Brianna_Locke

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Digital Static

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:04 pm
User Image

Amory Goodwin

User Image

Second Year ~~~~ Slytherin House ~~~~~ Twelve Years Old

User Image

We fear rejection..
Prize attention..
Crave affection..
Dream, dream, dream of perfection..

Amory watched as Edajin decided to provide an example as well and then Marina teamed them up. Amory looked over at the blonde Gryffindor. She knew of Ronna. She was rather vocal and opinionated. When Ronna gave her a smile and said her name, Amory gave a nod. "Ronna?" She walked to where she was standing across from Ronna, bowed and then waited for Ronna to do so before taking the five steps. She was familiar with dueling of course, coming from a pure blood family and the fact that her uncle made it his profession. That didn't mean that she had been tested or practiced in it, however. This, like many Hogwarts second years was her first.

Salt and Swear
I am up to no good
Get out now, if I
were you I would

User Image

mc2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:17 pm
User ImageUser Image

➳ ➳ ➳

➳ ➳ ➳

Wow... I am actually a little nervous, that's unlike me.

➳ ➳ ➳

Ronna smiled and nodded when Amory acknowledged her and bowed respectfully to Amory. It surprised Ronna that she was more nervous about this first duel than she had been about flying or even her first tryouts for the Quidditch team where she knew she was going to be hit by bludgers. Taking a deep breath she cleared her mind and regained her focus and took the five steps back, remembering to be forceful in her spells and stand strong no matter what.

Brianna_Locke

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Xistund

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:18 pm
User ImageUser Image

Darius smiled as he got his wand ready. "I was just about to ask you the same thing." He moved to one of the free circles. He expected this to be one of his toughest duels. He was facing the captain of the team, The person Ronyo placed to replace him. He waited for her to get there and bowed, "You care to go first or shall I?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:30 pm
Does it feel right?
Haunt my mind

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
SIXTH YEAR PREFECT
User Image
Though this might just be the ending: Excited | Of the life I held so dear: Another year of dueling! | I won't run: Duelists | There's no turning back from here: Dueling Club (Clock Tower Courtyard)|

Marina's wand slid out of her sleeve and into her hand. Her fingers coiled around it, and rather than tensing up, her whole body relaxed. She stepped into the circle calmly, backed up, and bowed. "The first move is all yours. Make it good." The temptation to be cocky was there, but the younger boy could easily pull the proverbial rug out from under her feet. She'd seen him duel before. He fought tooth and nail in every single one, and he wasn't afraid to throw everything he had at an opponent. She needed to watch herself and not let him catch her off guard, or he just might trounce her.

((please fill out the form on the front page, if you wish your character to join, everyone. pm it to Essy ze Ninja))

Stand my ground
Can I take it?

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Xistund

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:32 pm
User ImageUser Image

Darius nodded and went into a stance keeping himself firmly on the ground. He pointed his wand at Marina, "Glacius" He called out casting the Freezing Spell at the sixth year. He wanted to see how the older student would counter the attack.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:05 am
User Image

Amory Goodwin

User Image

User Image

We fear rejection..
Prize attention..
Crave affection..

Seeing that Ronna was ready to duel, Amory took her five steps as well. She considered what spell she would use first. Considering that Amory didn't know what Ronna would use and who would succeed, if either, in whatever they cast. When she turned she pointed her wand and said "Petrificus Totalus!" She hoped that would stop Veronica in her tracks for awhile.

Salt and Swear
I am up to no good
Get out now, if I
were you I would

User Image

mc2

Digital Static

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:48 am
User ImageUser Image

➳ ➳ ➳

➳ ➳ ➳

I guess I would have been assumed as the type to go for the aggressive first.

➳ ➳ ➳

"Expelliarmus," Ronna called out in counter to Briana stepping aside from the Petrificus Totalus curse. It was actually far more benign of a spell than what may have been expected of the outspoken Gryffindor. However, in sparing her wand had a weakness she wouldn't be nearly as good as in a real battle-that was the nature of laurel wands she had read. With laurel wands the user had to believe they were doing was completely just-rarely a problem for Ronna-but sparring she didn't actually want to hurt someone so she knew she would probably pull some punches she wouldn't in a real fight.

Brianna_Locke

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:32 pm
User Image

Amory Goodwin

User Image

User Image

We fear rejection..
Prize attention..
Crave affection..

Mory's spell missed, but Veronica's hit. The wand she held pulled from her fingers and landed beside her. She reminded herself that dueling club was just practice and there was no reason to be embarrassed. When she picked up her wand again she aimed it at Veronica, "Arion Vomito!" If she was successful, Veronica would be spitting slugs up. If she wasn't, however, she felt she was prepared to expect another spell from Veronica.

Salt and Swear
I am up to no good
Get out now, if I
were you I would

User Image

mc2

Digital Static

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:42 pm
User ImageUser Image

➳ ➳ ➳

➳ ➳ ➳

Slugs? Is that even a useful dueling spell? I suppose it slowed me down for a moment to have to end the spell.

➳ ➳ ➳

Ronna smiled some when her spell hit but her triumph was short lived when she was hit by Armory's slug curse. She grabbed her stomach and in a few coughs several slugs fell from her mouth. She looked at the slugs a bit disgusted and aimed her wand at herself and managed "Finite." To Ronna the slug spell seemed rather useless in a duel. Of course they slowed Ronna down for a moment and the taste and feel of the slimy creatures coming up was rather unpleasant but it didn't seem like the type of spell that really was much good in a duel. What did the Slytherin expect? Did she expect Ronna to double over and cry about how gross the slugs were?

She turned her wand back to the Slytherin and went through various spells in her head deciding on what more offence measure she might take.

Brianna_Locke

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:24 pm
Does it feel right?
Haunt my mind

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
SIXTH YEAR PREFECT
User Image

Marina could tell Darius was testing the waters, trying to gauge her defense with his first spell. "Seperatus," she countered with, and the cobblestoned of the court yard rose up in a makeshift wall, blocking the icy blast before crumbling down. Marina's brown eyes were alight. "Strategic first move, testing my reaction time. I like it. Do you play chess, by any chance?" she asked casually as she cast her first offensive spell. "Offendo." She too, was testing the waters with a fairly simple jinx.

Stand my ground
Can I take it?

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Digital Static

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:33 pm
User Image

Amory Goodwin

User Image

User Image

We fear rejection..
Prize attention..
Crave affection..

There was something satisfying about watching the Gryffindor vomit up slugs. Perhaps it was because she was muggleborn, or maybe it was just because she was able to have the first successful 'hit' in the duel. Maybe even both. Veronica ended the vomiting soon enough, however, but instead of aiming a new spell at Amory, she seemed to be standing there. Amory could have gotten off one, maybe two during this time now had this not been a practice duel. Vomiting slugs was not a quick task after all, even if you stopped it after a few came up. Then there was this pause. Amory decided to act again, figuring this was one of two things, Veronica planning something by stalling, although she wasn't sure what, or simply her loss. Amory aimed her wand again at Veronica, "Flipendo." Perhaps the spell would initiate an defensive move by her partner instead of having to watch her freeze up and think about one.

Salt and Swear
I am up to no good
Get out now, if I
were you I would

User Image

mc2

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games