Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Official Australian Guild
To be a little more Aussie ... *dreamy sigh* Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 19 20 21 22 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

New poll!
  Whoop! *slides down poll*
  *mollests poll for 10g*
View Results

Leather_baby2006

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:05 am
scruffy012
ok for a really simple recipe thats literally easy to make...

umm have a stew or curry the night before, doesnt matter how you make it, as long as its nice the night before. use the leftovers as filling, also egg wash is needed.

you need 8-10 sheets of puff pastry with circles cut with the rim of a pie tin for correct size, (you get an average of 4-5 lids per sheet)

8-10 sheets of shortbread pastry cut also with the pie tin

1) preheat oven at 180 degrees celcius(356 degree F apparently), and pull out filling out of FRIDGE (if you dont want to get food poisoning as ill guarantee that you'll freeze the pies razz )

2) push the short bread pastry into pie tins so itll fit nicely and in the shape of a pie bottom... (has to remain in the tin so ytoull need about 5-10 tins to do it quickly)

3) make sure filling is defrosted, and place into pie bottoms

4) place the puff pastry lid onto the top of the pie bottom, and brush lid with egg wash so itll brown nicely, and not burn and catch alight as the sheets separate...

5) place into oven for about 30 mins or until lightly browned

the basic rule with pies is that you have to cook the filling before you put it in, as all you do when cooking a pie is heating the filling.... try not to use frozen filling, if you intend to freeze the pies, or you'll put everyone at risk for food poisoning, (which is sad, but yet funny at the same time.... jsut put it this way, im not allowed to cook much anymore unless its for myself razz )

or if you want it in slang

cut out the clothing
chuck in some of the crap
slap 'er in teh oven
have a few, and they'll be done by the second beer
eat up

Im coming over for dinner, providing you refrigerated the filling rofl
sounds deliciousssssss heart  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:14 pm
Making Student Union fees voluntary and introducing User Pays systems to Unis is horrible.

Students cant afford to pay, the VSU is going to hurt
clubs and organisations who can not normally be afforded
by people on Austudy.  

Ozumou

EmWah
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:27 pm
The V stands for Voluntary. As in before it was compulsary and everyone was in, but now it's only if you want to pay.

The new IR laws make me sad. Maybe if I send John Howard a picture of myself all sad and pouty he'll give us some better laws.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:14 am
Politians and politics suck. They are in it for themselves and to make the rich richer and the poor wanting to murder every rich b*****d that is in power. The pollies are in it to make money for themselves and make sure that their lives are as comfortable as inhumanly possible. *Starts plotting a government over throw.*

Beautiful Grotesque

Shameless Hoarder

BeMuled MissBeth

Shameless Fairy

19,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:41 am
Wow, sounds like your gov really likes to shaft you all. Geepers. Up here (in Ontario at least, I don't know about the other provinces) we have our Ministry of Labor. They issue all the laws of conduct for employers and employees. What they can do, what they can't. Such as there is a certain probationary period at any job of about three months. Within that time you can be fired for no reason whatsoever. Just on the spot, you're done. However, the moment you're past that initial three months, you can't be touched without very good reason (ie. consistently late, don't get the job done, safety issues, etc.).

The Ministry also protects the wages of employees, and our sick days. We get ten emergency leave days per calender year. If one of these days is used and reasonable proof of the absence is given (doctor's note, receipt for medicine, that sort of thing) then the employer cannot reprimand you in any way. Meaning they can't so much as take away any of your shifts. If they do anything that could be considered punishment for the absence, the Ministry comes down hard. They pay for the lawyers and courts, and they lay down the charges against the employer/company.

Maybe Aussies should get together and stand up to push something like that.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:10 am
We actually have all of that, and in fact all of that is still legal. The issue now, is that once all of those laws were compulsary: every workers contract had to include them. Now, there's a set of contracts which allow you to 'bargain' away such rights for increased pay. However, in addition to this, the Government has also removed Union powers, so there are a few isolated powers, where employees have been sacked (with a reason, which are now also more vague) and offered their new job at a lower rate, and with worse conditions. And they have little or no room for bargaining, it's either sign the new one, or look for a new job.  

WellzY
Crew

BeMuled MissBeth

Shameless Fairy

19,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:36 pm
Has anyone else here played/gotten addicted to that new 'The Godfather' game? I think it's available for just about every console system out there as well as PC. It's what I'm playing right now, and as much as it causes my stress levels to skyrocket, I just can't seem to get enough. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:04 am
I heard about it almost a year ago, while it was still in production. I havn't played it. I didn't know it was out.  

WellzY
Crew

BeMuled MissBeth

Shameless Fairy

19,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:33 am
It's out up here, I don't know if it's out down there. It's definitely worth a find and a try, though. Don't get it if you have other aspects of your life to concentrate on. Pratically all else will be ignored. *laughs* It's a great game. I only get to play it for a short while every day, but I've already made it halfway through the whole thing.

And just from playing it, I had to run out and buy the Godfather DVD collection. My lord those are good movies ... *drools* Hard to follow after the first one, though. *scratches head in confusion* sweatdrop 3nodding 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:46 pm
yeah its been out for a while now... ive noticed at at EB, but i havent played it....  

scruffy012

BeMuled MissBeth

Shameless Fairy

19,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:23 am
New request!

I want to be introduced to more music. Particularly some Australian stuff. I've heard of an Aboriginal woman who plays Didgeridoo, but I can't remember her name. But it's not just that kind of thing I want to hear. I want to hear all sorts of different genres from Aussie bands (mostly ones who aren't know anywhere else, North America has a tendency of tainting musicians from other countries). Also some stuff that has no real grouping, just considered Aussie, if any exists. Young, old, doesn't matter. Just nothing that's been released outside Oz. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:16 pm
The Cat Empire. Its a really fun band that is a mix of Hip-hop, Latin, Jazz and pure awesome.  

King Of Ninjas

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:10 am
The Cat Empire are very different. AC~DC as well of course. You might also like the band Powderfinger, or the vocalists new single career, just by Bernard Fanning. Wolfmother you might know of, I also like End of Fashion and Thersty Merc, and there's also Pete Murry, who's chilled out guitar stuff. Those are the more mainstream bands. Oh, and Ben Lee and MIssy Higgins, who are both very hippy, bogan Australian. And George are a bit different too. Infusion are a good electronic band as well. Sorry, I'm just looking through my play-list now. You might like Rogue Traders, but they're not original, and they just steal old riffs that are very good, like JET did. 3nodding

EDIT: Oh, and hip-hop band Hilltop Hoods.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:53 am
Sorry I've been away so long! sweatdrop Been really down on my luck and depressed as all get out lately ... I'm sure things'll pick up soon enough, but I'm just in a bit of a temporary slump.

Anywho, wanted to throw out a quick thank you to everyone who offered up ideas for my music collection. AC/DC is a huge band with worldwide fame, I already own some of their stuff. 4laugh But I've never heard of any of the other bands. I'd like to get something from as many genres as I can (yes, even country! ... and tribal, if such music exisists down under confused ). Once I'm back on my feet, I'll start exploring the music stores (and online shopping sites if necessary) to find and import some of the CDs everyone has recommended. Thanks again, mates! I appreciate it!

I don't have any other Aussie questions for you's right now, but I'm sure something will come back into my bluesome head again soon enough. Then there'll just be no stopping me. 3nodding wink 4laugh  

BeMuled MissBeth

Shameless Fairy

19,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200

BeMuled MissBeth

Shameless Fairy

19,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:54 pm
Well, it's Thanksgiving weekend up here ... or as we lovingly call it 'Turkey Day'! Which makes me wonder a few things ...

What is a traditional Australian Thanksgiving dinner like (if such a thing exists)?

In North America we typically have a turkey, with mashed/baked potatoes, yams, sweet potatoes, squash, pumpkin pie, and that sort of thing. I imagine it's a bit different in Oz, and I wouldn't mind knowing to what extent. 4laugh  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 19 20 21 22 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff