Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply The Colosseum (for battles, training, challenges, etc.)
Super Training Room [Times increased.] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:10 am
I entered the STR the next day, letting Angeal out of his ball and handing him the Lucky Egg. "Time to get you Blaziken," I said simply.

"Sounds good, Boss," Angeal said happily, taking the Lucky Egg and hyping himself up for the coming evolution.

I scratched the back of my head as he did this, feeling a strange lack of energy nearby. I didn't worry about it too much, though.

[Angeal: 24/40 EPs]  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:19 am
"Look alive chicken wings! It's time for round two of getting your flabby avian abs rock hard!" Sub shouted as he literally came jumping down from the ceiling above, having previously been holding onto his Koffing high above, the Poison Gas Pokemon thinking it was a game as the two awaited Terashi. As Sub landed Bohdan came floating down, smiling all the while and greeted Angeal with a cheerful hello in Pokespeak. But now wasn't the time for pleasantries.

"No more waiting! Let's get back to work! Sub's crash course training for lazy Pokemon begins now! Hop-Frog, you're up this time!" The man proclaimed as he tossed out a Dusk Ball, the device hitting the ground with a bounce and popping open to release the Froakie from yesterday. Last time it just spectated but today it would get some exercise.

"Let's start this show with a Smokescreen!" He ordered the Bubble Frog Pokemon.

With a croak Hop-Frog would pull his bubble 'scarf' up around his face to conceal his 'identity' like a ninja would. The frog would then conjure a bubble in its hand swirling with a black gaseous substance inside, then taking said bubble and slamming it on the ground causing it to burst open into a thick cloud of pitch black smoke which began to consume the field.

[1 Evo Point earned.]  

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:33 am
"Another type advantage from Sub," I sighed, feeling a bit annoyed, though I couldn't exactly blame him. As far as his entrance, I was used to Sub's eccentricities by now that nearly nothing surprised me. "Well, at least you get to use your Fighting-type moves today," I shrugged, as Angeal had more of those than Fire-type moves.

Seeing the Smokescreen had me thinking as Angeal had more than one answers to that. I shrugged, deciding to side for simplicity over subtlety. "Angeal, Defog."

'Get that weak crap out of here," Angeal leared, using his winglike arms to pour Flying-type energy into the room in an attempt to push the Smokescreen back. I could afford to play defensively for the time being, though I didn't intend to handle this fight the way I did with Brunor yesterday. There'd be a time to strike this time around.

[Angeal: 24+2=26/40 EPs]  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:37 am
"Froakie!?" Hop-Frog shouted in surprise as the Smokescreen was dispelled, exposing the frog hidden in the black smoke. Terashi might notice something strange about the frog, that is it seemed to have changed colors, its blue coloring now a simple white.

"Well there goes that." Sub chuckled and then shrugged. "Oh well, how about we get to do what was deprived of us yesterday? Hop-Frog, Toxic." The man ordered with a smile.

With an affirmative croak the Froakie's skin color would change again, this time to a purple coloring. The frog would then do a back flip and in mid flip fling a very fast moving purple bubble at the Combusken, like one would a dart. There would be no avoiding this it would appear, the bubble dart moving way too fast and upon contact it burst into a splatter of poisonous goop which would rapidly absorb its self into Angeal's body, poisoning him.

[2 Evo Points earned.]  

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:46 am
Once again, Angeal would try to block, and thus the Toxic dart would hit, poisoning him badly.

Sighing, I looked up Hop-Frog's data with my Academy Pokedex, wanting to confirm a theory. Sure enough, Sub's Froakie had the Protean ability. It's skin changing color was a sign of Protean changing its type. Angeal wouldn't have been able to dodge that Toxic if he tried.

I pocketed my Academy Pokedex and thought of a way to counter, but nothing came to mind that Angeal could use. "Sod it. Double Kick, Angeal."

Grunting, Angeal ran up to Froakie and kicked low, trying to get him up in the air where he could launch a second, stronger kick on Hop-Frog.

[Angeal: 26+2=28/40 EPs]  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:54 am
Hop-Frog would attempt to brace its self for the attack as it threw its arms up to defend, taking the first kick well enough but the second stronger kick would send the frog back into a tumble. Fortunately its new typing allowed it to lessen the damage suffered from the attack but it still stung. Now back on its feet Hop-Frog would shoot Angeal an angry glare but alas awaited further commands.

"You're on borrowed time now, I suppose we could just delay and let the poison do its thing but this is just a sparring session so I need to keep you on your toes. Hop-frog, Acrobatics!" The man ordered.

The Bubble Frog would leap high into the air, its skin changing again into a light blue to signify its type change. Its little frog legs would send it soaring all the way to the ceiling where it would land, adhering to the ceiling with its unique frog toes. Hop-frog would immediately kick off the ceiling and descend upon Angeal with great speed and once near would strike with a Flying energy empowered punch. Immediately upon landing the frog would leap back up and upon rising would get another punch or kick in. Hop-frog would continue to do this back and forth, changing up its direction each time. It would not stop until Angeal made it. Sub was getting a little more aggressive in their training this time.

[3 Evo Points earned.]  

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:05 pm
I facepalmed when it hit me, which was after Angeal's attack landed. Protean changes Hop-Frog's type, which means its weaknesses and resistances change too. Seeing Hop-Frog use Acrobatics worried me, since Flying-type moves were one of Angeal's weaknesses, but it also opened up an opportunity. 'Alright, try Rock Tomb," I ordered.

Angeal leaped into the air when Hop-Frog reached his apex, summoning boulders made of Rock-type energy to his side. Grabbing on to the energy-charged Froaking meant taking damage from Acrobatics, but it also allowed Angeal to throw Hop-Frog to the ground and then launch the boulders on top of him, hopefully crushing him underneath.

[Angeal: 28+2=30/40 EPs]  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:12 pm
Hop-frog would get caught and thrown to the floor where it would hit the ground with a fierce thud. Next came the rocks and there was little the under trained frog could do as they fell upon him, piling up and crushing him. A few seconds later Hop-frog would come crawling out of the rocks, freeing its self just long enough to mutter an expletive at Angeal before fainting.

"Yeah, that's not surprising." Sub said as he recalled the Pokemon. "Congratulations, you were Hop-frog's first real battle. He used to be owned by a Flare grunt so yeah, I'm almost certain he didn't get any real battles or training in. Work in progress that one." He said as he stowed the ball away. "However the show must go on. It's time to say hello to your old friend, Bohdan!"

The Koffing would float over to the field as Sub mentioned his name, the gas bag chuckling happily to its self, greeting Angeal several times.

"This one is a little sturdy than the last so show me what you got. Bohdan, use Stockpile." Sub commanded.

As if a remake of yesterday's match up and events Bohdan would begin storing energy inside its body, the Koffing gaining a good bit of mass as it grew in size.

[1 Evo Point earned.]  

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:25 pm
I smirked at Sub's antics, but stopped myself. I could use Bulk Up, hope Bohdan uses Clear Smog, and use Mirror Move like last time, but Angeal was badly poisoned this time around, so stalling was not in his best interests. Then again...

"Will-o-Wisp, Angeal," I ordered. I could, at the very least, show Bohdan the pain of suffering a status affliction, even though he wasn't the one that badly poisoned Angeal.

Speaking of, Angeal was starting to get worn down by the poison, though he tried not to show it. Creating a small orb of concentrated Fire-type energy, he would push it toward Bohdan, not throwing, but directing it with his own energy.

[Angeal: 30+2=32/40 EPs]  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:34 pm
"Maybe we should take a page out of your book. Bohdan, Protect." Sub said with a smirk, the Koffing letting out a cheerful laugh as it conjured around it a protective bubble of green energy, the burning orb of flame slamming against the shield and exploding in all its fiery glory in vein. "Yeah, we got plenty of time to stall. So, how does it feel to be on the other end of a Protect at an inconvenient time. Not so good, huh?" He taunted Terashi a little more. His fellow Snagem probably knew he wasn't taking this serious at all so any taunting and perceived humiliation was just Sub playing along and trying to have some fun. His Koffing seemed to be enjoying himself too as he spun around, enjoying the pretty light around it until it disappeared.

[2 Evo Points earned.]  

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100
TerashiLeonGoken generated a random number between 1 and 10 ... 1!

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:48 pm
I smirked when I saw Bohdan use Protect, as it was a move all of Pokemon know and have used on occasion. Then I noticed how Angeal was barely hanging on. "Welp, didn't get to use this on Hop-Frog, so there's no point in holding on to it. Thunder Punch."

"Take this!" Angeal shouted, leaping toward Bohdan with a fist that was electrically charged. Once he was withing range, Angeal swung, trying to catch Bohdan between his fist and the wall.

(Bohdan paralyzed on a 1)

[Angeal: 32+2=34/40 EPs]  
SubonicXP generated a random number between 1 and 4 ... 2!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:53 pm
Bohdan was hit by the punch, the electricity flowing out of the fist into its body and giving it a good zap. For the most part Bohdan would hold its ground, its already sturdy defenses helping it coupled with its increased mass and boost given by its earlier Stockpile. The Koffing however would not be laughing like it normally would as it twitched a bit, the Thunder Punch leaving it with a nasty paralysis.

"Well that stinks." Sub mused aloud as he noticed his Koffing was paralyzed. "Ah well, what can ya do? Bohdan, another Stockpile." The man waved at his Koffing dismissively.

Provided Bohdan could fight through the paralysis it would stock up more energy, causing its body to grow even further and more even more solid in its defenses.

(If 1, Bohdan is fully paralyzed and does nothing.)

[3 Evo Points earned.]  

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:00 pm
I couldn't help but smirk. The trump card I held for Hop-Frog, which wouldn't have helped anyway because Protean, came through here. Which was good, because Angeal wasn't going to last much long. "Alright, follow up with Smelling Salts!"

Angeal charged his claws with Normal-type energy and slapped Bohdan with each of them, as if slapping his cheeks to wake him up. Since Bohdan was paralyzed, this move would do far more damage than it normally would, but that's if the move hits.

[Angeal: 34+2=36/40 EPs]  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:06 pm
The move would indeed hit and very hard, Bohdan clapped between both the claws and shaken terribly as it cried out in pain and immediately fell to the floor. At first it looked as it the powerful attack had knocked it out but Sub knew better as he stood there smiling all the while.

"Wow, that was pretty good, and very strong. Buuut you forgot one thing. Bohdan, use Swallow." Sub commanded.

The Koffing would show it had survived the attack, barely and mostly thanks to the two Stockpiles it performed which gave it twice boosted defenses. The Poison Gas Pokemon would stir a little bit before suddenly it lost all the mass it ground and reverted back to its normal size. Immediately upon shrinking down the Koffing shot back up into the air and began to sway happily, recovered from a great portion of the damage as it restored half of its total health.

"Was nice of you to heal it of its paralysis though." Sub taunted, pointing out that Bohdan was indeed no longer paralyzed on top of still hanging in there.

[4 Evo Points earned.]  

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:17 pm
"Screw this," Angeal huffed, a bit salty that Bohdan was able to recover from that perfect setup. Charging his Fire-type energy, he let it out in one great blast that almost filled the room, giving his use of Overheat all that he had left.

When the heat faded, Angeal was on his back, having fainted from the Toxic poisoning. I recalled him and let Sparrow out of her ball, since she was closer to evolving than either Sauron or Haku.

[Angeal: 36+2=38/40 EPs]
[Sparrow: 27/40 EPs]  
The Colosseum (for battles, training, challenges, etc.)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games