Welcome to Gaia! ::

The KoS Guild: The AMv capitol of the universe!

Back to Guilds

Reply General Off-Topic Discussion
Random Chatter Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zahmira

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:39 am
Balcerzak
Zahmira
toshi168
Hey all! I'm leaving on thursday for hawaii, so I wont be around till probably the 25 of July. I might still be on later today, but not tommorow or thursday. Just saying have a good and safe Summer.
Have fun!

In other news: The bill allowing same-sex marriage in Canada was passed last night! I'm really happy about this. Hurray! Alberta is already busy trying to find a way around it.

Didn't one pass in Spain recently too? Liberty is on the march.
I know that Canada was the third country to allow it. Not sure who the first two were.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:02 pm
well good news!
i am now spreading my horizons and going to be making a Trigun music video instead of the usual FLCL!
YAY!
ill post the new video once im done with it and have it on the site at the review member videos forum so be watching for it! biggrin  

Satan is my Bitch

Zahmira

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:25 pm
blakemann
well good news!
i am now spreading my horizons and going to be making a Trigun music video instead of the usual FLCL!
YAY!
ill post the new video once im done with it and have it on the site at the review member videos forum so be watching for it! biggrin
I've done something similar. I used to make only Hellsing AMVs, but I've recently made a Sailor Moon one.

Of course, come December or so, I will be back to Hellsing as the OVA will be starting. smile

Wait a minute... this isn't off topic at all! xd  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:39 am
Zahmira
blakemann
well good news!
YAY!
I've done something similar. I used to make only Hellsing AMVs, but I've recently made a Sailor Moon one.

Of course, come December or so, I will be back to Hellsing as the OVA will be starting. smile

Wait a minute... this isn't off topic at all! xd

Nice. Very Nice indeed. I have the boxset of the TV Show and it's awesoem. Should I wait for the OVA or make an AMV with the Boxset I have now ?  

The Eternal

Balcerzak

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:47 pm
Eternal Knightmare
Nice. Very Nice indeed. I have the boxset of the TV Show and it's awesoem. Should I wait for the OVA or make an AMV with the Boxset I have now ?

Either or both.
On the one hand much of the material from the TV series has been covered to death already, but on the otherhand you did well with your Eva video, and most of those suffer the same problems. On a third hand, mixing TV and OVA footage may prove fresh and exciting, or even just using the OVA pure. Your choice really, but that's the rundown as I see it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:25 am
The OVA will be much better than the TV Series plot wise (ewww... Incognito.... stare ) as it will actually follow the manga.

As for what to make your video with, it is true that the TV series has been done to death, but the same fate awaits the OVA.

I plan on re-making some of my videos once the OVA comes out. C is for Cookie will be the first one because I was really running out of Anderson footage and got desperate. I think I may redo Narf as well, since I do believe the OVA will start right from the begining again.

And now for a picture from the OVA...

Rip!
User Image  

Zahmira

trickylove

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:01 pm
for an off topic topic, there sure is a lot of discussion about amv's. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:48 pm
Indeed. It's all good.  

Zahmira

trickylove

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:22 pm
you could always make a thread for general AMV discussion.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:07 am
Zahmira
The OVA will be much better than the TV Series plot wise (ewww... Incognito.... stare ) as it will actually follow the manga.

Everybody always seems to whine about it not following the manga, and frankly I don't know what the huge deal is. In my opinion Incognito worked OK, and I thought frankly that the last episodes of the TV showed a lot of character growth for Ceres (whose story was frankly my favorite part -- watching the development of a new vampire > watching unbeatable badass at work -- although that was fun too). Granted I haven't read the manga past where they diverge yet, and I'm sure it's fine, I just wish people would lay off the TV series because it's not a strict following.

If I understood things correctly, didn't the TV show go its own way because they had already exhausted what manga was out at the time, and needed to finish with something? If that's the case I think they did a fine job and finished strongly. End Rant.
Quote:

As for what to make your video with, it is true that the TV series has been done to death, but the same fate awaits the OVA.

Of course, such is the fate of all popular series. But with the OVA at least you may be able to get yours done before the slew of mediocre videos arrive, and drown out the market making the good vids hard to find.
Quote:

I plan on re-making some of my videos once the OVA comes out. C is for Cookie will be the first one because I was really running out of Anderson footage and got desperate. I think I may redo Narf as well, since I do believe the OVA will start right from the begining again.

Sounds like a fine plan, I know what footage shortage can do to a person gonk . I really enjoyed Narf by the way, thought it was your best video, and really seemed to fit well.  

Balcerzak

The Eternal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:31 am
I have some ideas that haven't been done before, So I can try my best to work with what I got.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:19 pm
Balcerzak
If I understood things correctly, didn't the TV show go its own way because they had already exhausted what manga was out at the time, and needed to finish with something? If that's the case I think they did a fine job and finished strongly. End Rant.
That's quite true. I'm still not an Incognito fan though wink

Balcerzak
Of course, such is the fate of all popular series. But with the OVA at least you may be able to get yours done before the slew of mediocre videos arrive, and drown out the market making the good vids hard to find.
Very true.

Balcerzak
Sounds like a fine plan, I know what footage shortage can do to a person gonk . I really enjoyed Narf by the way, thought it was your best video, and really seemed to fit well.
Thank you!

trickylove
you could always make a thread for general AMV discussion.
You know... that might not be a bad idea...  

Zahmira

trickylove

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:42 am
I knew I had to have at least a few not bad ones.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:19 pm
Zahmira

Rip!
User Image
I'm probably going to hit myself after I hear the answer, but who is that in the picture? There's something about it, maybe the angle, but I just can't recognize them. It doesn't look like Integral because of the hair (plus if she smiled like that I"d be scared), and Alucard doesn't were corrective lenses (only sunglasses 'cause they're cool). Is it a new villian?  

Balcerzak

The Eternal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:26 pm
Balcerzak
Zahmira

Rip!
User Image
I'm probably going to hit myself after I hear the answer, but who is that in the picture? There's something about it, maybe the angle, but I just can't recognize them. It doesn't look like Integral because of the hair (plus if she smiled like that I"d be scared), and Alucard doesn't were corrective lenses (only sunglasses 'cause they're cool). Is it a new villian?

I gotta hunch it is Alucard. Congrats on the engagement, Zahmira !  
General Off-Topic Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff