Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Pain In the a** things about being a GOTH..... Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Maggoty Anne

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:36 am
Joselle`Stark
And another pain in the a** thing -- your room's so full of black clothing, linens,etc. that if you DARE bring any small black object in there, INCLUDING YOUR CAT, you're guaranteed to lose it for at least a day.

roflmao!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:38 am
trying to find clothes no one else wears. especially when you can't order stuff online.

I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A TOP HAT FOR 6 MONTHS!!!!

i also need white face powder and greasepaint, but does anyone have that any other time than halloween? nooooo..............  

Maggoty Anne

(Black)_(Leaf)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:45 am
Your not the only one looking for a top hat and a FULL LENGTH DUSTER>,< ebey is selling one but ... hes waiting for more ******** offers lil b***h!!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:10 pm
People always asking me for cigarettes. I don't smoke. I tell them. They get a highly affronted look and say something akin to "I thought ALL goth kids smoked.", and then prance off. Glurb.

Having your sleeves get in the way when you're trying to draw.

Explaining to people that just because THEY haven't heard of a band doesn't mean they don't exist.

"i dont know why u hang out with her, ******** vampire, she'll make u worship stan or something" Apparently, I worship some guy named Stan. Intriguing.

Having a mostly white cat, and thus most of what I own is apt to be coated in very visible fluffbutt hair.  

Vexworth

Nazo no Kanjojin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:37 pm
-Not looking like a "gothy" goth, or being able to dress like one (My parents are teh oppressorz)

-Stupid socio-zombies calling you "weird" and thinking it's an insult, when you know you're weird

-Not being able to share most of the things that you think about with other people, simply because they aren't "society friendly"

-No one understanding your sense of humor (morbid or otherwise)

-People calling me an "Uncle Tom" (that makes me want to just kill someone with a rock and a spoon)  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:41 pm
LordAmunShae
The most annoying thing to me is the stares and the whispering I've had people walk past me and turn around and stare at me like i'm some sort of attraction at the zoo. They don't realize how degrading it is. Next is the names I've been called, like one time I was at the state fair with two of my friends and we were just sitting there smoking and talking and this group of jocks walked by then we hear it. "Fags!" I know it's no use getting worked up about it but I'd had a rough day and that was the last staw for me. So I managed to find a rock the size of a base ball and lobbed it at a head. I ended up with a broken nose that night but they got far worse. What I'm saying I guess is i'm not going to sit back and let people degrade me for being the person i am. Just because I wear eyeliner and have a different style does not mean that I am a f**....though I am bisexual.

Sorry for double posting. But I agree with this! I was making fun of these girls who looked like they were gonna go beastiaity on us, and they started calling me gay! I'm like, "If i said half the stuff that I wanted to say out loud, you'd kill me." But like you, LordAmunShae, I'm bi as well, but...people don't know it...in teh real world.  

Nazo no Kanjojin

Evil-Olive

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:15 pm
My general list:

1: My parents thinking I need help and bitching at me to wear something other than black

2: People look at you like you have no face or something stupid like that

3: Being mistaken for emo I AM NOT EMO

4: Kids at school running up to you and asking "Do you, like, worship the devil?"

5: People call you a freak or a wierdo like it's an insult

stare

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:57 am
My biggest pain in the a** is people telling you you're not a "real goth" just because you don't conform to how they usually dress...  

Loki Iago

Anxious Scamp

Devils_lilboy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:37 am
SarahArden
My biggest pain in the a** is people telling you you're not a "real goth" just because you don't conform to how they usually dress...

Your not the only one..... exclaim  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:12 am
I have a black roommate, who sleeps in black pj's, on her black bed, in our already gothed out room

sometimes i dont even know shes in the room for hours at a time, until she wakes up and scares the s**t outta me
ninja  

Choboxer

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:10 pm
When you get a random guy asking you out because you're "goff" and "into all the S&M s#!t" because " all goff girls are into that kinda stuff" and "he's always wanted to try it"....... yeah.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:40 pm
(Black)_(Leaf)
Your not the only one looking for a top hat and a FULL LENGTH DUSTER>,< ebey is selling one but ... hes waiting for more ******** offers lil b***h!!!!

A duster really isn't that hard to find, dude neutral
Just try a western-themed shop, you're bound to find one (hell, that's how I got mine)  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:41 pm
Dead Ed
(Black)_(Leaf)

A duster really isn't that hard to find, dude neutral
Just try a western-themed shop, you're bound to find one (hell, that's how I got mine)

Top hats.... just go to fancy dress shops, there's ton of them usually, they're not as nice but they won't get ruined when it rains  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:00 pm
Freedom Fire
It's a pain in the a** trying to find good clothes! I can find some good stuff in Hot Topic as well as random mainstream clothing stores, but most of the stores near me sell "trendy" clothes, and I have to look really hard to find clothes I like. I can't shop online because I'm always afraid something won't fit and I know I'm too lazy to send stuff back if it doesn't fit. I might be going to college in the city next year, in which case it will be easier to find good clothes, but until then shopping is really hard!

I also hate it when people say I'm just trying to be different, or I'm just trying to get attention. What, is it so hard to believe that this might actually be who I am? I also wish people would stop thinking I'm just goth to get certain people (like my friends and my boyfriend) to like me.

i have to go to the local rock shop, and the clothing there isnt exactly what you'd call high quality, unless it's band stuff, and i have little interest in many of the bands they sell, though i find some stuff i like there occasionally. they also have a bondage collar i want and some bullet belts, as well as some bondage pants(as soon as i have enough saved up to get my computer i'm going ot use what's left over to buy some plaid ones), and some random goth stuff, but most of their goth stuff is for girls, including the fishnet shirt i got there, though it's more unisex, it's mostly bought by girls...  

DR490N

Avalon Niamh Sky

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:13 pm
OK this is going to be a shortened version of a story that did happen, not to long ago either..
Not only am I goth, but I am pagan as well, and I'm open about my sexuality, religion, style, anything you ask me, I'll tell you the truth, the straight forward truth. Well, one day at schoo, when I walked into my History class and sudenly even before I could get my seccond foot in the door I hear someone scream "satan worshiper!" Then I see a couple people crying hystericly hiding behind their books, other stand up and start to pray, and some make a mad dash for the door where i'm standing (I guess they where hopeing to make it by me) and started begging and pleading that I wont sacrafice them and kill them. Why do people assume, i'm evil, i warship someone they call satan, and that i will sacrafice them in some sort of ceramony? It's amusing and ANOYING as hell at the same time....

Blessed Be,

Rhea  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games