Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Crowds of Coruscant Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 71 72 73 74 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:47 pm
I haven't read any of the Tales of... collections.

Are they really worth it?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:09 pm
I've only read Jabba's Palace and New Republic. Palace is great. The stories are interwoven - you'll recognize characters and scenes from one tale in the background of another. A good mix of drama and humor, with a dash of creepy and melancholy. Oh, and there's a Zahn tale - you've heard Mara Jade was in the palace, right?

New Republic - not so much. The only story really worth it is another Zahn tale - how Mara got the Jade's Fire. And I think you can find that story on Hyperspace somewhere, anyway, if you'd rather spring for membership. A couple of the other stories - the ones I remember - are kinda interesting; there's one about a Weequay couple, of all things, who go searching for a treasure that's only uncovered during a super-low tide once every 50 years, or something; one about two inmates in an Imperial prison, and their comrades who are rescuing them; and a creepy thing involving worms that reanimate dead soldiers on a battlefield, which might be in the same story as the prison thing.

Wow, didn't mean to write so much. sweatdrop  

Durza the Shade

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:10 pm
have you read Tales of the Empire?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:15 pm
Durza the Shade
I've only read Jabba's Palace and New Republic. Palace is great. The stories are interwoven - you'll recognize characters and scenes from one tale in the background of another. A good mix of drama and humor, with a dash of creepy and melancholy. Oh, and there's a Zahn tale - you've heard Mara Jade was in the palace, right?

New Republic - not so much. The only story really worth it is another Zahn tale - how Mara got the Jade's Fire. And I think you can find that story on Hyperspace somewhere, anyway, if you'd rather spring for membership. A couple of the other stories - the ones I remember - are kinda interesting; there's one about a Weequay couple, of all things, who go searching for a treasure that's only uncovered during a super-low tide once every 50 years, or something; one about two inmates in an Imperial prison, and their comrades who are rescuing them; and a creepy thing involving worms that reanimate dead soldiers on a battlefield, which might be in the same story as the prison thing.

Wow, didn't mean to write so much. sweatdrop

Okay that thing on the treasure reminds me of a Jedi Quest story...  

FrozenPhoenix32

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:22 pm
do tell.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:28 pm
The low-tide event is known as the Day of the Sepulchral Night. Ring any Jedi Quest bells?  

Durza the Shade

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:30 pm
what's all this about Jedi Quest?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:36 pm
We're turning this into the EU thread . . . anyway, Jedi Quest is the series of preteen-targeted books detailing Obi-Wan's adventures with teenaged apprentice Anakin. It'd be interesting if they witnessed the Day of the Sepulchral Night; an obscure tie-in I wouldn't have expected from that series.  

Durza the Shade

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:37 pm
oh, no wonder I never read 'em.
anywho, who won the Rose Bowl?
I keep forgetting.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:41 pm
Neither did I. I want to eventually, because the Jedi Apprentice books were by the same author, and those were alright, considering the age group. But I'll probably never get around to it.

Um, Texas. Good game, but that's neither here nor there. Oh, crap, I should be sleeping, I've got an English exam tomorrow. G'night!  

Durza the Shade

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:46 pm
Night man.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:20 pm
Night.

Oh and in the story, Obi-Wan and Anakin go to this planet Kodai to get a Sith holocron but the tide only comes once every obscure number of years.  

FrozenPhoenix32

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:27 pm
Hmm *checks book* No, the Day of the Sepulchral Night is on Zelos II.

Woah, I'd forgotten about some of the stories in here. There are more good ones than I thought, including a Boba Fett story and a mini-novel with Zahn and Stackpole each writing two chapters. Ysanne Isard, field agent, goes after the stolen Death Star plans and runs into Hal Horn. Guest starring Garm Bel Iblis and Moranda Savich.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:30 pm
hmm..Zelos...where have I heard that name from before?....  

Sol Walker
Crew

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:43 pm
Well, there's also a planet called Telos. Or perhaps you're thinking of the Zeltrons?  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 71 72 73 74 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games