Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Will you dress your children gothic? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So, would you?
  Yea, it'd be cute.
  Probly not.
  I'm open to it, I guess
View Results

T3ddyB3arL0v3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:56 am
i wouldn't care if my children dresed gothic, prep or anything, as long as they don't get one of those smart butt attitudes with me and start getting out of control, then the onlything they'll wear is camo when i send their butts to military camp.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:52 am
When I do eventually have children, when ever that may be, my kids are going to be the most gothic babies ever. I've already started planning what kind of things to get them an everything. Super Gothic Lolita Babies!! ^_^  

Tusyo

1,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200

searchingsolace

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:08 am
sure y not????  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:39 am
Maybe as a baby, but once they could pick out their own, then I'll let them pick their path.  

Divinity Rage

i-- M a r i e --i

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:55 am

Are you saying you are going to give it a skull-belt? O.o  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:06 am
I would, it'd be sooo sweet biggrin  

Rotting Bodies

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:18 am
Jadyn_Fortysix
Maybe as a baby, but once they could pick out their own, then I'll let them pick their path.
That's probably the best course of action. They won't be your cute little dolls to dress forever, they'll have their own minds and their own personality eventually (hopefully... stare ) and when that time comes you should let them explore around and find themselves.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:13 pm
I have a two girls, an the one dresses pretty normal an the little on is still to young to know any better.
But we dress her in some gothic stuff an some normal stuff it just all depends on where we're going an who we're hanging out with.
Now when they both get older. I don't care what they wear.My mom was really cool an let me choose my own fashion even though she didn't understand it ,or even liked it for that matter.An I refuse to control my children's life in such a trivial matter such as clothes an style.
An yes children are adorable all gothed out. As long as it isn't taken to the extreme. Such as putting make up on them, an dying their hair.  

kleyinc

osirisgoauldgoddess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:12 pm
I would, but I have a very deep respect for any creature alive or dead. And so, although many of my friends think I`m insane, if possible I would let the child decide what it wants to wear. If it likes gothic clothes, it would make me happy. But if it prefers to run around with all colors mixed around, I would tolerate it although I`d think it looks ridiculous. The ultimate decission in clothes lies with the child, since its body is not my body and therefore I have no right to implement my thoughts. But that`s just me.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:25 pm
osirisgoauldgoddess
I would, but I have a very deep respect for any creature alive or dead. And so, although many of my friends think I`m insane, if possible I would let the child decide what it wants to wear. If it likes gothic clothes, it would make me happy. But if it prefers to run around with all colors mixed around, I would tolerate it although I`d think it looks ridiculous. The ultimate decission in clothes lies with the child, since its body is not my body and therefore I have no right to implement my thoughts. But that`s just me.

i agree with you there.
i would be happy in whatever my kids wants to wear as long as they are happy. thats all that matters.

Ayame_Rikimayu

The Noni

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:22 pm
I think just like religion, views on politics, views on music, etc, the taste in clothing you wear should not be pushed on your child.

Obviously in the infant years you have to choose, but when the time comes, let them make their own decisions.
Obviously not wearing mix-matched clothing to public affairs and stuff, but you get the jest of it.

My best friend is due Mid-October and I've bought her some stuff from Hottopic and other places that is "gothesque" but at the same time, she's keeping regular baby stuff too.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:25 pm

Well, I'll have to decide this soon,
considering I very well could be pregnant. sweatdrop

But I'll just dress him/her in regular clothes,
maybe a little bit darker or elegant with childish flare.

Then when he/she's old enough, he/she can decide for himself/...herself. xD;
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lunar-Escape

Jarc_The_Mighty

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:32 pm
I could care less what they wear. Their mother could go buy them clothes, or they could come with me, tell me what they want, and I'll buy it for them. Whether or not they dress goth is up to them, but if they do I'll be behind them all they way. I don't care what they choose, I just want to be a part of their lives and chear for whatever they want to do or be.

Hell, I'm bisexual, so even if they become gay I'll be all for it. Even if I wasn't I'd still be behind them...especially since my father is a homophob.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:12 am
I agree. As a parent you should awlays stay behind you child, no matter what sexual orientation, what likes and dislikes they have, or if they are disabled.  

osirisgoauldgoddess

VampyreofGraves

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:21 am
if i had kids, i'd let them dress the way they want, but thats just me  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games