Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Are ALL goths depressed? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:56 pm
I think I must have phrased that so that it sounded like I felt more guilty than I actually was. It's about the same level of embarrassment that one can get going out in public with an elderly family member.
It's clear that I can't do anything about it, and there's nothing actually wrong with it, but it's embarrassing to reinforce stereotypes.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:20 pm
See, there's something called a perky goth, which pretty much describes most goths over the age of, say, 16.

I'm very perky and happy. I think Goth helps. Part of being a Goth is accepting death and other horrible things. I think it helps to accept and poke fun at such things. There is also a whimsical, if dark, side to Goth. Also, since emotions such as anger and sadness are not seen as bad things in the Gothic subculture, people hold back their emotions and opinions less, which might help.  

lola_siannodel

haunted milkshake

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:15 pm
no (I'm an exception, I'm just a little bit off^^)  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:14 pm
usually.... I will feel really worried or guilty about something, overly so. I'll get depressed when something bad happens, or I'll just act withdrawn when I'm actually just calm and, happy would not really describe it... but I have a smile on my face.  

Angel of the End

Xahmen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:23 am
If we aren't depressed then why would we dress in all black all the time?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:43 am
Zahthan II

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

GilAskan
Crew

Xahmen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:59 am
GilAskan
Zahthan II

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Have you ever met a Nun?
They are some of the most depressing people ever.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:49 pm
lola_siannodel
See, there's something called a perky goth, which pretty much describes most goths over the age of, say, 16.

I'm 18 and considering medication (if only because regular exercise, better diet, and improved sleep habits aren't completing the job). Keep in mind that some cases of depression are due to mental conditions, not pubescent angst.

EDIT: To elaborate, it's not always "My standing in life is terrible," it can be "My head is eating itself."  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:40 pm
Who ever said black was a color of depression? In alot of counties, the color is white. Red use to be worn at weddings for the bride's gown, but now it is white, the color of Death in both Japan, India, and other places.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:40 pm
Im depressed.... but mostly bacause im out of cookies......

all right, to be seriouse. Im happy most of the time, and it actually takes a lot to get me mad or anything.  

doom1000

2,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:19 pm
-Resurrected Writer-
lola_siannodel

I'm 18 and considering medication (if only because regular exercise, better diet, and improved sleep habits aren't completing the job). Keep in mind that some cases of depression are due to mental conditions, not pubescent angst.

EDIT: To elaborate, it's not always "My standing in life is terrible," it can be "My head is eating itself."
I would say "you have no idea..." and put a surly little emoticon next to it, but that just wouldn't be true.

Anways.... burning_eyes

Martial arts can be amazingly calming, in an odd way.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:34 pm
XWraith_LordX
-Resurrected Writer-
lola_siannodel

I would say "you have no idea..." and put a surly little emoticon next to it, but that just wouldn't be true.

Anways.... burning_eyes

Martial arts can be amazingly calming, in an odd way.

Not that odd to me, I learned Tang Soo Do around age twelve or so and it was fun stuff.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

gothsrock13

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:54 am
Well, most certainly not. That is, unless you are going through a time of great suffering.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:52 pm
I don't think so, I like to believe it is just a choice of style really.

Any one else recieved the guild announcement? I completely forgot about any guild if it wasn't for it surprised  

Sorrows Passion

redtearsblackwings

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:54 am
No not all Goths are depressed. I have a fair few goth friends and none of them are depressed.
Quite the oppercet they are all hypoactive.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff