Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Who here actually READS anymore?(I do and I'm proud of it!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How are you? (I'm FORCING you to answer nicely!)
  Very fine thank you.
  Not very well I'm afraid.
View Results

exeno rainbow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:25 pm
I just finished a pretty cool book called Dante's Equation {it has nothing to do with Dante's Inferno} and now I'm reading Nightwatch. I mostly read scif-fi and fantasy.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:36 pm
I love reading especially series like harry potter. I also like to read books. Lately i've been watching tv but thats only when i'm really super bored and when its loud in the house.  

Demonic_angels

Redwing~Shadow

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:01 pm
DreamerSpirit
Veruniel
My only trouble is that I read slowly. I see all sorts of interesting books, and I buy them faster than I can go through them!

Haha... I'm the same way! I love to read, and have quite a nice little personal library, yet I buy/borrow books faster than I can read them! sweatdrop
I like to read slow to take my time, especially if it's a good story, I still read, I read every night, I've been doing that for a good hobby, I love fantasy and all that good stuff. My favorite author is Merceses Lackey, and I like to read non-fiction like psychology stuff, religious history, and what not, those kind of things interest me. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:44 am
I don't read as much anymore because of the incredibly taxing amount of homework. But now that it's summer, I'm trying to read more. I picked up Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone as well as Stephen King's 'Salem's Lot.

I finished Harry Potter in one sitting. Don't really know what that says but whatever. xp

Loki Iago

Anxious Scamp

poncho steve

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:20 am
i read a lot

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:06 pm
i do!!! Tamora pierce J.K. Rowling and and and Jenny Nimo, Katheren Lasky, C.S. Lewis. I love to read.  

XxParalyzing_silencexX

Awesome Akwardness

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:38 pm
Honestly most of my families money goes to bills so I don't have the money and our library has little to no books...So it would appear that I will have to wait to get a job to buy the books I want..  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:53 am
I go to the book store far too much. My room is practically a library. I have the entire Harry Potter, Cirgue du Freak, and Maximum Ride series. I also have tons of Stephen King novels and and mystery book series.  

Sorinchako

Julien_Isfange

7,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:55 am
XWraith_LordX
Seriouslly! Who really goes to the bookstore, gets a copy of "the red badge of courage" and reads anymore. I still do! The amount of people who go to the bookstore for something besides anime is dwindling...Anime is cool but try reading something else as well for a change.

While I have a topic started here, I would like to ask how many goths you know/meet that you would consider intelligent/"geeky" (read books, know about history, literature, science, don't hate school...) It seems like a lot of people these days just headbang to some metal band, wear black, and say they're goth. No. I'm sorry. Those qualities alone can't make you goth. Or at least "true goth". They should read up about goth a bit more.

Also, who here plays an instument? What do you play, for how long, and do you wright your own music?

I have a huge collection of book I've been aquiring sense I was 9. Aside from the gaming and the very few comics I own, the majority of it is sci-fi/fantasy. I have classic lit also but not much of anything else. Right now my books are worth about $10k, $4k if I was just to liquidate them. Yep, it's a safe assumption I still read mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:23 am
I definitely still read. I get in trouble for reading in class sometimes sweatdrop I'm proud to call myself literate and able to actually use and understand the English language, unlike a vast majority of people on the internet. I read mainly sci-fi and fantasy books, and then there's manga too but those are basically japanese comic books lol. If I really work at it I can read a novel in a week or less (considering I read about an hour or two a day) unless it's more than 600 pages. I may not be a really fast reader compared to some of you guys but compared to most people in my high school I'm pretty fast lol. As for manga, those volumes are gone easily within an hour.

Love,
Fox Makenshi  

Fox_Makenshi

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:12 pm
I'm currently working on my summer reading....

1984 by George Orwell

Utopia by Sir Thomas Moore

Promised Land, Crusader State by (umm.... I forgot the author and am too lazy to go and get the book!!!)

...and some book about affirmative action...  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:45 pm
I do  

babalonsatene

Drifter_Xwolf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:11 pm
Yup on occasion but it has to be something im really into.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:38 am
i like to read books  

dante_reincarnation15

Sada Mitsuko

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:25 pm
I actually love to read. Although I do buy manga and comics somtimes, I also never miss a good chance to read. I like many different genres and types of text from fictional to non-fictional. I love to read about history and mythology as well as buildings design and other things. I also love good fictions, fantasy, action,horror, thriller, crime, you name it. I love classics though. Dracula and Frankienstine are two of my favourties but only complete and unabridged versions. I have just spent the last few nights reading and finishing the final Harry Potter book, call me sad but meh. I am now currently reading, well not right now but you get it. Four Past Midnight by Stephen King and the story within called Secret window, Secret Garden.

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games