Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Kickass things about being GOTH! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sugar Tree

Eloquent Bloodsucker

11,400 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:50 pm
CircleOfTheDarkOnes
here's one i like:
when people ask why i wear black, i get to say "Tell ya what, I'll stop wearing back just as soon as you can find me a darker color." Most of the time they just stare at me, but sometimes they laugh.
I think that's officially the best thing I have EVER read in my life.

Just told my boyfriend, he said he's seen a t-shirt with that printed on it.

I am so getting that shirt.

Very.Slowly.Dying.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:33 am
broken_joker
I'm not sure about other countries...but with the UK scene, it is just one big family. Nothing gets in they way of us being together...well, other than work and college.

For example, I have this friend. She had a kid with this guy and he disappeared, wanting nothing to do with the child (nasty piece of chav scum that he was)...so, the child has simply been adopted by the whole group. Instead of the child having just the one father, they've ended up with 10 or so of them.

^^ Thats wonderful! heart It seems the child might actually be better off than with it's own father (by blood, which has proven rather thin, hasn't it?). It's great that you both know such kind people you can relate to.  

Angel of the End

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:44 am
Arkythiana
Though I don't own very many clothes or much music that would be considered goth, when I wear some of my outfits to church I get really positive comments from people about how well I coordinated all the pieces of my outfit. They don't think my clothing choices are weird, and my preacher actually told me she admired me for how I was so different. biggrin I also think it's a great thing that some of my younger cousins see me the way I am. I hoping when they enter high school, they won't be the jerks that pick on the kids who are "different." Also, I love my boots.

The same thing always happens to me. And it is so great to go into churches of a hundred or more years old with a traditional service, with all the stained glass and beautiful decor. Also, you can dress up and wear alot of jewerly, and people just smile and complement you on how artistic you look.

Also, a funny thing that happened at church last week. Me and my mom went to one of the old churches downtown for church service. We walked in, sat down. I was dressed in a black corset, long sleeve sheer top, and ankle-length black lacy skirt. It seemed like most the girls coming in (there were several hundred people in this really old beautiful church) were wearing those really popular big bright colorful prints. My mom whispered to me, "I am so happy you have your own sense of style." She really hates those prints....  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:51 pm
One thing: little kids! ^___^
I get so many complements from little kids! They are so adorable!
"Look mommy, her hair's purple!" -hudge smile on the little girl's face-
Or like when my boyfriend's little brother asked me, he's seen me alot, always dressed in black, if a black car in the parking lot was mine XD he was soo cute, about 4 years old, the most ADORABLE little boy in the world! Same with my cute little cousin too, I love her to death!
Little kids love seeing people dressed pretty or with brightly colored hair, they seem to get so happy and are so innocent and precious too, it's simply wonderful, just wonderful.  

Angel of the End

Sneeferu

Dangerous Gekko

10,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:02 pm
I'd hate to bring up an old topic but people that dress in black are always gonna be guaranteed warmth biggrin
Goths always have the coolest outfit at anime-cons
They don't really care what their wearing
Their fun people to be around  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:01 pm
I agree, most are very pleasant people to have conversations with!  

Sorrows Passion

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:46 am
Sorrows Passion
I agree, most are very pleasant people to have conversations with!

Funny how so many people assume different, usually, the sterotypes say almost the opposite of who we are... it is funny ^^
Depressed - er not really
Cutting - no
Drugs - get out of here
Anger Issue? - STOP GETTING IN MY FACE!!!
((Lol, I joke I joke, I kid I kid))  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:33 am
I really like having people walk in another dicrection to avoid me and my friends.  

redtearsblackwings

Cyto

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:31 am
MY BEST THINGS ABOUT IT n.n HOLD IN TIGHT

-All my clothes can go into the same load when doing Laundry!!
-When I feel fat, black reminds me of how beautiful I am!!! By Complementing me
-When I walk in, people stare because they can't help it. Just because I am not a prep doesn't mean I don't like attention even if its bad sometimes I still thrive.
-When I leave the house, people think I play dress up. Must I say this, what better is a game of wearing what ever you feel like and smiling like you are never wrong? Getting attention for it razz
- Walking around and smiling and waving to little kids when their parents give me dirty looks  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:06 am
Angel of the End
One thing: little kids! ^___^
I get so many complements from little kids! They are so adorable!
"Look mommy, her hair's purple!" -hudge smile on the little girl's face-
Or like when my boyfriend's little brother asked me, he's seen me alot, always dressed in black, if a black car in the parking lot was mine XD he was soo cute, about 4 years old, the most ADORABLE little boy in the world! Same with my cute little cousin too, I love her to death!
Little kids love seeing people dressed pretty or with brightly colored hair, they seem to get so happy and are so innocent and precious too, it's simply wonderful, just wonderful.

As annoying as children may be, I find that my friend's older brother's kids find my mohawk "SUPER AWESOME!!" and that they want to play Pokemon with me as a result.  

Simim

5,750 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

bittersweet world girl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:33 am
i think one good thing is that at school when i walk down the hallways or down the stairs people avoid to pass to close by me so i dont get pushed or shoved and i wont get sick with all their normal ill germs...^__^ =] ha ha (i laugh at my own jokes sometimes..=) heart xd  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:48 pm
a ka thing about being a cybergoth is the clothes!  

Jellyrum

redtearsblackwings

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:08 am
Classy boyfriends! The only boyfriend I've ever had that was classy, is because he's goth XD

Corsets and falls!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:20 pm
Good excuse for my love of music that's just plain creepy, how freaking hilarious I find death, pain, suffering... all that good stuff, and my love of monsters and whatnot.
That and, though I myself don't really dress goth (or at least not at this point of time), the clothes are freakin' awesome.  

Sulphuric

xX Lord Despair Xx

5,100 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:45 pm
Here's some fun things to know about being a guy goth though:
1. You have an unnatural sensation to see things burn to the ground.

2. You start imagining your own "2012"(seems cliche, but that's what I think about)

3. You love to see conformists suffer.

4. Listening to new death metal becomes almost a routine habit.

5. You can look goth in almost any black outfit as long as you shun the society whom judges you.

6. When you think 666, you imagine instantly of a pentagram.

That's all I got. I realize I may be overshooting the "facts" a little, so I will leave it at that.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff