Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
SW Games Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tiderion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:14 pm
FrozenPhoenix32
it all depends on what type of mission your on...
precisely  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:36 am
Phrehaps if the Y-wing went to fast the bombs wouldnt hit there target so maybe thats why they are slow it was something i was thinking about for a while.  

NickCpointless

Tiderion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:09 pm
More like the thing is a mass heavy ship and we all know flight in space relies on properties of mass and propulsion. Hence why the E-wing is retarded.

A targetting system will easily make up for the bombing displacement due to forward velocity. Trust me when I say if world war two bombers could hit their mark with just a guy looking through a scope then a Y-wing has no excuse to miss. As for video games, people on the whole suck at video games so the learning curve is dampened so its easy to fulfill the requirements to win a game. This is why video games are not good indicators of anything. Unless you play Rebel Assault Two on maximum difficulty when flying the tie fighter through the canyon... one hit you're toast.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:10 am
In all the satr wars games they have missed one force power out the ability to throw objects at your oponiant you know like vador does or count doku id love to do that in a game i mean there makeing all these new force powers up and forgeting one of the main ones  

NickCpointless

jedi_master_tenku

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:26 pm
Part of the consideration that goes into the Force Powers is the practicality of them. While it is used in the movies and whatnot, it would be very hard to put into a game, because there'd have to be items around for you to throw at people. They'd have to do a lot more work as far as the surroundings and making them more interactive, and in some places, there just isn't anything to throw. It'd be so complicated to make it work in any situation, so that's probably why they don't have it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:55 am
jedi_master_tenku
Part of the consideration that goes into the Force Powers is the practicality of them. While it is used in the movies and whatnot, it would be very hard to put into a game, because there'd have to be items around for you to throw at people. They'd have to do a lot more work as far as the surroundings and making them more interactive, and in some places, there just isn't anything to throw. It'd be so complicated to make it work in any situation, so that's probably why they don't have it.
yes but look at half life 2 in that game allmost every object in the game interact in some way and not everything would have to be so just a few creates and such  

NickCpointless

jedi_master_tenku

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:07 pm
NickCpointless
jedi_master_tenku
yes but look at half life 2 in that game allmost every object in the game interact in some way and not everything would have to be so just a few creates and such

1. Never played half-life of any kind.
2. It's fine and dandy for some games, because their level of complexity overall is different. If you consider the amount of programming that goes into some of the Star Wars games, especially ones like the KOTOR series, they can't be expected to fit everything in. some ideas get sacrificed so other things can be added in. Right now, companies aren't budgeting the time or money to add everything in. But for anyone who has watched the progression of gaming in the last few years especially, it should be obvious that it's only a matter of time before they can do that. Video games have outsold movies in the past few years, and companies are taking notice. The technology they use is getting better all the time, and the gaming budgets will increase as it becomes even more profitable.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:07 pm
still, you'd expect at least one of them to have developed it already..  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

jedi_master_tenku

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:47 pm
True, but developing the code and being able to effectively utilize it as part of gameplay can be two very different things.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:52 pm
You still would expect to see betas in games by now. I mean, a crappy version means that its got something to improve upon, whereas no version means that there is nothing.

I'd rather have a little bit of something than a whole lot of nothing.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

jedi_master_tenku

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:03 pm
I don't know. I haven't played most Star Wars games out there, but the few I have played that involved Force powers, I don't see where they could have made it a power that would be useable all the time. Everything else depends on skill levels or having enough of a bar full to use something, but you'd have to always be in an environment with something to throw for that power to work.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:13 pm
The fact is nobody has PUT FORTH THEIR BEST EFFORT.

Some may have tried, but as yoda has stated:

"Do, or do not. There is no try." These guys clearly have DONE NOT!  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

NickCpointless

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:14 am
Well i suppose they could use the new Hl2 engine could also be used for future star wars games so maybe they will have a force power where you can throw things i guess we will just have to see

also i cant wait to play repulbic commando  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:02 am
Republic Commando...havent played it. Is it any good?  

FrozenPhoenix32

jedi_master_tenku

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:17 am
I didn't think it was out yet... But I forget the release date, so it might be... sweatdrop  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games