Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Legion of Helpers
DronzeRants... Shoot me again, I ain't dead yet. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 69 70 71 72 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Count it!
  +1 YES!
View Results

dronze
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:29 pm
It bugs me that people can go around and not understand how much more work it takes for these people with disabilities to do everyday tasks... their lack of compassion makes me sick.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:12 pm
Okay, so here we have someone who (claims) says they are mentally perfect, doing nothing but complain about the very idea of being helpful and compassionate to others. And we have this mysterious Person B who is the object of the complaining, who is doing nothing more offensive than working instead of sitting around feeling sorry for herself. Who really sounds like the person with problems here? And for the record, dronze, even with your slightly diminished motor skills, you're still more agile and graceful than me, where I have no pre-existing condition besides clumsiness. Oh, and gee..... you go out and do things instead of sitting around doing the "poor me party." Who's really the "handicapped" one here? I'd say the person whose mind is so narrow and shut they can't except that others may be different.  

Ravenlady13

Krusadin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:21 pm
Excactly.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:53 pm
that's disgusting...I hope karma hits her hard... damn it, people like that make me want to strangle them!  

Black Hale

Xnegum

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:43 pm
Yeah thats not right. At all.....
*smack in the face with a giant frozen pickle, I say...*  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:44 pm
User Image

for the record, The picture is out of place in the current discussion..
Sorry.... -_-'  

Xnegum

Krusadin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:07 pm
Cute.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:46 pm
A toast to everyone who has helped me get to where I am, and where I might end up if this rant phenomenon keeps going the way it's going...

Thank you to everybody who was a fan of my work before it became cool to be a fan, I couldn't have done it without you, and I wouldn't have done it this long without you.

It's been a good run so far, and I hope it continues to be just as good, if not better in rants to come!  

dronze
Vice Captain

Krusadin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:05 am
Kippis!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:50 am
*big hug for dronze* you're awesome, dronze, and that last rant was truly deserved.  

Ravenlady13

Black Hale

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:34 pm
Keep it up!! Looking forward to more rants!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:27 pm
YAY RANTS!! YAY DRONZE!!  

Alchemist of the Twilight

tilbear
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:35 pm
Wow. #7 was so hurtful and filled with "pity me becasue I can and she can't" it made me cry. I normally giggle or laugh out loud, but this one bothered me. I wish worked there........
Sorry, but I worked with Special Olympics for 5 years and never had more fun in my life! Helping kids (also adults) just walk around a track made me smile. But I learned so much from THEM, like being Greatful for what I have and can do. The way they look at life, not as if it is a burden, but a joy. And the way they would greet me and ask me all the same questions they have before, not because they don't know the answers, but to show me they know things about me.
Nancy knew I had 5 dogs and all of their names.
But Nancy always asked if I had a doggy or a kitty. All i had to do was smile at her and she would name all my dogs.

Help, show, try, listen...the lessons they can teach you are priceless.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:45 pm
Alrighty, another shameless plug for my quest thread, but the lottery is now open, with a really big prize package to boot.  

dronze
Vice Captain

dronze
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:52 pm
tilbear
Wow. #7 was so hurtful and filled with "pity me becasue I can and she can't" it made me cry. I normally giggle or laugh out loud, but this one bothered me. I wish worked there........
Sorry, but I worked with Special Olympics for 5 years and never had more fun in my life! Helping kids (also adults) just walk around a track made me smile. But I learned so much from THEM, like being Greatful for what I have and can do. The way they look at life, not as if it is a burden, but a joy. And the way they would greet me and ask me all the same questions they have before, not because they don't know the answers, but to show me they know things about me.
Nancy knew I had 5 dogs and all of their names.
But Nancy always asked if I had a doggy or a kitty. All i had to do was smile at her and she would name all my dogs.

Help, show, try, listen...the lessons they can teach you are priceless.

I hope you mean #8, because #7 was me taking a rather large bite out of a fresh-cut fillet of n00b.... #8 was the most recent one...  
Legion of Helpers

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 69 70 71 72 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games