Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply @Home
Some "Not So Well Known" Facts ~Spoilers~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Dill]

14,425 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:01 am
Speaking as someone who knows the people who made the wiki quite well, I'm not too sure that copying and pasting is such a great idea, especially when you could just link people to the wiki itself.

And in that case, state that the Perfect Guidebook indicates that he might not exist offline, but that people think yada yada yada.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:27 pm
The Ultimate Teddybear
If gg cant thread-necro-ism-ish-ness-stuff, does that mean i cant either?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. No, you can. Just as long as it's not a a topic that died a million years ago and should stay that way. XD

I'm just being mean to Greevur.

way to purgatory

Captain

Undead Deadeye

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:02 pm
Samsayia
[Dill]
Umm... I know it says that some people think Zelkova is Helba, but the Perfect Guidebook suggests he might also not exist offline. So, you might want to include that he's possibly an AI in there?

Also, why does a lot of this trivia seem like it's just copy and pasted from the wiki?

>;3 because that's the point of this thread is to be a wikia whore!! >;3333333

and some people are yet to discover such truths.

Actually it's rumored that Zelkova could be Helba's son. (she had a son?? o.o)

But the truth behind Zelkova is yet to be revealed, so it's possible he could be any or neither of the above.

Helba could be a roleplayer too. :0 Maybe her personality is different because of that.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:03 pm
[Dill]
Speaking as someone who knows the people who made the wiki quite well, I'm not too sure that copying and pasting is such a great idea, especially when you could just link people to the wiki itself.

And in that case, state that the Perfect Guidebook indicates that he might not exist offline, but that people think yada yada yada.

I think most information on Wiki is pretty reliable, I haven't seen any lies or mistakes yet. 3nodding  

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

[Dill]

14,425 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:39 am
XxGrieverxX
I think most information on Wiki is pretty reliable, I haven't seen any lies or mistakes yet. 3nodding

The guys who do most of the editing are really into series, so usually when the information's incorrect it's because some idiot new person decides they want to add some of their bullshit "unofficial or expert opinion" to the page.

Thankfully the wiki editors usually get to reverting the articles pretty quick.

I usually just go around and fix spelling mistakes myself. ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:52 pm
[Dill]
XxGrieverxX

The guys who do most of the editing are really into series, so usually when the information's incorrect it's because some idiot new person decides they want to add some of their bullshit "unofficial or expert opinion" to the page.

Thankfully the wiki editors usually get to reverting the articles pretty quick.

I usually just go around and fix spelling mistakes myself. ninja

I've never edited Wiki. :0  

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

The Slate Scholar
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:38 pm
YES~ I UPDATED THE FRONT SOMEWHAT.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:41 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. GASP.

SL8 POSTED.

way to purgatory

Captain

Undead Deadeye

User_2961583

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:51 am
Facts:

- Tenrawr was Tsukasa's Doctor when he was in the hospital in SIGN.

- Sora from the original games is Haseo in GU, hence why Skeith chose Haseo (Along with his love for senseless killing twisted )

- Ovan, Gabi, and Yata got to know each other during and before roots.

- The Azure Knights were created by Aura, and were not finished in time before her disappearance. This caused their "Zombie stiched look" and their in-ability to talk.

- GU stands for "Grow Up", as well as these other meanings (Shown in trailers and the prototype):

Graceless Unison
Geek's Utopia
Guilty Universe
Genesis of Ultima
Guardian Ubiquitos
Gateway to Utopia
Gathering of the Unwilling
Genetics of the Unknown
Genocide of the Unfaithful
Generation of Unity
Guide to an Uprising
Gate of Uroboros

- Piros and Natsume seemingly don't care that Azure Kite looks very similar to the kite you knew.

- Many players from the original games return in GU, like NOVA. (NPCs)

Controvery:

- Gabi IS a girl.

- Zelkova is NOT Helba, for the millionth, gajillionth, time. There are absolutely no facts supporting this theory. Helba's main reason for staying was Aura, and when she fled the coop, so did Helba. It's possible for there to be more than one hacker, people -.- I'm not saying Zenith isn't Helba, I'm saying there's a better chance of you growing wings overnight. My bet is on Zelkova being an AI, perhaps one Helba created?

This is all I can think of at the moment. More at 11, stay tuned.

XxGrieverxX

I dislike the Wikipedia because it's usually wrong until at least a few months after something .hack related comes out. For example, if you looked at RETURNER info the day it came out, it was a horrible mess. Apparently, Haseo is actually Balmung and Kite's PC fused or something. rolleyes People read this info, then come to us (read: dothackers and myself) and go "DUDE WTF". Then we have to correct them, which DOES get annoying after the first million times.

EDIT: It's pretty well known that Kulaguy and I don't get along (Because he's a jerk to new people, and I'm... not? biggrin ), but that doesn't affect my opinion on the Wiki. It's a wonderful resource, just not for a bit after something comes out.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:31 am
ZeroTheBurninator

XxGrieverxX

I dislike the Wikipedia because it's usually wrong until at least a few months after something .hack related comes out. For example, if you looked at RETURNER info the day it came out, it was a horrible mess. Apparently, Haseo is actually Balmung and Kite's PC fused or something. rolleyes People read this info, then come to us (read: dothackers and myself) and go "DUDE WTF". Then we have to correct them, which DOES get annoying after the first million times.

EDIT: It's pretty well known that Kulaguy and I don't get along (Because he's a jerk to new people, and I'm... not? biggrin ), but that doesn't affect my opinion on the Wiki. It's a wonderful resource, just not for a bit after something comes out.

I didn't know it was like that. :0 I haven't looked at that yet.  

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

[Dill]

14,425 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:54 am
ZeroTheBurninator
Facts:

- Tenrawr was Tsukasa's Doctor when he was in the hospital in SIGN. Sirius is only 26 during G.U.! This would make him only 19 when Tsukasa went comatose.

- Sora from the original games is Haseo in GU, hence why Skeith chose Haseo (Along with his love for senseless killing twisted )

- The Azure Knights were created by Aura, and were not finished in time before her disappearance. This caused their "Zombie stiched look" and their in-ability to talk.

- GU stands for "Grow Up", as well as these other meanings (Shown in trailers and the prototype):

Graceless Unison
Geek's Utopia
Guilty Universe
Genesis of Ultima
Guardian Ubiquitos
Gateway to Utopia
Genetics of the Unknown
Generation of Unity
Guide to an Uprising
Gate of Uroboros

- Piros and Natsume seemingly don't care that Azure Kite looks very similar to the kite you knew.

Controvery:

- Gabi IS a girl. WRONG! Gabi is a 68 year old man!

- Zelkova is NOT Helba, for the millionth, gajillionth, time. There are absolutely no facts supporting this theory. Helba's main reason for staying was Aura, and when she fled the coop, so did Helba. It's possible for there to be more than one hacker, people -.- I'm not saying Zenith isn't Helba, I'm saying there's a better chance of you growing wings overnight. My bet is on Zelkova being an AI, perhaps one Helba created?

XxGrieverxX

Holy s**t, it's you. The Kima replacement! Sure, Kula's a jerk, but at least he's good enough to have his information correct half the time. And he's not nearly as bad as d5t. If I had to pick one douche over the other, I'd go with Kula. At least he has some respect for his members. And he's not a jerk to new people, he just doesn't handle bullshit. I don't blame him.

And there's my slice of the fandom.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:09 am
[Dill]
ZeroTheBurninator
Facts:

- Tenrawr was Tsukasa's Doctor when he was in the hospital in SIGN. Sirius is only 26 during G.U.! This would make him only 19 when Tsukasa went comatose.

Graceless Unison
Geek's Utopia
Guilty Universe
Genesis of Ultima
Guardian Ubiquitos
Gateway to Utopia
Genetics of the Unknown
Generation of Unity
Guide to an Uprising
Gate of Uroboros

Controvery:

- Gabi IS a girl. WRONG! Gabi is a 68 year old man!

XxGrieverxX

Holy s**t, it's you. The Kima replacement! Sure, Kula's a jerk, but at least he's good enough to have his information correct half the time. And he's not nearly as bad as d5t. If I had to pick one douche over the other, I'd go with Kula. At least he has some respect for his members. And he's not a jerk to new people, he just doesn't handle bullshit. I don't blame him.

And there's my slice of the fandom.

Hey thar, this is ShinoBee, notorious for the great INSTABAN over the dirtiest fanfic posted on dothackers, and also the starter of Indoucest.

Anyhoo, I didn't give a s**t about Kula. He was alright.

It's the babypedos (Zer0's starting to get off the list) and d5t that bugs the hell outta me.

I wish Kouen wasn't a jerk. GODDAMNIT. d5t is...BLEH. He's the one who banned me, and Akuta, well, he's a fugly *****. There's a few other members that piss the hell out of me, but I won't get there.

Also:

-Weakening scrolls don't work on Ovan. D: I accidentally used "The Hanged Man" and it didn't work.

Theory:
-Aina was born the same year Pluto's Kiss occurred (2017-12=2005). Connection with illness? Maybe.  

Shino Beats Up Ovan

[Dill]

14,425 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:59 pm
ShinoBee? Like, the same one from Kyat? Sup, this is Naout.

I remember your rapefic. Much lulz.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:20 pm
[Dill]

Hey Naout. 8D This is Kyat's Shinobee*RAPED OVAN* lol. You remember the Zero incident, right?

My rapefic was epic. One of the bestest fics out thar. Moar canon than the others.  

Shino Beats Up Ovan

[Dill]

14,425 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:16 pm
Shino Beats Up Ovan
[Dill]

Hey Naout. 8D This is Kyat's Shinobee*RAPED OVAN* lol. You remember the Zero incident, right?

My rapefic was epic. One of the bestest fics out thar. Moar canon than the others.

Mayhaps. I don't remember a lot from Kyat, mostly because I haven't been on in forever.  
@Home

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff