Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Slytherin Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:32 pm

Raymond Ara Yuko
First Year Slytherin
Pureblood

User Image User Image
                                                  Location : Great Hall - Slytherin Table

Raymond ate his meal relatively in peace before Jesse a prefect for Slytherin house addressed them. Looking towards the brunette he listened to him say he’d be taking them to the common room. Ray began to wonder where that was. His mother never told him about it then again he never asked. Getting up he followed Jesse out of the great hall. He imagined his stuff would already be there when he got to the room he just needed to get there. Staying close Ray hoped it wasn’t too far. Then again this was a castle so it probably would be.

(Exit to Dungeon Staircase)

Status: Happy, the hat got it right. Unfazed...
                                                  With: Fellow housemates... First Years, Jesse

Wearing: Slytherin Uniform

OOC: ---

Hrm, rather intelligent, I see...
                                                  Not to mention you seem to have a tendency to think of yourself first...
                                                  I do believe this house is the perfect fit for you...
                                                  Slytherin!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:48 pm

User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Sıиgłe
                                                          Looking Modest at the Slytherin Table with The Hastings
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Nervous
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ This shouldn't be too terribly awkward, right? ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

síck σf αll thєsє pєσplє t α l k í n g , síck σf αll thís n σ í s є ◊ ◊ ◊xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          tírєd σf αll thєsє cαmєrαs f l α s h í n g , síck σf в є í n g p σ í s є d ◊ ◊ ◊xxxxxxxxx
                                                          tírєd σf αll thєsє cαmєrαs f l α s h í n g , síck σf в є í n g p σ í s є d ◊ ◊ ◊xxxxxx
                                                          tírєd σf αll thєsє cαmєrαs f l α s h í n g , síck σf в є í n g p σ í s є d ◊ ◊ ◊xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceLori shrugged at Tristan, not really sure what to say to that. "I fear at that point that they may have followed me, and then you both would've been subject to them as well," she said after a long pause. His comment on curiosity made her smile faintly, though, eyes a bit playful. "Hm, trust me, I believe you'll notice. No one's unobservant enough to miss it." She felt sort of bad, basically giving Trist free reign to check Gia for the source of her fight with Carver, but she wasn't lying when she said it was obvious. The loyalty comment did make her feel slightly better about everything, if only because it meant that he recognized it in her. Hopefully it meant they were on good terms, and he wasn't simply being polite. Then again, she had to wonder if he was even capable fo faking politeness with someone he disliked.

spaceAs always, the mention of the foolish escapade out to the forest had her rolling her eyes at him, and at everyone else who'd been stupid enough to attempt it. She had to wonder if her classmates had any sense in their heads. "I still don't understand why you were even out there," she muttered. She didn't know what any of them had been doing, but particularly him, given that he hadn't actually been with the others. Still, she didn't want to press further; she wasn't his mother, it wasn't like it was her job to scold him for poor behavior. It could be argued that she was just as foolish, though she'd happily point out that any risks she took were merely the risk of punishment if caught, not death via whatever lurked in the forest. She dropped it, though, and considered his question on her own. "More of the same. Seeing far more of Lindsay than I care to, though at least I did manage to escape to my half-brothers for a couple of weeks. It's not particularly interesting, but at least it's a couple weeks of not studying," she said with a faint roll of her eyes.

spaceThe Slytherin frowned when Gia joined them, wondering where on Earth Carver had gotten off to. Were they so mad at each other they wouldn't even sit together? She hadn't meant to exacerbate the situation that much... Ah, well. Gia wouldn't hold a grudge for too long... she didn't think. Before she could comment, though, they were joined by Trist and Savannah's cousin. Lori offered a polite smile to the boy. "Lori Townsend," she introduced herself, smirking at the first year's comment on Tristan's face. "Hm, I don't find that too terribly hard to believe," she replied with a snicker. Soon enough, the sorting was over, and the headmaster had given his speech. Lori tapped Gia on the shoulder lightly. "Gia. Food," she said, then gestured towards the Italian with her head. "This is Gia Donati, Ralph," she said, not sure if her friend would even notice the boy, let alone bother to say hello to him. She then began making her own plate, more than ready to eat and make her way to bed. The train always made her sleepy.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx◊ ◊ ◊ í'm hєαdєd strαíght fσr thє c α s t l є , thєч wαnnα mαkє mє thєír q u є є n
                                                          xxxxxx◊ ◊ ◊ αnd thєrє's αn σld mαn síttíng σn thє thrσnє thαt's sαчíng thαt í prσвαвlч shσuldn't вє sσ mєαn
                                                          xxxxxxxxx◊ ◊ ◊ í'm hєαdєd strαíght fσr thє c α s t l є , thєч'vє gσt thє kíngdσm l σ c k є d u p
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx◊ ◊ ◊ αnd thєrє's αn σld mαn síttíng σn thє thrσnє thαt's sαчíng í shσuld prσвαвlч kєєp mч prєttч mσuth shut

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Essy ze Ninja

Yukina101

Vampire Toy

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:20 pm

User Image
User Image User Image

Tristan scoffed immediately, a p***k on his lips hid the shadow of a smirk that he concealed with a head turn away as if to watch the end of the sorting. ”These are Hastings' you're talking too, remember?” he said with amusement twinkling in those eyes that veered around to face her now with a whimsical tune in his voice, ”We're pros at making people so uncomfortable that they bloody well shut up, or just leave.” Flashing a wolfish grin, Tristan shrugged his shoulders as he shamelessly contemplated all of the possibilities. Had Gia grown a unibrow? Maybe a bionic arm to work on magic? Hell, anything technological on magic would be bloody wicked—but certainly not worth bickering over. So what then? A pimple? He was hiding one of his own, lucky enough it was hidden under his bangs but bugger, it itched.

This time it was a snort, and a derisive one at that, exaggerated by the drastic roll of his eyes which he buried behind his hand while rough fingers massaged each temple. ”I was there first,” Tristan argued, as if that had made any difference, then glanced at his sister expecting some sort of reprimand to echo Lori's, but realized she was too busy staring at the Ravenclaw's with her wand extended under the table between them. He should've been more concerned, to be honest, what if she were hexing someone? Actually—that didn't sound so bad—did it? ”I heard the rumors, same as you, just didn't think they'd actually do it. And if they did, pfft, I didn't think I'd actually join them.” In hindsight, that was the worst decision he could have made. He would've gotten away with it, if it hadn't been for them. But he couldn't just leave them there, could he? His nose wrinkled like something foul had just assaulted his senses. ”And what does he want now? After all this time?” The scrutiny wrinkled his brows throughout his questioning, but he couldn't help it. Lindsay hadn't shown much interest in her in previous years, as far as she's let on, anyway. When Gia appeared, it was like a magnet. No other words would do it justice. Curious baby blues fluttered to the sudden depth of shadows beneath Gia's tie just before she huddled down on the table to rest, effectively hiding those odd sources of magnetic—Tristan cut himself off with a cough and swerved a hard stare on Lorelei. Dammit, a warning would've been appreciated! ”Err, eh, hey... Gia...”

”Effy, am I dreaming?” Only squealing in response as she wrapped her arms around him tight; while for that moment, she had completely forgotten about the enchanted owl penned and folded during the train ride while vaguely traipsing around her cousin's questions, keeping it safe until, finally, Effy had set it free in the Great Hall and into Liam's plate. ”Oh yeah,” she mouthed quietly, just as Ralph began to introduce himself to Tristan's friends, which garnered a growl from the third year and an offensive poke at Ralph in the ribs as he quipped back. ”My face was not—I was an adorable baby—you were like a funny little shaped peanut.” Chills prickled on Effy's arms as a gravitational pull possessed her line of sight and soared amongst the eagles. There. It was sharp and short, barely a nod and more like a jerk, but it was all she needed. A slow smile drew on her lips until it was disrupted by the hungry pleas of her cousin.

”We'll feed that dragon belly of yours soon, look, the Headmaster's about to make his speech,” she said, pointing out the dark haired man as he reached the podium. Suddenly, a thousand different smells filled the hall along with the clatter of silverware scratching against platters and plates. Savannah began with a petite salad and spotted the pile of boned meats on Tristan's plate; drum sticks and ribs. Leaning close to Ralph, she whispered quietly, ”That's Liam, by the way,” then pointed between the heads of serpents and eagles alike toward a lean and solitary figure at the table. ”Remember?” she said, as if she hadn't mentioned him a hundred times before, ”the closed inner eye,” she mused, ever reminiscent of his interest in her tarot cards and the blind sight she claims to see in him like cataracts. Whether it was all in her head was neither here nor there because at least if anyone believes her, it's Ralph, and that made it truth enough.

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷
LOCATION:: Slytherin Table】 【ATTIRE:: house robes】 【HOUSE:: Slytherin, Third Year 】 【STATS:: Thirteen, 5'1", 112lbs
LOCATION:: Slytherin Table 】 【ATTIRE:: house robes, jewelry】 【HOUSE:: Slytherin, Second Year 】 【STATS:: Twelve, 5'3", 101lbs

Cara MiaKitty
Vampire Toy
Yukina101
Porcelaine Ivory
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:50 pm

User Image
User Image

User Image Location: Great Hall - Slytherin Table

When Grace and her received a letter from their older sister Leonette they were surprised. Sure they talked all the time but there was never a letter addressed to the both of them. When they sat down to read it both their hearts sank. David's father had died, they didn't know if it was of nature causes or something else. Both girls knew what something else meant... Neither spoke after that as there were no words that could be said.

Since getting the letter, Mira wanted to talk to Cathy and see how she was doing. Despite not liking the Hufflepuff's personality and actions on the field she did care. They were family now as she kept reminding her when they were on the pitch together. Sadly Mira had yet to find Cathy until she walked into the great hall. Spotting her worse for wear she felt bad but noticed that she had a friend with her. The Slytherin stood around at the entrance not sure what to do before realizing she probably looked foolish. So instead of standing around Mira walked over to the Slytherin table and just looked over at Cathy and Danica.

Sitting there at this point Mira didn't even feel like eating. So she just watched the Hufflepuff and her friend. Honestly she couldn't help thinking about it. Leonette had explained the details to them in the letter and Mira could tell Leo didn't think it was a natural death. The more Mira thought on it the more she wondered if it were something else. Shaking her head of the thought it wasn't her place to think of such things. Besides she could prove anything happened anyways, she hadn't been there, and she didn't know the situation well enough.

Giving a light sigh it got the sixth year thinking about her own father. What would she do without him? Sure he was never home on a good day but that didn't mean she didn't love him all the same. Wishing things could have been different she suspected her sister was taking it hard. Sinclair was her father in-law after all and being pregnant made girls emotional (so she was told).

User Image

With: No one

Wearing: Black and White

OOC: Open for interaction...

Spice the Rat

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
I would be careful, young one,
But, I know where you belong...
Slytherin!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:30 pm

User Image
ωєη∂у мα∂єℓιηє ςнαιѕту
<6th Year>

Wendy had come up to the dinning hall for breakfast like any other morning when she spotted a sight she had never thought to see before. Cathaline League looked awful. Not in the sort of good just rolled out of bed and didn't bother with make-up way, but in the had a night from Hell and had your heart ripped out sort of way. Wendy's face changed to a scowl as she found her friend Mira sitting at the table alone looking at the same sight. Wendy took a seat next to Mira having a bad feeling about the matter. She remembered the will she saw that summer on the funny paper and bizarrely exact lettering. Not saying anything for a full minute she picked up a cup of coffee and then asked nodding towards Cathy, "Do you know what's wrong with her? I didn't even know she was capable of anything but smiling... I mean even when Cara died..." Wendy frowned as she studied the Hufflepuff, "It's not as if she was happy or grinning but she didn't exactly let herself go."

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time: November 2031
Dressed: Simply

{OoC: }
murruelecreuset

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:08 pm

User Image
User Image

Mira was deep in thought just staring at the sight of Cathy. She hardly realized people coming and going out of the great hall. It wasn't until Wendy came in and sat down beside her that she snapped back to reality. Taking a moment to get out of her own head, Mira looked over at her friend. "Uh... yeah I have a pretty good guess." She answered focusing her attention on her friend. "I've never seen her like this either but I got a letter from Leonette. Apparently Sinclair League was found dead at his home while Leah was with David and her. They don't know if it was of natural causes or not but from what Leo told him... two of the cats were found dead as well." She explained her expression bleak as she finally picking her cup and taking a sip of its content. "I don't know what to think... Their mother's death and now this..." Mira said quietly her gaze falling back on Cathy for a moment.

User Image

With: Wendy

Spice the Rat

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
Slytherin!

mc2

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:35 pm

User Image
ωєη∂у мα∂єℓιηє ςнαιѕту
<6th Year>

Wendy raised a brow a bit surprised but a bit smug that she had in fact made the correct prediction of Mira knowing something. It was why she had sought out to befriend Mira specifically at first. She had wanted to keep tabs on her cousins, or more specifically David and since Mira's sister was dating David... it was only natural. Over a short time she had made a true friendship with Mira. It might not be as close of a friendship as many best friends were but Mira was the closest and truest friend Wendy had.

However, when the revelation of the death of Sinclair League was revealed, Wendy's eyes widened for a moment, not exactly in surprise and not quite horror, but a dawning of a horrific conclusion as she whispered aloud, "They actually went through with it..."

She glanced back to Cathy who raised her voice for a moment at the Hufflepuff table. Mira was right this was wrong. Wendy might not necessarily care much about the squib but it seemed wrong to orphan the three like this. It was pure selfishness and greed. And what would happen if they got away with this? Give someone an inch they go a mile. Wendy's best friend after all was dating a halfblood who's mother married into a family of known blood traitors. The thing with blood is once you took a sip of it you were forever addicted.

Even if she could never without a shadow of doubt prove what she knew to be true (who killed Sinclair League and why) she knew something that could get rid of them no doubt till the end of the old bats' days. Every family had secrets and the Averys had many. In the basement Wendy could think of at least three different things at that very moment that would earn someone a good fifteen years in Azkaban a piece. It would be an absolute betrayal of the Averys and they had taken her in but she had played her hand as a pawn for years and what was she to get for everything she did and her loyalty? She'd just be shipped off to the crumbling Lillantine Manor to live as the lady of the house. She cared for Evander and being the lady of a family was a great honor but she had earned that. She had won over Evander not them. She was almost seventeen but until she married Evander she'd never be free of the Averys and even then their withered hands would be sunk into her life. No the future was for the young like her not their ambitions and inability to accept their fate and just die already.

Wendy stared at Cathy and asked to her friend, "If you had to chose between loyalty with honor or selfishness mixed with justice what would you chose?"

murruelecreuset

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:33 pm

User Image
User Image

Mira barely caught Wendy’s whispered words. However she had caught them. Suddenly she looked over at her redheaded friend with questioning eyes. They weren’t directed at her but rather at what she had meant by her words. “Who’s they… who went…” She questioned only being cut off by Cathy who raised her voice loud enough for everyone in the great hall to hear. Mira couldn’t help but look back over at the Hufflepuff once again. As it seemed everyone who knew thought the same thing, something wasn’t right about Sinclair’s death. Something told Mira, Wendy knew exactly what that was. However she’d never force the answer from her best friend.

What came next, Mira wasn’t expecting.
"If you had to chose between loyalty with honor or selfishness mixed with justice what would you chose?" Wendy had just asked one of the most difficult questions a person could ask. Instead of jumping the gun and picking on instinct, Mira decided to think about the possibly meaning. “Well… it depends on the situation.” The blonde started without knowing anything about the context of it. “If being loyal means that someone will get away with something terrible, then perhaps they aren’t someone you should be loyal too. Perhaps then it’s more a question on who you give your loyalty.” Mira suggested looking back over at Wendy as she did so.

Thinking about what Cathy had spoken up about Mira thought for a moment before asking a question of her own.
“Wendy does your question have anything to do with what happened?” She asked. If it was perhaps she could help a little better. At least put herself into the scenario Wendy was in.

User Image

Spice the Rat

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
Slytherin!

mc2

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:05 pm

User Image
ωєη∂у мα∂єℓιηє ςнαιѕту
<6th Year>

Wendy had never been happier about Cathaline's dramatics than the moment she burst into some monologue to her half-blood Gryffindor friend, Danica, the head girl. That monologue happened to interrupt the line of questioning Mira had started with. She had already asked the question she debated and looked to her friend who answered cautiously. What was terrible was a debatable fact and just because someone was terrible in one instance didn't mean they always were terrible. And then there was the grand question on who she truly gave her loyalty to. Did she give her loyalty wholly and truly to anyone? Slytherins were loyal but they weren't stupid.

She narrowed her eyes at Mira as she asked the question of whether her question had anything to do with the matter at hand. "Does it matter?" She said finally with a sigh and a nonchalant wave of her hand. "Besides even if it did it isn't like a murderer is going to leave any true hard evidence for some sixteen year old girl to find." Wendy doubted the will was where she last saw it and at best that would be suspicious but nothing by far to secure any conviction. However, Wendy trusted that the Averys very much had something to do with their son-in-law's death and wouldn't be surprised if her father was the one who actually acted. It was too convenient for them to have worked to let the man out of Azkaban. But no conviction would ever stick with the information she had and if a proper search was conducted of the manor the Averys would have other things than just a possible murder charge (which they likely would beat) to concern themselves with.

Wendy folded her hands together and looked away towards the Hufflepuff table, lost some in thought as she said, "Just consider it a hypothetical for argument's sake, Mira. There are plenty of reasons to be loyal to someone, perfectly valid, and you should know yourself just because someone is terrible in one instance doesn't mean they can't earn loyalty in another case. Plenty of people have done both greatly terrible and greatly good things."

murruelecreuset

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:03 pm

User Image
User Image

Mira shook her head as she ignored Wendy’s narrowing eyes. “No I suppose it doesn’t.” She replied before hearing her say a murderer would leave evidence for a sixteen year old girl to find. “Maybe not,” she said all the while thinking about it more. Maybe a murderer wouldn’t be that obvious, however there was still the chance that she knew something she wasn’t telling her. When Wendy said it was hypothetical for argument’s sake she decided to go along with it. When she mentioned how someone could do terrible and good things Mira knew that. She wasn’t about to say that if a friend of hers killed someone she’d turn them in. Honestly she wouldn’t know what to do if that was the case. However, she couldn’t just leave it like that.

After a moment of thought Mira decided to give her friend a piece of advice.
“Okay Wendy, for argument’s sake it’s hypothetical and you do have a point. I should know that but there’s also a difference between having an attitude problem killing someone.” She told her before adding. “But the truth is, if I did know someone who had committed murder and I was loyal to them. I’d find it hard to betray that trust. However if I knew say the side it affected, I’d consider whether it was deserved and whether or not the one who did it deserves to get away with it.”

Pausing for a moment Mira glanced back over to Cathy before looking back at Wendy. “Not that I'm trying to accuse anyone here but if it is relevant to what happened… Then I’m telling you as a friend, that I know you wouldn’t be asking me if you didn’t think you could do anything about it. Knowing that, I’d say that for you it’s a matter of being loyal to those that raised you or turning them in for a crime that killed one person and orphaned three.” She commented just loud enough for only Wendy to hear. “If that were the case, then I’d say it's a rather tough decision.” Mira told her before adding. “Now I can’t tell you want to do Wendy, but what I can tell you is this… the right decision is not always the easiest one to make.”

User Image

OOC: Mira's words of wisdom, don't shoot the messenger

Spice the Rat

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
Slytherin!

mc2

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:27 pm

User Image
ωєη∂у мα∂єℓιηє ςнαιѕту
<6th Year>

"And what if I don't particularly care for the side that is affected?" Wendy asked of Mira. It was true, Wendy never particularly liked the squib and Cathy was obnoxious at best. Even Mira who had somehow gotten to befriending the Ryans abomination. Though, Wendy had to admit at this point she was mostly neutral about the Ryans kid. She didn't care as much as when she was younger that his mother was a blood traitor and there was something to be slightly admirable of the very Slytherin ambition and business sense the brat had. Also the Ryans brat kept good and far from her.

She sighed as Mira clued into on the situation and ended with that the right decision was not always the easiest to make. Of course she would feel that it was right to turn in a murderer or those who would arrange for a murderer, but... "I don't have anything more than suspicion," Wendy explained. She frowned, "It isn't as if there isn't other reasons I could... but I don't really care about that. I don't care about this either... or I shouldn't. I never even liked the squib from what I ever saw of him. And David is good and grown and Cathy is obnoxious and Leah... she has her siblings still. That's more than I ever had and I turned out fine." Fine might have been arguable to some people though, but she felt things were well enough for her in most ways.

Wendy bit her lip as she looked over to Cathy as she considered the best option. She could contact David with her suspicion but it would make things more complicated. Though, if she came forward with the evidence of what was in the basement... all those items of dark magic and bad origins... and a raid was conducted on that accusation... the Averys would still get punished. They might not get punished for the crime they most recently did but still. She stood and only hoped that those who were merely under the head's control but never did anything awful like Robert Avery the second was not caught up with it. "I... I'm going to go send an owl," She said her eyes narrowed at Cathy as she set her resolution to act.

murruelecreuset

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:42 pm

User ImageUser Image

”My face was not—I was an adorable baby—you were like a funny little shaped peanut.” Ralph's face scrunched in disgust. There was nothing more offensive to the first year than the thought that he, himself, had looked like a shriveled, nasty peanut.

His fork waved wildly in the air at the insult, "Take that back, Tristan, or prepare to eat your words!"

Luckily for Tristan, Effy intervened, wrapping her arms around him like an octopus, ”We'll feed that dragon belly of yours soon," she pulled him into her and held him there. No matter how hard he struggled, his cousin's grip was no match for him. He was forced to succumb to the snuggles.

Not only was he the youngest of the Hastings, but he was the smallest, too. Ralph was sheepish to recall all the times that he and Tristan fought because it usually ended with Tristan picking Ralph up as simply as he would a doll or a puppy, and set him down somewhere else comical, such as the outdoor shed roof, or - if Tristan was in an especially foul mood - on top of the house. And, because he didn't have a broom of his own yet or even know how to fly, Ralph was often left there until he submitted to his older cousin's demands or until Effy came to save him. There were no hard feelings, of course, because it always ended up like a game for all of them.

Effy suddenly pointed towards the front of the room, "Look, the Headmaster's about to make his speech.” A man stood from the Staff Table and towered over his colleagues. Ralph watched as he approached the podium.

The Headmaster was clothed in a long, brown coat and his hair was the color of a brown bear, and just as grizzly, too. There was enough stubble on his cheeks and chin that his face looked truly ominous in the flickering candlelight of candles surrounding him and the podium he stood at. Yet, in his eyes, Ralph wondered if he caught sight of something there, like sadness or grief. He wasn't sure what it was, but it made him slip into uncomfortable silence.

The crowd grew quiet as well and the Headmaster addressed the students, "Hello everyone, and welcome back for a new school year. For those that are just now beginning their education at Hogwarts, I would like to extend a welcome and hope they are diligent in their studies," the students around him clapped, so Ralph followed along, "Sadly, as all the older students will tell the younger, I must make the usual school announcements. There is to be no magic used in between classes in the halls, and as anyone in the school will tell you, the name Forbidden Forest is not a misnomer, and instead should tell you that there are things in there that will not hesitate to have students for snacks. The other school rules are posted for people to peruse at their leisure, but considering these are the most frequent violations, I must bring them up here."

The first year didn't understand that last part. Those were the rules that everyone decided to break? Those? Ralph was certain that his schoolmates had to be mad. Mad? They had to be mental! Ralph shuddered until he shook the whole bench. The Forbidden Forest sounded like the worst place in the world, and it was one of those topics that Tristan loved to talk to Ralph about. He had no idea way, but just like being a beater, Tristan could tell you just about everything you wanted to know about the Forbidden Forest.

And Ralph hated it. The thought that there were creatures out there big enough to eat him was enough to make him throw his hands up in the air and admit that there was no way - none - that he would be caught dead or alive in that forest. Besides, there were countless stories of witches and wizards getting lost in there, or kidnapped by beings and monsters, or even worse!

"Now, let us sit back, tuck in, and enjoy the feast before the evening ends." The final words of the Headmaster signaled the beginning of the feast, and helped pull Ralph from his somber thoughts.

His face lit up as he eyed all the delectable treats in front of him. Hogwarts really knew how to spoil their students! Looking down the table, Ralph could see that the array was endless: there were fried sausages, roast beef, all sorts of different casseroles with innards that Ralph could only dream of, peas and carrots, vegetables of all different colors, potatoes in every form you could ever want them (mashed? Baked? Put in a stew?!) and - for dessert - puddings and cakes and strawberries and even doughnuts! The spread went on and on, and Ralph was finding more dishes every time he looked around.

Mouth watering and eyes sparkling with delight, Ralph didn't know where to start. His goblet was filled with pumpkin juice which he slurped up eagerly. To his delight, it refilled itself.

He began to pile up the food, grasping at sausages, mashed potatoes, and some salad (after, of course, seeing that a salad was what Effy was getting). Tristan was filling up on animal flesh, which was no surprise to anyone.

”That's Liam, by the way,” Ralph looked up, his mouth full of lettuce, "Remember? The closed inner eye," Effy was pointing towards some place, but she had already withdrawn her hand so that Ralph wasn't sure where, exactly, she had been pointing. He recalled from Savannah's stories that Liam was a Ravenclaw, so he began his search there, chocolate eyes searching the table of blue and bronze.

Ralph squinted his eyes, as if it would help, and scanned the faces of everyone at the other house's table, "Where?" He looked around wildly, eyes swimming with excitement. Effy had told Ralph about this Liam, guy, but now would be the first time he'd get to actually see him. The thought was exciting; it wasn't often that Ralph got to meet the people that his cousins would tell him all about.

His search ended when one of the Ravenclaws glanced over his shoulder. That must be Liam, Ralph concluded as the Ravenclaw searched the ranks of Slytherins. This boy had dark hair and a thin face that ended with a pointed chin, with thick, bushy eyebrows and beady eyes. A smile was on his face as he went down the line of the table, and Ralph couldn't tell if he liked this student or not. Liam and his cousin locked eyes and Ralph felt the color from his face drop as he looked between them both. What was going on?

Looking back towards the Ravenclaw table, Ralph noticed the boy had something in his hand. Had Effy sent him something while Ralph wasn't looking? The first year couldn't see well with everyone being taller than him.

Ralph scrambled to stand on the bench to get a better look. At that moment, a Slytherin prefect (he definitely knew what those were, thanks to his older cousins!) also stood and was making his way down the table, announcing with a gruff voice, "Okay, first years, listen up! I'm Jesse Calvert, and I'm one of the prefects for Slytherin house. As such, I'm going to be showing you to your dorms. C'mon, let's get going and you'll finally have a chance to see the dungeons of the castle."

Seeing the dungeons and the common room sounded exciting to Ralph, since he hadn't seen it yet. Again, stories were all he knew. The first year looked around at the others who began to stand. He recognized some of them from when they were on the boats earlier, but Ralph hadn't been in the boat with any of these first years, though.

He looked down at Effy for guidance. Or for permission. Ralph wasn't quite sure yet... but he wanted to know what he should do.

"Go on! We'll see you later," Effy gave him an encouraging smile and a gentle push towards the prefect. Tristan was working on another plate of roast beef, too occupied with his current friend to even bother with what Effy or Ralph were up to. Ralph wondered if Lorelei and Tristan were going out, but by the way that Tristan was devouring the meat off his plate, Ralph was going to guess not.

But the food! Ralph's stomach whined. The first year looked around him longingly at all the treats that he would be leaving behind before stuffing a baked potato and a pumpkin cake into his pockets and kissing Effy on the cheek, "Alright then. Bye Effy!" The first year was running after his group, his new robes billowing behind him as he caught up to the prefect and the tour of the castle.

He would need to talk to Effy about this Liam, guy, tonight or perhaps tomorrow. Ralph didn't know why, but something made him uneasy about Liam. Still, as he snacked on his potato in the back of the group, Ralph thought about how they had looked at each other. He'd never seen Effy look like that before. It made Ralph uncomfortable even more.

Essy ze Ninja
Tristan and Savannah Hastings

Cara MiaKitty
Lorelei Townsend

Porcelaine Ivory
Liam Alexander Cade

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:21 am

User Image

Sata Snow
Slytherin~~~Fourth Year~~~Single~~~PureBlood

We are who we are ~ Fecking hells, where is she?
Even if we are not who we want ~ Other Students
Or where we want ~ Great Hall

Sata entered the Great hall. One lovely Sunday, kind of early. Since it was just after breakfast. His blue eyes searching for a semi familiar brunette. She had caught him in the middle of a prank, and ever since, the Young Snow child had been thinking about her. It wasn't really... In a want to know her way. But the fact she had snuck up on him the year before, had him very curious. And for a Slytherin, she also seemed fairly innocent. He had to know why. And how else, then pit her against his own Wizarding Chess prowess. OR at least, that was the plan. If he could bloody fecking find her. He had checked the commons, had an older girl check for her in the dorms... Hell he even checked outside. So this was the last place he could think of. Here in the midst of all the other people who couldn't be made to go anywhere else. Plus, he really really wanted to know whether she had heard that scream of the older girl last year. It had been fairly musical.

mc2
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:32 am

User Image
xSera Maybelle Averyxxxxx
xxxx<3rd Year>

Time: 2031-2032
Dressed: in clothes
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Sera had always been a fairly early riser and strongly believe by awaking early she would always have one up against those around her regardless of whether they were friend or foe. She had been eating a late brunch having spent most of the morning in the library studying. Still engrossed in her latest history of magic readings (far ahead of where was necessary) she had brought her book with her to the meal. So taken by her book she barely noticed whether it was eggs or bacon or pancake she ate let alone a certain mischievous fourth year Slytherin. In all honesty after having caught the upperclassmen in mid prank which she had left him to, she had put him from her mind. As long as he wasn't trying petty attacks against her what should she care?

shabatha

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:38 pm

User Image

Sata Snow
Slytherin~~~Fourth Year~~~Single~~~PureBlood

We are who we are ~ Fecking hells, where is she?
Even if we are not who we want ~ Other Students
Or where we want ~ Great Hall

Sata found the younger girl reading a book and eating what must have been either a late breakfast or brunch. He smirked, she didn't seem to see the world at all. At least. Not through that book. Whether text book or not. He walked over, the chess board in his hand and the pieces in the other. He stood there for all of two minutes. Wondering if she would look up or not. When she didn't, he plopped the board onto the table, a bit loud and sat down. "Sera right? The one no one will play because she can't be beaten? Well.' He asked, and he knew he was right. He had practically made sure of it before he had even grabbed the board. "I would like to challenge you to a game." He said after a moment.

mc2
Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games