Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Guild
- Shinobi Hideout - the Chat and Off Topic zone! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 ... 1486 1487 1488 1489 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Neekroo

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 1:16 pm
The_Last_PlainsWalker
I feel like being random:

Little known fact~Water does not conduct electricty (well)

if you want the explination why this is true, just ask.

o.O?  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 2:01 pm
Neko Kafweenu
The_Last_PlainsWalker

o.O?
*takes a big breath* You see the water itself doesn't conduct electricity. You see H2O is made of two non-metals and therefore is a covalent bond, and covalent bonds don't conduct electricty very well if at all. (Things like sand are exceptions because it has a metaloid in it). What makes water conduct eletricity is all the stuff in it besides the actual water. like the iron that rubs off from in the pipes and other stuff that's microscopic but still in there. In other words, if you had a pool full of nothing but distilled/pure water and you were in it when lightning struck it, you wouldn't be harmed because the electricity wouldn't carry through the covalent bond that is water.  

liz_bliz_inc

Envy-san

3,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 3:28 pm
I have the Super Mario Bro. theme stuck in my head. rolleyes

and a song called 'Mirai' from Digimon Tamers(I download random songs).... it sounds like a man with a high pitched voice is singing it, but it is really Envy's voice 'actress'(Envy is male but they gave him a female voice actress cuz he 'appears' to be young... when he isnt... over 300yrs old.) She is really talented. eek  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 8:27 pm
Wanna know what theme song is annoyingly catchy? The one to Azumanga Daiou (I've been yelled at to spell it with an 'u' rather than the 'h'), Soramimi. I swear, first time I heard it, I sat there all week humming it.  

Menzeeto

#1 Naruto

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 8:42 pm
The_Last_PlainsWalker
Neko Kafweenu
The_Last_PlainsWalker

o.O?
*takes a big breath* You see the water itself doesn't conduct electricity. You see H2[/small]O is made of two non-metals and therefore is a covalent bond, and covalent bonds don't conduct electricty very well if at all. (Things like sand are exceptions because it has a metaloid in it). What makes water conduct eletricity is all the stuff in it besides the actual water. like the iron that rubs off from in the pipes and other stuff that's microscopic but still in there. In other words, if you had a pool full of nothing but distilled/pure water and you were in it when lightning struck it, you wouldn't be harmed because the electricity wouldn't carry through the covalent bond that is water.

Technically, yes. But so far it has yet to be proven. Almost like the light ray experiment where almost everybody thinks that red light ray will destroy an item quicker than the blue light ray (turns out that red light ray caused almost no damage, while the blue light ray caused about the same damage the red light ray "should" have).

Also, a lot of people predict, thinking that it's the water itself, but really, almost no one knows the truth, except me because I did a science fair project on it.  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 2:46 am
Menzeeto
Wanna know what theme song is annoyingly catchy? The one to Azumanga Daiou (I've been yelled at to spell it with an 'u' rather than the 'h'), Soramimi. I swear, first time I heard it, I sat there all week humming it.

I hate that series stare
-its pointless
-not funny
-random  

Envy-san

3,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Shadow_of_a_hedgehog

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 5:41 am
Envy-san
Menzeeto

I hate that series stare
-its pointless
-not funny
-random

yesh tis poitless 3nodding however tis Unbarebly funny at certain times blaugh xd

ad shure a few tunes are ok 3nodding you have to love Osaka...and Sakaki
xd  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 2:27 pm
The_Last_PlainsWalker
*takes a big breath* You see the water itself doesn't conduct electricity. You see H2[/small]O is made of two non-metals and therefore is a covalent bond, and covalent bonds don't conduct electricty very well if at all. (Things like sand are exceptions because it has a metaloid in it). What makes water conduct eletricity is all the stuff in it besides the actual water. like the iron that rubs off from in the pipes and other stuff that's microscopic but still in there. In other words, if you had a pool full of nothing but distilled/pure water and you were in it when lightning struck it, you wouldn't be harmed because the electricity wouldn't carry through the covalent bond that is water.

Almost true. Even pure water slightly self-ionizes to a tiny extent. A water molecule is made up of an oxygen atom and two hydrogen atoms, H2O. In any body of water, a few of those molecules randomly lose one hydrogen each, which then attaches itself to another water molecule. So you end up with some OH, hydroxide, and some H3O, hydronium. These ions are charged and do conduct electricity, and to have pure, nonconducting water, you'd have to get rid of them somehow.  

Neekroo

liz_bliz_inc

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 2:35 pm
Neko Kafweenu
The_Last_PlainsWalker

Almost true. Even pure water slightly self-ionizes to a tiny extent. A water molecule is made up of an oxygen atom and two hydrogen atoms, H2O. In any body of water, a few of those molecules randomly lose one hydrogen each, which then attaches itself to another water molecule. So you end up with some OH, hydroxide, and some H3O, hydronium. These ions are charged and do conduct electricity, and to have pure, nonconducting water, you'd have to get rid of them somehow.i know, that's why i said distilled/pure water, it's possible to do that, we used it in chem. lab experiments.  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 2:42 pm
#1 Naruto
The_Last_PlainsWalker
Neko Kafweenu
The_Last_PlainsWalker

o.O?
*takes a big breath* You see the water itself doesn't conduct electricity. You see Hsize=9]2[/small]O is made of two non-metals and therefore is a covalent bond, and covalent bonds don't conduct electricty very well if at all. (Things like sand are exceptions because it has a metaloid in it). What makes water conduct eletricity is all the stuff in it besides the actual water. like the iron that rubs off from in the pipes and other stuff that's microscopic but still in there. In other words, if you had a pool full of nothing but distilled/pure water and you were in it when lightning struck it, you wouldn't be harmed because the electricity wouldn't carry through the covalent bond that is water.

Technically, yes. But so far it has yet to be proven. Almost like the light ray experiment where almost everybody thinks that red light ray will destroy an item quicker than the blue light ray (turns out that red light ray caused almost no damage, while the blue light ray caused about the same damage the red light ray "should" have).

Also, a lot of people predict, thinking that it's the water itself, but really, almost no one knows the truth, except me because I did a science fair project on it.
Water is one of the most non-reactive liquids in existance, while you can dissolve many things in it (polar bonds only actually) but not much makes it change it's chemical make up, which is surprising, when you take into consideration that Hydrogen is one of the most reactive and at that violently reactive elements there is. But basically the eletrons in the electricty can't move through the bonds of water (at least not very well) and i'm sure they;ve tested this out on smaller portions of distilled water that they could keep distilled.  

liz_bliz_inc

panda-shinobi

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 6:29 pm
does anyone likie my new outfit?  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 6:42 pm
panda-shinobi
*raises hands up* YUP..i do >.< whee  

cherryblossom_chan

zimthehomicidal

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:09 pm
its mad crazy xp  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 6:13 am
panda-shinobi

tis Spifftastic! surprised 3nodding
zimthehomicidal
its mad crazy xp

You should Talk! xd yours is even more crazy 3nodding  

Shadow_of_a_hedgehog

Neekroo

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 11:42 am
Coolness. 3nodding  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 ... 1486 1487 1488 1489 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games