Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 8:46 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The Sorting Hat

Diamond Wales
User Image
                                                  Hypocritical, egotistical
                                                  Don't wanna be the parenthetical, hypothetical
                                                  Working hard on something that I'm proud of, out of the box
                                                  An epoxy to the world and the vision we've lost

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Ḧäḷḟḅḷööḋ || Ḟïṛṡẗ Ÿëäṛ || Üṅṡöṛẗëḋ

════════════════════════

Issac shifted nervously from one foot to the other. He could see his niblings in the crowd in the hall, and gave them a wave before focusing on the hat again. He'd never given thought to where he could end up, and he wasn't quite sure that he knew where he could possibly end up. His family was traditionally Slytherin, yes, but his cousins and niblings were anything but Slytherin. The only house his family wasn't in was Ravenclaw. Taking a seat, he looked around at everyone before the hat slipped around his ears.

xxxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                      ◊ ADAPTABLE Issac can adjust to most anything thrown at him. He tends to try and figure out what fits best in situations and adjusts himself accordingly. While his tendency to want to be active might hinder him in some cases, he finds he can swallow his impulses and try not to fidget too much.
                                                      ◊ MANIPULATIVE Issac finds he can get what he wants quite easily if he manages to set things up in a certain way. While his parents might disapprove of such tactics, he finds that others are less likely to tell him no if he works enough at it. He finds this works best with his older relatives, save for perhaps his eldest sister.
                                                      ◊ ACTIVE Issac is always in motion, and is a burst of energy in any situation he's in. He doesn't like sitting down for long, and always needs something to do, even if it's merely hanging around his family and friends. He also likes to move, and finds physical activity of any kind enjoyable.
                                                      ◊ SMART Issac is also very smart. He's able to pick things up quickly, and always pays attention to things going on around him. He's also quite inquisitive, and loves asking questions about why things are the way they are.
                                                      ◊ LOYAL Whether it be friends or family, Issac sticks with them through thick and thin. He isn't afraid to stand up for those he feels close to, and willingly helps them if they need it. He also tends to believe what they say a lot, though at times he is a bit skeptic so that he isn't caught unaware by deceit.
                                                      ◊ FRIENDLY While he might not like strangers, he is a very friendly individual. He loves attention and loves making people smile. He also enjoys spending time with said friends in any situation, and can shift between friend groups with ease, adapting to any situation he finds himself in.

════════════════════════

Thinking: So, oh great and all-knowing hat, where am I headed?
                                              OOC:

-◎-

I'm an apostrophe
                                              I'm just a symbol to remind you that there's more to see
                                              I'm just a product of the system of catastrophe
                                              And yet a masterpiece, and yet I'm half-diseased
                                              And when I am deceased
                                              At least I'll go down to the grave and die happily
                                              And leave the body and my soul to be a part of thee
                                              I do what it takes

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Hm, quite a mixed bag, aren't you, my boy?
Well it makes sense, with a family like yours
But, for you, I think... Ah, yes!

Slytherin!

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 8:48 pm
The Sorting Hat

Mr Nightmares
User Image

User Image

Will you 𝓈 𝓉 𝒶 𝓎 by my side
                                              Will you
                                              𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕞𝕚𝕤𝕖 me
                                              If I let go of your hand, you’ll fly away and ʞɐǝɹq
                                              I’m scared
                                              , scared, ѕ¢αяє∂ of that

Varus held his breath. This had been what his parents had told him so many stories about. He never thought the Great Hall would be as big as this; he believed his parents had only exaggerated in order to make it more exciting than it actually was. He looked around quietly, studying the school. His new... home. The chatters around him made him conscious of himself. No doubt the other first years already had friends. But Varus didn't mind. He was not the one to make friends quickly anyway. There was, however, the rising panic from the anxiety of remembering that he was surrounded by so many strangers. He swallowed the fear as he looked at the others getting sorted. Which house he went to didn't really matter to him. The hat was the one choosing now, and Varus was sure that he has little say to it. Ravenclaw would be nice, though. But, he was sure that whichever house it was, he'd be okay just as long as it's the most peaceful house possible. Besides, he was invisible enough to not matter anyway.

When his name was called, Varus flinched. He went over and sat on the stool carefully. Don't look at anyone, Varus. Imagine their heads are books. Books for heads. Breathe.

INDECISIVE Varus has a way to constantly weigh options, even after making the decision. He'll often regret it if anything goes wrong, or wait for something to go wrong when it was the right choice.
                                              CAUTIOUS Something going terribly wrong is one of the things Varus likes to avoid as much as possible. Pairing up with his indecisiveness to prevent worst possible outcomes, his cautiousness dominates most of his personality.
                                              RECLUSIVE Meeting new friends was never his forte, as his prudent nature passes off as annoying, as what he started believing after his brother said it to him. Varus ends up isolating himself to not bother other people.
                                              PRIVATE Varus was never the type to blurt out everything about it. He looks at his thoughts and history as a confidential matter. During first meetings, he'll share what he thinks is only necessary and keeps it at that. This causes his relationships to be at arm's length.
                                              STUDIOUS Varus turned to books and facts to compensate for the evident lack of his social life. He'd prefer to be stuck in a library or by his bed, surrounded by books, rather than going out. Supporting his decisions with facts give him relief, since it lessens the percentage of anything going wrong when it's been documented and proven already.
                                              INVISIBLE Barely socializing and keeping mostly to himself, Varus tends to end up being invisible to most crowds. He rarely talks, and if he does, it's mostly to himself. Since social interaction is kept to a minimum, he becomes easily unnoticeable. Though it pains him a bit, he thinks this is the best for him.
                                              ORGANIZED The constant need for things to be set right where they're needed is a critical thing for Varus. He needs order as a way to reassure himself of the state of things.

𝓦𝓲𝓵𝓵 you stop time
                                              if this ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ passes
                                              ħ †hðµgh it hadn't → ΉΛPPΣПΣD
                                              I’m
                                              scared, scared, ѕ¢αяє∂ I'll lose you

OOC:

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
That's an interesting trick, I think
Books for heads, hm? I like it
Now then, let's see...
Ah, yes, simple enough!

Ravenclaw!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:03 pm
The Sorting Hat

Fuzzymelonlord
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Company
Fellow First Years
Mood
Excited

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

As she walked up towards the stool to be sorted, Ha-Yun knew that her brother had been so wrong. This wasn't scary in the slightest. It was exciting. She wondered if she would be sorted into the same house as Jin...probably not. The girl knew that they were like fire and ice, complete opposites. "Hey, hat. How many people have you sorted before? Does it ever get boring just sorting people all the time?" she questioned right as the hat was placed atop her head. She was mildly curious, who wouldn't be. It was interesting to her. Might as well ask while she had the chance. "Can you sort things besides people? Like if I brought my Owl, to you could you sort him into a house as well?"

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                          OOC
                                                          Speak here

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

TRAIT Blunt Ha-Yun doesn’t mince words and tells things like it is, which has gotten her (and her brother) into more trouble than her family would like.
                                                          TRAIT Stubborn Ha-Yun doesn’t like letting things get in her way. She wants to further herself so she will do whatever she needs to so that she can progress.
                                                          TRAIT Inquisitive She likes figuring things out, especially things that she doesn’t understand. This tends to get her into trouble when combined with her naturally blunt personality.
                                                          TRAIT Brave Ha-Yun isn’t one to shy away from things that would scare other people. She loves the rush she gets from doing exciting things, especially if it seems like it could be dangerous.
                                                          TRAIT Instigator Ha-Yun likes pushing people outside of their comfort zones to see what she can get away with.
                                                          TRAIT Loyal Ha-Yun is almost the definition of ride or die. If you’re in her friend group you can bet that she will do everything in her power to protect you.

Sort an owl? That's quite the question
You know, I've never tried it?
But let's focus on the matter at hand, shall we?
Hm... You're an interesting one for sure... I'll say...

Slytherin!

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:13 pm
The Sorting Hat

Fuzzymelonlord
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Company
Who you're with
Mood
How you feel

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

We're all fighting growing old
                                                          In the hopes
                                                          Of a few minutes more
                                                          To get on St. Peter's list

Shannon carefully made his way up to the stool, flashing a small smile to the Professor who had called his name before he took a seat. He was pretty curious about where he would end up, after all Andy had been in Slytherin but both their mother and father had been in Ravenclaw. So he wondered if he would follow the family trend. He didn't bother wasting words as he patiently waited for the hat to reveal his fate....hmm that was a bit dramatic, at least the fate of where he will be for the next seven years. A part of him thought about which house Brigid would be placed into, well he would never know now.

But you need to lower your standards
                                                          'Cause it's never
                                                          Getting any better than this

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                          OOC
                                                          Speak here

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

TRAIT Compassionate Despite the training that Shannon was raised in, he does have a rather big heart. He likes seeing people he cares about happy, which is why his sister’s sudden mood switch around him hurts him so much.
                                                          TRAIT Organized Shannon likes to keep things neat, not liking when even the slightest thing can be out of place. He keeps his room and belongings in a strict order to avoid disorganization.
                                                          TRAIT Amiable Unlike his sister Andraste, Shannon has no trouble talking to people. In fact he enjoys conversing with others, he likes seeing into their minds and figuring out how they work. He enjoys understanding people.
                                                          TRAIT Curious Shannon enjoys analyzing different aspects of life, be it people or his studies. Shannon wants to understand, because if he can understand he can hold some semblance of control. Or at least that is how he feels.
                                                          TRAIT Mature Because of his family training and the death of his elder twin, Shannon has grown up a bit faster than most children his age. He is calmer and more docile than most would think a young boy would be.
                                                          TRAIT Perceptive Because of his fondness for learning about others, he tends to notice small little ticks in body language. It’s also part of the training he had been given as a child, this does also help with his fencing.

My, my, what have we here?
Such a calm mind you have
And a good heart, I think you'll do well in

Hufflepuff!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:32 pm

XXXXXXXXXXXUser ImageUser Image
          unsortedXXXX;;XXXX first yearxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Perhaps a little nervous, Fanyue fidgeted with the hems of his robe as he waited his turn at the Sorting Hat. Sorting worried him slightly--not only will this single moment determine his entire educational career at Hogwarts, but also his life beyond Hogwarts as well--not to mention the crude stereotypes that the houses seemed to carry. His mother described the houses as, quote, "Ravenclaws are smarties, Slytherins are meanies, Gryffindors and dummies, and Hufflepuffs are sweeties." He wasn't too sure this description was correct to any degree, of course (not to mention a bit offensive). Still he worried as his name was called, and he nearly ripped his robe walking towards the Hat--

xxxxxxxxxxxResourceful ;; Quick-witted and sometimes cunning, Fanyue understandably
                xxxxxxxxxxxxdoes not consider himself to be a mere helpless child.

xxxxxxxxxxxxObsessive ;; Striving for perfection, he cannot let things go easily. Although
                xxxxxxxxxxxxFanyue will never admit it, his obsessive nature prevents him from forgetting
                xxxxxxxxxxxxthose who had wronged him or those close to him. In some sense, his obsessive
                xxxxxxxxxxxxnature prevents him from readily forgiving others.

xxxxxxxxxxxxSelf-destructive ;; Quick to blame himself for any problems, Fanyue will wallow
                xxxxxxxxxxxxin guilt and take unnecessary responsibility for issues that weren't his fault. He,
                xxxxxxxxxxxxof course, hides his own pain behind a smile and a laugh.

xxxxxxxxxxxxIndependent ;; Whether Fanyue is armed with the knowledge of self-sustenance
                xxxxxxxxxxxxor stubbornly refusing help from others, he does not rely on others (even when
                xxxxxxxxxxxxhe should).

xxxxxxxxxxxxAnxious ;; Even Fanyue cannot escape the claws of pessimism. He worries,
                xxxxxxxxxxxxperhaps overly so, about health, safety, etc, sometimes of people dear to him
                xxxxxxxxxxxxin a self-sacrificial manner. Perhaps it is his caring nature that drives him to
                xxxxxxxxxxxxhelp, and as a worrier, over-help others.

x
                x
                WITH : peeps x || x LOCATION : great hall x || x THOUGHTS : a talking hat!
                x

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:58 pm
FORMAT COMING BECAUSE I AM ONCE AGAIN LATE TO THE GAME.

Finlay Lios ~ First Year ~ Unsorted

Fin arrived at the sorting hat with a bored look on his face. He looked around for awhile as other students were sorted, and then finally his name was called and he walked forward. He only offered one last look at his twin sister before sitting on the stool and having the hat plopped onto his head. He knew nothing about the houses so he could care less where he ended up.

■ MANIPULATIVE Finlay is very good at twisting his words to get what he wants. Especially when it comes to his sister. She will do almost anything he asks her to do. Even others or adults tend to bend their wills to his sometimes.
■ STRONGWILLED Finlay is super strong willed and stubborn. He never likes to give up on anything, and is always very determined to get what he wants, or whatever he sets his mind to.
■ LOYAL Fin is loyal to a fault. But only to one person and one person alone. His sister. He would do anything for her and would go to the ends of the world to do anything for her.
■ AMBITIOUS Fin has goals in mind that are high and he will do whatever he wants to reach them. He also has goals for his sister that he will put everything into as well. Mostly because she doesn't have any will of her own.
■ UNYIELDING Finlay is unyielding. He never gives way to anyone else' peer pressure or authoritative pressure. He is resolute in his decisions and his ways.
■ SELFISH Not taking his sister in to consideration, Finlay never thinks about anyone but himself. The only reason he thinks about his sister is because he thinks she is useful to him.

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:03 pm

Maura Lios ~ First Year ~ Unsorted

Maura watched her brother get sorted first and was called up right after him. She walked to the seat with a twinge of nerves. She didn't really know anything about the houses, but she had been with her brother her entire life. What if they got sorted separately? What happened then? She sat down and waited quietly and politely.

■ INTELLIGENT Maura is very intelligent. She learns very quickly and never has trouble learning from books or studying things. She has never failed a test ever.
■ LOYAL Maura is incredibly loyal, especially to her brother. She would die for him. Her loyalty is not limited to just him though, anyone she loves or decides is family she will be loyal to.
■ CURIOUS Maura is very curious. She loves to try and understand no matter what the puzzle is. Crosswords, riddles, puzzles, Sudoku are all things she loves. She could sit and do them for hours.
■ LOVING Maura is very loving. She always finds something she loves in everyone and everything she meets. She rarely finds anyone that displeases her enough to never want to speak to them again.
■ MISCHIEVOUS Despite what her brother things, she is very mischievous. She loves to play tricks on people and ******** around with them. She plays a pretty good innocent girl when needed though.
■ SELF-LESS Maura is selfless. She will drop anything and everything for those she cares about if they need her. This means she has neglected a lot of her things before for the sake of her brother's plans.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 10:40 am
[Picture to Come]

Hayee Ewan Dubhach
Halfblood | First Year | Unsorted

Ewan followed his new classmates into the Great Hall. His gaze was drawn first to the ceiling that showed the sky outside and the thousands of candles floating below it. From the ceiling he looked down at what the candles illuminated and his stomach knotted, the dozens of faces of his new schoolmates blurred before his eyes into an indistinct mass. His gaze dropped to the floor and he reached instinctively for his twin Rhona's hand.

"Just pretend that we're in one of Dad's stories," he whispered to himself. He concentrated on the floor and shuffling forward as names were called. Under his breath he repeated over and over, "Just pretend we're in one of Dad's stories."

When "Dubhach, Hayee" was called, Ewan couldn't help but stick his tongue out at his first name. He let got of his sister's hand and stepped forward. When he finally looked at the Sorting Hat, he frowned slightly and didn't even think about everyone staring at him as he walked up to the stool and sat down. "Who are you? How do you work? Who made you?" He couldn't stop himself from whispering. Just like how he would ask their dad endless questions about what he was studying, Ewan couldn't stop himself from questioning the Hat. In the back of him mind, though, he thought, Please, please, let me stay with Rhona!

OoC: I'll add a picture of Ewan after my internet stops being dumb. It's just showing picture icons rather than pictures themselves.

Soft Spoken Ewan is very soft spoken. He doesn't approach people without prompting. He's also prone to not speaking unless he's spoken to. However, if he's comfortable around people and is asked about something he likes, he'll chatter away.
Studious While not studious in the conventional sense (e.i., doing his homework in a timely manner), Ewan loves to learn about things that interest him. He can curl up with a book for hours and loose track of time. He loves to learn, but can find organized classes boring.
Daydreamer Living very much in his own head, Ewan can loose hours to daydreaming. He's not always aware of what's going on around him or of what other people are doing. There's whispered concern that he's not "all there."
Inquisitive/Curious Ewan is very curious and inquisitive about things that interest him. He can read a book about a topic that interests him for hours. If something piques his interest, he is prone to wandering off without telling anyone and without thinking about the consequences of his actions. This has gotten him into trouble more than once.
Insensitive Ewan isn't the best at reading other people or situations and doesn't always think about what he says before it comes out of his mouth. He doesn't think about how his words or actions effect others and puts his foot in his mouth on a semi-regular basis.
Impulsive Liking to do his own thing, Ewan will do he wants without considering if he should or how it will impact others. He'll wander off without tell others simply because he sees something interesting or he'll do something because he wants to. Being so soft spoken, people don't always notice when he's gone, which can be problematic.

Ember Robinwood

Dangerous Lover

9,725 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

oceanblue272

Invisible Explorer

10,815 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Bidding War 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 8:12 pm
[Picture coming soon!]

Rhona Finnea Dubhach

When the group of new students entered the great hall Rhona felt herself tense up. Not because of her own fears, but because of how her brother reached for her hand, his unease to her clear as day. She herself didn't shrink under the gaze from the upper year's tables or the headmaster standing among the professors. Something that had her very curious though was who would be the professor for the care of magical creatures classes. She hoped that maybe there was away for her to get involved sooner than later. When her brother's name was called a knot started to form in the pit of her stomach, other thoughts pushed aside for the moment.

Before long it was her turn and she walked less confidently than she hoped up to the hat. Rhona hadn't put too much though into what house she wanted to be in. "Please just let me be with my brother." She whispered to the hat. "I can't just leave him all alone."

OoC: I'm really busy right now, but I'll add a picture as soon as I can.

Compassionate She feels a lot of compassion for other people, and especially animals when they are suffering. This leads to her wanting to do something about it or a very strong opinion towards the situation.
Independent Already used to responsibility and going off with her brother quite often already in early life, Rhona has a strong sense of self-independence.
Dependable She likes being seen as a responsible person who can be trusted, and that includes whatever someone may ask her to do.
Stubborn When she thinks she's right and gets into an argument with someone, she won't back down very easily. If someone tells her no, she very often resists. Commonly, this comes from her not liking being treated like and kid and she feels like people don't respect her opinions.
Stingy She really doesn't do sharing, no matter what it is. Having a twin and sharing so many things in their lives made her very protective of what little she could completely call her own.
Energetic She seems to have an almost bottomless source of energy to draw from, mostly when working on something she's interested in. But when she crashes, she crashes hard.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 3:22 pm
The Sorting Hat

Utsuha Moon

XXXXXXXXXXXUser ImageUser Image
          unsortedXXXX;;XXXX first yearxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Perhaps a little nervous, Fanyue fidgeted with the hems of his robe as he waited his turn at the Sorting Hat. Sorting worried him slightly--not only will this single moment determine his entire educational career at Hogwarts, but also his life beyond Hogwarts as well--not to mention the crude stereotypes that the houses seemed to carry. His mother described the houses as, quote, "Ravenclaws are smarties, Slytherins are meanies, Gryffindors and dummies, and Hufflepuffs are sweeties." He wasn't too sure this description was correct to any degree, of course (not to mention a bit offensive). Still he worried as his name was called, and he nearly ripped his robe walking towards the Hat--

xxxxxxxxxxxResourceful ;; Quick-witted and sometimes cunning, Fanyue understandably
                xxxxxxxxxxxxdoes not consider himself to be a mere helpless child.

xxxxxxxxxxxxObsessive ;; Striving for perfection, he cannot let things go easily. Although
                xxxxxxxxxxxxFanyue will never admit it, his obsessive nature prevents him from forgetting
                xxxxxxxxxxxxthose who had wronged him or those close to him. In some sense, his obsessive
                xxxxxxxxxxxxnature prevents him from readily forgiving others.

xxxxxxxxxxxxSelf-destructive ;; Quick to blame himself for any problems, Fanyue will wallow
                xxxxxxxxxxxxin guilt and take unnecessary responsibility for issues that weren't his fault. He,
                xxxxxxxxxxxxof course, hides his own pain behind a smile and a laugh.

xxxxxxxxxxxxIndependent ;; Whether Fanyue is armed with the knowledge of self-sustenance
                xxxxxxxxxxxxor stubbornly refusing help from others, he does not rely on others (even when
                xxxxxxxxxxxxhe should).

xxxxxxxxxxxxAnxious ;; Even Fanyue cannot escape the claws of pessimism. He worries,
                xxxxxxxxxxxxperhaps overly so, about health, safety, etc, sometimes of people dear to him
                xxxxxxxxxxxxin a self-sacrificial manner. Perhaps it is his caring nature that drives him to
                xxxxxxxxxxxxhelp, and as a worrier, over-help others.

x
                x
                WITH : peeps x || x LOCATION : great hall x || x THOUGHTS : a talking hat!
                x

Oh, my boy, your mother isn't at all correct
Don't worry about what you've heard,
Focus on looking forward
I do believe you'll do quite well in

Slytherin!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 3:23 pm
The Sorting Hat

Devlyn Maycry

Finlay Lios ~ First Year ~ Unsorted

Fin arrived at the sorting hat with a bored look on his face. He looked around for awhile as other students were sorted, and then finally his name was called and he walked forward. He only offered one last look at his twin sister before sitting on the stool and having the hat plopped onto his head. He knew nothing about the houses so he could care less where he ended up.

■ MANIPULATIVE Finlay is very good at twisting his words to get what he wants. Especially when it comes to his sister. She will do almost anything he asks her to do. Even others or adults tend to bend their wills to his sometimes.
■ STRONGWILLED Finlay is super strong willed and stubborn. He never likes to give up on anything, and is always very determined to get what he wants, or whatever he sets his mind to.
■ LOYAL Fin is loyal to a fault. But only to one person and one person alone. His sister. He would do anything for her and would go to the ends of the world to do anything for her.
■ AMBITIOUS Fin has goals in mind that are high and he will do whatever he wants to reach them. He also has goals for his sister that he will put everything into as well. Mostly because she doesn't have any will of her own.
■ UNYIELDING Finlay is unyielding. He never gives way to anyone else' peer pressure or authoritative pressure. He is resolute in his decisions and his ways.
■ SELFISH Not taking his sister in to consideration, Finlay never thinks about anyone but himself. The only reason he thinks about his sister is because he thinks she is useful to him.

Hm, I know exactly what to do with you
Slytherin!

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 3:25 pm
The Sorting Hat

Devlyn Maycry

Maura Lios ~ First Year ~ Unsorted

Maura watched her brother get sorted first and was called up right after him. She walked to the seat with a twinge of nerves. She didn't really know anything about the houses, but she had been with her brother her entire life. What if they got sorted separately? What happened then? She sat down and waited quietly and politely.

■ INTELLIGENT Maura is very intelligent. She learns very quickly and never has trouble learning from books or studying things. She has never failed a test ever.
■ LOYAL Maura is incredibly loyal, especially to her brother. She would die for him. Her loyalty is not limited to just him though, anyone she loves or decides is family she will be loyal to.
■ CURIOUS Maura is very curious. She loves to try and understand no matter what the puzzle is. Crosswords, riddles, puzzles, Sudoku are all things she loves. She could sit and do them for hours.
■ LOVING Maura is very loving. She always finds something she loves in everyone and everything she meets. She rarely finds anyone that displeases her enough to never want to speak to them again.
■ MISCHIEVOUS Despite what her brother things, she is very mischievous. She loves to play tricks on people and ******** around with them. She plays a pretty good innocent girl when needed though.
■ SELF-LESS Maura is selfless. She will drop anything and everything for those she cares about if they need her. This means she has neglected a lot of her things before for the sake of her brother's plans.

I'm not sure you give yourself enough credit, dear
You'll find you can do quite well on your own, if you try
But support is always helpful, so for you I think it's

Hufflepuff!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 3:27 pm
The Sorting Hat

Ember Robinwood
[Picture to Come]

Hayee Ewan Dubhach

Ewan followed his new classmates into the Great Hall. His gaze was drawn first to the ceiling that showed the sky outside and the thousands of candles floating below it. From the ceiling he looked down at what the candles illuminated and his stomach knotted, the dozens of faces of his new schoolmates blurred before his eyes into an indistinct mass. His gaze dropped to the floor and he reached instinctively for his twin Rhona's hand.

"Just pretend that we're in one of Dad's stories," he whispered to himself. He concentrated on the floor and shuffling forward as names were called. Under his breath he repeated over and over, "Just pretend we're in one of Dad's stories."

When "Dubhach, Hayee" was called, Ewan couldn't help but stick his tongue out at his first name. He let got of his sister's hand and stepped forward. When he finally looked at the Sorting Hat, he frowned slightly and didn't even think about everyone staring at him as he walked up to the stool and sat down. "Who are you? How do you work? Who made you?" He couldn't stop himself from whispering. Just like how he would ask their dad endless questions about what he was studying, Ewan couldn't stop himself from questioning the Hat. In the back of him mind, though, he thought, Please, please, let me stay with Rhona!

OoC: I'll add a picture of Ewan after my internet stops being dumb. It's just showing picture icons rather than pictures themselves.

Soft Spoken Ewan is very soft spoken. He doesn't approach people without prompting. He's also prone to not speaking unless he's spoken to. However, if he's comfortable around people and is asked about something he likes, he'll chatter away.
Studious While not studious in the conventional sense (e.i., doing his homework in a timely manner), Ewan loves to learn about things that interest him. He can curl up with a book for hours and loose track of time. He loves to learn, but can find organized classes boring.
Daydreamer Living very much in his own head, Ewan can loose hours to daydreaming. He's not always aware of what's going on around him or of what other people are doing. There's whispered concern that he's not "all there."
Inquisitive/Curious Ewan is very curious and inquisitive about things that interest him. He can read a book about a topic that interests him for hours. If something piques his interest, he is prone to wandering off without telling anyone and without thinking about the consequences of his actions. This has gotten him into trouble more than once.
Insensitive Ewan isn't the best at reading other people or situations and doesn't always think about what he says before it comes out of his mouth. He doesn't think about how his words or actions effect others and puts his foot in his mouth on a semi-regular basis.
Impulsive Liking to do his own thing, Ewan will do he wants without considering if he should or how it will impact others. He'll wander off without tell others simply because he sees something interesting or he'll do something because he wants to. Being so soft spoken, people don't always notice when he's gone, which can be problematic.

So many questions! An inquisitive mind, eh?
Perhaps pay better attention though,
There was a whole song to tell you who I am!
Now then, I think it's easy to see where you belong

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 3:29 pm
The Sorting Hat

oceanblue272
[Picture coming soon!]

Rhona Finnea Dubhach

When the group of new students entered the great hall Rhona felt herself tense up. Not because of her own fears, but because of how her brother reached for her hand, his unease to her clear as day. She herself didn't shrink under the gaze from the upper year's tables or the headmaster standing among the professors. Something that had her very curious though was who would be the professor for the care of magical creatures classes. She hoped that maybe there was away for her to get involved sooner than later. When her brother's name was called a knot started to form in the pit of her stomach, other thoughts pushed aside for the moment.

Before long it was her turn and she walked less confidently than she hoped up to the hat. Rhona hadn't put too much though into what house she wanted to be in. "Please just let me be with my brother." She whispered to the hat. "I can't just leave him all alone."

OoC: I'm really busy right now, but I'll add a picture as soon as I can.

Compassionate She feels a lot of compassion for other people, and especially animals when they are suffering. This leads to her wanting to do something about it or a very strong opinion towards the situation.
Independent Already used to responsibility and going off with her brother quite often already in early life, Rhona has a strong sense of self-independence.
Dependable She likes being seen as a responsible person who can be trusted, and that includes whatever someone may ask her to do.
Stubborn When she thinks she's right and gets into an argument with someone, she won't back down very easily. If someone tells her no, she very often resists. Commonly, this comes from her not liking being treated like and kid and she feels like people don't respect her opinions.
Stingy She really doesn't do sharing, no matter what it is. Having a twin and sharing so many things in their lives made her very protective of what little she could completely call her own.
Energetic She seems to have an almost bottomless source of energy to draw from, mostly when working on something she's interested in. But when she crashes, she crashes hard.

Your loyalty is admirable, my dear
However, I'm afraid I can't place you together
You'll find some separation is necessary, and can even be a good thing
No, for you, I think it'll be

Gryffindor!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 7:26 pm
User Image
                                                  Song Lyrics here
                                                  Parker Soyinka
                                                  ════════════════════════

Uɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ || Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ || Hᴀʟꜰʙʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Parker ascended to the stool, already feeling a bit nervous, though he hid it with a smile to the assistant headmistress. Hopefully this didn't take too long. At least he hoped not. Otherwise he was likely to start fidgeting like crazy up on the stool. Hopefully he would make his family proud wherever he went. He didn't want to embarrass them or something.

Quote:
                                                  ◊ OUTSPOKEN Parker is the type to be straightforward when speaking with people, and doesn't care to lie or twist words. He'd also like for everything to be out on the table as opposed to hiding or disguising things. As a result, he sometimes seems rude when he's actually trying to be honest, and will apologise if someone is offended by it.
                                                  ◊ FRIENDLY Parker is actually quite friendly. With a ready smile on his face and a desire to meet people, he tries his hardest to make friends and keep them. He also is willing to help a friend out if and when they need it.
                                                  ◊ FOCUSED Parker is quite focused on tasks given to him. He rarely gets distracted from tasks easily and tends to work a task to completion instead of leaving it for another day.
                                                  ◊ WITTY Parker is quite witty. Always ready with a quip, a jab, or a joke, he loves making people laugh and enjoys humour. He also likes practical jokes, though he won't admit to setting them up himself.
                                                  ◊ INTELLIGENT Parker is quite intelligent. He can usually catch onto new concepts easily, and has a mind for puzzles and figuring out problems quite easily. He also has an eye for finding solutions to problems he comes across.
                                                  ◊ TACTILE Parker is quite tactile. He is always hugging and initiating physical contact with people, having a slightly skewed sense of personal space. However, he can pull back and give people space when they request it.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Well, where am I going now?
                                                  OOC: Crappy post format is crappy.

-◎-

Song Lyrics Here

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games