Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
SW Games Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:37 am

Cale Darksun
I'd rather have a more realistic RTS style game, something that would sate my inate desire to command and conquer.
Something that does a better job than EaW.

Uhh how about Command and Conquer?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:47 am

Command and Conquer's a great game, I personally don't have it. But It's a really good RTS.

Manphish

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:31 pm

Not Command and Conquer... he said "realistic" style RTS... I'd guess something more akin to the Total War series, maybe even akin to Supreme Commander.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:11 pm

Stellar's the only one who understood what I meant, apparently.

Sol Walker
Crew

Manphish

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:31 pm

Hey, sorry. I'm not a fan of the "Realistic" ones.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:35 pm

If you need a Star Wars fix, there are only two apparanant ways to get it on a video game nowadays:

1- Star Wars Battle Front 2 on Elite Mode

2- Knights of the Old Republic

That's it in the last 5 years.

ElladanKenet
Crew

elvisnake

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:39 pm

ElladanKenet
If you need a Star Wars fix, there are only two apparanant ways to get it on a video game nowadays:

1- Star Wars Battle Front 2 on Elite Mode

2- Knights of the Old Republic

That's it in the last 5 years.
Normal mode is fine on BF2... Elite is better, but normal is ok too...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:45 pm

Normal always seems harder to me though. Only because all of the forces are extremely stupid. With Elite mode, AI are a lot easier to deal with.

Manphish

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:52 pm

In the last 5 years Lucasarts has come out with 2 games that I enjoyed.

1. Republic Commando (With a just a few mod tweaks it makes a great tactical shooter)

2. KOTOR - A Great Story, something that most other games have completely lacked.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:18 pm

Love Republic Commando (except for the fact that my computer doesn't have the correct graphics card sweatdrop )
And I always thought Kotor was much better than Kotor 2

Manphish

JRay18

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:32 pm

Well yeah, I haven't heard of many people who like KotOR II better than KotOR. I love Rep. Commando too. I am the best with a concussion rifle and a shotgun on multiplayer. It's actually probably the hardest Star Wars game I've played. It took me about a month to beat instead of about 3 days.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:35 am

Republic Commando is really great, but I think battlefront II is even better. Although I like the dark atmosphere at rep. commando, I enjoy the freedom to choose your team freely at BF.

And KOTOR II is really great, too! I never played the first part so I cannot compare them, but if it is even better than II, it must be really awesome!

Kuhan Lee

5,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Manphish

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:45 am

I used to play Star Wars Galaxies, before they upped the price. I had a lvl 49 Commando, full Shock Trooper armor, a T-21... pretty high leveled... and a Sorro Suub Luxury Yacht. I had it made.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:43 pm

It's official. Metroid Prime 3 is COMPLETELY KRIFFING AWESOME!

elvisnake

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:44 pm

Manphish
Normal always seems harder to me though. Only because all of the forces are extremely stupid. With Elite mode, AI are a lot easier to deal with.
The normal AI behaves randomly, often sending units completely away from objectives, just having them stand around, or have them mass one target.

The Elites, on the other hand, use tactics, which can be predicted, and countered effectively.

RC was a great game. Wish I could've had the time to play it and beat it. I only got to level 3.

Kotor has the best story of any game, so much so, that it rivals the Original Trilogy in sheer awesomeness. The only thing KOTOR II had over it was more customization, weapons, and Force powers.
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games