Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply The Gallery
PYP thread? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 492 493 494 495 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miradjii

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:48 am
A Considerable Risk
Tis not nice to beat yourself up...

Now for the backhanded comment...

I have met stupider people before.

But seriously. You are bilingual, that in itself proves you are intelligent.

Well, if you met me in person you'd notice that I am absent-minded, anxious and stupid. ^^
Also, it only proves that swedish is such a dreadful language that I prefer talking english. ;P

EDIT: And oh, your signature is reeeally creepy. XD
The man with the "arm" that is...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:44 am
Miradjii
Oh, well, that's not that short I'd say. I'm 6.3 feet myself. ^^
And no, English isn't my first language, Swedish is. <_<
So feel free to correct me at any time, I'd appreciate it.

Woah. All these tall kids! And, no, it's not terribly short, but it's below average, and it annoys me because everyone assumes I'm taller than I am (because I'm thin).

And then, when they find out I'm actually short, they're all surprised and start using me as an armrest. (I had a boyfriend who was 6'5. He used my head as an elbow-rest.)

Swedish? Wow! That's one language I've always been curious about. Maybe more because people always assume I'm at least part-Swedish (Because of the blonde hair, maybe?) and I'm not, at all.

Miradjii
A Considerable Risk
Tis not nice to beat yourself up...

Now for the backhanded comment...

I have met stupider people before.

But seriously. You are bilingual, that in itself proves you are intelligent.

Well, if you met me in person you'd notice that I am absent-minded, anxious and stupid. ^^
Also, it only proves that swedish is such a dreadful language that I prefer talking english. ;P

I'm sorry to say this, but Risk is right. Here are a couple of points:

First off, being absent-minded and anxious do not have any correlation to stupidity. I'm the clumsiest, most absent-minded person alive, and I am- and this is fact, not bragging- quite a bit more intelligent than most of the people I come into contact with. (Not saying much, though. I still believe it's just because I have common sense.)

Also, the fact that you learned English- and are nearly fluent in it; honestly, I had no suspicions that you weren't a native speaker of English- is almost certifiable proof that you are, in fact, NOT stupid.

English is the hardest commonly used language in existence to learn- harder then Cantonese, partially because we use consonantal sounds only used in 2% of languages (And most of those Germanic languages.), and partially because we borrow hundreds of grammatical rules from dozens of languages and then mutate them.

And don't argue with me about this- I'm a Linguistics major, foo'. talk2hand

Now I'm done ranting. smile

Edit: And it's speaking English, not talking it, but even native speakers make that mistake. wink  

Keeskee

6,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Miradjii

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:59 am
Kiski

Woah. All these tall kids! And, no, it's not terribly short, but it's below average, and it annoys me because everyone assumes I'm taller than I am (because I'm thin).

And then, when they find out I'm actually short, they're all surprised and start using me as an armrest. (I had a boyfriend who was 6'5. He used my head as an elbow-rest.)

Swedish? Wow! That's one language I've always been curious about. Maybe more because people always assume I'm at least part-Swedish (Because of the blonde hair, maybe?) and I'm not, at all.

I'm sorry to say this, but Risk is right. Here are a couple of points:

First off, being absent-minded and anxious do not have any correlation to stupidity. I'm the clumsiest, most absent-minded person alive, and I am- and this is fact, not bragging- quite a bit more intelligent than most of the people I come into contact with. (Not saying much, though. I still believe it's just because I have common sense.)

Also, the fact that you learned English- and are nearly fluent in it; honestly, I had no suspicions that you weren't a native speaker of English- is almost certifiable proof that you are, in fact, NOT stupid.

English is the hardest commonly used language in existence to learn- harder then Cantonese, partially because we use consonantal sounds only used in 2% of languages (And most of those Germanic languages.), and partially because we borrow hundreds of grammatical rules from dozens of languages and then mutate them.

And don't argue with me about this- I'm a Linguistics major, foo'. talk2hand

Now I'm done ranting. smile

Haha, why does people always associate swedes with blond hair?
Probably some sort of racial prejudice perhaps? razz

Well, I weren't smart enough to realize that I was smart... or something. ;D

Oh, and also, if you're interested in learning swedish I could help you if you want to. ^^

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:23 am
Miradjii
Haha, why does people always associate swedes with blond hair?
Probably some sort of racial prejudice perhaps? razz

Well, I weren't smart enough to realize that I was smart... or something. ;D

Oh, and also, if you're interested in learning swedish I could help you if you want to. ^^

Honestly, I have no idea. It's just that whenever racial background comes into the conversation, half the room tags me as Swedish. Maybe because of all the blonde Swedish models? Just a stereotype, I guess.

It's funny because I'm of English origin. razz

So? That means you're not conceited. Points in your favour.

I'd love to learn Swedish. It'd probably take some doing, though, considering I'm also learning Welsh at the moment. xD

And it would be 'why do', not 'why does'. Using do is very tricky, but a good rule of thumb is that if you're starting a sentence with 'do', it'll be does, but if not, it'll be do. Most of the time.

Also, 'wasn't smart', not weren't. I don't even know how to explain that one. It's more: 'I wasn't' 'You weren't'. ...If that makes any sense.  

Keeskee

6,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:16 pm
CockroachHunter-S
Behold, the true creator behind S-Dude and CockroachHunter-S!
User Image
Apparently girls say I have nice eye-lashes? sweatdrop
Bad looking person, AMIRITE?

*cough* Ehhem, Bad looking person, AMIRITE?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:33 pm

User Image
I found my camera's USB cord :] This was snow on my birthday.

What the Pho

Miradjii

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:47 pm
Kiski
Honestly, I have no idea. It's just that whenever racial background comes into the conversation, half the room tags me as Swedish. Maybe because of all the blonde Swedish models? Just a stereotype, I guess.

It's funny because I'm of English origin. razz

So? That means you're not conceited. Points in your favour.

I'd love to learn Swedish. It'd probably take some doing, though, considering I'm also learning Welsh at the moment. xD

And it would be 'why do', not 'why does'. Using do is very tricky, but a good rule of thumb is that if you're starting a sentence with 'do', it'll be does, but if not, it'll be do. Most of the time.

Also, 'wasn't smart', not weren't. I don't even know how to explain that one. It's more: 'I wasn't' 'You weren't'. ...If that makes any sense.

I get the feeling that someone soon will tell us to talk somewhere else since it's not this threads purpose.
Also, I tried to add you to MSN but my guess is that you don't use that. <_<

And ah, thanks for correcting me! ^^

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:08 pm
CockroachHunter-S
If I went gay, I'd say you're a cutie.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:41 pm
Meta_Fish
CockroachHunter-S

Lies, lies and scandals...
Right?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:56 pm
CockroachHunter-S
Meta_Fish
CockroachHunter-S

Right?
Nope.
Truth and truths.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:58 pm
Meta_Fish
CockroachHunter-S
Meta_Fish
CockroachHunter-S

Right?
Nope.
Truth and truths.

I'm not sure if I should say thanks.
I would, but the ending result might sound gay.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:42 pm
CockroachHunter-S
I understand.
xd

Edit: I have some pictures of me and my new girlfriend. Would anyone be opposed to me posting them?  

Meta_Fish
Captain

[-Stefan-]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:07 pm
Meta_Fish
CockroachHunter-S
I understand.
xd

Edit: I have some pictures of me and my new girlfriend. Would anyone be opposed to me posting them?

I WOULD FIND THAT HIGHLY OFFENSIVE  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:11 pm
[-Stefan-]
Meta_Fish
CockroachHunter-S
I understand.
xd

I WOULD FIND THAT HIGHLY OFFENSIVE

I second this remark.  

Waynebrizzle

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:14 pm
FINE.
NO FISH PRON 4 U.  
The Gallery

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 492 493 494 495 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games