Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:14 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The Sorting Hat

Trickblues
User Image
JONAH LANE
UnsortedFirst YearEleven Years Old

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

As Jonah stood in line watching the others be sorted, he couldn’t help but wonder what the hat would think of him. He knew his mother had wished him to be a Gryffindor like her, and that was all well and good he supposed, but was legacy that important? He figured he would be fine no matter where he ended up, so long as he would be able to meet some good people. If the place for him did end up being Gryffindor, then well, so be it. When the name Jonah Lane was called, he stepped up to the stool and had a seat, the hat much too big once placed upon him that he could barely see anyone beyond its brim.

═════════════════════════════════════════════

Status
When // Fall 2042
Where // Great Hall
With // Everyone
Feeling // Curious
Thinking // I wonder where I'll belong...

OOC:

SINCERE Some might consider Jonah as the sort who wears his heart on his sleeve. He genuinely cares about everyone he comes in contact with and would not hesitate to comfort a friend in need.

LAX While Jonah does know when it’s time to get down to business, typically he can’t be bothered and just wants to relax and enjoy himself. A very “go with the flow” type of guy. He’s been known to procrastinate on assignments, not because he doesn’t want to do them he says, but because there’s simply better ways he could be spending his time in the now and what’s due tomorrow can wait until then. That said, he’s never been one to not turn in his assignments. If his mother heard he’d slacked on his school work he knows he’d have a howler coming his way in no time flat.

IMPULSIVE Being primarily emotionally driven, Jonah has times where he cannot help but act upon how he’s feeling in the moment rather than first considering the potential consequences to his actions. This has gotten him into trouble on occasion, but when this does happen he will always take full responsibility and own up to his decisions.

RESOURCEFUL Though he may make some reckless decisions at times, Jonah is the type that usually has some semblance of a plan in mind, even if half of that plan is “winging it” after doing something rash. He is excellent at using his surroundings to his advantage and tends to think outside the box.

INQUISITIVE Jonah has a love of learning and picks up on things fairly quickly; a trait passed down to him from both his parents. However, while he enjoys learning about most things in general, there are always certain topics, such as astronomy or magical creatures or perhaps even the intrigue of certain individuals, which he will wish to fully immerse himself in to learn as much as possible--in which cases he may ignore other topics that may be more pertinent at the time… Such as researching charms into the wee hours of the morning when he has an exam in Potions in four hours that he’s hardly studied for.

PROTECTIVE A friendly acquaintance, but a fiercely loyal companion, when someone befriends Jonah they gain a friend for life. If one of his loved ones is ever in a time of need, Jonah will be right there to help. It is in times of trouble Jonah shows how courageous he can be, he will ditch his usual lax nature and instead become assertive, standing his ground and refusing to allow any harm to come to someone he cares for— peacefully, if he has any say in it. If it ever came to it, he would gladly do the same for a stranger if he felt they needed the help as well.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Hm, a curious mind, an adventurous spirit!
Oh, you could do so well in so many places, my boy
Legacy or not, I see you going far
But, let's see then... I think, for you, it'll be

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:16 pm
The Sorting Hat

The Forgotten Weasley
I had a dream that I stole the maps
I erased all the borders and that was that
I cut the power and spun the traps
I knocked down the walls and laid 'em flat

User Image
𝕘𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕠𝕟
𝕕𝕖𝕒𝕟
𝕖𝕕𝕘𝕖𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕙

PUREBLOOD │ FIRST YEAR │ UNSORTED

Gid probably should have felt like this was a more momentous occasion- he'd been waiting seemingly forever to make it to Hogwarts and be sorted, after all, but truth be told, he didn't particularly care where he ended up. It'd be annoying if the entirety of his close family ended up being in Slytherin except him, but Mum and Dad weren't going to like, disown him for not upholding the Edgeworth legacy. Besides, he wasn't sure he fancied the idea of sleeping in the dungeons anyways. With that in mind, he stepped forward when his name was called, only a bit self conscious. It was practically like his family here, with Professor Harlowe conducting the sorting- she'd taught his parents, too. He wondered how much stress they'd caused, for all they acted like they were such model students in their time, head boy and girl. He scrambled up on the stool, bracing himself.

OOC:
DISTRACTED
xxx»» Gideon is an easily distracted person who often has difficulty focusing on the bigger forest in lieu of the individual, far more interesting trees. He doodles when he should be taking notes and consistently 'glazes over' when someone is telling him something, particularly if it's in the style of a lecture. He hates to work on just one thing of a time and can often be seen multitasking (with varying degrees of success) or jumping from thing to thing. He doesn't do well in highly structured, rigid environments and would fail miserably at an office job.

IDLE
xxx»» Gideon is frequently called lazy, 'work-avoidant', and 'unmotivated', all of which have some grain of truth to them. If he has a vice, it's certainly sloth, and while he will help someone out if asked and isn't self-absorbed enough to force someone else to do all the work in the project, it can be difficult to get him to do much of anything without some prodding. If he had his way, he'd spend much of the day eating, sleeping, or just lounging around. It's not that he's depressed or uninterested in anything; he just didn't inherit his parents' ambition, and is stubborn enough to dig his heels in when someone tries to force him to do something.

AMIABLE
xxx»» Gideon is quite honestly a very difficult person to argue with. He's very laid-back and easygoing, usually keeping a calm, if a bit impulsive outlook. Even if he disagrees strongly with someone, he'd rather crack jokes and roll his eyes than really debate it out with them- that'd expend too much energy, and be, in his opinion, a waste of time. Gideon is generally very easy to get along with, so long as you're not actively antagonizing him, and is often unruffled and bemused when others are outraged and indignant. The only time he seems to become genuinely offended is when someone insults his family, particularly his sister.

HUMOROUS
xxx»» Gideon tends to see everything as a bit of a joke, and was the type of child who often succumbed to giggles or snickers when being scolded. He often finds things funny, even when others do not, and prefers to make light of most situations. Other people often view this as immature and at times frustrating, since Gideon can spend more time cracking jokes and making sly comments than actually trying to find a solution. However, this is often a coping mechanism, as he doesn't want to be too vulnerable and open with his emotions in front of others, particularly when he's upset or disappointed.

FLIPPANT
xxx»» Gideon can be very dry and sarcastic, which many people don't expect, coming from him. While he doesn't go around picking fights with anyone, when annoyed or upset he tends to revert to mockery, rather than raising his voice or throwing a punch. He'd much rather shame someone out of bad behavior than try to lecture them out of it, and enjoys knocking others down a peg or two when he feels they're being self righteous or worse, hypocritical. He is not overly respectful of authority, and was occasionally a bit of a troublemaker as a small child.

HUMBLE
xxx»» Gideon has many flaws, but arrogance is not one of them. He was raised to never lord himself over others, or to act as if he was better than anyone because his father was from a notable pureblood family or his mother was a successful auror. Gideon would never sneer or scoff at someone else, and was raised to treat everyone as equals, no matter their background. He despises displays of wealth or snobs, and is much more concerned with people's character, rather than their nice clothes or big house. If he does puff himself up, it's all joking, and his sense of humor is generally very self-deprecating; he rarely puts other people down while praising himself.

Username

I had a dream that I won the vote
I opened all the cages and drained the moats
I threw out a line and I hauled in the boats
I handed out flowers and welcome notes

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
No need to worry, my boy
You'll make your family proud, I'm sure
But you're certainly no snake
No, I think for you it should be

Hufflepuff!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:19 pm
The Sorting Hat

EmrysStorm
Everybody waiting for the fall of man
Everybody praying for the end of times
Everybody hoping they could be the one
I was born to run, I was born for this
User Image
User Image

MυɠɠʅҽႦσɾɳ 🌠 Uɳʂσɾƚҽԃ Fιɾʂƚ Yҽαɾ 🌠 ƜιƖɗ ƇнιƖɗ

Cassie was basically bouncing in place as she followed the line of first years into the Great Hall to finally (finnnaalllyyy!!) get sorted. She couldn't even completely enjoy the amazingness of the night sky floating around in the ceiling (or was it the ceiling?) because she was too excited about her sorting. It didn't really matter to her where she was going since both her parents had assured her that they'd love her regardless but sue her, she kinda wanted to get Gryffindor like them! Her name was called relatively quick, the brilliance of having a last name with "b," and she quickly went over to the stool and plopped herself down. "Alright Mr. Hat, or is it Ms. Hat? Do your thing!" she whispered.

Personality Loud, both in voice and spirit. Cassie likes to be both seen and heard and really doesn't mind being the center of attention. She loves being around people; especially her family, her mum and grandpop's band mates or even just the people at the Lyre. She's also very active not liking having to stay in one place for too long without something to do. A bored Cassie is not a happy Cassie. From a young age, her mother would always have activities or special scavenger hunts set in place for her so she'd have something to do, which grew into a love of adventure and a curiosity for the world and everything in it. She absolutely loves finding out new things and trying new things and it's her dream to somehow make a living off of it.

Whatever it takes
'Cause I love the adrenaline in my veins
I do whatever it takes
'Cause I love how it feels when I break the chains
Whatever it takes

{Wearing: Uniform} {Where: Great Hall} {With: Everyone} {Thoughts: Do your worst. Best. Whatever!}

Mister or Miss, it makes no real difference
Though people tend to think me a mister, I believe
But, onto you, my dear! Let's see then
Adventurous and outgoing, yes, you'll do well in

Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:23 pm
The Sorting Hat

Dragon Songcrafter

Midori Ryubi
- Pureblood - First Year - Unsorted -

When: Fall 2042
Where: Great Hall
With: Fellow 1st Years

Midori was nervously twisting his robes in his hands as he followed the line of first years into the Great Hall to get sorted. He couldn't fathom the intricacies of magic that must go into just the basics of the Great Hall. The spell and rune work that went into the ceiling alone was awing. Midori didn't even give a passing thought to where he might be sorted. It didn't really matter to him where he was going since neither of his parents had attended Hogwarts. It still awed him he had even gotten a letter! His name was called eventually, the annoyance of having a last name start with an "r", and he quickly shuffled over to the stool and elegantly sat himself down. "Hello Sorting Hat. I'm ready whenever you are," he whispered.

People can describe me as very quiet and timid upon meeting. Once I am familiar with a person I can become very motherly and domestic. I am very cleanly and organized. I can also be a bit absent-minded. I have a passion for learning that is only surpassed by my need to take care of those close to me. I can be very pessimistic about the world in general. I tend to hold grudges and can act aggressive once someone hurts or insults someone I care about but I'll rarely defend myself against similar actions. Though I know how to fight, I do not like physical violence. I am very calculated on my actions and am secretly a bit of a prankster.

Good to hear it, lad, now let's get to business
You're an interesting one, could go almost anywhere
But I think... I'd like to see what you do in

Hufflepuff!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:26 pm
The Sorting Hat

oyehh
User Image

User Image
                                              User Image
                                              Hamid could sympathise with Tracer, he'd miss Kimia too, no matter how childish or annoying she could get, although if she was so worried about her cousin then maybe she could just avoid her? "Maybe just stay away from her then? She's older, right?" It just seemed like a simple solution in his opinion. They said the castle was big so it shouldn't be hard. It only made sense to avoid the people you didn't like; he certainly wouldn't want to spend time with them and have them trouble him.

Her talk about houses almost made him dizzy with her referencing so many relatives and their houses and he could hardly keep track of them all. He settled for safely nodding in agreement. Any other replies he might have had fled in face of his horror when faced with the boats and Tracer's encouragement didn't really fill him with courage, no matter how confident she was in her abilities to keep them afloat in the water at night. "It's not falling over I'm worried about," he muttered, but he grudgingly followed after her, gingerly taking a seat in the most solid spot he could find. Of all the traits he could share with an anime hero, it had to be an aversion to transport and it just had to be from Fairy Tail's Natsu. It wasn't even funny. But he had no other choice but to suffer since he wasn't about to whine about being sick and create a commotion. "Then I hope they show themselves after we dock, that'd be nice," he said in response to Tracer's comment about mermaids and a squid. It was admittedly cool and his dad had a particular fondness for the squid but he resented the fact that even if they did appear during the journey, he'd be too sick to appreciate it.

The trip didn't take too long to Hamid's eternal gratitude—he barely kept his nausea under control—and was mostly uneventful save for someone falling into the water and almost before he knew it, they were taken to the large castle and were waiting in line in front of every other student and teacher in the school. He made himself stand still and silent, unlike many of his peers. It was hard to not at least tap his foot impatiently as he waited because he really wanted to just sit down with the rest and eat the delicious looking food on the table and he’d be lying if he wasn’t curious about the house he’d get put into. Like he told Tracer, he really didn't care about what he got and neither did his parents, although it would be nice if he got Gryffindor or Ravenclaw like either of them. Finally, his name got called and Hamid got up and took his seat a little too quickly for the image of calm he wanted to project but he couldn’t help himself.

TRAITS:
                                                  ↳ Competitive:
                                                      Hamid is naturally quite competitive and dislikes losing, whether it is in a team sports or not getting the best grades. However, Hamid's academic aptitude and skill in sports aren't natural talent but because of practice and effort so as a result, seeing people achieving similar results but barely putting any work irritates him and gives him a sense of rivalry.

↳ Impatient:
                                                      Hamid is impatient by nature and dislikes waiting in general. He likes instant gratification and he finds being forced to wait for something quite irritating, especially if he thinks that the waiting period is unecessary. As a result, Hamid can be a little short-tempered at times. Of course, there are instances where there is no choice but to wait and Hamid knows this so while he might dislike it, he would endure it grudgingly.

↳ Mature:
                                                      Hamid can be very mature, or at least, he tries to be. Family members who visited or whom they visited often complimented him for being quite the mature boy, both to him and to his parents and so he prides himself on being quite serious, straight-laced and just plain more 'grown-up' than many of his peers. As a result, he often takes himself too seriously and can be quite awkward because of it; there are also many times when his attempts to be mature just doesn't succeed, such as when he gets too excited or passionate about things he cares about or when he gets flustered.

↳ Protective:
                                                      He didn't show it much when he was younger but as he grew older, Hamid showed a protective streak, especially when it came to his younger sister Kimia who was a little too naive and trusting later as having her follow him around whenever she could caused them to run into Hamid's peers and older kids who didn't always like having a younger girl interrupting their games. This trait of his also extends towards his friends and his parents, the latter often whenever they visit their grandparents who are quite strict and hard to impress but seeing as they are older than him, he shouldn't be disrespectful and because he really does love them most of the time, Hamid bites his tongue.

↳ Proud:
                                                      Hamid isn't vain egotistic, but he is still quite a proud person. His achievements at school and his mature attitude endeared him to his family and his parents' considered him their pride, and so Hamid isn't one to look down upin himself. He doesn't put down others or feel superior, but he works to get his good grades and perform well at school so why shouldn't he be proud of that? On the flipside, he doesn't like to be teased or made fun of and he gets flustered too easily, which had the downside of causing him to get teased more by his friends and mocked by people he didn't like.

↳ Smart:
                                                      While not that perceptive, Hamid is still quite smart and understands concepts well and links ideas easily once he has the information. He's a quick thinker and is quite curious too; it helps him when it comes to his studies although there are times where he can be quite nosy.

WHERE the Great Hall tab tab tab WITH all the students and staff tab tab tab FEELING impatient

OOC xxx

Julian Galaksylph

In a rush, then, my boy?
Well, I'll not make you wait too long
I know just where to put you

Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:54 pm
User Image
                                          ╔═══════════════════╗
                                          Jordan Scheer
                                          Eleven Years Old - First Year - Unsorted
                                          ╚═══════════════════╝

Jordan had been watching the sorting, anxious the entire time. He watched as a couple of the kids he met get sorted into their rightful houses, but Cassidy's sorting interested him the most. His uncle's girlfriend's redheaded daughter was sorted into Gryffindor, which he now began to hope for. Both of his family members that attended Hogwarts were officially part of the lions.

HIGH-SPIRITED Jordan is a very lively, cheerful kid. He enjoys having fun and feeds off of the energy around him. If others are in a good mood,
                                          he will usually be as well.

EXCITABLE Jordan gets excited about everything very easily. Just the mention of something new or stimulating excites him, and he can't wait to do it,
                                          whatever "it" is.

VINDICTIVE When anyone does Jordan any harm, whether as a joke or not, he has a strong desire to get back at them, even if he takes it a step too far.
                                          FAITHFUL If he promises to do something for somebody, or promises not to do something, he will stick to his word. Jordan always puts those he cares about ahead of everyone else, and even ahead of himself at times.
                                          GULLIBLE Jordan believes anything anyone tells him. It doesn't take too much effort to convince him of anything, especially once he discovered he has magical abilities. That meant magic was real, and who knew what else was real that most people believed to be fake.
                                          IMAGINATIVE His imagination tends to run wild at times. Although while playing games it could be a good thing, he finds himself jumping to the wildest scenarios and conclusions before allowing himself to have a chance to hear the truth.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

When you see my f a c e, I hope it gives you hell
                                          When you w a l k my way, I hope it gives you hell

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:56 pm
The Sorting Hat

CEOxJOE
User Image

There were many students around the Hall. This orientation was going on splendidly. He was certainly enjoying himself. The first years are making friends and some are befriending a few upperclassmen. He made his first friend outside, on the way to Hogwarts. During the student's fun, it was to be put to a halt for the sorting. As Alex watched, students would come up to to the professors and a hat that is imbued with magic; in short, a talking hat would speak and read a student's being. And then place them in a house. Eventually, it was time for Alex's turn. He stood up and walked to the seat where he will be sorted into his house. He hopes not to be placed in Slytherin.

Honorable He believes in keeping his word; "A man is not a man if he can't hold his responsibilities". He doesn't like doing things deceitful.
Clerver He is very bright and quick to learn and or appl,y ideas.
Loyal He is very loyal to those who are close to him or those who have a strong bond with.
Quiet He isn't shy, he is only a bit silent. He can talk to people and socialize, but in most cases, it is when he is being talked to, invited to a conversation, or if it is purposeful (Ex: event, assignment, greeting)
Dedicated He isn't afraid to lose, but he will do his best not to give up and he surely doesn't like to give up and dedicated to whatever task given to him
Respectful He will be the first to give respect for he thinks to get respect you must give it. However, by ' crossing a certain line', he will take it away.

Not Slytherin? Well, let's see then
Honest and dependable, with an admirable tenacity?
Yes, I think you'll do quite well in

Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:00 pm
The Sorting Hat

kiska166
User Image
                                          ╔═══════════════════╗
                                          Jordan Scheer
                                          Eleven Years Old - First Year - Unsorted
                                          ╚═══════════════════╝

Jordan had been watching the sorting, anxious the entire time. He watched as a couple of the kids he met get sorted into their rightful houses, but Cassidy's sorting interested him the most. His uncle's girlfriend's redheaded daughter was sorted into Gryffindor, which he now began to hope for. Both of his family members that attended Hogwarts were officially part of the lions.

HIGH-SPIRITED Jordan is a very lively, cheerful kid. He enjoys having fun and feeds off of the energy around him. If others are in a good mood,
                                          he will usually be as well.

EXCITABLE Jordan gets excited about everything very easily. Just the mention of something new or stimulating excites him, and he can't wait to do it,
                                          whatever "it" is.

VINDICTIVE When anyone does Jordan any harm, whether as a joke or not, he has a strong desire to get back at them, even if he takes it a step too far.
                                          FAITHFUL If he promises to do something for somebody, or promises not to do something, he will stick to his word. Jordan always puts those he cares about ahead of everyone else, and even ahead of himself at times.
                                          GULLIBLE Jordan believes anything anyone tells him. It doesn't take too much effort to convince him of anything, especially once he discovered he has magical abilities. That meant magic was real, and who knew what else was real that most people believed to be fake.
                                          IMAGINATIVE His imagination tends to run wild at times. Although while playing games it could be a good thing, he finds himself jumping to the wildest scenarios and conclusions before allowing himself to have a chance to hear the truth.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

When you see my f a c e, I hope it gives you hell
                                          When you w a l k my way, I hope it gives you hell

It's natural to want to be among those you know
But I think there's something to be said for new experiences
Meeting new people, trying new things
You'll do plenty of both in

Hufflepuff!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

dot-hacksbreeze

Sparkly Fatcat

3,650 Points
  • Do not use 0
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:52 am
⚙⚙ℂ:
𝓛𝔦𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔲𝔴 𝓛𝔦𝔭𝔭𝔢 || 𝓐𝔤𝔢: ⑪ || 𝓨𝔢𝔞𝓻 1
☆════━━━━━┈┈┈┈┈ • ☾ • ┈┈┈┈┈━━━━━════☆
User Image
𝕿𝖔𝖈𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓:Great Hall

Lillium watched in a daze as the other students were being sorted and how grateful they were to find the place they belonged in what would be their home for the next year. She was nervous, what if she didn't place in a house that would accept her and her sturdy nature? Would she be able to cope with that and still make friends? Lillium could only think of one friend that she'd ever made, as most kids tended to shy away from her once she opened her mouth. However as she looked around the vast space of the hall she noticed how beautiful it was, she knew then that she may not need friends as this large structure could give her years of adventure and had plenty of halls for her to seek. Lillum also knew that if she buried herself in her studies so that socializing wouldn't even matter to her but, that still lacked some luster as she read in every book that every good adventurer had at least one companion. She stared up at the stool with the hat sitting on it, waiting for the next lively young head to sit on, then she heard her name be called and all of sudden she wasn't ready, it was too soon. She stood straight and rolled her shoulders back to stand proud so hopefully none could notice her anxiety as she walked to the seat, she looked closely at the hat, admiring it's worn fabric expression and felt a wave of power roll over her as she thought of how many other her exact age had done this and thought nothing of it at all. She could do this, as many before her had. She waited for the placement hat to be put upon her head after she took her seat with quick ease.

☆════━━━━━┈┈┈┈┈ • ☾ • ┈┈┈┈┈━━━━━════☆

Personality
People can describe me as a very curious girl with a bit of a complex when it comes to understanding her place in the universe. She likes to avoid conflict in most cases unless a rampant impulse compels her, or she really dislikes that person's way of approach and behavior although she too has a bit of an aggressive side that doesn't clash well with other hot headed individuals. Lillium can come off a rather blunt and brutish person for her small and thin physique but overall her greatest wish is to help and be of aid.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:48 am

Eiji Clarke
1st Year | Half-Blood | Unsorted

Eiji bounced into the Great Hall with the rest of the new 1st years. He couldn't believe he was finally here! For years his dad had recounted stories of his own experience at the ancient castle. Eiji was so giddy! His head whipped around in every direction, trying to see everything at once.

He hoped there would be other manga enthusiast here; but even if there wasn't that was okay. He's just have to introduce them to the wonders of it! Plus he finally got to learn practical magic! With a wand! Eiji was so busy mentally going over everything he needed to see and do, he nearly missed his name being called.

Eiji skipped merrily up to the stool and flopped down. "All right Hat! Let's get this party started!" Eiji practically shouted in glee.

People can describe me as
-Loud and very active: I have been told I don't know how to be quite. I am constantly running around or blasting music at incredibly high decibels. Even when reading, writing and drawing; I am fidgety or make sound effects to match my art or words (either read or wrote).
-Surprisingly respectful/protective (to those I like): I can be very respectful once I like or admire someone. I will be quick to anger and defense if I believe someone I like/respect is being bulled, bath-mouthed or hurt. That is where my prankster side really comes out. I also tend to prank those I think take advantage of their position and those that use their position to bully others.
-Quarrelsome: I tend to be very argumentative with people by questioning their action, knowledge and behavior. I can be prompted to argue over the smallest and sometimes silliest things, especially when my more impulsive acts (ie pranks) are thwarted or criticized.
-Modest: I am very modest and know I have a lot to learn both about the world in general and in my chosen career. I know the limits of my skill and am always willing to learn.
-Messy: I am extremely messy in general. I have been told I have horrible table manners. I tend to strew things about and can get very angry if people move my things. My mess is organized chaos to me.

When | Fall 2042
Where | Great Hall
With | Unsorted 1st Years
Feeling | Excited

shadow_the_kit

Cluttered Phantom

12,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Novasse

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:33 am
User Image
Deoiridh
Mary
MacDhubhghail

Unsorted │ First Year │ Eleven Years Old │ Single

Trailing in the back of the new first year students was everyone's favorite girl with the worst name to be found in this group. When she had been asked for a name she gave her nickname in stead. Better a chance for people to not mess up a three letter word. The students around here were as giddy and eager as they could be for this...talking hat(?) to sort them into their given houses. It was turning out to be quite the strange start to a school semester she had ever seen. It was a shame the kids back home wouldn't hear about it, only that she had gone away to a private school all of a sudden. The kids in front of her slowly began to trickle into their respective tables with the other members. Butterflies were in her stomach already. That prancing and bouncing kid in front of her seemed excited about this. It reminded her of Tam's brother back home and caused her to snicker to herself.

When it came time for her sorting, Ori anxiously went to the stood and sat down. She watched as the hat was lowered onto her. "Don't know how you're talkin', but can ya pit me in a good hoose?"

SHORT-TEMPERED Always a bit of a sore spot for me. I'm easily frustrated. Once you set me off, I can huff and puff longer than any one can.
BLUNT I've been told I don't beat around the bush much. When something needs to be said, I say it like it is, no sugar coating it.
INDEPENDENT I've been doing things solo for a while now. I can work when in a group but am better when there's nobody to really distract me.
CAREFREE Everyone's always stressing out over the future and all the work that needs doing all the time, but I'm not into that. Better to do a little bit at a time than to do everything in one session.
STUBBORN Ma always said I had a lot of her in me. Despite how many times she keeps saying it, it sure don't seem true.
REBELLIOUS Rules were meant to broken. Besides, how can you have fun without getting in trouble?

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:31 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
▬▬"Just as there are two sides to every story, there are two sides to every person. " ▬▬

Vespera walked up to the Sorting hat when her name was called. She had seen several others be sorted already. She looked at all the first years that had come in. She nodded to herself and sat down. She knew that the hat would put her where she belonged, where she could grow into a proper witch and not be affiliated with the muggleborn mother of hers the rest of her life. She thought loudly in her head, "Look hat, I don't know how much you understand, but please let me go somewhere I'll be able to become a strong witch and not be held back by the muggle world. It's already put me back far enough, I don't want to be affiliated with them for the rest of my life." Vespera desperately hoped the hat could hear her and put her in a proper house, or any house besides Gryffindor. The ones she met over the summer, none of them had gone in Gryffindor... she didn't want to start the year without knowing ANYONE in her house.

Personality:
Shy Vespera is never one to start a conversation. She would always much rather stay alone and do her own thing when it comes to a new crowd. She speaks softly usually, having those around her be close when she tells them something.
Stubborn Vespera is not one to back down, she will fight until she has proven her point. If she has stopped fighting, it's usually because shehas decided to subtly fgive you reasons why she's right.
Friendly Although Vespera is shy, she is friendly. She doesn't make friends very easily though, only when those first come to befriend her. However, once she befriends you, there is not a more loyal friend, unless there's a better opportunity which involves stabbing you in the back.
Respectful Vespera respects her elders and those who are loyal to her. However, if one is disrespectful towards her, she will reciprocate.
Clumsy There's not often a time when Vespera is headed somewhere that she doesn't trip over her own two feet.
Entertaining Inevitably, when you have one as stubborn, short, and clumsy as Vespera is, you get someone who is always entertaining to be around.

▬▬ "Within each of us is the capacity for both good and evil." ▬▬

Where: Sorting Hat
With Whom: The Firsties
Thinking about: What house..not Gryffindor... I don't know anyone in Gryffindor...
Vespera Description: Short 4' even, blond hair, green eyes and slight tan.
Wearing: Green dress with laced sleeves with school robes over top.
OOC:

_____

_____

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Fuzzymelonlord

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:08 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Company
Fellow First Years
Mood
Proud

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Hearing her name called, a small smug grin slid onto her face. This was her moment, one that her stupid brothers couldn't take away from her. Keeping her posture proper, back straight and head held high, Aurelia made her way up to the stool to be sorted. "Make your decision, Hat. I know whichever house I am sent to will be what is best for me." Her words may have seemed rather polite and kind to the unsuspecting ear, but honestly it didn't matter which house she was put into. She would make her dreams a reality no mater where she was sent.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
OOC
Speak here

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

TRAIT Dramatic Aurelia is a rather...spoiled child, and tends to be a bit outlandish in her actions if she doesn’t get her way. This is usually shown through conniving plans to manipulate people into giving her what she wants.
TRAIT Observant Because of her status and the way she was raised, Aurelia is fairly good at noticing small details and reading people, but just because she notices something doesn’t mean she will care.
TRAIT Prudent Because of her desires to be the head of her family, despite her gender, Aurelia tends to think ahead, trying her best to make herself allies that will want her to rise in rank as well, being one example.
TRAIT Abrasive Aurelia tends to be a bit selfish, if her actions don’t hurt or bother those she has deemed ‘worthy allies’ then she doesn’t care about how people react to her actions.
TRAIT Narcissistic She is extremely concerned with her looks and has been since a very young age. She is not really the type of person to willingly get her hands dirty. Because of this she tends to stick with the latest fashion trends as well.
TRAIT Unforgiving If someone does something to her that makes her upset, it is unlikely that she will ever forgive them. Currently only 4 people have gotten this far onto her bad side. Those 4 would be her 3 brothers and her father.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:14 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Company
Fellow First Years
Mood
Excited

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

As other students were being sorted, Eirian couldn't keep his eyes still. He glanced around the Great Hall, taking in every detail so he could tell Felicity about it in great detail in his first letter home. Of course their mother had described the school to the children before but....to be honest her descriptions were a bit lacking.

At the sound of his name being called, Eirian practically dashed to the stool so he could receive his placement. "Oh, before I'm sorted. I want to make a request. When my little sister Felicity gets sorted tell her I said hi. She should be starting in 2 years. " He thought it would be pretty funny if the hat would agree. He hoped it would.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
OOC
Speak here

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

TRAIT Strategic Because of his passion for the different sports he enjoys, Eirian has dedicated a lot of time to studying different strategies from former winning and losing teams to help him work better. He enjoys the concept that one plan could either be the downfall or victory for a team.
TRAIT Creative Eirian tends to think outside the box for a lot of things and he uses that to further him in all aspects of his life. Whether it be in sports of just his general daily life. It’s also a means to keep him from hitting any mental funks.
TRAIT Friendly Eirian loves talking to people, learning about them and making friends. Sometimes he can be a bit overwhelming and can even come off as clingy or annoying to the wrong people.
TRAIT Competitive Eirian loves winning, the thrill of it all gets him going. Because of this, he spends a lot of time studying and memorizing things that he feels will help him progress. Especially if it has to do with Quidditch or Baseball, his two favorite sports.
TRAIT Optimistic Not much can get Eirian down, and he tends to be rather thick skinned. He likes looking towards the bright side of life, because he knows that if he doesn’t then he might return to the bad mental state he had as a child.
TRAIT Curious One of Eirian’s favorite things to do is ask someone “why?”, he enjoys hearing people explain things. It gives him new mindsets and opens his eyes to things he hasn’t really thought of.

Fuzzymelonlord

addaellis

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:45 pm
The sky we’re looking at today

Sonora Li
first year || unsorted || halfblood

Sonora followed her fellow first years into the Great Hall, trying desperately to stay on the edges of the crowd. As they entered, she caught her breath taking in the sight of the house colors flying overhead the tables. She followed in awe. But as the Sorting began, her nerves and excitement did battle along her neurons.

As soon as her acceptance letter had come, her grandparents had come by Floo and amidst congratulations, began a debate as to which house Sonora would be in. Granda, a former Gryffindor, had decided that Sonora's love of stories and adventures made her a "natural Gryffindor"; Grandma had shut him down ruthlessly, deciding that Sonora's diligence and reflective nature made her a better candidate for her own Slytherin house. They'd argued on that the same had been said for Sonora's mother, who'd ended up a staunch Ravenclaw. She remarked with more smugness than she could hide that she was certain Sonora had picked up the "temperament of rigorous academic study and research". And finally her father piped up, reminding them that the patriarch of the Winchester line had been an excellent Hufflepuff and that she had retained his definitive hope for the future. Sonora had left the station at King's Cross that morning with four scarves thrown over her shoulders--one in each house's color-- and her father's amused assurance that no matter which House she was selected for, she would be a wonderful contribution and everyone would still love her.

Memories of these debates kept flittering through her mind as Sonora counted how the students before her were sorted and wondered if the distribution of students sorted each year was always equal, so much so that she wasn't certain if she ought to be focused on her memories or questions.

Finally the professor called her name. Sonora took a calming breath as the brim of the hat blocked out the crowd and imagined presenting her mind as openly as possible to the hat, trying not to color it with her own nervous excitement.

POSITIVE Sonora believes everyone can be happy, that there doesn't need to be an antagonist, and that everything will definitely be alright. She’s not actually an idealist--she knows things won’t always go smoothly, but she’s going to stubbornly believe that it’ll work out in the end, or at least happen for a reason. And that means that we can be cheerful in the moment. She always sees the silver lining--or at least tries to.

REFLECTIVE A childhood of metacognitive assessments and tasks has made a habit of discussing feelings, organizing thoughts, and analyzing situations with someone close to her. Although she still gets emotional about her mistakes and failures, she’s used to organizing her thoughts for improvement.

FOCUSED Her father might have had to coordinate multiple projects at a time, but Sonora only ever saw the one happening then. When she’s somewhere or with someone, she paying attention to that, or at least focusing on what she could be doing in context. It’s not that she doesn’t get distracted, but rather she has strategies for managing them. She’s inclined to focus on one idea or technique and learn to apply it as best she can in the time allotted.

SHELTERED Sonora grew up surrounded by adults from faraway lands and her exposure to the magical world has been primarily through tales and novels. Her schedule was always structured around her family, her teachers, and her few friends. Further, her life is filled with more examples of collaboration than competition-- she’s never had reason to be dishonest or untrusting.

RESERVED It's not a matter of greeting people or making polite conversation and seeing the interaction through, or even opening up if the situation could use it. She’d love to see everyone happy and enjoys helping people out in small ways, but ultimately her priority is going to be on her and hers.

could be brighter tomorrow.

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games