Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ● Uptown Soleil
Soleil Park Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 151 152 153 154 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rhun Tolihzeh

The Committee Staff Vampire

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:43 am
User Image
User ImageUser Image

"I see, that would explain why I never saw anything like her before. She sure catches attention. I happened to notice her as I was flying over. Nice to meet you Ryne." he agreed and smiled. He then tilted his head before he chuckled. "Oh right, I haven’t even introduced myself yet. Sorry about that. My name is Oleandor and I arrived here in Soleil not that long ago. Moved in from the city." he spoke and looked at them both. The robot was indeed quite interesting, not that the lapine could ever hope to understand how she was put together. He was smart, but had no knowledge of such advanced technology.

"Hm, I met someone much like you. He is a man that lives in Doux and he is an engineer as well. In fact he owns a large toy company for toys he himself designed and created together with his fellow engineers. Mind you I haven’t seen him around much, so I am not sure how likely you are to run into him." he said with a smile. Perhaps they could talk about tech stuff together if they ever met. "Do you come to the park often?" he asked curiously. He did come here regularly, but he still wanted to explore the forest on Mykronos sometime soon.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

[Address : 1115 Etoile]xxx[Profile: ID Card]

User Image
    [Where : Park] xxx

[With : New person and robot Ryne] xxx

[Thinking : Things] xxx

OOC: Heat mushing my brain…I hope this works. Summer in full strength here crying xxx

"Oleandor Speaking"
    Voice Claim: Voice Claim: Jason Charles Miller
    Quotes: xxx

xXGhostStalker

-

-

'THOUGHTS'

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:30 pm
User Image
User Image

Ayluin looked around as he walked into the park where he had agreed to meet with his friend Driz. The weather was still really cold to the moonelf. He shivered a bit but didn’t let it stop him as he continued to the destination. Most of the snow seemed to have melted, but the sun was still too weak to really warm up the area it seemed. "I don’t get why some people seem to love this type of weather." the young man muttered softly as he stepped off the path and instead walked into the more covered area. Since it was training that was going to be their goal today, they wouldn’t be too close to other people. Safety and all that. Ayluin still didn’t feel thrilled about fighting suddenly of course. But if anything the past months had taught him, it was that this world was not as safe as he once used to think. He didn’t want to just watch them get hurt or worse, he wanted to be able to defend himself, so he wouldn’t be a distraction and hindrance if ever a fight happened near them, as well as the others.

The moonelf shivered once more when a cold breeze passed by and he wrapped his arms around for a moment. It didn’t take long before he stepped into an area away from prying eyes, and therefore safe to train in where no one could accidentally get hurt, and he stopped. This was the place from the instructions he had. He didn’t see Driz yet or perhaps they were not far, but if they were hiding away it would be difficult to spot them either way. Ayluin lifted his hands up in front of his face cupping them and blew some warm air on his fingers. Now he wished he would have thought about bringing a pair of gloves. This city seemed to have special ones for weather like this. He did wear a warm jacket and scarf at least. He wasn’t wearing very thick clothes however. Since mobility was needed today, he was wearing faded blue jeans and sneakers, a new type of shoe he found here in Soleil, black shirt and black hoodie under the jacket.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

[Playlist : Link]xxx[Profile: Link]
User Image

[Where : Soleil Park] xxx

[With : Driz?] xxx

[Notables : special or eye catching things on Ay]
Royal mark on his forehead.

"Ay speaking"
OOC: Words Words xxx
User Image
’Lughnasadh’

Dragon Ouragan

-

-

Rhun Tolihzeh

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100

Dragon Ouragan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:42 am
Rhun Tolihzeh

User Image
`.¸¸.´¯`.¸¸.´¯`.¸¸.´¯`.¸¸.´`.¸¸.´¯`.¸¸.´¯`.¸¸.´¯`.¸¸.´
A Secret Missive I Am A Drow My Voice Home Base: 1110 Etoile District My Occupation: Potions Cashier
≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Driz had been waiting for about fifteen minutes at the edge of the park for his young student, blending in with the shadows of the trees. As Ay moved, Driz followed along until he had a good idea of where Ay would be going. Then he sped up and passed the young elf, though keeping to the shadows so as to minimize his chances of being detected. He waited in the middling boughs of a tree. Eventually Ayluin arrived and stood still, apparently not aware of Driz’s presence. ”You’re not going to be cold for long, my student,” he thought as he carefully descended through the limits, pausing only at the lowest limb long enough to swing himself down. He landed silently in a crouch, his cellphone in hand as if it were a dagger. Moving swiftly but cautiously, he narrowed the tiny gap between them until he was practically upon Ayluin. The second his presence might have been noted, he extended the cellphone and held it to Ay’s back. ”Good morning, Ay. Thank you for being so punctual. Aren’t you glad I’m an ally and this is definitely not a knife.” To some this might seem a cruel way to start training, but had it been he who was being trained back in the Underdark, it would have been a real knife and his instructor likely would have stabbed him at least a little.

Once he felt Ay had gotten the message about just how easy it had been to sneak up on him, Driz slid the phone back into the front pocket of his black slacks and donned a kindly smile…which may have been more intimidating than the fake knife. He wore a tattered black cloak which seemed to swathe him in darkness, well-oiled black leather boots, and a cheap pair of sunglasses. Yeah, they kinda killed the image but eye health was more important than looking spoopy. ”I’m looking forward to this, I haven’t really had much of a chance to practice one-armed. I need to learn a new way to fight. But enough about me, tell me, what do you already know? What do you perceive are your strengths and weaknesses? You already mentioned you want to learn defense in general, but sometimes the best defense is offense.” An assassin’s dagger with your name on it wasn’t much of a threat if the assassin was already dead.

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎
Comrades: Ay My Status: Engaged to Ceres Calisto Demeanor: Trying not to enjoy himself too much Pain: Obviously Obsessed with Ceres: Sorry Ay

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:21 pm
User Image
User Image

Ayluin was decidedly distracted by the cold he felt. It was not something he had tried hard to get used to if he had to be honest. Often staying inside unless he had to go out for a small job, which were scarce in winter, or for groceries and the like. He noticed precious little of his surroundings until he came to the location of their training and looked around to see if his friend was there. When he saw no one he assumed they were still on their way. Shortly after though, he startled and gave a sound of surprise when he suddenly felt something against his back. His heart was thumping with the surprise but he felt relieved at the same time when he heard a familiar voice behind him. Had this been a test? If so, even the moonelf realized he had failed hard. Ayluin hadn’t noticed anything until the last. He sighed in relief after hearing Driz’s voice and the light pressure in his back was gone. Turning to face the drow he smiled.

"Goodmorning Driz. I always do my best to be on time. That really startled me." he admitted, more at ease now he knew who was behind him just now. He should have been more observant it seemed. It was he who asked for training. Looking at his friend he couldn’t help but notice the disruption between their outfit and the sunglasses but he didn’t laugh at them. After all, he knew how sensitive they were to daylight. "I’m glad to hear it will help you as well, I hope it helps you learn with one arm too. Thank you for agreeing to help me with this." he said, grateful they were taking the time for it. When he was given the latter question though he had to think for a moment. He had his healing but that was more useful after a battle or if there were more people in the fight that could keep him safe as he healed. "I am pretty good at conjuring a shield. It keeps me, or others in it, safe from any harm while it is up, but it can be really difficult to keep up for longer times, especially with more people to shield. I also have my illusions of course. They are starting to look more corporal and realistic. I’ve just started studying those however, so I’m limited to which I can conjure as well as to what I have seen personally. Both can help me in a pinch to make it out of trouble, but…I wouldn’t know what to do if either of those failed me." he admitted reluctantly. There was something about admitting your strengths and weaknesses out loud.

[Playlist : Link]xxx[Profile: Link]
User Image

[Where : Somewhere in Soleil Park] xxx

[With : Driz] xxx

"Ay speaking"
User Image
’Lughnasadh’

Katze Allemon-Schatten

-

-

Rhun Tolihzeh

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100

Dragon Ouragan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:29 pm
Rhun Tolihzeh

User Image
A Secret Missive I Am A Drow My Voice Home Base: 1110 Etoile District My Occupation: Potions Cashier
≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

He waited patiently for the answers, nodding every so often to signify he had heard and was analyzing everything that had been said. Though a moment later it dawned on him that a question had been posed much earlier he had yet to answer. ”How much experience do you have in fights? If you have little I’m afraid the first thing you need to learn is how to take a hit and keep going. That will mostly entail posture and rolls. Hope you don’t mind getting grass stains on those clothes. Afterwards we can move on to how to hit someone as well as how to block and/or dodge hand-to-hand attacks. I believe that is all we will be able to get through today, but in the future I would like to teach you more advanced maneuvers, basic attacks, how to defend yourself against an armed opponent, how to disarm someone, and things you need to notice about your opponents and situation in order to know how you should act. It is a lot, but with much practice you should be able to handle many situations. Though defense against guns is dicey business.” His look had been steady and serious, but he allowed himself a slight smirk, ”As for your earlier…comment, this kind of weather is preferable to some as it is more like what they are used to or it is associated with fond memories. I was brought up in a cool environment myself, though not quite so chilly as this.” He waited just a moment to see if the implications of his comment would hit his student, but either way he explained. ”Yes, I was close enough to you when you entered the park that I could hear you speaking. I followed you most of the way here. But do not beat yourself up too much about it, I have been relying upon stealth now for almost six hundred years. Also my cloak helps me blend in with the shadows. A drow design, of course.” He hated the society from whence he came, but he had to admit they did make some impressive magical devices.

As he had suspected, Ay affirmed he had not really gotten into fights before. ”Don’t worry, I won’t be hitting you, yet. Now, to avoid getting hit in the first place, you want to show your opponent as little of yourself as possible. Turn your hips to the side so that you have your side facing the opponent. The forward foot should be turned towards your opponent while the back is perpendicular. Of course, you should keep your head turned towards your opponent so that you can see what they are doing. Most people are flexible enough for this.” As he gave instructions he would model them for Ay. ”I would keep my left side towards my opponent since I have an arm on that side, but you may choose whichever side feels more comfortable.” For purposes of demonstration, he had chosen Ay as his opponent, and so he could watch as Ay got into position, giving small critiques as needed. ”See how little surface area is available to hit as compared to when I turn my entire body towards you?” He was not a large man, but even still there was an obvious difference in surface area. ”Moreover, you are shielding most of your vital points.” They probably wouldn’t need to practice this part much, but Driz would not proceed until Ay could fall into this position without hesitation.

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎
Comrades: Ay My Status: Engaged to Ceres Calisto Demeanor: Serious Commander Pain:⚕︎⚕︎⚕︎⚕︎⚕︎ Obviously Obsessed with Ceres: Ay’s got a long road ahead of him.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:30 pm
User Image
User Image

The moonelf thought carefully about his answers to Driz about his powers. Focusing on those that seemed to be more useful in a fight when he had no backup. Even if he could heal, he couldn’t heal himself so far. When he finished he looked at what his friend would say, after all it wasn’t a lot of powers to rely on. Most of his skills were either new to him, or wouldn’t help in offense. Hearing their next question though, he felt even more nervous for a moment. Learning how to take hits was not something he had thought of, not that he would retreat now. He wanted to learn. Ayluin listened until the very end of the introduction, nodding to show he understood, before he would comment. "I don’t mind if my clothes get a bit dirty. They do when I work on the gardens too. I’ll just wash them later." he said in reply. After all, he was aware he might get stained during training, being outside and all.

"That sounds like a lot and I will admit I am a little nervous, but also determined to learn. I will pay attention and learn like no other." he promised. He was genuine about it too. He would be a very attentive student. The moonelf looked at Driz dumbfounded when they answered his comment from a while earlier. They had been nearby that long? He really did drop the ball on watching the surroundings. Before he could feel down about it though, he heard his ebony skinned friend about his experience and the cloak and nodded. It still made him feel a bit bad, like he had to do better, but it helped to know experience and magic had tricked him as well. "I come from a very warm forest, so this is all new to me. This cold and this…snow as they called it." he admitted.

After that they returned to the lesson itself and the moonelf was relieved to hear they wouldn’t try hitting today. Even if the ‘yet’ was a little ominous. But perhaps he would be more prepared by then. Ayluin watched Driz as they took the posture they were explaining and listened carefully. He nodded when he was told that his teacher would turn his left side to the enemy, it made sense as he listened to more about this stance. The left side being the one with the arm his friend still had, would be their strong side. So when he got the go to get into the stance he just got modeled, he turned his right side towards Driz. That was his dominant side after all. It took some extra comments and a bit of help from the veteran warrior, but after a while the moonelf managed to take on the appropriate pose, though still a bit tense due to unfamiliarity. His right foot in front and his back straight, which he had at first instinctively bent forward a bit in the different pose, and his face turned towards the drow. It still felt awkward to stand like this but the elf trusted Driz to steer him right.

He listened to their words as he also tried to get used to this new stance and watched them closely as they pointed it out and nodded with a smile. "I see, it does look safer than standing all front and broad." he admitted. He glanced from Driz to his own body when they spoke of vital points, a term he had read about when doing some research, and he could see they were right. The way they were standing right now, their chest and stomach and all between it was away from the would-be attacker. Still getting used to the way he was standing he was starting to feel his muscles protest a bit, but he ignored it. He chose this and he wouldn’t turn away now. He wouldn’t let any of his friends get hurt again, Erik and Driz included, if he could help it. And if that meant getting used to physical melee battle, then he would become the best fighter he could be. Thinking this his mind strayed a bit towards Erik and how they were home a lot less lately. Were they in trouble again? He hoped not.

[Address : 1203 Pasadena]xxx[Profile: Link]
User Image

[Where : Soleil Park] xxx

[With : Driz] xxx

[Thinking : Foot forward, back straight, keep looking at the opponent…I can do that!] xxx

Royal mark on his forehead.

"Ay speaking"
User Image
’Lughnasadh’

Katze Allemon-Schatten

-

-

Rhun Tolihzeh

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100

Dragon Ouragan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:32 pm
Rhun Tolihzeh

User Image
≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

It had been quite a while since he had trained someone completely new to combat. In fact, the last one he had trained from the beginning was…Alaka… He mentally chastized himself for thinking such sentimental thoughts when there was clearly still work to be done. ”In time it will come naturally to you, but for now let us move on to something else so this doesn’t become quite so tedious. Rolls are of paramount importance. They allow you to absorb some of the blow of a blunt weapon and they can give you space to regroup. There are three in particular you should learn as each of them move you in different directions. The easiest of the three, in my opinion, is the one that keeps you in the same place. It’s good for if you want to stay exactly where you are but aren’t interested in lying prone. Figure out which side you think is going to fall first, and make sure to land in a sitting position but tilted to that side. Use your momentum to roll on the back of your seat until you are leaning slightly to your other side. While rolling you’ll need to get your legs under you enough to be able to launch onto them once you’ve completed that semi-circle roll. I know it sounds complex, but I think it will be easier to execute than it is to understand without seeing it. When you start trying it, I’ll give you a push to give you some momentum. Much easier that way. I’ll demonstrate as slowly as I can, but the slower you go the harder it is and I’m not in as great of shape as I used to be.” In as slow of motion as he could manage, he folded his legs under him and slowly dropped to the right side. Since he was going so slowly he had to give a slight kick with his legs to give him enough momentum for the side change, but as soon as they had gotten that momentum they curled in ready for him to rise onto once he had been brought around. ”I’ll do it quickly one time, so you can see what it would actually look like.” It would have been easier if Ay could have given him a shove, but dropping quickly though carefully gave him just enough momentum to execute the roll with no problem. ”Think you are ready to try? I’ll give you a shove so you have better momentum. Just let me know when you are ready.” Personally he thought rolls were rather fun, but he supposed it could be hard on a body at first. But it was a hell of a lot easier than getting knocked to your a** and stuck prone.

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎
Comrades: Ay My Status: Engaged to Ceres Calisto Demeanor: Strict Pain: ⚕︎⚕︎⚕︎⚕︎⚕︎ Obviously Obsessed with Ceres: Sorry it is short.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:30 pm
User Image

User Image
User Image
Companion: Her AI-controlled Angora Rabbit, Ryne

Housing: 1100 Etoile Housing District
Profile: Serena's Information!

"With my spells and technological mind..."

◆ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◆▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◆▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◆▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◆▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◆
★▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Serena tilted her head as he introduced himself to her. "My name's Serena. I've been in the city for a while myself. I originally planned on just visiting to check up on my sister and see how she's doing but I ended up living here." She scratched the back of her head. It all happened rather fast. She grew to like the city plus she had a rather strong bond with her sister. "A toy company, huh? I wonder..."

Ryne hovered around behind her and gently rammed into the back of her head. "I know what you're thinking about. Don't get any ideas. Toys aren't meant to be played with, not to be brought to life." With Serenas' success at bringing technology to life in a literal sense, she has always wanted to try and replicate the process but have always failed and the results weren't always good. Ryne let out a mechanical sigh as she looked over at Oleandor. "To answer your question, we often stroll through the park. On days like this, it can be...relaxing for living people. I am an AI controlled machine so these feelings are incomprehensible to me"

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀★
◆ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◆▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◆▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◆▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◆▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◆

"...there is no end to the possibilities!"

Personal thoughts (OOC):

Rhun Tolihzeh

xXGhostStalker

Hilarious Reveler

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:55 pm
x
x
x
x
тнυяsםαч, נαиυαяч ②④тн

םαч ④ σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч ④⑦③
( ① чєαя, ③ мσитнs, ①⑧ םαчs )

● Uptown Soleil

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 151 152 153 154 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games