Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:04 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The Sorting Hat

shadow_the_kit

Eiji Clarke
1st Year | Half-Blood | Unsorted

Eiji bounced into the Great Hall with the rest of the new 1st years. He couldn't believe he was finally here! For years his dad had recounted stories of his own experience at the ancient castle. Eiji was so giddy! His head whipped around in every direction, trying to see everything at once.

He hoped there would be other manga enthusiast here; but even if there wasn't that was okay. He's just have to introduce them to the wonders of it! Plus he finally got to learn practical magic! With a wand! Eiji was so busy mentally going over everything he needed to see and do, he nearly missed his name being called.

Eiji skipped merrily up to the stool and flopped down. "All right Hat! Let's get this party started!" Eiji practically shouted in glee.

People can describe me as
-Loud and very active: I have been told I don't know how to be quite. I am constantly running around or blasting music at incredibly high decibels. Even when reading, writing and drawing; I am fidgety or make sound effects to match my art or words (either read or wrote).
-Surprisingly respectful/protective (to those I like): I can be very respectful once I like or admire someone. I will be quick to anger and defense if I believe someone I like/respect is being bulled, bath-mouthed or hurt. That is where my prankster side really comes out. I also tend to prank those I think take advantage of their position and those that use their position to bully others.
-Quarrelsome: I tend to be very argumentative with people by questioning their action, knowledge and behavior. I can be prompted to argue over the smallest and sometimes silliest things, especially when my more impulsive acts (ie pranks) are thwarted or criticized.
-Modest: I am very modest and know I have a lot to learn both about the world in general and in my chosen career. I know the limits of my skill and am always willing to learn.
-Messy: I am extremely messy in general. I have been told I have horrible table manners. I tend to strew things about and can get very angry if people move my things. My mess is organized chaos to me.

When | Fall 2042
Where | Great Hall
With | Unsorted 1st Years
Feeling | Excited

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Ah, I admire your enthusiasm!
And... hm... let's see
Yes, I know just what to do with you

Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:09 pm
The Sorting Hat

Novasse
User Image
Deoiridh
Mary
MacDhubhghail

Unsorted │ First Year │ Eleven Years Old │ Single

Trailing in the back of the new first year students was everyone's favorite girl with the worst name to be found in this group. When she had been asked for a name she gave her nickname in stead. Better a chance for people to not mess up a three letter word. The students around here were as giddy and eager as they could be for this...talking hat(?) to sort them into their given houses. It was turning out to be quite the strange start to a school semester she had ever seen. It was a shame the kids back home wouldn't hear about it, only that she had gone away to a private school all of a sudden. The kids in front of her slowly began to trickle into their respective tables with the other members. Butterflies were in her stomach already. That prancing and bouncing kid in front of her seemed excited about this. It reminded her of Tam's brother back home and caused her to snicker to herself.

When it came time for her sorting, Ori anxiously went to the stood and sat down. She watched as the hat was lowered onto her. "Don't know how you're talkin', but can ya pit me in a good hoose?"

SHORT-TEMPERED Always a bit of a sore spot for me. I'm easily frustrated. Once you set me off, I can huff and puff longer than any one can.
BLUNT I've been told I don't beat around the bush much. When something needs to be said, I say it like it is, no sugar coating it.
INDEPENDENT I've been doing things solo for a while now. I can work when in a group but am better when there's nobody to really distract me.
CAREFREE Everyone's always stressing out over the future and all the work that needs doing all the time, but I'm not into that. Better to do a little bit at a time than to do everything in one session.
STUBBORN Ma always said I had a lot of her in me. Despite how many times she keeps saying it, it sure don't seem true.
REBELLIOUS Rules were meant to broken. Besides, how can you have fun without getting in trouble?

OOC:
Username

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Hm, not sure how I'm talking?
The answer is "magic", of course,
I like your spunk, though
I think you'll do quite well in

Gryffindor!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:13 pm
The Sorting Hat

Stefan Lee Salvatore
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
▬▬"Just as there are two sides to every story, there are two sides to every person. " ▬▬

Vespera walked up to the Sorting hat when her name was called. She had seen several others be sorted already. She looked at all the first years that had come in. She nodded to herself and sat down. She knew that the hat would put her where she belonged, where she could grow into a proper witch and not be affiliated with the muggleborn mother of hers the rest of her life. She thought loudly in her head, "Look hat, I don't know how much you understand, but please let me go somewhere I'll be able to become a strong witch and not be held back by the muggle world. It's already put me back far enough, I don't want to be affiliated with them for the rest of my life." Vespera desperately hoped the hat could hear her and put her in a proper house, or any house besides Gryffindor. The ones she met over the summer, none of them had gone in Gryffindor... she didn't want to start the year without knowing ANYONE in her house.

Personality:
Shy Vespera is never one to start a conversation. She would always much rather stay alone and do her own thing when it comes to a new crowd. She speaks softly usually, having those around her be close when she tells them something.
Stubborn Vespera is not one to back down, she will fight until she has proven her point. If she has stopped fighting, it's usually because shehas decided to subtly fgive you reasons why she's right.
Friendly Although Vespera is shy, she is friendly. She doesn't make friends very easily though, only when those first come to befriend her. However, once she befriends you, there is not a more loyal friend, unless there's a better opportunity which involves stabbing you in the back.
Respectful Vespera respects her elders and those who are loyal to her. However, if one is disrespectful towards her, she will reciprocate.
Clumsy There's not often a time when Vespera is headed somewhere that she doesn't trip over her own two feet.
Entertaining Inevitably, when you have one as stubborn, short, and clumsy as Vespera is, you get someone who is always entertaining to be around.

▬▬ "Within each of us is the capacity for both good and evil." ▬▬

Where: Sorting Hat
With Whom: The Firsties
Thinking about: What house..not Gryffindor... I don't know anyone in Gryffindor...
Vespera Description: Short 4' even, blond hair, green eyes and slight tan.
Wearing: Green dress with laced sleeves with school robes over top.
OOC:

_____

_____

I understand plenty, my dear girl, don't you worry
Now then, let's see, you've certainly got a way about you, eh?
Not Gryffindor? You've got fire, for sure
But, then if you're certain, I guess it'll be

Slytherin!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:17 pm
The Sorting Hat

Fuzzymelonlord
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Company
Fellow First Years
Mood
Proud

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Hearing her name called, a small smug grin slid onto her face. This was her moment, one that her stupid brothers couldn't take away from her. Keeping her posture proper, back straight and head held high, Aurelia made her way up to the stool to be sorted. "Make your decision, Hat. I know whichever house I am sent to will be what is best for me." Her words may have seemed rather polite and kind to the unsuspecting ear, but honestly it didn't matter which house she was put into. She would make her dreams a reality no mater where she was sent.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
OOC
Speak here

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

TRAIT Dramatic Aurelia is a rather...spoiled child, and tends to be a bit outlandish in her actions if she doesn’t get her way. This is usually shown through conniving plans to manipulate people into giving her what she wants.
TRAIT Observant Because of her status and the way she was raised, Aurelia is fairly good at noticing small details and reading people, but just because she notices something doesn’t mean she will care.
TRAIT Prudent Because of her desires to be the head of her family, despite her gender, Aurelia tends to think ahead, trying her best to make herself allies that will want her to rise in rank as well, being one example.
TRAIT Abrasive Aurelia tends to be a bit selfish, if her actions don’t hurt or bother those she has deemed ‘worthy allies’ then she doesn’t care about how people react to her actions.
TRAIT Narcissistic She is extremely concerned with her looks and has been since a very young age. She is not really the type of person to willingly get her hands dirty. Because of this she tends to stick with the latest fashion trends as well.
TRAIT Unforgiving If someone does something to her that makes her upset, it is unlikely that she will ever forgive them. Currently only 4 people have gotten this far onto her bad side. Those 4 would be her 3 brothers and her father.

Your faith is certainly flattering, dear child
And yes, I know just where to put you
You've got something to prove, I can see it
You'll do quite well in

Slytherin!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:22 pm
The Sorting Hat

Fuzzymelonlord
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Company
Fellow First Years
Mood
Excited

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

As other students were being sorted, Eirian couldn't keep his eyes still. He glanced around the Great Hall, taking in every detail so he could tell Felicity about it in great detail in his first letter home. Of course their mother had described the school to the children before but....to be honest her descriptions were a bit lacking.

At the sound of his name being called, Eirian practically dashed to the stool so he could receive his placement. "Oh, before I'm sorted. I want to make a request. When my little sister Felicity gets sorted tell her I said hi. She should be starting in 2 years. " He thought it would be pretty funny if the hat would agree. He hoped it would.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
OOC
Speak here

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

TRAIT Strategic Because of his passion for the different sports he enjoys, Eirian has dedicated a lot of time to studying different strategies from former winning and losing teams to help him work better. He enjoys the concept that one plan could either be the downfall or victory for a team.
TRAIT Creative Eirian tends to think outside the box for a lot of things and he uses that to further him in all aspects of his life. Whether it be in sports of just his general daily life. It’s also a means to keep him from hitting any mental funks.
TRAIT Friendly Eirian loves talking to people, learning about them and making friends. Sometimes he can be a bit overwhelming and can even come off as clingy or annoying to the wrong people.
TRAIT Competitive Eirian loves winning, the thrill of it all gets him going. Because of this, he spends a lot of time studying and memorizing things that he feels will help him progress. Especially if it has to do with Quidditch or Baseball, his two favorite sports.
TRAIT Optimistic Not much can get Eirian down, and he tends to be rather thick skinned. He likes looking towards the bright side of life, because he knows that if he doesn’t then he might return to the bad mental state he had as a child.
TRAIT Curious One of Eirian’s favorite things to do is ask someone “why?”, he enjoys hearing people explain things. It gives him new mindsets and opens his eyes to things he hasn’t really thought of.

To your sister? An odd request, but I'll try to remember
Meanwhile, what to do with you, hm?
Enthusiastic and curious, with a spark in your soul
Yes, I think I'd like to see you in

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:26 pm
The Sorting Hat

addaellis
The sky we’re looking at today

Sonora Li
first year || unsorted || halfblood

Sonora followed her fellow first years into the Great Hall, trying desperately to stay on the edges of the crowd. As they entered, she caught her breath taking in the sight of the house colors flying overhead the tables. She followed in awe. But as the Sorting began, her nerves and excitement did battle along her neurons.

As soon as her acceptance letter had come, her grandparents had come by Floo and amidst congratulations, began a debate as to which house Sonora would be in. Granda, a former Gryffindor, had decided that Sonora's love of stories and adventures made her a "natural Gryffindor"; Grandma had shut him down ruthlessly, deciding that Sonora's diligence and reflective nature made her a better candidate for her own Slytherin house. They'd argued on that the same had been said for Sonora's mother, who'd ended up a staunch Ravenclaw. She remarked with more smugness than she could hide that she was certain Sonora had picked up the "temperament of rigorous academic study and research". And finally her father piped up, reminding them that the patriarch of the Winchester line had been an excellent Hufflepuff and that she had retained his definitive hope for the future. Sonora had left the station at King's Cross that morning with four scarves thrown over her shoulders--one in each house's color-- and her father's amused assurance that no matter which House she was selected for, she would be a wonderful contribution and everyone would still love her.

Memories of these debates kept flittering through her mind as Sonora counted how the students before her were sorted and wondered if the distribution of students sorted each year was always equal, so much so that she wasn't certain if she ought to be focused on her memories or questions.

Finally the professor called her name. Sonora took a calming breath as the brim of the hat blocked out the crowd and imagined presenting her mind as openly as possible to the hat, trying not to color it with her own nervous excitement.

POSITIVE Sonora believes everyone can be happy, that there doesn't need to be an antagonist, and that everything will definitely be alright. She’s not actually an idealist--she knows things won’t always go smoothly, but she’s going to stubbornly believe that it’ll work out in the end, or at least happen for a reason. And that means that we can be cheerful in the moment. She always sees the silver lining--or at least tries to.

REFLECTIVE A childhood of metacognitive assessments and tasks has made a habit of discussing feelings, organizing thoughts, and analyzing situations with someone close to her. Although she still gets emotional about her mistakes and failures, she’s used to organizing her thoughts for improvement.

FOCUSED Her father might have had to coordinate multiple projects at a time, but Sonora only ever saw the one happening then. When she’s somewhere or with someone, she paying attention to that, or at least focusing on what she could be doing in context. It’s not that she doesn’t get distracted, but rather she has strategies for managing them. She’s inclined to focus on one idea or technique and learn to apply it as best she can in the time allotted.

SHELTERED Sonora grew up surrounded by adults from faraway lands and her exposure to the magical world has been primarily through tales and novels. Her schedule was always structured around her family, her teachers, and her few friends. Further, her life is filled with more examples of collaboration than competition-- she’s never had reason to be dishonest or untrusting.

RESERVED It's not a matter of greeting people or making polite conversation and seeing the interaction through, or even opening up if the situation could use it. She’d love to see everyone happy and enjoys helping people out in small ways, but ultimately her priority is going to be on her and hers.

could be brighter tomorrow.

Bah, everyone always thinks they're the expert, eh?
But no one knows better than I do
A sharp mind, a strong work ethic, curious nature
I think you'll be right at home in

Ravenclaw!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:22 pm
                                                                This is gospel for the fallen ones
                                                                Locked away in permanent slumber
                                                                Assembling their philosophies
                                                                From pieces of broken memories

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Where am I? Great Hall
                                                                Who am I with? Other first years
                                                                What am I doing? Being sorted
                                                                What am I thinking? I hope I'm not stuck with Sybille...

Cyrille waited for his name to be called before he stepped forward to sit on the stool. He hoped that the hat knew how much he deserved being at Hogwarts, and hoped that he could be sorted quickly. He didn't think he was that hard to figure out. Giving the headmistress a disarming smile, he waited for her to put the hat on his head before he thought, 'Okay hat, just letting you know. Put me where I deserve to go.'

Quote:
                                                                ✚Outgoing - I am rather outgoing, willing to meet new people and hang out and make friends. I thrive on social interactions, and love it when people pay attention to me. This is in direct contrast to my sister, who is rather introverted.
                                                                ✚Egotistical - I am also something of an attention hog and love to get praise and positive feedback. I also have a tendency to gloat often, hating it when I'm ignored and particularly annoyed when someone paints me in a bad light.
                                                                ✚Crafty - Much like my sister, I'm rather intelligent, though I love finding loopholes and exploiting them. I also like to devise different ways to get myself out of trouble if I find myself in it, often to my parents' chagrin.
                                                                ✚Vain - I am very well aware that I am good looking, and work hard to keep up my looks and love it when people complement me for them. I also happen to become annoyed when someone does anything to screw up the image I'm trying to present.
                                                                ✚Flirty - I am also a bit of a flirt. I know just how to bat my eyes and smile that can get people's attention, and I love watching the reaction I get. I also happen to wonder about dating a lot, and figure I can see who's interested in me when I flirt. After all, I'm attractive and I know it, so I use it to my advantage.

OOC:

This is gospel for the vagabonds,
                                                                Ne'er-do-wells and insufferable bastards
                                                                Confessing their apostasies
                                                                Led away by imperfect impostors

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:09 pm
The Sorting Hat

Winsome Fey
                                                                This is gospel for the fallen ones
                                                                Locked away in permanent slumber
                                                                Assembling their philosophies
                                                                From pieces of broken memories

Where am I? Great Hall
                                                                Who am I with? Other first years
                                                                What am I doing? Being sorted
                                                                What am I thinking? I hope I'm not stuck with Sybille...

Cyrille waited for his name to be called before he stepped forward to sit on the stool. He hoped that the hat knew how much he deserved being at Hogwarts, and hoped that he could be sorted quickly. He didn't think he was that hard to figure out. Giving the headmistress a disarming smile, he waited for her to put the hat on his head before he thought, 'Okay hat, just letting you know. Put me where I deserve to go.'

Quote:
                                                                ✚Outgoing - I am rather outgoing, willing to meet new people and hang out and make friends. I thrive on social interactions, and love it when people pay attention to me. This is in direct contrast to my sister, who is rather introverted.
                                                                ✚Egotistical - I am also something of an attention hog and love to get praise and positive feedback. I also have a tendency to gloat often, hating it when I'm ignored and particularly annoyed when someone paints me in a bad light.
                                                                ✚Crafty - Much like my sister, I'm rather intelligent, though I love finding loopholes and exploiting them. I also like to devise different ways to get myself out of trouble if I find myself in it, often to my parents' chagrin.
                                                                ✚Vain - I am very well aware that I am good looking, and work hard to keep up my looks and love it when people complement me for them. I also happen to become annoyed when someone does anything to screw up the image I'm trying to present.
                                                                ✚Flirty - I am also a bit of a flirt. I know just how to bat my eyes and smile that can get people's attention, and I love watching the reaction I get. I also happen to wonder about dating a lot, and figure I can see who's interested in me when I flirt. After all, I'm attractive and I know it, so I use it to my advantage.

OOC:

This is gospel for the vagabonds,
                                                                Ne'er-do-wells and insufferable bastards
                                                                Confessing their apostasies
                                                                Led away by imperfect impostors

Deserve eh? That's an interesting way to put it
Quite confident, I see, no lack of charm
Well, no worries about being stuck with your sister, my boy
I think you're best off in

Slytherin!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

xo-SkittleFairy-ox

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:23 pm
Kaden "Kaycee" Cornick
FIRST Year | Unsorted | MUGGLE-born

Kaycee stood nervously in the crowd of unsorted first years, intimidated by his first hour in the magic castle. He could almost feel how thick and vibrant the energy was in here... it felt so old, and so powerful. It made the air feel heavy if he thought about it for too long.

The pink-haired boy really knew nothing about Hogwarts, besides what he'd overheard and what had been told to the students only moments prior. There were four houses, and he would be placed into one... A bunch of the students around him already knew what house they wanted to be placed in, or which one they thought was the best (or the worst). Kaycee had no clue. Would he be put in one of the good houses? 'Well, they probably all are good houses,' he tried to remind himself.

It wasn't long before his name was called, and he walked up toward the stool with a huge lump in his throat. His palms were a bit sweaty too... Just how many eyes were on him? He waited for the hat to come down on his head. From what he had seen, the hat must be able to read his mind... panicking, he quickly tried to block out his bad memories. He didn't want the hat to know all that stuff! Mostly, he didn't want to seem scared, so trying to hide all of his fears from the hat was his last ditch effort not to be seen as a sissy or a coward. After all, he didn't want the hat to sort him based on that...

AMBITIOUS When Kaycee really wants something, he will stop at nothing until he has achieved his dreams.
FLAMBOYANT Kaycee's larger-than-life personality expresses itself with lots of bright colors and the occasional burst of dramatic energy.
SELF-SACRIFICING Kaycee's loyalty expresses itself in ways that are often detrimental to him - and he doesn't mind that at all, as long as the person he loves is happy.
CREATIVE Kaycee's creativity mostly expresses itself in music, but he also likes making outfits and trying on different colors. He is always working towards making something new.
BOLD Kaycee doesn't go looking for trouble, but if trouble finds him he is unafraid of asserting himself.
OPTIMISTIC Kaycee tends to look at things in a positive light rather than sulk over his shortcomings. Whenever he is knocked down, he finds a way to get back up with guns blazing.
LAYERED There is a lot more to Kaden than meets the eye. His energetic, cheery disposition is actually masking a mountain of depression that he battles against every day.

■ colors
■ wide open spaces
■ sunshine
■ anything pretty
■ baby animals

DISLIKES
■ aggressiveness
■ studying
■ being cooped up
■ negative people
■ onions

STRENGTHS
■ perseverance
■ empathy

WEAKNESSES
■ not book smart
■ has a lot of hidden insecurities

FEARS
■ small spaces (especially locked in)
■ confinement (can't move)
■ total darkness (can't see)
■ needles
■ drowning
■ fire
■ aggressive animals
■ fear

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:50 pm
The Sorting Hat

dot-hacksbreeze
⚙⚙ℂ:
𝓛𝔦𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔲𝔴 𝓛𝔦𝔭𝔭𝔢 || 𝓐𝔤𝔢: ⑪ || 𝓨𝔢𝔞𝓻 1
☆════━━━━━┈┈┈┈┈ • ☾ • ┈┈┈┈┈━━━━━════☆
User Image
𝕿𝖔𝖈𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓:Great Hall

Lillium watched in a daze as the other students were being sorted and how grateful they were to find the place they belonged in what would be their home for the next year. She was nervous, what if she didn't place in a house that would accept her and her sturdy nature? Would she be able to cope with that and still make friends? Lillium could only think of one friend that she'd ever made, as most kids tended to shy away from her once she opened her mouth. However as she looked around the vast space of the hall she noticed how beautiful it was, she knew then that she may not need friends as this large structure could give her years of adventure and had plenty of halls for her to seek. Lillum also knew that if she buried herself in her studies so that socializing wouldn't even matter to her but, that still lacked some luster as she read in every book that every good adventurer had at least one companion. She stared up at the stool with the hat sitting on it, waiting for the next lively young head to sit on, then she heard her name be called and all of sudden she wasn't ready, it was too soon. She stood straight and rolled her shoulders back to stand proud so hopefully none could notice her anxiety as she walked to the seat, she looked closely at the hat, admiring it's worn fabric expression and felt a wave of power roll over her as she thought of how many other her exact age had done this and thought nothing of it at all. She could do this, as many before her had. She waited for the placement hat to be put upon her head after she took her seat with quick ease.

☆════━━━━━┈┈┈┈┈ • ☾ • ┈┈┈┈┈━━━━━════☆

Personality
People can describe me as a very curious girl with a bit of a complex when it comes to understanding her place in the universe. She likes to avoid conflict in most cases unless a rampant impulse compels her, or she really dislikes that person's way of approach and behavior although she too has a bit of an aggressive side that doesn't clash well with other hot headed individuals. Lillium can come off a rather blunt and brutish person for her small and thin physique but overall her greatest wish is to help and be of aid.

Oh, my dear girl
I won't worry too much about scaring people off
You'll find that your classmates are tougher than you think
Yes, you'll be quite welcome in

Gryffindor!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:55 pm
The Sorting Hat

SkittyGirl826
Kaden "Kaycee" Cornick
FIRST Year | Unsorted | MUGGLE-born

Kaycee stood nervously in the crowd of unsorted first years, intimidated by his first hour in the magic castle. He could almost feel how thick and vibrant the energy was in here... it felt so old, and so powerful. It made the air feel heavy if he thought about it for too long.

The pink-haired boy really knew nothing about Hogwarts, besides what he'd overheard and what had been told to the students only moments prior. There were four houses, and he would be placed into one... A bunch of the students around him already knew what house they wanted to be placed in, or which one they thought was the best (or the worst). Kaycee had no clue. Would he be put in one of the good houses? 'Well, they probably all are good houses,' he tried to remind himself.

It wasn't long before his name was called, and he walked up toward the stool with a huge lump in his throat. His palms were a bit sweaty too... Just how many eyes were on him? He waited for the hat to come down on his head. From what he had seen, the hat must be able to read his mind... panicking, he quickly tried to block out his bad memories. He didn't want the hat to know all that stuff! Mostly, he didn't want to seem scared, so trying to hide all of his fears from the hat was his last ditch effort not to be seen as a sissy or a coward. After all, he didn't want the hat to sort him based on that...

AMBITIOUS When Kaycee really wants something, he will stop at nothing until he has achieved his dreams.
FLAMBOYANT Kaycee's larger-than-life personality expresses itself with lots of bright colors and the occasional burst of dramatic energy.
SELF-SACRIFICING Kaycee's loyalty expresses itself in ways that are often detrimental to him - and he doesn't mind that at all, as long as the person he loves is happy.
CREATIVE Kaycee's creativity mostly expresses itself in music, but he also likes making outfits and trying on different colors. He is always working towards making something new.
BOLD Kaycee doesn't go looking for trouble, but if trouble finds him he is unafraid of asserting himself.
OPTIMISTIC Kaycee tends to look at things in a positive light rather than sulk over his shortcomings. Whenever he is knocked down, he finds a way to get back up with guns blazing.
LAYERED There is a lot more to Kaden than meets the eye. His energetic, cheery disposition is actually masking a mountain of depression that he battles against every day.

■ colors
■ wide open spaces
■ sunshine
■ anything pretty
■ baby animals

DISLIKES
■ aggressiveness
■ studying
■ being cooped up
■ negative people
■ onions

STRENGTHS
■ perseverance
■ empathy

WEAKNESSES
■ not book smart
■ has a lot of hidden insecurities

FEARS
■ small spaces (especially locked in)
■ confinement (can't move)
■ total darkness (can't see)
■ needles
■ drowning
■ fire
■ aggressive animals
■ fear

Cara MiaKitty

Not to worry, my boy, your secrets are safe with me
Now then, let's see what we'll do with you, eh?
You're an interesting one, for sure
I think you'll do quite well in

Slytherin!

*** Just a heads up, Skitty, you don't need to quote me for things like the sorting hat! On that note, please make sure that all quotes are hidden by a spoiler tag!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:26 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          ιf уσυ ωєяє fαℓℓιиg, тнєи ι ωσυℓ∂ ¢αт¢н уσυ
                                                          уσυ иєє∂ α ℓιgнт, ι'∂ fιи∂ α мαт¢н
                                                          '¢αυѕє ι ℓσνє тнє ωαу уσυ ѕαу gσσ∂ мσяиιиg
                                                          αи∂ уσυ тαкє мє тнє ωαу ι αм

spaceAmata lead the first years from the antechamber into the Great Hall, approaching the stool and the hat with the group lined up behind her. She unbound the scroll, and began reading off names to start the sorting so the evening could get underway.

ι'∂ вυу уσυ яσgαιиє ωнєи уσυ ѕтαят ℓσѕιиg αℓℓ уσυя нαιя
                                                          ѕєω σи ραт¢нєѕ тσ αℓℓ уσυ тєαя
                                                          '¢αυѕє ι ℓσνє уσυ мσяє тнαи ι ¢συℓ∂ єνєя ρяσмιѕє
                                                          αи∂ уσυ тαкє мє тнє ωαу ι αм

wнere - Head of the Great Hall
                                                          wнen - Sorting Ceremony 2043
                                                          wιтн - First Years

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:33 pm
User ImageUser Image

ѕσмєωнєяє ιи тнє єи∂ σf αℓℓ тнιѕ нαтє
                                                          тнєяє'ѕ α ℓιgнт αнєα∂ тнαт ѕнιиєѕ ιитσ тнιѕ gяανє
                                                          тнαт'ѕ ιи тнє єи∂ σf αℓℓ тнιѕ ραιи

spaceWhen Mallaidh heard her name called, she straightened her shoulders, spine stiffening as she walked towards the little three-legged stool. Standing here, in this incredible, massive room, with all these people around her, looking at her, was making her feel very small. But, she refused to let anyone know that she was affected by it. Eyes hard, she climbed onto the stool as gracefully as an eleven year old could manage, staring straight ahead. She tried not to let her surprise show that it could talk; she'd seen it singing right before her eyes, of course, but hearing it directly in hear own ear was another matter altogether. She didn't know much about magic, or Hogwarts, or the houses, so she didn't figure it mattered much where she went. She wasn't planning on letting it make much difference in how she went about her schooling, so what did it matter? She was here to learn to control her magic, that was it. Sure, she was interested in magic, and in all the new things she could learn, but what dorm she slept in at night wouldn't make much difference. Except, perhaps, in regards to proximity to her lessons and the library. The castle was rather large.

ι αм иσт αfяαι∂, ι ωσи'т вυяи συт ιи тнιѕ ρℓα¢є
                                                          му ιитєитισи ιѕ тσ fα∂є αи∂ ι ωιℓℓ, ι ωιℓℓ
                                                          ιи тнιѕ нσυѕє σи α нιℓℓ тнє ∂єα∂ αяє ℓινιиg ѕтιℓℓ
                                                          тнєιя ιитєитισи ιѕ тσ кιℓℓ αи∂ тнєу ωιℓℓ, тнєу ωιℓℓ
                                                          кєєρ уσυя ¢нιℓ∂яєи ѕαfє ιиѕι∂є, συт σf ρσ¢кєт, συт σf мιи∂
                                                          υитιℓ тнєу ∂яιик тнє ωιиє αи∂ тнєу ωιℓℓ, тнєу ωιℓℓ, тнєу ωιℓℓ

wнere - Head of the Great Hall
                                                          wιтн - The Sorting Hat
                                                          - ooc -
                                                          blah blah blah

COLD
                                                          xxx»» Mallaidh isn't one to wear her emotions on her sleeve, quite the opposite, in fact. She dislikes dramatic expressions of people's feelings, and especially hates it when she shows them herself. She tries to keep her thoughts and feelings to herself, not thinking that they're anybody else's business. She is uncomfortable with people who are very emotional. She comes across as being quite distant, and even robotic, at times.

IMPATIENT
                                                          xxx»» She doesn't like to spend a lot of time waiting on things. She is very much a doer, preferring to improvise in the act over settling down and thinking things through. Waiting, she thinks, is a waste of valuable time, which could be better utilized. If she is in a situation where she has to draw up a plan, she will usually draw up the simplest version she can, to take up as little time as possible, and leave a lot of wiggle room to figure it out as she goes.

ADAPTABLE
                                                          xxx»» Lucky for her, Mallaidh is very quick on her feet. She reacts quickly to stimuli and is excellent at improvisation. Her mind moves quickly through her options so that she can try and figure out the outcomes to each choice. Years of focusing on puzzles and puzzle games has trained her mind to read the room quickly and figure out what can and should be done.

QUIET
                                                          xxx»» Mallaidh doesn't talk much, preferring to keep to herself. She usually leaves the socializing to her brother, who is much more personable, and mostly makes friends through him. She usually thinks things through and decides whether or not her contributions to a conversation are necessary; if not, she tends to keep them to herself. She's not usually one to start a conversation, quite liking to sit in silence and often forgetting that others might find it uncomfortable.

OBLIVIOUS
                                                          xxx»» That's not the only thing Mallaidh forgets, at least when it comes to people. As observant as she is when she's working on solving a puzzle, she seems to miss a lot of rather obvious cues, especially those of the social variety. She's often so busy inspecting details, she misses the big picture. She often misreads people, or focuses in on the wrong thing and says exactly the wrong thing in response.

CURIOUS
                                                          xxx»» Mallaidh doesn't like being idle, preferring to fill her time with something to enrich her mind. She likes puzzles and stories, and generally will find a creative way to use her time if left to her own devices. She loves to read and to explore, carrying a journal around with her pretty much everywhere to make note of anything that catches her eye. She usually fills one of these notebooks a week, and her father has taken to buying them in bulk for simplicity's sake.

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:06 pm
User ImageUser Image

ιғ ιт were any colder ι coυld dιѕengage
                                                  ιғ ι were any older ι coυld acт мy age
                                                  вυт ι don'т тнιnĸ тнaт yoυ'd вelιeve мe
                                                  ιт'ѕ noт тнe way ι'м мeanт тo вe
                                                  ιт'ѕ jυѕт тнe way тнe operaтιon мade мe

spaceKendall was practically vibrating by the time they finally got to her name. She was, once again, grateful to be a Saunders, though, since being a bloody Wakefield would've made the wait even worse. Still, though, having an S name was pretty bad. So much so that, when she heard her name, she shot off like a lightning bolt, anxiety and adrenaline causing her to almost fall twice on her way to the stool. Teeth gritted, she climbed herself up onto it, fists clenched in her lap. 'Alright, hat,' she thought. 'Hurry on up and get this over with. I'm probably a Gryffindor. Just put me in Gryffindor. Or don't, whatever, but that's probably where you should put me.' It wasn't that Kendall thought she knew better than the hat, per se. It was just that, she knew herself pretty well, and she thought she understood how these houses worked based on the people in her family, since they were all over the place. She was pretty similar to Cyd, so she should probably be in the same house as Cyd. Right? Right. That made sense. To her, anyway.

ι aм noт ѕo ѕerιoυѕ, тнιѕ paѕѕιon ιѕ a plagιarιѕм
                                                  ι мιgнт joιn yoυr cenтυry вυт only on a rare occaѕιon
                                                  ι waѕ тaĸen oυт вeғore тнe laвor paιnѕ ѕeт ιn and now
                                                  вeнold тнe world'ѕ worѕт accιdenт, ι aм тнe gιrl anacнronιѕм

wнere - Head of The Great Hall
                                                  wιтн - The Sorting Hat
                                                  - ooc -
                                                  blah blah blah

HEADSTRONG
                                                  xxx»» Kendall has an extremely thick head, a trait her English relatives tend to attribute to her Scottish side, which her Scottish side insists is utter nonsense. It's often hard to reason with her, and she tends to see things very black and white. Talking to her when you disagree is like talking to a brick wall. It's very hard to get her to change her mind once it's set on something. She doesn't like change, nor does she like being questioned, or questioning. She likes to get her way in things and tends to become incredibly annoyed when she doesn't.

INSECURE
                                                  xxx»» Kendall struggles a lot with her self esteem. She's very uncomfortable in her own skin, and it doesn't take a lot to make her feel inadequate. She feels like something is wrong with her, but she can't quite figure out what it is. She generally attributes it to being part of such a large family, often feeling like a speck of dust among her relatives, especially the older ones who seem to have everything work out for them. She feels an enormous amount of pressure to live up to some kind of expectation, though she couldn't even tell you what that expectation is.

MESSY
                                                  xxx»» Kendall is not the most organized of people. Her bedroom is probably best described as 'chaotic', though she insists that it's an organized chaos because she knows where everything is. How, then, she frequently fails to locate the things she needs, remains to be seen. Her mental state manifests itself through her inability to pick up after herself or keep anything straight. She's very forgetful, and has a bit of a tendency to horde.

COMPETITIVE
                                                  xxx»» More than anything, Kendall likes to win. Be it a debate or a game, she will always take it entirely too seriously in her efforts to come out on top. She doesn't take losing very well, and will often refuse to accept defeat. More often, she'll insist on a rematch if possible, and spend as much time as she can attempting to improve herself so that she can win the second round. She's often prone to making a competition out of the most mundane of things, just to gain the smug satisfaction of a victory.

ADVENTUROUS
                                                  xxx»» Kendall has a very active imagination and a very curious nature. She likes to explore and learn new things about just about any and everything. She's never one to sit still for long, preferring to go out into the world and see what she can find. She's always interested in trying new things, at least once. New experiences are always frightening, but she takes pride in her ability to face them head-on. While her mood when things go sour or when she finds herself unprepared for the results isn't the prettiest thing, she doesn't let that stop her or hamper her curiosity.

RECKLESS
                                                  xxx»» Kendall is something of a risk-taker. She rarely thinks things through to their consequences, and doesn't worry overmuch about her own well-being. Her self-esteem being what it is, she often reasons that it wouldn't be the end of the world if something should happen to her. Plus, she reasons that she's gotten lucky enough so far (though with the many broken bones she's acquired, her family might say differently), so she's probably going to be alright in the end.

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:15 pm
User Image

I wake up every evening
                                          With a big smile on my face
                                          And it never feels out of place
                                          And you're still probably working
                                          At a nine to five pace
                                          I wonder how bad that tastes

Jarrett had to admit this whole thing was kinda cool. Sure he had been on a way too old boat with stupidly excited kids and had to hike here but the great hall was certainly worth it. While yes it was pretty the look of utter awe on some of his classmate's faces was silly. To be fair some may be muggleborn and this was all brand new. He had been spoiled to what this all was because he didn't want to be surprised. Plus maybe he would have has a chance to ruined the surprise for some unlucky kid. He sighed as sorting started knowing this was going to take a while. Curse his last name being the epitome of three of the last four of the alphabet. As the crowd got smaller and smaller Jarrett got more and more annoyed. “Jarrett Zywiec” was finally called out but being the last one he had begun walking up before the teacher finished his first name. He sat on the stool hoping to just be done with this. His feet hurt from standing and walking, he was hungry and was out of patience. Ugh sort him already!

PROUD Jarrett likes to brag. He feels his accomplishments are better than someone else's. He gladly tell you why he thinks his idea is better.
                                                              AMBITIOUS Jarrett wants to be the best. He's not satisfied with second place. He not afraid to step on others to get what he wants
                                                              CUNNING Jarrett knows the sometimes you gotta stretch the truth a bit to get things done. He prefers not to lie but he not above omitting info or sugar coating stuff. If he absolutely has to lie then he would.
                                                              DETERMINED Jarrett is near unstoppable when he makes his mind up. His goal is the most important thing on his priority list.
                                                              SPOILED Jarrett has had and expects thing to go his way or be given to him. He hates it when told no even if it for his own good.
                                                              MEAN SPIRITED Jarrett is one to pick and tease for stupid things. Why? Cause it fun to see people freak out. That and it hilarious. He takes pleasure in the misfortunes of others

Tomorrow you'll be thinking to yourself
                                                              Where'd it all go wrong?
                                                              But the list goes on and on
                                                              And truth be told I miss you
                                                              And truth be told I'm lying

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games