Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Guild
A joined Naruto RP: Kage's Dream &amp; A.N.B.U Chronicles. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 256 257 258 259 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dragon Sneeze

Aged Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:08 am
The_Last_PlainsWalker
The_Last_PlainsWalker
[[(this is kinda off topic but...) I need some help here, I'm getting confused with the order of authority and what-not considering two honorifics; Sama and Dono. Some things say Dono is for more important and honored people than sama, and was for lords and generals and such. Which is why it always confused me when the people in Naruto used sama for the kages and not dono. But then recently, i have seen some other sources say that sama is higher up than dono. Do any of you know for sure which confers higher respect and status?]]
[[so can anyone help me out with this?]]

((From my good friend Dan:
sama is considered of the highest respect (ie: Kamisama => God(s))
Dono, originally used where we would use "san"
I'm trying to remember, but I do believe that it was also used for royality (and other high honors), but I believe it was in a different context:
ie: dan-dono would be a no no, more along the lines of "title"-dono
like: Judge-dono.))  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:12 am
The_Last_PlainsWalker
Dragon Sneeze
The_Last_PlainsWalker
Dragon Sneeze
Sabu raised an eyebrow at Rio. "Well, looks like we got this part of the exam finished. Time to relax for now."
"Well, i think we might want to find Hytoshi," Rio said.

Sabu stood. "Oh yes. Forgive me, I forgot."

((I think it's funny you didn't notice Hytoshi barrel by. xd ))
[[when did that happened?]]"Can you run?" Rio asked as he noticed Masayuki doing his little stunt. "You look a bit singed."

Masayuki noticed Rio glancing at him. Indeed he did look burnt, but he was fine. He had been through alot, a little fire was nothing to him as long as it wasn't prolonged.

((It happened right before your post. Remember, Sabu was sitting by the fire pillar.))  

Dragon Sneeze

Aged Bunny

liz_bliz_inc

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:14 am
save space  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:15 am
((What he said.))  

Dragon Sneeze

Aged Bunny

Dragon Sneeze

Aged Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:19 am
Sabu stood. "Yes, I'm fine. It'll take more than that to finish me off."  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:27 am
Dragon Sneeze
"Cool, ok, i think Hytoshi went to the beast pillar, so wee need to go there."  

liz_bliz_inc

Dragon Sneeze

Aged Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:30 am
The_Last_PlainsWalker
Dragon Sneeze

"Will do. Lets get moving then." Sabu said and started off.

((Did you see the first post on this page? I answered your sama/dono question.))  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:31 am
((Daisuke. You are fighting Shinji. Do you read? Everything is going slower than planned so I'll have to speed it up. Plus there far to many fights going on. Geheh.))
Shinji clutched his arm, Damn it, not again. Shinji thought, remembering Muuga. Shinji's Iga training had helped Shinji endure physical pain. He ran, with frequent stumbles due to fatigue, to Daisuke and approached him with a high kick to the face.
The_Last_PlainsWalker
[[(this is kinda off topic but...) I need some help here, I'm getting confused with the order of authority and what-not considering two honorifics; Sama and Dono. Some things say Dono is for more important and honored people than sama, and was for lords and generals and such. Which is why it always confused me when the people in Naruto used sama for the kages and not dono. But then recently, i have seen some other sources say that sama is higher up than dono. Do any of you know for sure which confers higher respect and status?]]
((The term '-dono' is somewhat outdated, used by mature men. Some of my friends say that you use it when you want to pull a woman.'-Sama' is common and usually used for introductions or towards people of high status.))  

Silly Genji

700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

liz_bliz_inc

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:35 am
Silly Genji

The_Last_PlainsWalker
((The term '-dono' is somewhat outdated, used by mature men. '-Sama' is common and usually used for introductions or towards people of high status))
[[that still doesn't really anwser my question...I thought sama was someone the speaker held in high reguard, honor, respect, and sometimes fear. But Dono was supposed to be like, a very powerful and important leader, like a lord or genral right? And does it matter that it's outdated here? This is an entirely different world anyway.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:40 am
Dragon Sneeze
The_Last_PlainsWalker
Dragon Sneeze

((Did you see the first post on this page? I answered your sama/dono question.))
[[sorry, didn't see that, that makes sense i guess, usually i see the lords and generals, kings and such be refered to as dono, but sometimes they do use the perons name.]]
Within a 20 minutes, Rio and Sabu had reached the beast pillar to see a large beast with it's throat cut open. [[i think that's what Hytoshi did right?]]

"Looks like he was here alright, I'll see if i can get a trace on him." Rio said as he got out the same powder he had used on footprints to see which way the two had gone before.  

liz_bliz_inc

Dragon Sneeze

Aged Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:46 am
The_Last_PlainsWalker
Dragon Sneeze
The_Last_PlainsWalker
Dragon Sneeze

[[sorry, didn't see that, that makes sense i guess, usually i see the lords and generals, kings and such be refered to as dono, but sometimes they do use the perons name.]]
Within a 20 minutes, Rio and Sabu had reached the beast pillar to see a large beast with it's throat cut open. [[i think that's what Hytoshi did right?]]

"Looks like he was here alright, I'll see if i can get a trace on him." Rio said as he got out the same powder he had used on footprints to see which way the two had gone before.

"I've seen that technique before. Very handy." Sabu said as he watched Rio work.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:57 am
Dragon Sneeze
The_Last_PlainsWalker
Dragon Sneeze
The_Last_PlainsWalker
Dragon Sneeze

"I've seen that technique before. Very handy." Sabu said as he watched Rio work.
Rio sprinkled some of the powder on Hytoshi's footprints and said a few words in an undecernable laguage. When he did, the footprint let off a glow and continued to light up down the path and then up into the trees, in the path that Hytoshi had taken. "That's what you get when your clan is heavily into the hunter nin business." Rio said with a smirk as he put the powder away.  

liz_bliz_inc

Dragon Sneeze

Aged Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:01 am
The_Last_PlainsWalker
Dragon Sneeze
The_Last_PlainsWalker
Dragon Sneeze
The_Last_PlainsWalker
Dragon Sneeze

Rio sprinkled some of the powder on Hytoshi's footprints and said a few words in an undecernable laguage. When he did, the footprint let off a glow and continued to light up down the path and then up into the trees, in the path that Hytoshi had taken. "That's what you get when your clan is heavily into the hunter nin business." Rio said with a smirk as he put the powder away.

Sabu winced when he mentioned nin hunting. "I see. That maybe where I saw that technique. That was my job for the Village of the Hidden Grass for several years. In fact.." Sabu broke off. He looked pained as if reliving a terrible memory.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:06 am
Dragon Sneeze
The_Last_PlainsWalker
Dragon Sneeze
The_Last_PlainsWalker
Dragon Sneeze
The_Last_PlainsWalker
Dragon Sneeze

Sabu winced when he mentioned nin hunting. "I see. That maybe where I saw that technique. That was my job for the Village of the Hidden Grass for several years. In fact.." Sabu broke off. He looked pained as if reliving a terrible memory.
"Ok, maybe we should talk about something else," Rio said as they started to follow the glowing prints. "What about that girlfriend i heard you had?"  

liz_bliz_inc

Dragon Sneeze

Aged Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:09 am
The_Last_PlainsWalker
Dragon Sneeze
The_Last_PlainsWalker
Dragon Sneeze
The_Last_PlainsWalker
Dragon Sneeze
The_Last_PlainsWalker
Dragon Sneeze

"Ok, maybe we should talk about something else," Rio said as they started to follow the glowing prints. "What about that girlfriend i heard you had?"

Sabu's mood visibly lightened. "Chiyo? We've known each other since we were very young, in fact we were on the same genin team. I love her very much."  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 256 257 258 259 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games